The Introduce Yourself Thread - Hello everyone!

New arrivals, including the hello threads and the sofa.
TJ4ever
King of the Lab

Re: The Introduce Yourself Thread - Hello everyone!

Post by TJ4ever »

Welcome saintabs - and HAPPY BIRTHDAY!
Have fun!
Simone.
word count: 8
Angela: Well, what about love? What do you have to say about love?
Hodgins: It´s overrated-most of the time :-)

Dexter: They make it look so easy-connecting with another human being. It's like no one told them it's the hardest thing in the world.

ThyneAlone
TJ Team Validator

Post by ThyneAlone »

saintabs wrote:I feel a bit awkward here. I do enjoy watching Bones. It's not something I've devoted my life to or anything. I think X-Files sort of numbed my sense of romanticism where continually suspended relationships are concerned. X-Files to Buffy to Angel to Veronica Mars to Scrubs to House to Bones
You obviously like well written television with an investment in the characters. You sum up here most of what I and others here watch(ed). So, definitely no need to feel awkward! Welcome!
saintabs wrote:There's really nothing I don't love about teaching 7th and 8th grade English at a New England boarding school, but sometimes the struggle to mesh with adolescent minds leads me to seek televised pursuits in my valuable spare time. Often, it's all for which I have the energy.
I'm tired a lot.
You are my evil twin (except I am nearly twice your age, grrr.)! That's exactly how I feel! Mine's an independent boys' day school and I teach languages to ages 11-18.
saintabs wrote:In my effort to stave off muscle death in my brain, I decided to try writing to others about my admiration for TJ Thyne and what he does. That said, I'm not entirely sure I know enough about Mr. Thyne to qualify a welcome statement on a thread on his website.

Now that is just silly. *wags finger* :) How are people going to learn about TJ unless they come and join in on the website, which will, when we have finished redecorating, be the main source on him and his activities? Again - you are so welcome! We love new people here.
saintabs wrote:Someone so at home with himself and his life
I really don't think he would concur with that! He has incredible positive energy and is a really genuine, appreciative and lovely individual, but he has his insecurities and difficulties like the rest of us, I think.
saintabs wrote:I've been 26 years old for about a half an hour now, and I haven't managed to forget it.
ummm...well...we won't give you the chance. HAPPY BIRTHDAY!
saintabs wrote:It's been nice emoting at you guys. You all seem very nice.
I've said it before - I am honoured and occasionally humbled to help out on such a warm, loving, supportive and intelligent network. The people here are AMAZING. Maybe TJ just attracts great fans. So good to see you. Stay around and explore a bit!

Steph x
word count: 431
"We make our lives out of chaos and hope. And love." - Angela Montenegro

Miss Rhi
Fan

Post by Miss Rhi »

Hello lovelies!

I am so excited that there is some place to chat about TJ Thyne!

Well I guess I should introduce myself, I am Rhi. I am Australian (it's so hot here atm!) and I feel like I hardly get to see ANYTHING good. They are still playing season 2 of Bones here (on Cable TV) and free TV takes forever and is constantly changing.

Any information anyone can give me about getting a copy of the film Validation (can we buy it on the site somewhere?), that would be awesome. I mean, I would love to own my copy type of thing. I thought it was awesome.

I'm 24 years old and am a fictional writer. I wish I could say I have had something great published, but just a couple of short stories.

Oh - and I am a nerd.

I think I covered it. Look forward to getting to know you all!!
word count: 157

Sinkwriter72
King of the Lab

Post by Sinkwriter72 »

Welcome to TJ Thyne's site, Rhi! Delighted to meet you! :D

P.S. Send some of that hot weather my way, will you? It snowed here in Illinois yesterday, and it's supposed to get frigidly cold all week (below zero Fahrenheit). *shudder*

Have you had the opportunity to see any of TJ's other work? What is your favorite thing about the program Bones, thus far in your viewing? What episode are you up to?

As for finding Validation on DVD, I don't believe it's available yet. (Which is probably normal for 'short film' formats... doesn't reach mass market immediately.) I think many of us would be more than happy to buy a copy, so hopefully they're working on it. Definitely keep checking in here on the site, especially with Steph (our moderator here on the forums) and Sharon (who's helping out with the technical side of things on this site) -- I'm sure they'll post a message from TJ about it as soon as it is available. Or you never know, TJ might come on and post a message about it himself! He's been known to stop by and write a quick note when we least expect it, which is always fun and surprising. :mrgreen:

Miss Rhi wrote: I'm 24 years old and am a fictional writer. I wish I could say I have had something great published, but just a couple of short stories.

Oh - and I am a nerd.
"Just a couple of short stories"? Hey, Rhi, I say whether it's one story or twenty or one hundred, published is published. Good for you! :dance: As someone who dabbles in writing (and would love to expand that to publication), I think you're inspiring.

So, does your writing focus on a specific genre or is your style more general? Would we be able to read any of your work? Were your stories published in Australia only, or possibly in a worldwide publication we may be able to access?

