Spoiler Talk

KimberHodgela
Super Fan

Post by KimberHodgela »

Hey girls!! New sides are up for 3x08 over here: http://community.livejournal.com/bones_ ... 31720.html. It's a big bonus spoiler post, as there are a few questions answered, as well as some awesome fan photos of the Halloween episode! (And we get to see what Hodgins will be dressed up as finally). Cute pics, so go check 'em out! :)
word count: 62
Dude, what you call being a conspiracy theorist I call being well informed - Dr. Jack Hodgins

late_heart
Fan

Post by late_heart »

sapphiresilt wrote:Hey, guys! Check out this link:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fLqYkaR0Xso

You'll find five brief clips from 3.01, two of which include Jack and Angela.

~Ei
Thanks for these! And after seeing them, I have a comment/observation that might not seem appropriate for a spoilery Jack/Angela discussion -- but going to throw it out here and see what you think. If i'm way way off topic, please just boot this and ignore me. :?

As much as I'm delighted that the new season's coming -- particularly because we get to see more of TJ's gorgeous face -- I'm already a little dissapointed. The clip of Angela telling Brennan that the iconic image of being left at the altar with Booth is spinning her head is just ... nonsense. Adult, experienced women are supposed to buy that from someone as sophisticated as Angela? Really?

Do the writers have Jack on the other side of the discussion telling Booth the same thing? "Run like hell, dude, because Brennan's got that 'left at the altar' look?" *shudders*

One thing I would love to see in the season to come is more Booth and Jack banter, but the sides aren't revealing much. TJ and DB have such great on-screen chemistry. And as much as I like Angela & Jack ... am I the only one here who thinks Jack & Cam would be intriguing? Nothing better than to pair an authority figure with an anti-authoritarian to kick up the sparks. And since Booth and Brennan are permanently assigned to each other (and this isn't Torchwood -- lol) it looks like Jack & Cam are the best bet for that.

Okay, now I'm just rambling...
word count: 289
...he remains Hodgins of the unstoppable libido, with the constantly coiling Kundalini, the freaky twist of mystic master meets geekzilla. He’s still a poet, a shaman of the weird, and he’s in there, somewhere...

ThyneAlone
TJ Team Validator

Post by ThyneAlone »

I suppose you are imagining raised eyebrows from us intense J/A 'shippers? but we're all pretty open-minded (a Torchwood viewer! Awesome! Quality writing there. D'you like Doctor Who too?). You're right that Jack and Cam would make for some great mutual sparking and disagreements, but I don't honestly think they have the right chemistry for a relationship. He's gone for someone who is fairly unheeding of social mores and 'rules', probably because he needs to be surprised and experience unpredictability now and then. Cam is, as you say, all about structure, and I don't think she would offer enough. Good fanfic fare, though.

On the other hand I entirely agree with you concerning that bizarre conversation between Angela and Brennan. It's just such an unnatural subject. If she wants to, why wouldn't she just say: 'come on, you like him and you're in denial' instead of all the wedding nonsense? And anyway, I was much happier with Booth and Brennan sharing a fairly subtle level of mutual attraction and affection. Now suddenly everyone is nudging everyone else and informing two perfectly capable adults what they ought to do about their relationship...and all this near-kiss stuff, playing to the gallery, is just crass.

I'd like more Jack/Booth too. In fact I'd like some more of the old banter that told us more about all the squints before the focus on BB became so overwhelming. Still, at least we know there is family stuff on nearly all of them: Brennan, Booth, Cam, Angela seeking the husband. More on Jack please! I don't care how distant or obnoxious his relatives are. He's a blank slate to us apart from Clarissa and it is time we knew more!! Are you listening, Hart Hanson???
word count: 307

late_heart
Fan

Post by late_heart »

I'm just seeing the first few episodes of Torchwood and like them a lot. Good stuff! (A zillion years ago I did watch some Dr. Who, but it's not my cup of tea these days. )

And I'm delighted to be amongst the open minded -- something tells me there's plenty of that on TJ's boards just because of the type of guy he seems to be -- very cool, open, and laid back!

