Written Works (Poetry/Blogs)

Discussion about anything and everything that isn't Bones.
skftex
TJ Team Validator

Re: Written Works (Poetry/Blogs)

Post by skftex »

:shock: Might have something soon, that is the MIGHT part, not the exciting part, it'll get people excited I'm sure of that! I just don't know WHEN yet. Still waiting for the very busy TJ to get back to me. :) So soon might not be that soon. ;) And yes, I do tease but gotta stir up that anticipation! ;)
word count: 60
Blessed are they who see beautiful things in humble places where other people see nothing.-Camille Pissarro

Sinkwriter72
King of the Lab

Post by Sinkwriter72 »

Thanks for coming out of lurking, silverwings! Welcome! :D

And no, I don't think it's too much to say you loved that particular piece. "Tie and a Dress" is very effective to me. Ever since I read it, the piece has stuck with me. I think that's the sign of a successfully and creatively well-written story/poem/written work.

It's truly fantastic.

Sherry
aka Sinkwriter72
word count: 69
I want to thank anyone who spends part of their day creating [& sharing their experience]. I don't care if it's a book, a film, a painting, a dance, a piece of theater, a piece of music… I think this world would be unlivable without art. ~ S. Soderbergh

SmackyKennedy
Bug Guy

Post by SmackyKennedy »

You're definitely not alone in the LOVE of this, silverwings. I don't think I've commented on this work yet because I couldn't think of a worthy enough response to it, it's just too good.

I can relate to this one too, especially this part:

But to her,
To her,
To her,
It didn’t.
And tie really wanted to weep,
Cause he knew,
He knew,
He knew,
That even through all the many months of love,
And the many months of hate,
That those two feelings were made of the same flesh,
And that now, he loved, and hated so much.
But that she,
She,
She,
Felt the true opposite of love for him,
Indifference.

Worst feeling ever :(
word count: 123
"I live, I breathe, I let it rain on me. I sleep, I wake, I try hard not to break. I crave, I love, I've waited long enough." ~Not Pretty Enough/Kasey Chambers

silverwings
Fan

Post by silverwings »

:D Thanks for the warm welcome, guys! I have introduced myself- in a rambling, awkward way- through the welcome thread.

And...I don't know, but TJ's writing is just really...himself. He shines through. I don't know if that even makes sense, but...*shrugs*

I think Sharon said it well, "uniquely TJ".
word count: 54
"Look no further than their art and you will have gathered their very souls." - TJ Thyne

SirRose
Fan

Post by SirRose »

He writes, too? Geez, have they made any more TJ's that I could possibly get on E-bay? Totally worth a month's salary at Wendy's! (only because that's all i have to offer). :mrgreen:

Hmmm...the poems should be in the skeletons section if I've been following the thread correctly, right? Have any suggestions as to which one I should start with?
word count: 66

SmackyKennedy
Bug Guy

Post by SmackyKennedy »

Sir Rose--Head towards the bottom of the Skeletons page. I highly recommend "Tie and a Dress" and "Grace Kelly, My Kind of Nurse".

Yes, they need to make some more TJ's or even Hodgins--that "I'm Your Guy" moment with Angela really sent me over the edge. :romance-inlove:
word count: 50
"I live, I breathe, I let it rain on me. I sleep, I wake, I try hard not to break. I crave, I love, I've waited long enough." ~Not Pretty Enough/Kasey Chambers

SirRose
Fan

Post by SirRose »

*nods along*

Okay, so I just checked out "Tie and a Dress".

I loved the sparse verse, and the stream of conciousness feel of the peice. It was absolutely poetry, but felt and read more easily, like poetry written for actual people, rather than literature students. THANK YOU, TJ!

As for your second point, the world needs some more TJ's and Hodgins'. God knows we could do with a few less politicians!
word count: 73

silverwings
Fan

Post by silverwings »

But we match
Without planning it
Thought tie,
shouldn’t that mean something? Anything?

I like this bit. I don't know why.

YES! More TJ's and Hodgins'! :dance:
word count: 29
"Look no further than their art and you will have gathered their very souls." - TJ Thyne

jade.stormcloud
TJ Junkie

Post by jade.stormcloud »

If they ever do start mass-producing Hodginses or TJs, I'm first in line to pick one up. :wink:
word count: 19
“When once you have tasted flight you will always walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward: for there you have been and there you will always be.” - Henry Van Dyke

SirRose
Fan

Post by SirRose »

jade.stormcloud wrote:If they ever do start mass-producing Hodginses or TJs, I'm first in line to pick one up. :wink:
Hmmm...now that Angela and Hodgins are married, he may have a very good reason to take her up on wanting a million! :lol:
word count: 45

jade.stormcloud
TJ Junkie

Post by jade.stormcloud »

Hrm... well, I'm looking for a more 30-something Hodgins personally :P, but I suppose a bunch of baby-Hodginses would be a blessing for the next generation.
word count: 28
“When once you have tasted flight you will always walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward: for there you have been and there you will always be.” - Henry Van Dyke

Dr.Valentine
Super Fan

Post by Dr.Valentine »

hehe, i'll take a hodgins the fifth ;)
word count: 8
"Work hard, and love the work and the 'work' becomes nothing other than the love." - TJ Thyne

SirRose
Fan

Post by SirRose »

jade.stormcloud wrote:Hrm... well, I'm looking for a more 30-something Hodgins personally :P, but I suppose a bunch of baby-Hodginses would be a blessing for the next generation.
The next generation says Thank you!:lol:
word count: 38