P.S. Nerds are cool. :handgestures-thumbup:

Just ask Jack Hodgins. Or, is he more of a geek than a nerd? *GRIN*

;)

Either way, we love him here, and we're glad you've joined us! Visit the various threads and jump in on the conversations. We'd love to hear your point of view. And as always, if you have any questions about the site or the forum or anything, don't hesitate to ask. There are so many lovely people here, all willing to help.
word count: 424
I want to thank anyone who spends part of their day creating [& sharing their experience]. I don't care if it's a book, a film, a painting, a dance, a piece of theater, a piece of music… I think this world would be unlivable without art. ~ S. Soderbergh

skftex
TJ Team Validator

Post by skftex »

Welcome Rhi!. Glad you could join us.

Recently TJ had a question about Validation being released on DVD and when I asked him about it, he said "Eventually". So, that is what I know right now.

I'm a geek of the computer kind! :lol:

Sharon
word count: 45
Blessed are they who see beautiful things in humble places where other people see nothing.-Camille Pissarro

Jude40
Conspiracy Theorist

Post by Jude40 »

Hi Rhi

Cool to have another person joining us. When I visited Australia at about this time of year it was ridiculously hot. My Dad's sister lives just outside Perth and they were having bush fires (a little bit worrying!) Mind you its been freezing here recently so a little warmth wouldn't go amiss.
We're quite lucky in the UK in that we are more or less up to date with Bones and I must admit I'm enjoying it more with each season.

Anyway, welcome again

Jude x
word count: 92

TJ4ever
King of the Lab

Post by TJ4ever »

Welcome, Rhi! Have fun!
Simone.
word count: 5

Dexter: They make it look so easy-connecting with another human being. It's like no one told them it's the hardest thing in the world.

thebugguy08
Fan

Post by thebugguy08 »

Hi everyone!! I'm Stephanie and I'm from Illinois. I was introduced to TJ through Bones and his amazing character, Dr. Hodgins. I love the show Bones, and I'm looking forward to watching other shows, projects, commercials, etc that he has acted in. Just wanted to drop by and say hello!
word count: 53

skftex
TJ Team Validator

Post by skftex »

Hi Stephanie! Welcome to the board!

Sharon
word count: 7
Blessed are they who see beautiful things in humble places where other people see nothing.-Camille Pissarro

Miss Rhi
Fan

Post by Miss Rhi »

Sinkwriter72 wrote:Welcome to TJ Thyne's site, Rhi! Delighted to meet you! :D

P.S. Send some of that hot weather my way, will you? It snowed here in Illinois yesterday, and it's supposed to get frigidly cold all week (below zero Fahrenheit). *shudder*

Have you had the opportunity to see any of TJ's other work? What is your favorite thing about the program Bones, thus far in your viewing? What episode are you up to?

As for finding Validation on DVD, I don't believe it's available yet. (Which is probably normal for 'short film' formats... doesn't reach mass market immediately.) I think many of us would be more than happy to buy a copy, so hopefully they're working on it. Definitely keep checking in here on the site, especially with Steph (our moderator here on the forums) and Sharon (who's helping out with the technical side of things on this site) -- I'm sure they'll post a message from TJ about it as soon as it is available. Or you never know, TJ might come on and post a message about it himself! He's been known to stop by and write a quick note when we least expect it, which is always fun and surprising. :mrgreen:

Miss Rhi wrote: I'm 24 years old and am a fictional writer. I wish I could say I have had something great published, but just a couple of short stories.

Oh - and I am a nerd.
"Just a couple of short stories"? Hey, Rhi, I say whether it's one story or twenty or one hundred, published is published. Good for you! :dance: As someone who dabbles in writing (and would love to expand that to publication), I think you're inspiring.

So, does your writing focus on a specific genre or is your style more general? Would we be able to read any of your work? Were your stories published in Australia only, or possibly in a worldwide publication we may be able to access?

P.S. Nerds are cool. :handgestures-thumbup:

Just ask Jack Hodgins. Or, is he more of a geek than a nerd? *GRIN*

;)

Either way, we love him here, and we're glad you've joined us! Visit the various threads and jump in on the conversations. We'd love to hear your point of view. And as always, if you have any questions about the site or the forum or anything, don't hesitate to ask. There are so many lovely people here, all willing to help.
Wow!! What a welcome!

In terms of my writing, I like to think I am witty. But I can post my publish story on here for y'all if you want to read it! It's like a modern day Red Riding Hood.

In terms of TJ's work, well I saw Erin Brockovich, a couple of the commercials (all youtube, we don't get a lot of US ads), Friends Validation and Bones. I am really into the Theatre Junkie type of stuff, I find it to be more.. validating (ha. I crack em up) and rewarding to watch. I am not going to deny that I am not a lover on Bones though, I have to admit - I love the show and I love the many levels of the characters. It just... makes me feel at ease when I watch it!

Bones, I am finished Season... 2. I know! What a disgrace! Our TV is a bit crap here. I mean in terms of there isn't a lot of variety (free to air) and the cable television can only work with what they can. So free to air, have rights to Bones and honestly, have no idea when it plays! But I have been watching it religiously on Cable and purchased Season 2 on DVD. But I wiki-ed all the episodes and I know sort of whats going on.

Oh btw - todays temperature was: 39 degrees celicius. I believe that's like 102.2 farenheit?

