The Introduce Yourself Thread - Hello everyone!

New arrivals, including the hello threads and the sofa.
Sinkwriter72
King of the Lab

Re: The Introduce Yourself Thread - Hello everyone!

Post by Sinkwriter72 »

Hi again, Jen!

You can call me Sherry. (I keep forgetting to sign off with that in this thread, where -- obviously -- people don't yet know me. Derrr. Sorry about that. *sheepish grin*)

I was a latecomer but eventual BtVS and AtS viewer, so watching Firefly was a certainty for me. Though FOX mucked things up in showing episodes out of order the first time 'round, so watching it on DVD made much more sense and I liked it even better the second time through (and third, and fourth, heh). Can't believe it was ever a question now. I really do enjoy Joss's style of writing and his sense of humor, and the actors are amazing.

IntempestaNox wrote:(Speaking of which...Dr Horrible's Sing-Along-Blog is good too.)
I believe the "Corporate Tool" line made me laugh the hardest. :mrgreen:

And Neil Patrick Harris's singing voice seems to be getting stronger and stronger -- he hit some fantastic notes. I was really impressed. Apparently my teenaged crush on Doogie Howser has been reinforced with his new projects. ;)

IntempestaNox wrote:I'm into a few other shows as well *coughs*Bones*coughs*, but figure I could save that list, however short or long it is, for another thread. Would that go in the "Sofa", or somewheres else?
I think Steph or Rebecca -- our lovely Super Mods -- could answer that better than I, but yes, the "Sofa" thread is a terrific place to introduce yourself even more in-depth. Please, join us there, pull up a cushion and get comfy! :D

As for Bones *GRIN* we're always elated to have people pop in and discuss that subject.

As I'm sure you may have noticed, there are plenty of threads about the various episodes, as well as threads for TJ's other projects. Also, check out the Articles section of TJ's site where you'll find part I of an interview in which TJ answers some of the many questions we asked him right here in the forum!

In fact, if you've got any specific questions you'd like to ask him -- we're hoping for a continuation of the Q&A when he has the time -- check out the Talk TJ section of the forum, in the thread entitled "All you wanted to know and haven't had a chance to ask." Post your questions there. We've had some very fun, creative questions from TJ fans all over the world.

Again, welcome to TJ's site!

~ Sherry
aka Sinkwriter72
word count: 424
I want to thank anyone who spends part of their day creating [& sharing their experience]. I don't care if it's a book, a film, a painting, a dance, a piece of theater, a piece of music… I think this world would be unlivable without art. ~ S. Soderbergh

ThyneAlone
TJ Team Validator

Post by ThyneAlone »

Hiya Jen! So happy to see you. Love your signature quote btw. A favourite line from Buffy, that.
IntempestaNox wrote: I enjoy the way Joss Whedon writes. He certainly knows how to play tug-of-war with one's emotions.
Totally.
IntempestaNox wrote:I'm into a few other shows as well *coughs*Bones*coughs*, but figure I could save that list, however short or long it is, for another thread. Would that go in the "Sofa", or somewheres else?
The Sofa is for anything offtopic, so feel free. Though here is ok too if not too lengthy. With general lack of TJ news on the horizon we are talking a lot about other things! :wink: Hopefully Bones S4 will attract attention in a month or so. We really ought to be writing reviews of the other seasons while we're waiting!
IntempestaNox wrote:On TJ, there are so few actors out there that draw me in both physically and with their thespian skill. He's one of the few, and I'm thankful he's has the chance to create and grow into such an interesting character on the show. I'm looking forward to the next season as well - I hope Hodgins is in a lot of the storyline.
As are we all. Though we are all bracing ourselves for arrival of Birimbau and a possible tiff or even breakup :shock: TJ does anguished brilliantly but I like seeing Hodgie happy!!
Welcome.
word count: 242
"We make our lives out of chaos and hope. And love." - Angela Montenegro

TJ4ever
King of the Lab

Post by TJ4ever »

Hey you - eh Jen! :)

Welcome!

Like your signature, too! Loved that line from BUFFY! And Giles' face after that line was priceless! :)

I was a big BUFFY-fan, too! Have all 7 seasons on DVD and still like to watch it. James Marsters was my favourite! Met him several times on conventions. He's so great!

Have fun here!

