Written Works (Poetry/Blogs)

Discussion about anything and everything that isn't Bones.
jade.stormcloud
TJ Junkie

Written Works (Poetry/Blogs)

Post by jade.stormcloud »

OK, I wasn't really sure where to post this, but I really felt the need to respond to TJ's written works in the "skeletons" section. I am now even more madly in love with TJ's prose than with his performance skills. "A Tie and a Dress" brought tears to my eyes, and I am just in awe of his ability to communicate the mental and emotional states expressed in the pieces in such a fluid & free-form manner while maintaining the clarity of the subject matter. I may be overcompensating a little here with the big words, but just saying "Wow!" seemed a little less than was called for. :)

TJ, if you happen to read this, thank you for sharing your expressions with us, and for allowing us these brief glimpses into your private thoughts.
word count: 138
“When once you have tasted flight you will always walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward: for there you have been and there you will always be.” - Henry Van Dyke

ThyneAlone
TJ Team Validator

Re: Written Works (Poetry/Blogs)

Post by ThyneAlone »

Yes, Jade, this is exactly the right place for these comments, and I have to say I agree with them. TJ has a sensitivity in his writing which pinpoints feelings almost painfully. If any of the rest of you have not read the 'Skeletons' on the main site, they're worth a browse.
word count: 53
"We make our lives out of chaos and hope. And love." - Angela Montenegro

skftex
TJ Team Validator

Post by skftex »

I absolutely LOVE it when TJ writes. His writing just has a certain feeling to it that is so very distinctly TJ I think. That is one of the reasons why I wanted that section so much, because not everyone wants to search out the things he writes on myspace or facebook and they definitely should be seen by fans who take the time to come to this site.
word count: 69
Blessed are they who see beautiful things in humble places where other people see nothing.-Camille Pissarro

Ellen
Super Fan

Post by Ellen »

I'm glad this was mentioned. I love his writings, and I really enjoy reading them on this site. As a writer myself, I always thoroughly enjoy reading the smaller scale work of those who are not famous or well known as writers, but that still have the talent. It gives me a fresh scope, and it's very refreshing. :D
Thanks TJ. :D
word count: 62
"What if it doesn't end like that? What if it doesn't go wrong?"-Dr Jack Hodgins

Rain
Fan

Post by Rain »

I'm so happy I found a place to talk about TJ's writing because I have a lot to say!
I was working last Saturday (I'm a Library Technician at a College and its quiet on Saturdays) which is how I found the site in the first place. After looking around for a while I stumbled upon TJ's writings. The first one I read was actually him "setting the scene" and answering some of the questions from you guys. After I was done I knew I had found something unique. I can't stop thinking about this one in particular.
His words. They make you feel exactly what he is writing. With just a string of words he paints a picture. Not only a picture or a scene in your head but the feelings, the smells, the textures to go along with it. Now your not just picturing it...your in it.
I moved on and read a couple of more pieces. The two others that got me instantly were "A Tie and a Dress" and "Kaui/St Martin, Saint Marteen". For all the reasons mentioned above these pieces killed me (in a good way). I ached along with "the tie" I felt as if I was standing in the same room hoping and praying for a few more moments with "the dress". I could picture the place in St Martin so much so that if I closed my eyes...I was there.
I love to write and I always wish I could write as well as others that I've come across. I have my moments but what I appreciate about that creative side is that it allows me to understand when you've read something and you know it is pure genius. This is just how I felt when I first discovered TJ's pieces.
I was so excited that day I tried to explain it to my co-worker, who was excited for me but just didn't quite get it. That's why I love this community. You guys get it. No matter what we say (while others may not understand and may think were a bit nuts for being so involved) everyone here is understanding and supportive.
There are a certain amount of us that see beyond TJ's work, acting and writing and see his talent, creativity and soul. Which in turn helps us appreciate his work so much more. It give it more meaning to us.
I just don't even know what to say, I can't seem to explain myself properly, I can't seem to explain how and why his pieces make me feel so much. I guess that's okay the most important thing is just that it does.
But I know you guys understand.
word count: 469

ThyneAlone
TJ Team Validator

Post by ThyneAlone »

Well, what you say comes from the soul as well, Shannon - so glad you are getting the opportunity to express it properly, because YES we understand. Oh yes.
word count: 28

brooke34
Fan

Post by brooke34 »

The piece of TJ's writing that I really like in particular is "Grace Kelly, My Kinda Nurse." It really captures that "....'m siiiiiicccckkk..." feeling where you want to whine but there's no one around to whine to. Also I could relate to the conversation with his mother, that sort of no-nonsense, "strep throat, told you, now pipe down and take your medicine" response. That's exactly how my mother would react.

Also, the TCM remedy. TCM will cure what ails you every time.
word count: 86

Sinkwriter72
King of the Lab

Post by Sinkwriter72 »

That's one thing I miss over on myspace, that TJ hasn't had time to express himself via writing lately, not like those wonderful pieces you've all mentioned. He definitely captures the mood of the moment, whatever it is, be it a sunny beach trip, or a yearning for someone, or feeling like crap (heh) and wanting some Mom love.

Everyone eventually finds a style of writing that works for them, and I think TJ's is distinctly poetic. I admire that (as I admire you for your skill with it as well, Steph), because I've never been good at writing poetry. I think it takes a certain type of brain, a certain type of thought process or approach that I just don't have. I'd love to have it, but I don't.

