Spoiler Talk

willowwood
Fan

Post by willowwood »

ThyneAlone wrote:Personally, as we've already had a nice luxurious bed, I wouldn't mind a bit of down and dirty on some sweaty animal skins in a tent.
I'm more inclined to TJ's own ideas for the pairing, with them just pushing everything off Angela's desk and having at it lol, but you know I'd be happy anyway :D.
word count: 64
Wil xxx

Bugs_n_Slime (A community for fans of Jack Hodgins)

begolden
Conspiracy Theorist

Post by begolden »

willowwood wrote:I'm more inclined to TJ's own ideas for the pairing, with them just pushing everything off Angela's desk and having at it lol, but you know I'd be happy anyway :D.
Can you picture it now? What with all that open glass that looks out into the hallway? They'd be putting on quite a show--LOL!
word count: 62
Fan of the Orgasmic Grilled Cheese Sandwich

ThyneAlone
TJ Team Validator

Post by ThyneAlone »

Ex--act--ly what I thought when TJ postulated the idea!
word count: 11

Y Ddraig Coch
Fan

Post by Y Ddraig Coch »

Did anyone notice if there are blinds on the office windows?If so,then TJ has the right idea in the "passion on the desktop" theory :lol:
word count: 26

begolden
Conspiracy Theorist

Post by begolden »

Y Ddraig Coch wrote:Did anyone notice if there are blinds on the office windows?If so,then TJ has the right idea in the "passion on the desktop" theory :lol:
Hmmm, I've never noticed, but it's a good idea. If there are no blinds, Hodgins could easily afford to have some installed. Might at least get Cam off their case for awhile...
word count: 64

ThyneAlone
TJ Team Validator

Post by ThyneAlone »

Yes, why is it always her who finds them with the smart-alec remarks? Can they not be discovered by, oh, I don't know, Zach? or is he not sarky enough? Or Booth or Brennan, if they're not too wrapped up in that never-happening relationship of theirs?
Will look out for blinds on my very next watch, Victoria.
word count: 61

Y Ddraig Coch
Fan

Post by Y Ddraig Coch »

Oh please do Steph I will TRY and drag my eyes away from Jack but I can't promise anything.And Yes with all his money he could certainly underwrite the fitting of new blinds.
word count: 35

begolden
Conspiracy Theorist

Post by begolden »

ThyneAlone wrote:Yes, why is it always her who finds them with the smart-alec remarks? Can they not be discovered by, oh, I don't know, Zach? or is he not sarky enough? Or Booth or Brennan, if they're not too wrapped up in that never-happening relationship of theirs?
Will look out for blinds on my very next watch, Victoria.
I suppose Cam is the character chosen to comment on the inappropriateness of their actions at work because she is their direct superior. Although Hodgins and Angela are part of Brennan's team, I don't think that she is actually their "boss," so to speak. Also, Brennan doesn't seem bothered in the least by the overtness of their relationship in the lab. Remember the scene in "The Bodies in the Book"? Angela tells Brennan that she and Hodgins just "did it" in the storage closet an hour earlier, and all Brennan does is grin stupidly at her. Cam seems like the logical foil for their romantic interludes. Plus, I like Cam, and I think Tamara Taylor adds a lot of humor to these scenes.
word count: 189

begolden
Conspiracy Theorist

Post by begolden »

This just in:
Ausiello: Someone page Eddie Cibrian's agent! Bones producers will soon begin casting the role of Angela's mythic (and as-yet-unseen) husband, who we'll learn early on is basically The Perfect Man. Explains my spy: "He's big, beautiful and has tons of charisma. He's a pilot, he's an entrepreneur, he's a philanthropist, he saves children from burning buildings." In other words, the exact opposite of Hodgins.
I find the whole idea of Angela's husband needing to be the physical opposite of Hodgins offensive--as if that makes the mystery man more desirable or more masculine. He sounds freakish to me. Anyways, the rest of those descriptors don't make him "the exact opposite of Hodgins." Ausiello is an idiot. Hopefully, his interpretation of spoilers is just as inaccurate as those we've had from Kristin from E!