Simone
word count: 60
Angela: Well, what about love? What do you have to say about love?
Hodgins: It´s overrated-most of the time :-)

Dexter: They make it look so easy-connecting with another human being. It's like no one told them it's the hardest thing in the world.

bonesaddict11
Super Fan

Post by bonesaddict11 »

Welcome to the site Jen!

I'm dohee btw
=)
word count: 9

IntempestaNox
Fan

Post by IntempestaNox »

Thanks for the warm welcomes everyone! :D
Sinkwriter72 wrote:I believe the "Corporate Tool" line made me laugh the hardest. :mrgreen:
Heehee...that was a good line, as were many. The one that had me laughing out loud was NPH's "Captain Hammer threw a car at my head". The way he said it (voice cracking) and cringed was priceless. I almost felt bad for laughing.
Sinkwriter72 wrote:
As I'm sure you may have noticed, there are plenty of threads about the various episodes, as well as threads for TJ's other projects. Also, check out the Articles section of TJ's site where you'll find part I of an interview in which TJ answers some of the many questions we asked him right here in the forum!
Cool...I plan to peruse the site bit by bit. I've taken a gander at some of the pictures. All i have to say is - blue shirt - wowzers! :shock: :wink:
Sinkwriter72 wrote:
In fact, if you've got any specific questions you'd like to ask him -- we're hoping for a continuation of the Q&A when he has the time -- check out the Talk TJ section of the forum, in the thread entitled "All you wanted to know and haven't had a chance to ask." Post your questions there. We've had some very fun, creative questions from TJ fans all over the world.
Questions, eh? I'll see what I can dig up (pun intended) for a future Q&A. I tend to ask alot of "outside the box" questions. TJ, be prepared for a few curveballs. *grins*
TyneAlone wrote:
The Sofa is for anything off topic, so feel free. Though here is ok too if not too lengthy. With general lack of TJ news on the horizon we are talking a lot about other things! Hopefully Bones S4 will attract attention in a month or so. We really ought to be writing reviews of the other seasons while we're waiting!
Thanks TyneAlone for your advisement! And I'd bet S4 will bring fans on in here. I'm trying to catch up on the shows I missed in seasons 2 and 3 (getting the dvd sets). I'm not sure I can say I look forward to Brimbau in S4. I'd bet he'll be raising a heckuva lot of angst amongst fans, and poor Jack and Angela (first and foremost). Why'd they have to throw in a human monkeywrench like that, eh?! :cry:

I agree with you all on the Buffy quote. I still remember the look on Giles face when Buffy said it. It's witty, snarky lines like that that make a show so entertaining, and hook me for the long haul.
word count: 459
Jennifer
Intempesta Nox >> The Dead of Night
"Uh oh. You have but-face."

Ellen
Super Fan

Post by Ellen »

welcome, Rose.
It seems we have a lot in common, I'm also 14, i play guitar, and i'm a writer (Mostly short stories cause i never have time to commit to a novel or whatever, but i might try a script soon.) :D
I know what you mean about the minority thing, but we all love Tj and Bones here. Definitely NOT the minority here. :D
Looking forward to getting to know you more.
x
word count: 75
"What if it doesn't end like that? What if it doesn't go wrong?"-Dr Jack Hodgins

sofilps
Super Fan

Post by sofilps »

OH well, let's see. It's been a while since I last posted something around here I think, sooo...... welcome Jen and Ellen! :) Have some great time around here and that's all for now because I'm in a hurries..
word count: 42
~ s o f i

IntempestaNox
Fan

Post by IntempestaNox »

Hiya Sofi! Image
word count: 2
Jennifer
Intempesta Nox >> The Dead of Night
"Uh oh. You have but-face."

Mpampinos20
Fan

Post by Mpampinos20 »

Hello I'm Harry from Greece,BONES have made a lot of fans here!TJ IS THE BEST!
word count: 18

skftex
TJ Team Validator

Post by skftex »

Hi! Wow Greece! That's so cool. Welcome to the siteb Harry! Hope you stick around and dive right in to all the discussions. :)

Sharon
word count: 25
Blessed are they who see beautiful things in humble places where other people see nothing.-Camille Pissarro

ThyneAlone
TJ Team Validator

Post by ThyneAlone »

That's great! I don't think we have had a member from Greece post before! Good to hear from you.
word count: 21

TJ4ever
King of the Lab

Post by TJ4ever »

Hello Harry! Welcome! Hope you have fun here!
Simone
word count: 9
Angela: Well, what about love? What do you have to say about love?
Hodgins: It´s overrated-most of the time :-)

Dexter: They make it look so easy-connecting with another human being. It's like no one told them it's the hardest thing in the world.