Either way, it was darn hot today!

*spreads good vibes to all*

And welcome to Stephanie who walked in after me!

xxxx
word count: 697

TJ4ever
King of the Lab

Post by TJ4ever »

Hello Stephanie! :text-welcomewave:
Simone.
word count: 3

thebugguy08
Fan

Post by thebugguy08 »

Wow! Thanks for the welcomes!!!! Everyone here is so nice!!! I'm glad I finally found this site!
word count: 18

Sinkwriter72
King of the Lab

Post by Sinkwriter72 »

So much to do this morning, but I wanted to at the very least say hi to our newest member, Stephanie! Hi! Welcome to TJ's site! :greetings-wavingyellow: Hope you join us in the discussion threads.

P.S. Very cool to meet another person from Illinois. Is it cold and snowy where you are today, too? :D

~ Sherry
aka Sinkwriter72
word count: 58
I want to thank anyone who spends part of their day creating [& sharing their experience]. I don't care if it's a book, a film, a painting, a dance, a piece of theater, a piece of music… I think this world would be unlivable without art. ~ S. Soderbergh

ThyneAlone
TJ Team Validator

Post by ThyneAlone »

Blimey O'Reilly! Take your eye off the ball for one day here and suddenly new members creep under the door while you're not looking!

Rhi, Stephanie (I've never had a namesake on here yet as far as I know):

WELCOME :clap: I am your friendly neighbourhood moderator. So glad to have you swell our ranks. If you know any other TJ fans, push them gently in this direction - I don't think enough people know about this board. We need to advertise! And I am glad, too, to see you are both posting happily already. I do want to apologise to you both for not greeting you sooner. I'm a teacher in the UK and currently bogged down in January exams - setting, conducting in the case of oral exams, and marking! Some times of year are just mad, sorry.
I think it's funny two people should come in together from two such diametrically opposed climates! We have members from all over, so time and weather are really moveable feasts. I love hearing about where others live, and because we have a galaxy of talented writers on here, they describe their areaswith vivid panache. In fact I may start a thread on where we all hail from...pictures and everything.

I digress. Have a superb time here both of you. I can tell I am going to really enjoy talking with you.

Love,
Steph x
word count: 238

Miss Rhi
Fan

Post by Miss Rhi »

Yick exams.

Have fun with those.

:P
word count: 6

thebugguy08
Fan

Post by thebugguy08 »

Sinkwriter72 wrote:So much to do this morning, but I wanted to at the very least say hi to our newest member, Stephanie! Hi! Welcome to TJ's site! :greetings-wavingyellow: Hope you join us in the discussion threads.

P.S. Very cool to meet another person from Illinois. Is it cold and snowy where you are today, too? :D

~ Sherry
aka Sinkwriter72
Yes, it is very cold where I am...I think the high is -2 and the windchill is around -32...they even cancelled school.
word count: 84

bonesaddict11
Super Fan

Post by bonesaddict11 »

A belated welcome to Stephanie and Rhi!!! :mrgreen:
word count: 7

Miss Rhi
Fan

Post by Miss Rhi »

Thank you kindly!

xxx
word count: 4

sundy317
Fan

Post by sundy317 »

Hello everyone!Thought I should introduce myself...Well,I'm Sundy and I'm from Greece(!),20 years old,currently in Law School.
I only just discovered tjthyne.com and I just couldn't resist joining!I'm not much of a forum person,but what you've created here seems really interesting so I thought I'd give it a shot.
I have to admit I watch a lot of tv...We get to see many shows from the US here in Greece,but naturally we usually are at least 1 season back.
As for Bones,I discovered it last summer,watched all 3 seasons on tv and I've downloaded season 4 so far,so I guess I'm up to date.I just loved TJ as Hodgins,so I googled him and that's how I found you guys...
Well,I guess that's enough for now.Just one more thing:I'm not so sure about my English(haven't had the chance to test them before)...Anyway,it's nice being here...
word count: 177
-Θα στο πω όσο πιο γρήγορα γίνεται,γιατί μπορεί να πάθω έμφραγμα και να μην προλάβω να στο πω και να μην το μάθεις ποτέ...

ThyneAlone
TJ Team Validator

Post by ThyneAlone »

Sundy, your English is fantastic! :clap: I wish I could muster any Greek at all - it's a lovely-sounding language. You are very welcome here and I hope you will enjoy being part of our community. I really do look on it as a community and not a forum; evryone here is so caring and supportive of everyone else.

Well, feel free to explore and post as much as you can. We have the sofa for your long, occasionally offtopic chats to the likeminded (and if you care to tell us more about yourself); the random thread for oddities that don't quite fit elsewhere, and big healthy Bones, Spoiler and Other Work forums. Plus of course the Talk TJ forum and the media forum for just talking about TJ generally! You have come at an exciting time for TJ, as his Theatre Junkies film Validation is gaining Netwide recognition, and for us, as we are giving both the message board and the main site a makeover. So now is a good time to let us know if there is anything you would like to see here. We have loads of great members who will help show you round.

Always good to see new members. We look forward to getting to know you, Sundy!
word count: 214