Validation

Discussion about anything and everything that isn't Bones.
ThyneAlone
TJ Team Validator

Re: Validation

Post by ThyneAlone »

All right, all right, me too; I play it more at Christmas, but I am a worshipper at the Stewart/Capra shrine too and I will happily watch It's A Wonderful Life at any time, any season. I'll even nod appreciatively at any pastiche, right down to Red Dwarf, the Simpsons and Rugrats! I can't believe I forgot to mention that it was actually on the marquee!!
word count: 70
"We make our lives out of chaos and hope. And love." - Angela Montenegro

Jessica
Fan

Post by Jessica »

I just watched this yesterday, and I thought it was so wonderful. I don't think I have much else to add to what everyone else has said, and so poignantly, if I might add. I had the hugest smile on my face and had to succumb to tears of joy when it was over, it really affected me. I think, as has been previously stated, everyone should be like that sometimes. "Validate" people, so to speak, with compliments because it really does make people happy.

I'm not going to go into it much more because now I'm just saying what has already been said, but I really, really enjoyed this film and it had quite the impact on me.

Wonderful job, to everyone involved!
word count: 127

TJ4ever
King of the Lab

Post by TJ4ever »

Haven't watched it, yet! :oops: Will do, soon!
Simone.
word count: 9
Angela: Well, what about love? What do you have to say about love?
Hodgins: It´s overrated-most of the time :-)

Dexter: They make it look so easy-connecting with another human being. It's like no one told them it's the hardest thing in the world.

skftex
TJ Team Validator

Post by skftex »

Simone, I hope you have watched Validation by now? You really do need to see it.

I have to tell you all, it is really really popular on the internet right now. I get google alerts that I set up on Tj's name and every day it is links to people's blogs where they are embeding the YouTube video on their blogs. And today I had an e-mail from TJ, he is really excited because Validation has had over 175,000 hits on YouTube, and 200,000 will make it move to the featured video category. He asked me to change the homepage link so it'll go to YouTube, so that is why if anyone clicks it now it won't take you to the clips it'll send you to YouTube. :mrgreen:

Sharon
word count: 137
Blessed are they who see beautiful things in humble places where other people see nothing.-Camille Pissarro

TJ4ever
King of the Lab

Post by TJ4ever »

Watched it just now! Thanks, Sharon, for reminding me! It was great!
...I so needed a smile! :)
Simone.
word count: 18

Dexter: They make it look so easy-connecting with another human being. It's like no one told them it's the hardest thing in the world.

skftex
TJ Team Validator

Post by skftex »

Yay Simone! Glad you watched it, I just watched it again. :mrgreen:
word count: 11
Blessed are they who see beautiful things in humble places where other people see nothing.-Camille Pissarro

TJ4ever
King of the Lab

Post by TJ4ever »

Yeah, it's definitely a feel-good-movie! Needed that!
word count: 10

skftex
TJ Team Validator

Post by skftex »

TJ4ever wrote:Yeah, it's definitely a feel-good-movie! Needed that!
It is definitely a feel good movie. I guess thats why you hadn't watched it before, you needed it today! :)

So, how many of you have watched Rent-A-Person? Because after watching Validation you do need to watch it as well. Usually the link is over on the side on the YouTube page for Validation.

Sharon

Sinkwriter72
King of the Lab

Post by Sinkwriter72 »

Validation needs 200,000 hits in order to move into the featured video category? Hmmmmmm.... that sounds like a project for us, don't you think?

Perhaps those of us over on MySpace, or Facebook, or LiveJournal, could post the YouTube link in a message in our sites, and see how many more hits we can generate. It's a good short film and its message is a warm and worthy one to share, especially during this time of year! :occasion-santa:

How about it, people? Is this something we can each do, in our own ways? What do you think? Come on! :happy-cheerleadersmileygirl:
word count: 103
I want to thank anyone who spends part of their day creating [& sharing their experience]. I don't care if it's a book, a film, a painting, a dance, a piece of theater, a piece of music… I think this world would be unlivable without art. ~ S. Soderbergh

skftex
TJ Team Validator

Post by skftex »

Sinkwriter72 wrote:Validation needs 200,000 hits in order to move into the featured video category? Hmmmmmm.... that sounds like a project for us, don't you think?

Perhaps those of us over on MySpace, or Facebook, or LiveJournal, could post the YouTube link in a message in our sites, and see how many more hits we can generate. It's a good short film and its message is a warm and worthy one to share, especially during this time of year! :occasion-santa:

How about it, people? Is this something we can each do, in our own ways? What do you think? Come on! :happy-cheerleadersmileygirl:
Sounds like a good idea to me Sherry! I had already put the link on my facebook page a few weeks ago. I think it goes away after a while though so I might need to find it again. Putting it on your LiveJournal is a really good idea too. GO SHERRY. :dance:

By the way, the hit count this afternoon when TJ e-mailed me was just over 175,000 and now it is 181,122. :clap: :clap:
word count: 181

CROactive
Fan

Post by CROactive »

Hi guys,
liked Validation. Such a familiar situation. Usually I'm the one smiling at everybody, but it really gets you if you do not receive a smile back. And, I have also noticed that people, whom I meet often, got used to me smiling and they are happy to see me again. So, it's true that smiling is contagious. It gets you through a hard day.