Good point about Jack/Cam -- in thinking about it, a relationship between those two would probably echo B/B far too much. They'd be better chums -- and TT has hinted at a friendship developing in interviews, so it might be something that's on the producers' radar. I guess I just find Jack's fury ... very appealing *cough* ... so I'd like to see more.

All of the characters have such great potential. Hodgins' life seems complicated, rich, and conflicted -- which is why it's a mistake IMO to rub off all those prickly points just to make him a more palatable romantic interest. (He's plenty palatable from where I sit, anger, authority issues and all!) And his lack of family is just as compelling as meeting members of other characters' families -- we need to know how he came to be last in the line!

Oh, and has anyone noticed that there's a Bancroft as head of the Jeffersonian? Do we think that's a careless name re-use, or will there be a link to Jack and Clarissa/Terry? I read the sides and didn't see much....
word count: 268
...he remains Hodgins of the unstoppable libido, with the constantly coiling Kundalini, the freaky twist of mystic master meets geekzilla. He’s still a poet, a shaman of the weird, and he’s in there, somewhere...

ThyneAlone
TJ Team Validator

Post by ThyneAlone »

late_heart wrote:Good point about Jack/Cam -- in thinking about it, a relationship between those two would probably echo B/B far too much. They'd be better chums -- and TT has hinted at a friendship developing in interviews, so it might be something that's on the producers' radar. I guess I just find Jack's fury ... very appealing *cough* ... so I'd like to see more.
I echo this completely, they seem to be hitting it off ever since Cam turned out to have a wicked sense of humour under all that initial uptightness. Loved that scene...ooh, what ep was it?...when they discuss what type of reading she does, and Jack sums it up: "Sex books then." Great timing from both, nice little comedy moment.
Yeah. Jack's fury is sexy plus. I don't think they have planed him down completely, I think the edges are still there and will start to emerge again soon. For a start he still has the intensity that gave him such formidable and righteous angry moments, and it seems that one of his conspiracy theories does turn out to be true early on in the season. Then, if you'll forgive an entirely inappropriate cliché, the Angela honeymoon is probably over and as they look for Superhusband the less attractive aspects of their personalities may emerge! There always is that period where you have to get used to each other after the sex and laughing time.
late_heart wrote: His lack of family is just as compelling as meeting members of other characters' families -- we need to know how he came to be last in the line!
Absolutely. Looking forward hugely to those revelations.
late_heart wrote:Oh, and has anyone noticed that there's a Bancroft as head of the Jeffersonian? Do we think that's a careless name re-use, or will there be a link to Jack and Clarissa/Terry? I read the sides and didn't see much....
I did notice. I hope there is a link, that would be really interesting. Especially if this Bancroft guy and Hodgins didn't get on because of some baggage about Clarissa....
word count: 365

ThyneAlone
TJ Team Validator

Post by ThyneAlone »

Just thought I'd mention sides being up at livejournal for Bones 3.09 -Baby on the bough. No obvious J/A, though I'd have thought Angela would have been up for a little cuddle of the 6-month-old B&B are going to be carrying round all ep. A baby! Do I scent a little emotional manipulation here? :roll:
word count: 61

begolden
Conspiracy Theorist

Post by begolden »

So many pages of sides, and no Jack and Angela scenes! I know that doesn't mean there won't be any in the episode, but it's so disappointing not to get some spoilers for them. Sounds as if the baby is going to play out more for the Brennan/Booth relationship. However, since Jack and Angela are basically engaged, it wouldn't be out of place for them to have a conversation about children, now would it?
word count: 79
Fan of the Orgasmic Grilled Cheese Sandwich

melmdr
Fan

Re: Spoiler Talk

Post by melmdr »

yeah i agree ! it would be cool if they've a conversation about childrens we could see the Angela reaction because i think she'll be more....more anxious ! i don't think Hodgins would be anxious about childs,... but i'm not sure !

