On the Set of 'Bones' finale

Sightings, articles, media, pictures.
sofilps
Super Fan

On the Set of 'Bones' finale

Post by sofilps »

I was reading this interview with the whole cast yesterday and I liked this quote of TJ talking about Angela and Hodgins relationship.
Thyne, on the occasionally frustrating lack of romantic resolution for Jack and Angela: "I feel like Jack. I feel like that guy in real life. He's in this relationship and he's head-over-heals and he just has no idea where it's going. He can't push too much because that'll maybe scare her away and can't hold on too tight either. It's unfortunately, I feel like as an actor it's been tough to get that flow with the storyline, but the character's in even more confusion than I am. It's tough, but I hope we get to see where that relationship leads and I hope it's a positive place."
If you want to read the rest of the interview go here but I MUST WARN YOU THAT IT HAS A LOT OF SPOILERS AND SPECULATIONS FOR THE SEASON FINALE.

:)
word count: 173
~ s o f i

Sinkwriter72
King of the Lab

Re: On the Set of 'Bones' finale

Post by Sinkwriter72 »

Thanks for the fascinating quote, Sofi! I appreciate TJ's positive attitude about it all, no matter how frustrating it must be to not have some forward motion for his character at this time. He's the consummate professional. I learn from that.

So I don't get spoiled, I'll come back to read the rest of the article after watching tonight's finale. :D
word count: 65

begolden
Conspiracy Theorist

Post by begolden »

Thanks Sofi! TJ sounds as frustrated as we fans are concerning the Jack and Angela relationship. However, I don't like the sound of everyone being devastated at the beginning and devastated at the end. Shudder...
word count: 36
Fan of the Orgasmic Grilled Cheese Sandwich

English Al
Fan

Post by English Al »

As we've heard someone has been cast as Angela's Husband, maybe a resolution will be found in series 4. I don't think they can drag it out for much longer.
word count: 33

begolden
Conspiracy Theorist

Post by begolden »

Yes, I think we shall get quite a lot of Angela's husband next season. Our fear is that the resolution to the storyline will be worse than the storyline itself and mean the end for Jack and Angela. After all, look at what they did to Zach! I wouldn't put it past the writers at this point...
word count: 59
Fan of the Orgasmic Grilled Cheese Sandwich

jordle
Fan

Post by jordle »

I worry about season 4 a lot. I love Jack and Angela and I have this horrible sinking feeling that the writers are going to stuff everything up. It's a TV show so I expect some angst but I hope Jack and Angela can come out on top in the end.
word count: 52

mariposa
Fan

Post by mariposa »

begolden wrote:Yes, I think we shall get quite a lot of Angela's husband next season. Our fear is that the resolution to the storyline will be worse than the storyline itself and mean the end for Jack and Angela. After all, look at what they did to Zach! I wouldn't put it past the writers at this point...

I see your "fear" and I'll raise you "verging on freaked out" ... Do you really think they'd end J&A? Oh horror!
word count: 85
Mariposa
"More matter with less art." (Gertrude, in Hamlet, Act II, scene ii)

ThyneAlone
TJ Team Validator

Post by ThyneAlone »

The sides have a definite feel that way - if only on a temporary basis. :cry:
word count: 14
"We make our lives out of chaos and hope. And love." - Angela Montenegro

Sinkwriter72
King of the Lab

Post by Sinkwriter72 »

*sigh*

Sometimes I think television (and film) writers have a very narrow view of what they think viewers will be interested in. Or maybe it's the studio executives who see things that way, I don't know.

Regardless, I wish they'd realize that there are more facets to a relationship than soap opera drama (continuously breaking up and making up, jealous fighting, and cheating on each other.) There are other, fresher, more interesting angles that could be explored.

I think about something Kimber once said, probably on her LJ rather than here. She was celebrating the show Scrubs, and especially how one of the most consistent, loving relationships on the program is Turk and Carla, who are married. The show followed the evolution of their relationship from careers to dating to marriage to having children, and everything that comes in between, lots of loss, love and hilarity, but it was never boring or flat. It just goes to show that when two characters finally get together as a couple, it doesn't have to become boring, or melodramatic, and it certainly doesn't mean that the vibrant energy of their relationship goes away. There's plenty to explore, if writers are willing to open their minds to it.
word count: 210
I want to thank anyone who spends part of their day creating [& sharing their experience]. I don't care if it's a book, a film, a painting, a dance, a piece of theater, a piece of music… I think this world would be unlivable without art. ~ S. Soderbergh

TJ4ever
King of the Lab

Post by TJ4ever »

mariposa wrote: ... Do you really think they'd end J&A? Oh horror!
Let's hope not! :shock:
word count: 17
Angela: Well, what about love? What do you have to say about love?
Hodgins: It´s overrated-most of the time :-)

Dexter: They make it look so easy-connecting with another human being. It's like no one told them it's the hardest thing in the world.

Dr.Valentine
Super Fan

Post by Dr.Valentine »

Maybe TJ secretly read this and told Mr. Hart himself :wink:

All I know, we're going to see exactly that this season!! Woo Hoo Marriage!
word count: 25
"Work hard, and love the work and the 'work' becomes nothing other than the love." - TJ Thyne

sarali
Fan

Post by sarali »

I don;t wanner watch the final of bones
word count: 9

ThyneAlone
TJ Team Validator

Post by ThyneAlone »

Hi & welcome, Sarali!

Are you talking about an actual season finale or the Final Ultimate End of Everything when some kind of resolution will have to be arrived at? Good to see you btw, do pop up to Welcome forum & say hello. :)
word count: 42
"We make our lives out of chaos and hope. And love." - Angela Montenegro