Sinkwriter72
King of the Lab

Post by Sinkwriter72 »

Welcome, Harry! :D

Delighted you found your way here. Stay and join us in the various discussion threads, won't you?

Enjoy the site.

Sherry
aka Sinkwriter72
word count: 26
I want to thank anyone who spends part of their day creating [& sharing their experience]. I don't care if it's a book, a film, a painting, a dance, a piece of theater, a piece of music… I think this world would be unlivable without art. ~ S. Soderbergh

Jessica
Fan

Post by Jessica »

Hey everyone! I'm..well..Jessica, as you can see :P. I'm from Canada and I joined a few days ago and have just kind of been lurking around but I figured I should introduce myself! I've been a Bones/TJ fan since the show started, but I only just started looking into him. And I don't really know what else to say, but you all seem really nice here, I hope I fit into all the friendships you guys have made :D
word count: 84

Sinkwriter72
King of the Lab

Post by Sinkwriter72 »

Welcome, Jessica! :D

So glad you came out of lurking status to say hello and join us! Hop into any of the discussion threads -- we love when the conversation is able to keep going 'round and 'round.

So, tell us a bit about yourself (if you like, of course), whatever you please.

You're from Canada? Cool. We've got several people who pop in from time to time from all over Canada. What's it like where you are now? Is it getting colder? I'm in Illinois (USA) and this weekend it's been in the 40's (degrees Fahrenheit), soon to be dropping even lower and possibly snowing soon. Oh noooo. I'm not ready!

What do you like best about the show Bones?

Anyway, if you have any questions whatsoever, just ask the Super Mods Rebecca or Steph. And now we've got the wonderful Sharon working on the technical side of this site, so plenty of people to go to if you need anything or have questions or concerns.

Hope you enjoy it here! If you visit the OffTopic Sofa thread, we'll make room for you on the couch. It's comfy. ;)

Have a lovely weekend,
Sherry
aka Sinkwriter72
word count: 204

skftex
TJ Team Validator

Post by skftex »

Hi Jessica

Welcome to the site! Glad you've decided to join us. :)

Sharon
word count: 14
Blessed are they who see beautiful things in humble places where other people see nothing.-Camille Pissarro

Jessica
Fan

Post by Jessica »

Thanks, Sherry! What a wonderful welcome!

Yeah, I'll try! Sometimes I tend to get a little shy, which sounds silly because it's a forum, but I can't help it. But I'm sure I'll start posting lots!

Hmm, well, I'm a little on the young side, 17 to be precise. I'm graduating high school this year which is so nice. I'm applying at NYU, I hope to get into Tisch's CAP 21 program! I don't know if I'll get in though, being from Canada and I don't have perfect grades. I want to act, you've probably gathered that from my dreams of Tisch, but I've wanted to do it my whole life and I'm glad to finally be graduating so I can start acting.

I'm from British Columbia, and it's so cold here. I mean, we get some days where it's not too bad, but it's getting really cold. I hope it starts to snow soon, because I think the cold is useless unless you can get something out of it :P And I love the snow! So I hope it snows soon. As long as it's not too much, I do a lot of walking and it takes a lot of effort to walk places when there's a foot of snow on the ground!

What do I like best about Bones? That's a really tough question. I think it's the relationships between the characters. And I don't mean "Oh, Booth and Brennan!" or "Oh, Angela and Hodgins!" (though I do like Angela and Hodgins together:P) Just the personal relationships between all the characters, and the human interactions and I just like watching people connect, which makes me sound like some sort of voyeur, doesn't it? But this show does that so wonderfully, the characters are layered and complicated, and the dialogue is touching and witty. I know people have been saying that the show has been straying away from all that, but I don't think it is. I think that all the characters are going through a hard time and it has to show that. The show reminds me a lot of Buffy (which is my other TV show obsession, and the reason I started watching Bones), just in the sense that it's not the demons or vampires, or murders and cases, that keep me coming back, it's the characters. And the acting of course, the acting is phenomenal. Especially TJ, before I even picked him out as my favourite, I thought he was an amazing actor. So subtle and honest. He really is incredible.