Whatever it is, TJ has it in abundance. He's so colorful and illuminating, expressing himself in a way that is -- as Sharon says -- uniquely TJ.

And yes, Rain, we definitely get what you're thinking and feeling about it. I'm glad you found us here! Gotta love the library. :mrgreen:
word count: 189
I want to thank anyone who spends part of their day creating [& sharing their experience]. I don't care if it's a book, a film, a painting, a dance, a piece of theater, a piece of music… I think this world would be unlivable without art. ~ S. Soderbergh

lackymaria
Fan

Post by lackymaria »

I like TJ poetry and his work. I understand his feelings at a level that has no description, only the value of their existence. This is excellent!
(Мне нравиться TJ поэзия и его творчество. Я его понимать на уровне чувств, что не имеет описание словами, только значение своим существованием. Это превосходно!)

jade.stormcloud
TJ Junkie

I completely agree. He writes in a way that seems to speak directly to the subconscious. It's just brilliant.
word count: 20
“When once you have tasted flight you will always walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward: for there you have been and there you will always be.” - Henry Van Dyke

AAA111
Fan

Post by AAA111 »

I love "A Tie and a Dress." I can relate to it.

I like the way he seems a little vague about what he writes, although I know this is no-no when it comes to writing, he can make it work. I used to be a creative writing major before shifting out to a different course, and it amazes how he can be vague and not distract the reader at the same time. :clap:
word count: 74

hanneDK
Conspiracy Theorist

Post by hanneDK »

It's now a couple of days since I last read "A tie and a dress".. which made me feel the pain on what the tie was going through..
How many times haven't you felt like "why am I going through the pain of unrequited feelings for someone else" - he has no idea that I exsist - why is he with her.. what is he seing in her.. Hate that feeling, really hate it.. :cry:

Also loved the way he described being sick.. you can really feel how he felt.. you can totally relate on it.. no one to talk to and make them know how bad you feel.. make them have pity for you so they will do almost anything for us, so that we can feel better again.

He's talent for us to feel either the pain,joy, sadness or happiness in his writing is exstrodinary.
The way he writes, you are drawn to it right away and can't let go..

I have also tried to explain to friends/family/colleagues about him.. but they just look at me like I am crazy.. This is the only place where you know you are not alone.. and here you are not crazy.. :-) You know you are being understood. Love you guys..
word count: 213

ThyneAlone
TJ Team Validator

Post by ThyneAlone »

We all understand that here. It's sad when your nearest and dearest really don't understand. I'm lucky - my husband shares my enjoyment of Bones and is into Angela big time. He is also impressed by both TJ's acting ability and his personality and comprehends totally why I enjoy being on this site. And my sons tease me but I know they don't think I am crazy. <<hug>> Hanne. We love you too!
word count: 77

Sinkwriter72
King of the Lab

Post by Sinkwriter72 »

*joins in the hugging* We totally get it, Hanne. :D
word count: 9
I want to thank anyone who spends part of their day creating [& sharing their experience]. I don't care if it's a book, a film, a painting, a dance, a piece of theater, a piece of music… I think this world would be unlivable without art. ~ S. Soderbergh

kayleigh_marie
Conspiracy Theorist

Post by kayleigh_marie »

I ... loved "A Tie and a Dress" ... It was beautiful.
I wasn't aware that TJ wrote.
If you read this, TJ, it was very moving. It made me tear up a bit.
Very powerful.
I'm glad to see that upon your acting skills and apparent looks, you're a skilled writer.
:clap: :clap: :clap:
Bravo, sir.
word count: 55
Aha! Unidentified particulates. The two sweetest words I know.

silverwings
Fan

Post by silverwings »

I've been lurking around the forum for a while, (finally decided to join) and I know this thread is kind of old, but I've been looking through TJ's skeletons link and I have to say...

I loved loved loved "A Tie and a Dress" as well.

Loved it. LOVED IT. Is there something more than loved? That's how much I loved it.

...sorry, is this "loved it" overkill? :oops:
word count: 72
"Look no further than their art and you will have gathered their very souls." - TJ Thyne

skftex
TJ Team Validator

Post by skftex »

Hi silverwings! I'm glad you decided to come out of lurkdom. WELCOME! You don't have to apologize for bringing up old threads, there are new people all the time that may not have seen it. Plus those of us that have been here awhile might have something else to say, or may have missed it the first time as well. :) So feel free to comment on ANYTHING you find here, we'll be happy to read it. :)

Sharon
word count: 80
Blessed are they who see beautiful things in humble places where other people see nothing.-Camille Pissarro

jade.stormcloud
TJ Junkie

Speaking of the skeletons... we haven't gotten a new one in a while. Are we all out of the stockpiled ones for the time being?
word count: 26

skftex
TJ Team Validator

Post by skftex »

Yes, been out for a while, sorry. Stick around though, might have something coming up soon that will excite you all. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: MIGHT being a huge word there. LOL

ThyneAlone
TJ Team Validator

Post by ThyneAlone »

Oh right so it might not excite us? <<shakes head>> Sharon, you are simply a tease, y'know?

Silverwings, multitudinous warm welcomes. Please do post everywhere, the more the merrier. And, as Sharon says - it's good to have the occasional thread unearthed to review. Heaven knows we have hundreds of good ones, and I can't believe how loyally newbies read them all! Many thanks for that - and keep it up, hope to see you in Welcome too. :)
word count: 79