The Introduce Yourself Thread - Hello everyone!

New arrivals, including the hello threads and the sofa.
begolden
Conspiracy Theorist

Re: The Introduce Yourself Thread - Hello everyone!

Post by begolden »

Welcome to the forum, Sean! Hope you are having happy holidays!
word count: 11
Fan of the Orgasmic Grilled Cheese Sandwich

Sinkwriter72
King of the Lab

Post by Sinkwriter72 »

Welcome, Sean! :greetings-wavingblue: So glad you joined us here. Where did you happen upon Validation, if I may ask? YouTube? I think it's terrific that the Theatre Junkies' film (TJ! Whoo!) is reaching people. It's got such a positive message that makes me smile. Anyway, welcome to the forum! Hope you join us again sometime.

~ Sherry
(aka Sinkwriter72)
word count: 59
I want to thank anyone who spends part of their day creating [& sharing their experience]. I don't care if it's a book, a film, a painting, a dance, a piece of theater, a piece of music… I think this world would be unlivable without art. ~ S. Soderbergh

tennantselbow
Fan

Post by tennantselbow »

Hi all :D What a fantastically lovely and friendly forum you've got going here, I don't join many forums (already got too many excuses to avoid working) but this one seemed a genuinely nice place to be so I couldn't resist. I found it from seeing Validation, loving that and realising I recognised that bearded bloke from somewhere. Oh yeah - he's in Bones, which thanks to Branson and Murdoch making nice I've just caught up with again. I'd forgotten what a great show it is - so dusted off my DVDs and heading into season three as we speak.

Anyways it's lovely to be here but as I'm supposed to be working right this second I'm going to disappear off and get on with that. Hope to get to know you all and discuss everything under the sun very soon :dance:
word count: 147

TJ4ever
King of the Lab

Post by TJ4ever »

Welcome, tennantselbow! :text-welcomewave: Any chance that you are a David Tennant/Doctor Who fan, too? :wink:
Have fun in here! Maybe you can tell us a bit about you, if you want. Or join us on the sofa? Or the Random Thread?

Simone.
word count: 41
Angela: Well, what about love? What do you have to say about love?
Hodgins: It´s overrated-most of the time :-)

Dexter: They make it look so easy-connecting with another human being. It's like no one told them it's the hardest thing in the world.

tennantselbow
Fan

Post by tennantselbow »

That was quick - hello Simone and thank you :D

Yep - love a bit of DT and Doctor Who. I'm also a big Russell T Davies fan from pre DW days, not only a fantastic writer but a very nice chap.

Me? I'm lucky enough to be a writer - it's amazing and agonising in equal measure. Through work I've met some incredibly cool people (RTD being one of them!) and some insanely unpleasant people (insane being the word). I love what I do but not always the business I'm in. Apart from writing I love watching telly and movies, listening to music (my music collection threatens to take over my house), eating good food and drinking fine wine. I'm also extremely good at procrastinating... and really will now go and do some work :lol:

No doubt I will pop up on some other threads very soon
word count: 149

Sinkwriter72
King of the Lab

Post by Sinkwriter72 »

Welcome, tennantselbow! :D

I'm Sherry (also known as Sinkwriter72). So glad to see people finding TJ's work, especially his short film Validation.

And you're a writer! Delightful! What is your main focus? I think you'll find it fun how many creative people congregate here: writers, artists, musicians, actors, theatre enthusiasts... on and on. And of course here in the forums we know nothing about procrastination! ;)

Sincerely, I hope you enjoy yourself here. Come join us in the conversations, whichever threads catch your fancy.

And to tennantselbow and sean -- if you have any questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to let any of us know. We'll do what we can to help.

P.S. David Tennant and Doctor Who? You've got excellent taste! :mrgreen: I cannot wait to see the new DW Christmas episode! Regrettably, I'm not in the UK, so I have not yet seen it.
word count: 152
I want to thank anyone who spends part of their day creating [& sharing their experience]. I don't care if it's a book, a film, a painting, a dance, a piece of theater, a piece of music… I think this world would be unlivable without art. ~ S. Soderbergh

tennantselbow
Fan

Post by tennantselbow »

Hello Sherry and thank you :D

As a writer I focus mainly on TV scriptwriting - I love doing drama and comedy stuff, and always try to inject comedy into my drama and vice versa. I've also had a book published and as well as developing some TV series ideas (a comedy drama and a sitcom) I've got a novel as a work in progress that one day I will finish! The TV stuff takes up most of my time though (currently writing for a couple of long running shows) - not that I'm complaining. I'm very privileged to be able to do what I love and get paid for it most of the time. I'm also hoping to get one of my short film scripts made in 2009 - hence why I was checking out the competition and found Validation. It's about as a perfect a short film as you can get :D and certainly gives me somewhere to aim at.
word count: 163

TJ4ever
King of the Lab

Post by TJ4ever »

Really interesting work you do, tennantselbow!
word count: 6
Angela: Well, what about love? What do you have to say about love?
Hodgins: It´s overrated-most of the time :-)

Dexter: They make it look so easy-connecting with another human being. It's like no one told them it's the hardest thing in the world.

