All you wanted to know and haven't had a chance to ask

Archived threads that are no longer active-this section is read only
Sinkwriter72
King of the Lab

Post by Sinkwriter72 »

* What do you like to have for breakfast?

* Do you ever sing along to the music playing in your car?

(Okay, I was aiming for the 'silly' on those two. Heh.)

Hmmm... trying to think of others...

* Do you have a favorite play (or playwright)?

* Are you a theatre 'purist' or do you enjoy musicals as well? ;)

* On your MySpace site, you mention general interests in 'telling stories and playing board games' ... what's your favorite board game to play, and will you tell us a story? :D

* Is there something you'd like us to know about you that we haven't thought to ask?

* Are you getting tired of all these questions? (Hee.)
word count: 114

ThyneAlone
TJ Team Validator

Re: All you wanted to know and haven't had a chance to ask

Post by ThyneAlone »

Did you act in anything when you were in school?
And can you sing?
word count: 14
"We make our lives out of chaos and hope. And love." - Angela Montenegro

Sinkwriter72
King of the Lab

Post by Sinkwriter72 »

ThyneAlone wrote:And can you sing?
You mean, other than in that wacky, hilarious commercial where he sang along with the Shania Twain song? :D

Yes, good question, Steph, I'd like to know, too.
word count: 34

ThyneAlone
TJ Team Validator

Post by ThyneAlone »

Ah, as you & I know, Sherry, Performance singing is not the same as singing along in a car! Though my husband rehearses operatic arias while driving. No hope for the ears of passengers.
word count: 33

Sinkwriter72
King of the Lab

Post by Sinkwriter72 »

Too true, Steph, all too true. :D

And I'm guessing that those who sing leisurely don't feel the need to rewind a section of a song to sing it better the second time through, with more nuance or breath support, even when they are simply singing in the car! ;)

(Not that I do that or anything, not me, nooo sir. *ahem* What? Is that weird? Hee.)

I'd love to hear you and your husband sing. Are you lyric or mezzo soprano, or alto? Do you sing (or have you sung) opera duets with him? For one of my songs during my senior recital in college, my friend Laura and I did the popular duet from Lakme -- do you know the one I'm referring to? The "Flower Duet"?

Addendum to post: Just realized... I'm getting off-topic. If you want to respond to this in the OffTopic Sofa thread (in order to keep this one from cluttering with non-interview questions), I'll be happy to follow you there.
word count: 172

TJ4ever
King of the Lab

Post by TJ4ever »

TJ, can you recall your funniest moment while shooting BONES?
word count: 10
Angela: Well, what about love? What do you have to say about love?
Hodgins: It´s overrated-most of the time :-)

Dexter: They make it look so easy-connecting with another human being. It's like no one told them it's the hardest thing in the world.

Sinkwriter72
King of the Lab

Post by Sinkwriter72 »

Nice one, Simone! :D
word count: 3

TJ4ever
King of the Lab

Post by TJ4ever »

Thanks, Sherry! :)
word count: 2

Dexter: They make it look so easy-connecting with another human being. It's like no one told them it's the hardest thing in the world.

ThyneAlone
TJ Team Validator

Post by ThyneAlone »

A bit personal I suppose, but nothing ventured...

What's the most romantic gesture you've ever made?
and
Do you have a favourite cartoon/comic character, or a favourite animated movie?
(btw Sherry - taking the voice discussion over to the sofa now!)
word count: 43

Sinkwriter72
King of the Lab

Post by Sinkwriter72 »

Here's one I can't believe I forgot to ask until now...

When did you know you wanted to be an actor?

And as a follow-up:
Was there a moment or series of events that brought you to that decision? When you said to yourself, yes, this is absolutely what I want to do, I love it, and I believe I can do it (and do it well)?

Was it a tough decision, or did it feel like something you were meant to do?

How long did you audition for commercials, TV pilots, or films before you got your first speaking part? Was there something positive you kept in mind in order to avoid or lessen disappointment if you didn't get the part?

Do you remember what part thrilled you the most when you got it? Or were they all memorable and exciting to get, each in their own way?
word count: 153

willowwood
Fan

Post by willowwood »

Ooooh just stopping by this thread for the first time, and you've already given some wonderful questions that I can't wait to here the answers to, but just thought I'd add a couple.