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fLqYkaR0Xso

this video doesn't work anymore !
word count: 57

ThyneAlone
TJ Team Validator

Post by ThyneAlone »

It would be more enlightening if we knew exactly what their own childhoods were like, then we might be able to predict their reactions better. I'd like to see Hodgins with a child in the same way as we see Booth with Parker; it shows a completely different side of Booth which DB plays very well. I think TJ could similarly show yet another facet of Jack's nature in that way.

I think you are right that Angela might be a bit more hesitant about kids than Jack. She might find it more ...what shall I say?...confining for her free spirit. What do others think?
word count: 108
"We make our lives out of chaos and hope. And love." - Angela Montenegro

begolden
Conspiracy Theorist

Post by begolden »

Didn't Angela make a comment to Jack earlier in the season about the two of them being a family? I think it was the Christmas episode. Something that she said implied that she was looking ahead to a time when she and Jack would not only be a family, but start a family. That's how I interpreted it, anyway. Call me a romantic fool! I think since Angela is feeling ready to settle down enough to get married, the desire for children would not be too far off. After all, she is the prime age to start a family, and she obviously has a soft spot for children and doesn't seem to regard them as alien beings, or anything. And of course an Angela pregnancy would be a great way to continue the diversion from the will-they-or-won't-they aspect of Booth and Brennan's relationship.

So Steph, do you like my newer, more on-topic and hopefully less distracting substitute for an avatar? :wink:
word count: 170

ThyneAlone
TJ Team Validator

Post by ThyneAlone »

Rebecca, that is absolutely lovely, but so was the other one! OK - for the mystified - we have been asking management to enable avatars and I have requested for them to be kept reasonably small and not too intrusive or distracting. Rebecca was then worried that her signature was too big. I had no problem at all with it. It was separate from the main body of the message, a good size for a signature (though, true, I might have thought it a bit large for an avatar) clean-lined and devoid of confusing detail. It was fine.

This one's even better, though. You really are rather an attractive lady, you know?

To return to topic - it is all very wonderful when we first talk about kids, but we do tend to be vague about our feelings in the rosy glow of the future. When we agreed that we wanted a family, my husband (incredibly happy only child, close to parents) and I (eldest in unruly group of 4, with barely 4 years between me and the youngest) had no idea we meant different things. To my other half, one child was a family; for me, I had always wanted more. It took me at least 2 years to persuade him we wanted a second and that the first boy would benefit from it. I still have the odd broody moment even now. But love has to do with compromise. This is a fact that Jack and Angela have not yet had to face up to and I'll be intrigued to see how it pans out even if the compromises they make are not to do with kids.
word count: 279

Sinkwriter72
King of the Lab

Post by Sinkwriter72 »

Wasn't sure if I should post this article in the Bones section (outside of this Spoiler arena), because it mentions what we might see in the upcoming Season 3 episodes. As it is, I usually avoid this particular thread because I want to avoid spoilers, but I thought this was general enough for even me to read. :D At any rate, here's what I read:

According to 206_bones on LiveJournal, Entertainment Weekly has previews of what can be expected from favorite shows returning from the strike break. Includes a page RE: Bones.

The EW article about Bones is found here.

Looks like no Gravedigger resolution this season. Hey, it's a disappointment, for sure, because Aliens in a Spaceship was one hell of a powerhouse episode (for TJ, as well as the rest of the cast), but if such a delay means the writers will be able to take their time and create a follow-up Season 4 episode that will be able stand up to the original... I am more than happy to be patient.