ThyneAlone
TJ Team Validator

Post by ThyneAlone »

I ask you. Two days out here and you miss so much.

Welcome tennantselbow!
I'm Steph, your friendly neighbourhood moderator - or one of. Yes you are right, this is an extraordinary forum, fantastically creative, supportive and friendly, and I am proud to have been here from almost the start. I too am in NW England! 5 miles north of Liverpool to be exact. Who knows, maybe we will meet sometime? Anyway, you are preaching to the converted here about David Tennant and RTD. I have just acquired S4 Doctor Who and S3 Bones for Christmas. Should keep me busy for a bit.

I am sorry you others haven't seen the Christmas DW special yet. It was good. Not quite as good as the previous ones in terms of plot and characterisation (and personally I am not too keen on Cybermen, find them irritating and overdone), but still well written and acted. I enjoyed the David Morrissey contribution too.

Anyway, tennantselbow, great to have you here, keep posting.
word count: 169
"We make our lives out of chaos and hope. And love." - Angela Montenegro

tennantselbow
Fan

Post by tennantselbow »

Hi Steph - small world :D I live just south of Preston, so not a million miles from you. Thank you for the warm welcome and for running such a lovely forum. Internet forums can be pretty brutal places but not this one thankfully :dance:

Being a fan of Doctor Who, DT and RTD have you read RTD's book A Writer's Tale? If not I'd highly recommend it. RTD is as entertaining and mad as he comes across on DW Confidential and it's a great behind the scenes glances at DW and being a working writer. He didn't earn his tag 'nicest man in telly' for nothing :lol:

I do agree with you about the Cybermen though but I did enjoy the Cybershades - everyone in our house quite fancied one as a pet!

I've just started watching Bones series 3 DVD - got to episode 3! :shock: Being a horsey person (but with real furry beasts not in the same way as in the episode) it really made me laugh. The Bones writers come up with some really wacky scenarios :lol: Can't imagine seeing that sort of thing in The Bill or Silent Witness :lol:
word count: 194

Jude40
Conspiracy Theorist

Post by Jude40 »

Just wanted to say hi tennantselbow.

I'm just down the M6 in Liverpool and obviously a massive TJ fan and very into 'Bones'. I enjoy DW although I have to admit I forgot about the Christmas special as I was into watching the 'Bones' boxed set I got for Christmas.

It's cool to welcome another person to the forum, more people to chat to, always good.

Catch you later

Jude x
word count: 73

ThyneAlone
TJ Team Validator

Post by ThyneAlone »

tennantselbow wrote:Being a fan of Doctor Who, DT and RTD have you read RTD's book A Writer's Tale? If not I'd highly recommend it.
Teehee. Actually I have been recommending this to all and sundry on the board for a couple of months, as Sherry will confirm! Love it to bits. RTD has joined my eclectic list of people I would like to have dinner with...

Ah yes, pony play. Quite a mindstretcher that one. I know it's only a short road into S3 but at this stage I began to worry as to whether the series had lost its heart. Suddenly the writers seemed to be competing for the weirdest scenario or the one that embarrassed BB the most. Dismayed by the risible Gormagon arc and the backwash from the writers' strike, I found this season worryingly contrived, with not enough development of the good material that was already evident. Even so it has some nice moments. The 'Bones' forum will give you the members' reviews of the various eps, which are well worth dipping into.
word count: 182

begolden
Conspiracy Theorist

Post by begolden »

I add my welcome to you, Tennantselbow. This website has truly become the British invasion, although I'm not complaining one bit! :flags-wavegreatbritain: I feel proud of our little multinational forum, and hope you are here to stay and enjoy the company. Thanks for sharing about yourself, and we look forward to getting to know you even better.
word count: 57
Fan of the Orgasmic Grilled Cheese Sandwich

skftex
TJ Team Validator

Post by skftex »

Welcome tennantselbow. Cute screen name. :D

Sharon
word count: 6
Blessed are they who see beautiful things in humble places where other people see nothing.-Camille Pissarro

tennantselbow
Fan

Post by tennantselbow »

ThyneAlone wrote:
tennantselbow wrote:Being a fan of Doctor Who, DT and RTD have you read RTD's book A Writer's Tale? If not I'd highly recommend it.
Teehee. Actually I have been recommending this to all and sundry on the board for a couple of months, as Sherry will confirm! Love it to bits. RTD has joined my eclectic list of people I would like to have dinner with...