1. Would you ever consider attending a convention? (epescially in the UK *grin*)

2. Have you ever visited the UK?

Hope they're ok :)
word count: 60
Wil xxx

Bugs_n_Slime (A community for fans of Jack Hodgins)

ThyneAlone
TJ Team Validator

Post by ThyneAlone »

They are fine, wil, no idea why I hadn't asked them before. This is of course the second lot of questions - he's already been asked the first 20-25 on the list and those answers should be up on the main site very shortly - but I think he's game to reply to as many as we can think of, lol. And you're right, there are some really interesting ideas here. They fall roughly into three groups - General Career, Bones-related and Personal - that's how I divided them up when I mailed the first set off to the management. Mostly they're things I've never heard asked before and I'm keen to hear the replies!
word count: 121

TJ4ever
King of the Lab

Post by TJ4ever »

willowwood wrote: 1. Would you ever consider attending a convention? (epescially in the UK *grin*)
Yes, I would like to know that, too! Love to go to conventions! Good one, Wil! :)
word count: 31

willowwood
Fan

Post by willowwood »

TJ4ever wrote:
willowwood wrote: 1. Would you ever consider attending a convention? (epescially in the UK *grin*)
Yes, I would like to know that, too! Love to go to conventions! Good one, Wil! :)
I'm very much a convention groupie myself lol, and of course would love to have the oppurtunity of meeting TJ at one, someday. So of course I couldn't help but ask ;) ;)
word count: 66
Wil xxx

Bugs_n_Slime (A community for fans of Jack Hodgins)

Sinkwriter72
King of the Lab

Post by Sinkwriter72 »

ThyneAlone wrote: And you're right, there are some really interesting ideas here. They fall roughly into three groups - General Career, Bones-related and Personal - that's how I divided them up when I mailed the first set off to the management. Mostly they're things I've never heard asked before and I'm keen to hear the replies!
Wow, Steph, dividing the questions into three groups... you're even more organized than I thought! ;)

So, tell us, did questions fall into one category more than the others? I hope we were (generally) balanced. Not too many Bones questions, so he doesn't feel like we're ignoring his other work or interests. (And not too many in the personal, if it feels a bit 'crossing the line' for his comfort level.)

Your questions were just fine, Wil! Have no fear! :)
word count: 142

bonesaddict11
Super Fan

Post by bonesaddict11 »

ok i have some questions. i don't know whether they were already asked or answered, but here they are anyway.

~Who is your favorite actor? Actress?
~If you could take a vacation anywhere in the world, where would it be? and with who?
~Out of all of the roles you have played as an actor, which one do you think is most like you? which one do u enjoy playing the best? which was the hardest to play?
~and most important of all.....Coke products or Pepsi product? :mrgreen:

I'll try and come up with some more later
=)
word count: 99

ThyneAlone
TJ Team Validator

Post by ThyneAlone »

Great questions, Dohee. Keep it up!
Sinkwriter72 wrote: Wow, Steph, dividing the questions into three groups... you're even more organized than I thought! ;)
So, tell us, did questions fall into one category more than the others? I hope we were (generally) balanced. Not too many Bones questions, so he doesn't feel like we're ignoring his other work or interests. (And not too many in the personal, if it feels a bit 'crossing the line' for his comfort level.)
I think the first lot that went off contained 10 Career, 10 Bones and 6 Personal. At the mo we are a little more lacking in balance with about 15 career questions, hardly any Bones (may even be just the one) and 15 or so personal questions, which we may need to prune or link together - TJ is a fairly private person by the sound of it. But then, some of them are just fun, frivolous queries.
word count: 158

late_heart
Fan

Post by late_heart »

Well, as a Boston native, I'd like to know where in the area TJ grew up, and if he ever comes back, where his favorite spots are. Now... I'm a native -- but I don't like Boston. To quote Joni Mitchell, it's too old and cold and settled in its ways here -- for me, at least!

Thanks, mods and T.J. ...
Last edited by late_heart on Wed Feb 20, 2008 1:02 pm, edited 1 time in total. word count: 64
...he remains Hodgins of the unstoppable libido, with the constantly coiling Kundalini, the freaky twist of mystic master meets geekzilla. He’s still a poet, a shaman of the weird, and he’s in there, somewhere...

Sinkwriter72
King of the Lab

Post by Sinkwriter72 »

On Bones, do you recall, what was the most difficult/challenging science-related word you have had to pronounce in an episode? And the most fun/amusing word? (Or, are they one in the same?)

(Personally, because of your character, I now know how to spell phenolphthalein without looking it up. I find that funny and fun. Though of course entirely useless in my everyday life. *GRIN*)
word count: 67

ThyneAlone
TJ Team Validator

Post by ThyneAlone »

Regarding getting the interview up, I have just heard from management that they are still having technical issues which Ben is helping them with (Ben's our webmaster, if you're new) and hope to get it up within the next fortnight along with the rest of the LA photo shoot! All good news, hey.

And more excellent questions from Sherry. I think you should just go do the second interview, Sherry, you'd be brilliant!

PS Which does not mean that everyone else's aren't great too.
word count: 89