The Introduce Yourself Thread - Hello everyone!

New arrivals, including the hello threads and the sofa.
ThyneAlone
TJ Team Validator

Post by ThyneAlone »

Hi Loretta and hi sofi!
Great to have you here, please feel free to start butting in right away as to how you want the site to develop - we're trying to get it done the way you like it.

I notice a lot of terrific people are heading over from where TJ has mentioned us on MySpace. Go MySpace and TJ! He is meaning to get just as involved over here and just as personally as he has over there so keep looking in, hey?

Steph
word count: 87
"We make our lives out of chaos and hope. And love." - Angela Montenegro

sofilps
Super Fan

Re: Welcome! Welcome back!

Post by sofilps »

whooooaaaa

nice change of style on the board. :D this is getting better and better ;)
word count: 14
~ s o f i

begolden
Conspiracy Theorist

Post by begolden »

Okay, this is a little scary... I have all these new buttons to figure out! Please don't hesitate to point out anything stupid that I do with my new moderator abilities--this will definitely be a learning curve for me! :?

But hey, the new look of the board is fabulous!
word count: 51
Fan of the Orgasmic Grilled Cheese Sandwich

Sinkwriter72
King of the Lab

Post by Sinkwriter72 »

I know you'll be great, Rebecca! Don't worry! :D Nothing but absolute faith in you and your abilities.

Have fun checking out all the changes -- interesting stuff. Love that the folders are moved. Very cool.
word count: 36

ThyneAlone
TJ Team Validator

Post by ThyneAlone »

Hey! Good , yes, isn't it?
The moving posts around is moi! At last things are getting sorted into their correct folders, we don't claim perfection yet, it needs tweaking. But - getting there. Hopefully Ben won't mind an initial bombardment of enquiries.

Bear in mind that mod powers are limited, however complicated they may look. Our jobs and Ben's are clearly defined; we deal with individual posts (and, indeed, individual members) on a daily basis. Whole-board decisions and changes are his territory. So if you want a couple of topics merged, yes, once we learn how, we'll be able to do it, but a new background colour, image control or, say, avatar enablement would have to be done by him. And though we can probably change forum titles (not sure about that, we may only have a responsibility for individual threads), creating forums is probably his job. We can delete spam posts but he has to put in place the software to protect us from them. See the difference? We are here to look after you on an everyday basis.

So we'll work out what we can do (and how!) and we'll let you know.
Thanks so much for all your support.

Loads of love,

Steph
word count: 213

Callieach
Fan

Re: The Introduce Yourself Thread - Hello everyone!

Post by Callieach »

Hey everyone! *waves*
Some of you might know me - I'm all over the place as Callieach - from LJ, or whatnot, but for those of you who don't:
I'm Dakotah, 15, Canadian, and spend way too much time lusting over TJ Thyne. My friend Willowwood - you might see her flitting around a bit, too - and I were having a Bones marathon today and realized that we were being bad TJ fangirls for not being more active over here (we both have accounts, but never post). So my personal New Year's resolution is to hang out here more often. :) Hopefully I'll get to know you all.
And can I just say how AWESOMETASTIC it is to find a place where pretty much everybody knows what I mean when I say something along the lines of 'skdgsjdkgl guh. TJ's eyes!'?

And I'll shut up now.
Bye! *waves again*
word count: 152
xox.

"I am not a party trick!"

Sinkwriter72
King of the Lab

Post by Sinkwriter72 »

*laughing uproariously*

Welcome back to tjthyne.com, Callieach! Your post was hilarious -- and yes, I believe I can translate for myself just what you mean about TJ's eyes. ;)

I've visited Willowwood's LJ site -- loved the "12 Days of Hodgins" tribute for Christmas. That was very fun.

Hope to hear from you both around these threads! :D
word count: 58

ThyneAlone
TJ Team Validator

Post by ThyneAlone »

Callieach wrote:Hey everyone! *waves*
Some of you might know me - I'm all over the place as Callieach - from LJ, or whatnot, but for those of you who don't:
I'm Dakotah, 15, Canadian, and spend way too much time lusting over TJ Thyne. My friend Willowwood - you might see her flitting around a bit, too - and I were having a Bones marathon today and realized that we were being bad TJ fangirls for not being more active over here (we both have accounts, but never post). So my personal New Year's resolution is to hang out here more often. :) Hopefully I'll get to know you all.
And can I just say how AWESOMETASTIC it is to find a place where pretty much everybody knows what I mean when I say something along the lines of 'skdgsjdkgl guh. TJ's eyes!'?

And I'll shut up now.
Bye! *waves again*
Sah-weetie! <<big kiss and hug>> At last, I was beginning to think you'd never have time to join us on the boards (though it was nice to see such longstanding Hodginites here from the very start). Big fan of bugs'n'slime here, you should find you are up on the Links thread in the Media forum. Yes, willowwood has been on and we all love her to bits.. We're in the middle of a transition period here and getting ever more exciting. So stick with us, girls, and we - obviously - will stick with you.
word count: 252

willowwood
Fan

Post by willowwood »

rotflmao at Callieach, Sweetie have I ever told you, you're completely and utterly insane?? Sorry guys I promise I try to keep her heavily medicated, and only let out on the weekends but her mother just won't listen to me *dramatic sigh*. Nevertheless what she said is right, we really are going to try and stay a bit more active over here, well I am just as soon as I convince my brain that I don't have to catch up on all the forums before coming to talk to you all *heads desk*....and hopefully we'll get into the swing of it all soon enough.....after all what type of TJ fanatics would we be if we didn't?
ThyneAlone wrote:Yes, willowwood has been on and we all love her to bits..
Awwww *feels special* Thanks ThyneAlone. :oops:

[Also sorry if my posts make no sense at the moment, i'm full of a cold and can just about think of what to type let alone actually do it *heads desk*]
word count: 175
Wil xxx

Bugs_n_Slime (A community for fans of Jack Hodgins)

TJ4ever
King of the Lab

Post by TJ4ever »

Hi willowwood! Welcome (back)! How was your Bones marathon?

