The Introduce Yourself Thread - Hello everyone!

New arrivals, including the hello threads and the sofa.
Sinkwriter72
King of the Lab

Re: The Introduce Yourself Thread - Hello everyone!

Post by Sinkwriter72 »

Hello and welcome to Kathleen and Jana! Love your avatars. I hope you like it here and chat with us often. :D Let us know if you have any questions about TJ's site.

P.S. to Kathleen -- musical theatre. Niiiice! Are you a soprano or an alto? What's your favorite show? I think you'll find lots of people here who are artistic, and especially enjoy music and/or singing.

*waves hi to Callie* Good to 'see' you, lady. Hope you are well. How's your thumb? ;)
word count: 88

Sinkwriter72
King of the Lab

Post by Sinkwriter72 »

*waves at ThyneAlone*

Thanks for the encouraging PM, Steph. I've spent the afternoon working on typing up my thoughts, but just now finally decided to take a break. My brain is smoking. ;)
word count: 33

ThyneAlone
TJ Team Validator

Post by ThyneAlone »

Thumb? What's she done to it?
What have I told you about over-hitchhiking, Dakotah? :angry-tappingfoot: :handgestures-thumbup:

Just realised I haven't yet said hi to Jana. :oops: Welcome Jana! Hope you enjoy it here! We're all a bit mad, but I consider that somewhat of an advantage personally. :twisted:

PS Hi Sherry! Good to see you. I'm so glad we are going to have the pleasure of reading a review from you again soon. Looking forward to it. Mind the brain, though. Spontaneous combustion - not good for the neurones. :D
word count: 89
"We make our lives out of chaos and hope. And love." - Angela Montenegro

Callieach
Fan

Post by Callieach »

ThyneAlone - I sprained it at the library, studying for my Histoire Moderne exam nearly three weeks ago. It's a "Skiier's Injury". Done at the library. Aren't you so proud?

Sinkwriter72 - Thanks for the concern. It's still moderately sore and completely immobile. Very exciting. In another week, I go back to the doctor and we start talking about ! plans. (Math joke. Internet muffins if you get it.)

Have I mentioned that I miss this place when I haven't been around in a while? <3
word count: 88
xox.

"I am not a party trick!"

ThyneAlone
TJ Team Validator

Post by ThyneAlone »

We miss you hugely when you aren't around here, madam!
After all, it's a rare character indeed who can acquire a skiing injury in a library, and such a person must be treated with respect. And watched carefully in a suitably very softly-furnished environment.

Feel better soon, liebchen. :wink:
word count: 51

Callieach
Fan

Post by Callieach »

I am told I'm one of a kind.

Thanks, mutterersatz. (I think I'm allowed to use that as a term of endearement, but maybe not. My knowledge of the language is about two weeks old. Anyway, I mean it with affection.)
word count: 43
xox.

irishdancer2
Fan

Post by irishdancer2 »

Callieach wrote:Kathleen - Musical Theatre and French, huh? Two of my favourite things. Can I ask where you're studying?
I'm just at community college right now. I'm planning to get my associate's degree here and then transfer to a bigger college and get involved with a production company. If everything goes according to plan, it'll be a transfer to a college in L.A. and getting involved with Theatre Junkies :)
Sinkwriter72 wrote:Hello and welcome to Kathleen and Jana! Love your avatars.

P.S. to Kathleen -- musical theatre. Niiiice! Are you a soprano or an alto? What's your favorite show? I think you'll find lots of people here who are artistic, and especially enjoy music and/or singing.
Thanks! My avatar is me being ridiculous :)

I'm a first soprano. I've never been able to pick a favorite show! I've been in so many... Into the Woods is definitely up there. Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat, The Crucible, pretty much any Gershwin... I'll sit through/be in almost any show; I'm not picky!
word count: 185

skftex
TJ Team Validator

Post by skftex »

I love musical theatre, not that I have ever been in any of it, can't sing a note. LOL But LOVE LOVE LOVE to watch it. Good for you Kathleen!
word count: 31
Blessed are they who see beautiful things in humble places where other people see nothing.-Camille Pissarro

Hodgins
Fan

Post by Hodgins »

Hello all.