I don't take kindly to any storyline that demeans or torments poor Hodgins!
word count: 162

ThyneAlone
TJ Team Validator

Post by ThyneAlone »

"He's big, beautiful and has tons of charisma. He's a pilot, he's an entrepreneur, he's a philanthropist, he saves children from burning buildings." In other words, the exact opposite of Hodgins.
begolden wrote:I find the whole idea of Angela's husband needing to be the physical opposite of Hodgins offensive--as if that makes the mystery man more desirable or more masculine. He sounds freakish to me. Anyways, the rest of those descriptors don't make him "the exact opposite of Hodgins." Ausiello is an idiot. Hopefully, his interpretation of spoilers is just as inaccurate as those we've had from Kristin from E!

I don't take kindly to any storyline that demeans or torments poor Hodgins!
Um. How is beautiful and charismatic and generous and successful and courageous the opposite of Hodgins ('big' I grant you, yes, but I like my men compact and well-proportioned, so I don't really see that as a downside)? I'll be interested to see who is going to be cast as this paragon.
word count: 178

ThyneAlone
TJ Team Validator

Post by ThyneAlone »

OK, I see livejournal spoilers now have all 10 current sides posted for Bones 3.04. Somewhat disappointingly, hardly any J/A (tho all still seems to be hunky-dory), but we do find out a lot about the ins and outs of organic farming!
word count: 45

begolden
Conspiracy Theorist

Post by begolden »

... organic farming, pony play... we stand to learn quite a bit from the new season it seems.

I have to admit that those latest spoilers (or at least how they were worded) made me very unhappy. I'm beginning to feel some anxiety about how the whole "husband" thing is going to play out. I will be very, VERY unhappy with the writers if Angela is allowed to fall, even briefly, for this perfect man. Angela has already made poor Hodgins jump through enough burning hoops for the sake of relationship drama--enough is enough, I say!

Where's Eileen when I need her? She can always reassure me when the spoilers get me rattled...
word count: 115

ThyneAlone
TJ Team Validator

Post by ThyneAlone »

I know what you mean, Rebecca, but let's be rational. This image of Mystery Husband is only the Ausiello view and you have already dismissed the guy as an idiot. In fact, the few other bits of info that have dribbled out have actually made him seem pretty scary to me. Why so hard to find? Is he involved in something shady? Is he in a relationship himself? Is he even straight? I'm not going to start worrying until I find out whether MH even remembers Angela. For a start he doesn't sound like he'd have the sense of humour to keep up with her and we all know how boring Perfect Men are. And if Angela's ideal is Jack and MH really is Jack's polar opposite, well we have nothing to be concerned about, have we? Thus far, and I own we've not had much, Jack and Angela look to be sticking together in the effort to get the mess cleared up.
This is a mess of stream-of-consciousness thought, but does it make you feel a bit better??
word count: 188

Y Ddraig Coch
Fan

Post by Y Ddraig Coch »

Well Steph perphaps just a lttle bit :D But I'm sure the scriptwriters will have us biting the cushions with temper at some point.I have commented before that I am concerned things will start to get silly and "soapy".Would be a great pity if the high standards of writing dropped to the banal.
word count: 55

ThyneAlone
TJ Team Validator

Post by ThyneAlone »

Oh, I'll have to get more cushions then, the ones I've got are in shreds, thanks to the latter end of S2's complete disregard of character continuity. I know what you mean about soap. Maybe we could have the end of last season being just Jack's fevered dream while buried underground and falling into unconsciousness - and he wakes up to find that Angela has had plastic surgery and is now a different actress.