I met him back in May at a TV drama conference - well I accosted him outside whilst he was having a crafty ciggy as it was impossible to get near him inside the event. He'd said some rather lovely and complimentary things in the press about one of the shows I write for so I thanked him for his support, as it gave the show more kudos than it ever had before. Praise from him means a huge amount as I admire his work and his whole ethos - he loves telly without any snobbery (so much snobbery about TV in the UK, even from within the industry). He couldn't have been lovelier or more friendly and supportive. Despite the fact I was interrupting his private time he was more than happy to chat to me about writing and TV. He also confirmed what we already know - David Tennant is a lovely human being :D The other remarkable thing about RTD is just how tall he is - well over 6 foot. Unusual in telly circles - most people... actors, producers, directors, writers even, tend to be short. There must be an anthropological/psychological reason for that :mrgreen: probably related to some sort of attention seeking disorder!

At this TV conference RTD also did a guest speaker spot and he is loud, funny, without shame, controversial, out spoken, charming and honest. He'd be a fabulous dinner guest!

And big hello and thanks to Jude, Sharon and begolden :D :D :D
word count: 317

bonesaddict11
Super Fan

Post by bonesaddict11 »

Oh boy, I did it again. I've been gone for so long! Sorry. :oops:
Hehe anyway, hello to all the new people! Seems like we have A lOT of new people now. Yay. :D
word count: 33

ThyneAlone
TJ Team Validator

Post by ThyneAlone »

Well Dohee, if you stick around you will probably be able to follow quite a bit of soccer, with Jude and I discoursing on the merits of Liverpool FC and other Premiership teams!
word count: 33

saintabs
Fan

Post by saintabs »

Hello,
I feel a bit awkward here. I do enjoy watching Bones. It's not something I've devoted my life to or anything. I think X-Files sort of numbed my sense of romanticism where continually suspended relationships are concerned. X-Files to Buffy to Angel to Veronica Mars to Scrubs to House to Bones with a dalliance here and there with some Gilmore Girls, Sports Night, Studio 60 On the Sunset Strip, Monk and Riches, and perhaps some Leverage in my future. Heroes and Firefly are in categories all their own. While it appears I spend all my time watching TV...I don't. Not really anyway. They're unhealthy diversions from life. There's really nothing I don't love about teaching 7th and 8th grade English at a New England boarding school, but sometimes the struggle to mesh with adolescent minds leads me to seek televised pursuits in my valuable spare time. Often, it's all for which I have the energy.
I'm tired a lot.
I love teaching though. I'm pretty sure I do anyway. It certainly gives me a reason to get up and go every morning.
Television lets me turn off. I stop thinking, albeit briefly. The problem inherent in that is that I don't want to stop thinking or learning. I don't want to become stangnant, useless, and bereft of social skills.
In my effort to stave off muscle death in my brain, I decided to try writing to others about my admiration for TJ Thyne and what he does. That said, I'm not entirely sure I know enough about Mr. Thyne to qualify a welcome statement on a thread on his website. He's easy on the eyes, seems to work out, and also seems to give back to the community with his Theater Junkie project.
He seems to be one of those people around whom I'd turn into a complete idiot. Someone so at home with himself and his life that my uncertainties, fears, insecurities and inability to talk around anyone I admire would be thrown into sharp relief at a glance from him.
Delightful. Why did I start writing here again? Ah yes. I've been 26 years old for about a half an hour now, and I haven't managed to forget it.
I should get to sleep. I need to teach children to swim tomorrow..er..today, and I should probably be well rested so I don't bite their heads off.
It's been nice emoting at you guys. You all seem very nice.
word count: 434

skftex
TJ Team Validator

Post by skftex »

Hello saintabs! Welcome to the message board! And HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!

I really never know how to talk to famous people either. Not that I've met a lot of them, but those I have met, I hardly say a word. Probably look like :P or :shock: the whole time.

I watched a lot of the shows you mentioned, and I hardly watch TV at all. Mostly Bones now, and I have a backload of Heroes because I got behind and just started recording them and haven't found the time to watch them.

I definitely understand about always wanting to learn. I'm a student..and I'm 41. :)

Anyway, glad you could join us. I love how we are getting more and more new people here. YAY!! :happy-cheerleadersmileyguy:

Sharon

word count: 127
Blessed are they who see beautiful things in humble places where other people see nothing.-Camille Pissarro

Jude40
Conspiracy Theorist

Post by Jude40 »

Hi Saintabs

Welcome.

Another new person, I'm feeling like an old hand now and I only came on here for the first time in November.

I don't watch a lot of TV, mostly Cold Case, Bones and sport (Football (Soccer) mostly). I got seasons 1 to 3 of Bones for Christmas so I am a bit Bones obsessed at the moment.

New England seems to be a pretty cool part of the world to live. I went through the area on a trip with friends a few years back. We did an east coast USA and Canada tour taking in New York, Boston, Quebec, Montreal, Toronto, Niagara, and Washington with very brief visits to Baltimore and Philadelphia. It was a fab trip although we came over in the fall to see the colours and the weather was unseasonable that year so we missed the best of the colours, typical!

You must have a lot of patience for a career in teaching, much as I love children I'm not sure I could teach for a living, mind you its always struck me as a vocation that you're either made for or not.

Anyway, just wanted to say hi.

Catch you later

Jude x
word count: 206