I is a newbie person. Hodgins is my username but you can feel free to call me Jo. :D
I am 20 years old and I discovered TJ in Bones. Think he's a brilliant character and all that jazz.
Hope to speak to some of you in the near future.
word count: 52

Callieach
Fan

Post by Callieach »

Hi there, Jo.

Glad to have you around, and we certainly look forward to getting to know you. :)
word count: 18
xox.

ThyneAlone
TJ Team Validator

Post by ThyneAlone »

Someone came in and I missed them??
Shame on me! And thanks Callie.
Jo, great to know you; explore, post and enjoy. Look forward to getting better acquainted!
word count: 28

Sinkwriter72
King of the Lab

Post by Sinkwriter72 »

Welcome, Jo! So glad you've joined us here. :D
word count: 9
I want to thank anyone who spends part of their day creating [& sharing their experience]. I don't care if it's a book, a film, a painting, a dance, a piece of theater, a piece of music… I think this world would be unlivable without art. ~ S. Soderbergh

TJ4ever
King of the Lab

Post by TJ4ever »

Hey Jo! Welcome! :)
Simone.
word count: 4
Angela: Well, what about love? What do you have to say about love?
Hodgins: It´s overrated-most of the time :-)

Dexter: They make it look so easy-connecting with another human being. It's like no one told them it's the hardest thing in the world.

Hodgins
Fan

Post by Hodgins »

Thank you for your kind welcomes. I don't know the ins and outs of stuff yet but I'm sure I will find out.

Am looking forward to sticking around.

Also on a side note, I am a bit behind with the times. I've up to episode 9 in series 4. Anyone know anywhere that they can be watched other than the normal suggestions of hitting blockbusters. :P
Last edited by Hodgins on Sun Feb 15, 2009 7:29 am, edited 1 time in total. word count: 69

TJ4ever
King of the Lab

Post by TJ4ever »

If you want to you can tell us a bit more about yourself on the "sofa". Looking forward to hear from you again!
Simone. :sci-fi-beamup:
word count: 24
Angela: Well, what about love? What do you have to say about love?
Hodgins: It´s overrated-most of the time :-)

Dexter: They make it look so easy-connecting with another human being. It's like no one told them it's the hardest thing in the world.

skftex
TJ Team Validator

Post by skftex »

Welcome Jo!
word count: 2
Blessed are they who see beautiful things in humble places where other people see nothing.-Camille Pissarro

Sinkwriter72
King of the Lab

Post by Sinkwriter72 »

Hi, Jo! Let us know if you have any questions, as you make your way around the site and look at everything. Also, Sharon's always looking for suggestions and ideas for the site, so there's something you'd like to see, let her know over on the Site Ideas Thread, found in the "Talk TJ" section of the forum.

:D

Sherry
aka Sinkwriter72
word count: 64

skftex
TJ Team Validator

Post by skftex »

Well not just me looking for ideas Sherry, but yes, we love to hear what people think of the site and ideas to improve it. Right now Steph does need some input about the profiles, she asked on the site ideas thread and I don't know if anyone has given any ideas yet. Hope some of you venture over there and let her know what sort of things you'd like to be able to add to your profile.

Sharon

word count: 81

ThyneAlone
TJ Team Validator

Post by ThyneAlone »

Thanks Sharon for mentioning this!
Point being, our webmaster and admin Ben tells me he has found he can add a couple of extra fields to our profiles if we like to make them more personal to us. I personally would like a section where I could list my likes and dislikes to start with, maybe have a links section where I could give links to sites I visit regularly. I'd also like our profiles to have private galleries, and to be able to select skins on a profile page on which I could design my own surroundings, but I suspect that doesn't come under the 'fields' remit!
word count: 110

Jude40
Conspiracy Theorist

Post by Jude40 »

A bit late with this but just wanted to say hi Jo

Jude x
word count: 14