In my view, approaching it that way is much better than the writers being forced to cram it into Season 3 at the last minute, ending up with an inferior episode in which the emotional return to those events (and how it affects each character) isn't appropriately and impressively explored. If TJ doesn't get the opportunity to show his full range of talent and explore in an exciting and moving way what returning to this particular case would mean to Hodgins, that would be criminal.
word count: 265

ThyneAlone
TJ Team Validator

Post by ThyneAlone »

Bones 3.13 The Verdict In The Story
OK is no-one looking for sides any more? These

http://community.livejournal.com/bones_spoilers/
have been up since the start of the week!
Soooo...Max's trial and Angela arrested for contempt of court when she refuses to testify? Sounds fun! Poor old Hodgins, does having a free spirit for a mate really extend to prison visiting??? And can he bail her?
word count: 72

TJ4ever
King of the Lab

Post by TJ4ever »

Glad to hear/read some new spoilers! Till we (in Germany) are gonna see it will take a while!
word count: 19
Angela: Well, what about love? What do you have to say about love?
Hodgins: It´s overrated-most of the time :-)

Dexter: They make it look so easy-connecting with another human being. It's like no one told them it's the hardest thing in the world.

ThyneAlone
TJ Team Validator

Bones 3.14 The Pain In The Heart

Post by ThyneAlone »

Sides arriving thick and fast. At some stage in this one it looks like Booth fake-dies. And we're on to Gormagon again (apparently his apprentice is working at the Jeffersonian - I hope this storyline is resolved asap, it's confusing, unlikely and tedious), so we are treated to more of that silly little boy Sweets and his fascination with the killer. Pleased to see Hodgins doesn't find Sweets exactly endearing either, if one of those scenes is to be believed.
I see that Kimber is well up to date on it all and has posted comments there. Thanks Kimber!
word count: 102

begolden
Conspiracy Theorist

Re: Bones 3.14 The Pain In The Heart

Post by begolden »

ARGGGGHHHH!!!! Sweets! Don't even get me started on that one... As far as I'm concerned, any scene that Sweets is in (especially in the lab) is a scene stolen from one of our Squints!

But thanks for the heads-up about the spoiler site having goodies on it again.
word count: 51

ThyneAlone
TJ Team Validator

Post by ThyneAlone »

The Sweets debate continues in the newly-created 'Sweets Talk' topic in the Bones forum. I split the topic as it is not strictly to do with spoilers, though very interesting - hope you don't mind!
Steph
word count: 37

late_heart
Fan

Spoilers and rumors

Post by late_heart »

Hey all,

I didn't know what to do with this, but I'm all flaily. And it is very spoilery so I figured I'd label it as such so those averse won't be upset by it. I put it in black type so that you can read it only if you highlight the section that should appear blank in this post.

Just saw a blurb from Michael Ausiello at tvguide.com that said:

Get used to the name "Vincent Juarez." I suspect we may be seeing a lot of him next season. He's one of Dr. Brennan's brighter grad students and he'll be joining the Squints until Brennan can find a new full-time forensic anthropologist. The yet-to-be-cast character loves to lighten the mood in the lab, but he definitely thinks he's funnier than he actually is. In other words, it's Nicholas Brendon's role to lose. In related news, does anyone know why Bones would be looking for a new full-time forensic anthropologist? Hmmm…

Oh, my peeps! Does anyone know what this is about? Eric? Because that would suck mightily -- even though I couldn't blame him in a million years. And if it's about TJ... no, it can't be about TJ...

Absolutely not the kind of spoiler that I usually crave. :cry:
word count: 227

ThyneAlone
TJ Team Validator

Re: Spoilers and rumors

Post by ThyneAlone »

Omg. Me neither. :cry: :cry:
word count: 3

ThyneAlone
TJ Team Validator

Post by ThyneAlone »

More from
http://community.livejournal.com/bones_spoilers/
3.15 is the 'He In The She', so another interesting twist to a corpse! Can't see much Hodgela in evidence and there is a new grad student introduced, over whom Annie has been worrying up on the Bones forum because he seems to be there to fill in for someone else...
word count: 61