Fingers crossed the standard of writing keeps up and that pitched storylines are more realistic.
word count: 92

willowwood
Fan

Post by willowwood »

Hey Guys, wow I've had so much to catch up on *wipes brow*.
Well whilst I'm desperately trying to stay away from the spoilers this time (I was a complete whore last season), I can't help but still read the odd little snippets here and there and I have to agree that I was also rather offended by those comments about our dear Hodgins. Although if this MH is so perfect then why can't Angela remember who he is??? Personally I'm hoping that the whole idea of this guy being "perfect" will be Hodgins' and possibly everybody else's opinion and will merely give us some great "Jealous Hodgins" scenes as well as offering Angela the chance to prove to Hodgins, the others and maybe even herself just how much Jack really means to her.
word count: 140
Wil xxx

Bugs_n_Slime (A community for fans of Jack Hodgins)

ThyneAlone
TJ Team Validator

Post by ThyneAlone »

willowwood wrote:Hey Guys, wow I've had so much to catch up on *wipes brow*.
Well whilst I'm desperately trying to stay away from the spoilers this time (I was a complete whore last season), I can't help but still read the odd little snippets here and there and I have to agree that I was also rather offended by those comments about our dear Hodgins. Although if this MH is so perfect then why can't Angela remember who he is??? Personally I'm hoping that the whole idea of this guy being "perfect" will be Hodgins' and possibly everybody else's opinion and will merely give us some great "Jealous Hodgins" scenes as well as offering Angela the chance to prove to Hodgins, the others and maybe even herself just how much Jack really means to her.
Couldn't agree more. Good to see you back, Wil and talking such sense. Angela really does need to show more how important Jack is in her life.
word count: 170

ThyneAlone
TJ Team Validator

Post by ThyneAlone »

Forgive offtopicness for just one post, people, I am just going to pop this note at the end of all our legit threads to keep that stupid spam at the foot of the page till it's removed...
word count: 38

begolden
Conspiracy Theorist

Post by begolden »

I'm still trying to come up with rational arguments as to why it will be okay in the long run... First, they are not going to add the husband to the permanant cast (at least they better not!). Second, there has to be some kind of crime or illegal activity involved in this subplot, thus rendering the guy not as perfect as he seems. Third, "Bones" is not an overly angsty show, so torturing Hodgins in that manner does not make sense within the context of the series. Fourth, it's Angela's turn to be more in love with Hodgins (since he was more in love with her throughout season two). And fifth, how many of us would stop watching if Jack and Angela called it quits? (raises hand)
word count: 131

KimberHodgela
Super Fan

Post by KimberHodgela »

begolden wrote:I'm still trying to come up with rational arguments as to why it will be okay in the long run... First, they are not going to add the husband to the permanant cast (at least they better not!). Second, there has to be some kind of crime or illegal activity involved in this subplot, thus rendering the guy not as perfect as he seems. Third, "Bones" is not an overly angsty show, so torturing Hodgins in that manner does not make sense within the context of the series. Fourth, it's Angela's turn to be more in love with Hodgins (since he was more in love with her throughout season two). And fifth, how many of us would stop watching if Jack and Angela called it quits? (raises hand)
*tentatively raises hand* Ooh, I'd be tempted! If I didn't stop watching (which would only be to see TJ, Michaela and Emily on my screen still...) I'd write LOTS and LOTS of letters, and consider a trip down to LA to protest! I'm a very good little protester!

Thanks, you guys ... you've given me some hope. I have to admit that I"m very behind on my spoilers too, and I even contemplated not reading the actual sides this year. I was really let down last year with the finale (even though I knew what was coming, I held out a glimmer of hope that the writers would give our couple their dream wedding), and I wondered if it was due to my spoilerage.

However, as you point out, Rebecca, it would be somewhat impractical to put Jack and Angela through all this angst, and then to have this new "husband" come into the picture for good. NOT going to happen. I mean, if they want to add new cast members, they have plenty to choose from! (Caroline and Gordon Gordon Wyatt could join the show regularly ANY day, IMHO). I'm just finding this whole "mystery husband whom Angela jumped over a broomstick with, but doesn't remember his name/looks" to be quite upsetting, actually. But don't get me started on that... ;)
word count: 363