So, keep on smiling :D
word count: 72
"I don't care to belong to a club that accepts people like me as members" Groucho Marx

Sinkwriter72
King of the Lab

Post by Sinkwriter72 »

skftex wrote:Sounds like a good idea to me Sherry! I had already put the link on my facebook page a few weeks ago. I think it goes away after a while though so I might need to find it again. Putting it on your LiveJournal is a really good idea too.
Looks like the Youtube link has now reached over 200,000 hits, Sharon! Does that mean the video will now be presented in that 'featured video' category so more people will find it? That would be terrific! :clap:

I've gone ahead and posted a message about it (including the Youtube link) to my personal LiveJournal, and will probably post the same message over on my MySpace page. As well, "jordle" over at "daysofourbones" on LiveJournal has just asked me to post the link to that community so that the Bones fans who discuss the show there will have the opportunity to view the short film (if they haven't already seen it, as posted by several lovely people to various Bones-related sites over on LJ).

Let the word spread! :happy-cheerleadersmileygirl:
word count: 182

skftex
TJ Team Validator

Post by skftex »

Hi Sherry...

I don't know about the featured videos on YouTube. TJ was the one that said that it needed to get to 200,000 to be a featured video but it doesn't seem to have been moved into the featured category, at least I couldn't find it. Still, the hit count is going up really quickly and anything you do is just going to help I'm sure. :D

Sharon
word count: 73

Sinkwriter72
King of the Lab

Post by Sinkwriter72 »

Here's hoping, Sharon! :mrgreen:
word count: 4

ThyneAlone
TJ Team Validator

Post by ThyneAlone »

I've just rewatched it - Christmas spirit! 240,500+ as far as I remember, so why is it not featured yet??
word count: 21
"We make our lives out of chaos and hope. And love." - Angela Montenegro

Miss Rhi
Fan

Post by Miss Rhi »

I loved it.

My nickname is Bubbles so I am always smiling and laughing in such a grumpy, cranky world that we live in.

Awesome work and loved the detail of the camera work and the use of 'black and white'. I mean, I found it to mean MORE being in black and white.

Two thumbs up, a koala and a g'day mate from me.

P.S: (Yeah, I think that's like the first time ever I have said g'day mate).

P.P.S: (Yeah and I don't own a koala either...)

But I loved it! :)
word count: 100

Sinkwriter72
King of the Lab

Post by Sinkwriter72 »

Your nickname alone is fantastic and funny and wonderfully positive, Miss Rhi! Thanks for coming on here to talk with us about Validation.

And I love the point you made about the black & white of the film. Because it's not in color, because it's not what we usually see, it really does force the viewer to pay attention to what's happening on screen, connect with the message, don't you think? Smart idea on director Kurt Kuenne's part! I really like that. :D
word count: 86
I want to thank anyone who spends part of their day creating [& sharing their experience]. I don't care if it's a book, a film, a painting, a dance, a piece of theater, a piece of music… I think this world would be unlivable without art. ~ S. Soderbergh

skftex
TJ Team Validator

Post by skftex »

I love Validation. I think I've watched it over 20 times. Each time I see new things. I agree about the black and white, it does make a difference in the way we see the story. So have any of you watched Rent a Person? There is a reason I'm asking, but I don't want to spoil things for anyone that hasn't seen it yet.

Sharon

Miss Rhi
Fan

Post by Miss Rhi »

Sinkwriter72 wrote:Your nickname alone is fantastic and funny and wonderfully positive, Miss Rhi! Thanks for coming on here to talk with us about Validation.

And I love the point you made about the black & white of the film. Because it's not in color, because it's not what we usually see, it really does force the viewer to pay attention to what's happening on screen, connect with the message, don't you think? Smart idea on director Kurt Kuenne's part! I really like that. :D
I loved how the black and white was really sharp. It conveyed the message so well.

And the double edged meaning of validation, I thought that was really witty and beautiful.
word count: 119

thebugguy08
Fan

Post by thebugguy08 »

I really loved Validation. I watch it almost everyday and I'm spreading the word around school. I think it sends a great message about the power of a smile and a positive outlook on life. If people all took the time to see the positive aspects of themselves and the people around them, I'm convinced that a lot more people would be able to find true happiness.

TJ, as always, was wonderful in it as well. He's such a talented guy!
word count: 84