Anyway, sorry I rambled a bit, and most of that probably didn't make much sense. But I hope I sort of got my point across.

Thank you! I will be sure to ask if I have any questions! I've just spent the day reading over all the threads and I really think I'm going to love it here. I've made certain forums my sort of internet home in the past, haha, the most recent being Spring Awakening (which, coincidentally, Eric did workshops for! I'm sure you all know that, but I didn't! And I was so surprised! They even have an audio of him doing a song/scene from the show on YouTube!) and everyone there, well, most of them are extremely nice, but some are snarky and immature and just nit-pick at everything, and I'm just really glad none of you are like that. :mrgreen:

Thanks (again, haha, I've said that so many times), I'll be sure to come visit there! And thanks for being so welcoming!

Sorry this post was so long! I just started typing and couldn't stop :P

Edit: Sorry Sharon, I was typing this while you posted. Thanks for the welcome! :)
word count: 658

ThyneAlone
TJ Team Validator

Post by ThyneAlone »

Jessica wrote:I don't really know what else to say, but you all seem really nice here, I hope I fit into all the friendships you guys have made :D
Well, you are already someone who has a lot in common with us! Of course you will 'fit in'. We are not not not, I repeat not, a clique, and we are honestly excited when anyone joins our ranks, whether lurking or not...I noticed your name on the lists as soon as you signed up, and was delighted. And I really love that your dream is to be an actor. We have so many amazingly talented people here. Of all ages, btw. We have members younger and older than you, TJ seems to get a real spread of admirers.
I also was a Buffy adherent. I love character interactions and development, which is why I get irritated when people are written out of character. Buffy, of course, went through a sticky patch, around S6 when it all became so dark and twisted, but even though many fans complained it came through that. Well, Joss Whedon is a genius, so what can one expect? So I'm hoping that despite some disappointments (which you will have read about here), Bones will get back to the glow of S1 eventually.
We have a sofa on which, astonishingly, everyone fits, i.e. a nice comfortable imaginary room where we can all talk about ourselves or just read about everyone else. It's one of our few offtopic areas, so it's getting to be quite a long thread now; I won't ask you to read through more than the most recent pages, but it's a good way of getting to know people and picking up on their interests.
And in case you look at it and think argggh, let me introduce myself; I'm Steph, one of your friendly neighbourhood moderators. English, late forties, secondary school teacher in Liverpool, two sons. Love TJ and all my friends here. Come to me or my colleague Rebecca - or anyone, in fact! our jobs are easy because everyone is so great here - if you have any problems at all. In the meantime, enjoy and take part in whatever you want. Have fun!
Steph x
word count: 381

Jude40
Conspiracy Theorist

Post by Jude40 »

Hi Jessica

I'm quite new to the site as well and I'm really glad I found it. Obviously 'cos I'm a big fan of TJ but also 'cos everyone is so friendly. It's great that you decided to join in the chat, the more the merrier. I did post some stuff about be but just briefly. I'm obviously a fan of TJ but also of 'Bones' in general and everyone in it. I also enjoy socialising, travel and football (soccer), watching not playing. I'm 41 and live a few miles away from Steph in Liverpool, England, although I only met her on here!
It's great that you have ambitions in acting and if you're determined enough I'm sure you'll get to where you want to be.
Anyway just wanted to say welcome.

Jude x
word count: 144

ThyneAlone
TJ Team Validator

Post by ThyneAlone »

Hi Jude!
See Jessica, new people welcome other new people. And that is what we hope to encourage.
Jude, were you at the match yesterday? I was at a rehearsal for an evening choral society concert, so again I was watching for texts; sounded pretty satisfying though. At the moment son no.1 is watching the Everton game! Son no.2 had a game this morning (yes Dohee, he's back on form, how's your team...long time no hear) and although his team lost 2-1 he played a spectacular goalie's game, man of the match and congrats from the ref.

I should warn you, I've met a lot of my cyberfriends. Two local, one Shropshire, three down south, Rebecca my co-mod on holiday in GB. Not one has failed to live up to my online expectations and some have been even nicer. So maybe we will be able to meet up some time!
word count: 159