Simone
Last edited by TJ4ever on Sat Jan 05, 2008 8:55 am, edited 1 time in total. word count: 10
Angela: Well, what about love? What do you have to say about love?
Hodgins: It´s overrated-most of the time :-)

Dexter: They make it look so easy-connecting with another human being. It's like no one told them it's the hardest thing in the world.

willowwood
Fan

Post by willowwood »

It was awesome! But when is a Bones marathon not?? Although I have to point out that this particular one was especially brill considering I'm in the UK and my dear Callieach is in Canada lol. Thank god for Yahoo IM is all I can say lol :D :D
word count: 48
Wil xxx

TJ4ever
King of the Lab

Post by TJ4ever »

willowwood wrote:It was awesome! But when is a Bones marathon not?? Although I have to point out that this particular one was especially brill considering I'm in the UK and my dear Callieach is in Canada lol. Thank god for Yahoo IM is all I can say lol :D :D
Interesting way to have a Bones marathon! :) Sounds like you had a lot of fun!
word count: 65
Angela: Well, what about love? What do you have to say about love?
Hodgins: It´s overrated-most of the time :-)

Dexter: They make it look so easy-connecting with another human being. It's like no one told them it's the hardest thing in the world.

ThyneAlone
TJ Team Validator

Post by ThyneAlone »

willowwood wrote:just as soon as I convince my brain that I don't have to catch up on all the forums before coming to talk to you all *heads desk*
Never ever ever try to do that, wil. Your brain will slowly fry. Particularly if you are going to attempt the sofa, do it a bit at a time, cos we have all poured our souls and copious amounts of both alcohol and soft drinks - and crisps - out on it. In fact anyone with a cloth and a hoover will be very welcome there. We seem to have left a considerable trail, given we have been here maybe 4 or 5 months max.

As you have not been around for a while and Callieach has only just started posting (much to my joy), let me say that Rebecca (begolden) and I are now activated as moderators and so if the whole area looks different from when it started you have us to blame <<deranged power-crazed chuckle>>. All sorts of things have changed style and name. Once I've got the hang of this I am going to have a look at avatars, chat possibilities etc, but wait till I'm used to the software. Meantime keep telling me and Rebecca what you'd like to see on the boards. But don't just explore here. The rest of the site is being updated to become your major source of all things TJ. Soon we'll have the new gallery section up (the shoot TJ did because we asked him to) and the interview for which we wrote the questions. Beyond that we hope to have regular bulletins from the man himself and more up to date clips and info on the Theatre Junkies stuff and his other films. And an all-embracing interview and articles section. How can you not be a part of this? Come in and play, my darlings.

Stop talking about TJ's eyes by the way, Dakotah, it's stopping me from tipyng plrorpey.
word count: 340

Callieach
Fan

Post by Callieach »

So instead of sending woe-is-me e-mails to Willowwood, I can just come over here and laugh hysterically about her telling you guys I'm insane (plz2b pointing out that she is the Captain of Insanity and I am merely the Admiral) and everyone loving each other and being insane? Sounds pretty effing good to me. Factor in that's it's only a few clicks away from those gorgeous pictures of TJ and his fantastic body and amazing and oh-so-blue (does it bother anone else that no colour quite seems to capture the colour?) eyes *laughs evily as she passes out buckets to catch the drool* and this is the best freaking place on the Internet!!
word count: 121
xox.

ThyneAlone
TJ Team Validator

Post by ThyneAlone »

*solemn nod*
Yes.

Yes, it is.

Yes, we are.
:twisted: :lol:
word count: 9

begolden
Conspiracy Theorist

Post by begolden »

Callieach wrote:...this is the best freaking place on the Internet!!
Aint it the truth? :wink:
word count: 15
Fan of the Orgasmic Grilled Cheese Sandwich

ThyneAlone
TJ Team Validator

Post by ThyneAlone »

Callieach wrote: (plz2b pointing out that she is the Captain of Insanity and I am merely the Admiral)
Calli, an Admiral outranks a Captain by at least four levels. A Captain equates to an army Lieutenant-Colonel and a full Admiral would be the equivalent of a General. An Admiral commands a fleet, not just a very large vessel (can you tell my other half is anally keen on naval history?).
You're actually many degrees more insane than wil is.
:shock:
word count: 81

Callieach
Fan

Post by Callieach »

ThyneAlone wrote: Calli, an Admiral outranks a Captain by at least four levels. A Captain equates to an army Lieutenant-Colonel and a full Admiral would be the equivalent of a General. An Admiral commands a fleet, not just a very large vessel (can you tell my other half is anally keen on naval history?).
You're actually many degrees more insane than wil is.
:shock:
I do believe I have been duped. *woe*
Thanks for the head's-up. ;) Thank goodness we've got a naval geek around!
word count: 88
xox.

willowwood
Fan

Post by willowwood »

Callieach wrote:I do believe I have been duped. *woe*
Thanks for the head's-up. ;) Thank goodness we've got a naval geek around!
Mwhahahahah :twisted: *laughs and points* You're crazier than I am!! You're crazier than I am!! You're crazier than I am!! (Of course I already knew this :mrgreen:)
word count: 53
Wil xxx

ThyneAlone
TJ Team Validator

Post by ThyneAlone »

You owe me big time, wil. When you get to meet TJ you are going to feel obliged to parcel him up and send him to me.
word count: 27