Offtopic Sofa Time

New arrivals, including the hello threads and the sofa.
TJ4ever
King of the Lab

Re: Offtopic Sofa Time

Post by TJ4ever »

Quick update from my side about what's new in my life.

I really like my new job! When I think back now how scared I was the first day. How I shivered while ringing the door bell. I have to smile about that now. I really feel comfortable and relaxed at my new work. It was the right decision for me. I hope my new boss thinks of it the same way! ;-) I cannot say I love it because what I do was never my dream what I wanted to do, but it's great to have a job you like to go to where you feel comfortable and you have nice colleagues and can make a living!

My new colleagues even thought about my birthday. That day was so nice. They gave me a present and a hug even though they don't know me really because I was there only a week. We had breakfast together and talked about everything. Really a nice day and so nice of them! At this point I wanna thank everybody who thought about my birthday and congratulated me. You made this day even more special to me! *hugs* :romance-smileyheart:

My new car is great! :happy-smileygiantred: I love it! It's orange as I ever wanted it! First I missed my old car. I've had it for over 16 years. But it was old and after the accident 2011 it wasn't a 100% reliable anymore. But now I really love my new used car. It is much more comfortable than the old one. Has a lot more features, of course. It's just great! :auto-driving: :auto-layrubber:

So, that's it from me at the moment. Sorry I haven't had the time looking for season 8 of Bones, yet. But I will! Hopefully soon!

Take care! Love you all! :romance-smileyheart:
word count: 305
Angela: Well, what about love? What do you have to say about love?
Hodgins: It´s overrated-most of the time :-)

Dexter: They make it look so easy-connecting with another human being. It's like no one told them it's the hardest thing in the world.

Sinkwriter72
King of the Lab

Post by Sinkwriter72 »

Simone, I am so happy to hear things are going well. After all you went through with that previous job, it's wonderful to know that you're settling into the new job and feeling good about that decision. I know it wasn't an easy one for you to make.

And congratulations about the new car! Orange! Wow! Bold color choice! A friend of mine has an orange car (a VW bug) and for Halloween she adds these magnetic stickers that make her car look like a giant jack-o-lantern. It's pretty funny.
word count: 96

stargazer
Conspiracy Theorist

Post by stargazer »

YAY! I'm so glad that your job is working out Simone! It's always scary starting something new, but it's good to know that you are doing something that you like. I feel the same way about my job, I never thought I would end up in the healthcare field but I really enjoy it now. I originally started school for Paleontology, but I quickly realized how much education it required and how little pay I would make actually doing the job, so I had to reconsider. LOL

I love the color choice of your car! I've always liked bright colors, in fact my previous car was "sunburst yellow". :) My current car is red, but that's only because I couldn't find the same car in the blue that I wanted. Enjoy!! :D
word count: 136
"Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars." ~Brian Littrell

queenofthelab
Fan

Post by queenofthelab »

Hello!

I've been a member here for a while now but sadly got out of the habit of joining in as life got in the way (damn life). If you don't remember me, I'm Cally! I just turned 23 and I live in the UK.

I'm still out of a job, living and studying at home because I'm too broke for university but I love learning at my own speed and have freedom to pursue jobs in my area. I'm terrified of moths btw. Random fact...

Also over the last 9-ish months (since May 5th 2012) I've been losing weight and have lost 78lbs (5st 8lb in UK speak, I'd have to google the kilos) and have a blog with my friend about it. I'm aiming to lose the weight I need to in time to go to San Diego Comic Con July 2014 (saving money up from my odd jobs where I can!)

So that's me caught up! How is everyone around here?

OH I still adore TJ :D that's not going to stop anytime soon..
word count: 188

stargazer
Conspiracy Theorist

Post by stargazer »

WOW! 78 pounds is very impressive! :eusa-clap: You have to share your secret of losing weight with us. I could stand to lose a few pounds, lol! Good luck in your job hunting and saving money for Comic Con. I would love to go one day!

Well, like I said in the chat box, Welcome back! :D
word count: 57
"Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars." ~Brian Littrell

ThyneAlone
TJ Team Validator

Post by ThyneAlone »

That's amaaaaaazing Cally, wow, 9 months? I would adore to shift 5 stone. Would probably still be a bit overweight though.

I've missed you loads. It's so good to talk again. How goes with the catering and generally brilliant chef stuff?
word count: 44
"We make our lives out of chaos and hope. And love." - Angela Montenegro

hanneDK
Conspiracy Theorist

Post by hanneDK »

Simone, congratulations on your new job and that you're feeling happy there.. that means a lot - that you like what you're doing and that you have great colleagues.. Sweet of them to celebrate your birthday :-)

Cally... 78 pounds (it's about 35 kgs) amazing!! Keep up the good work!! I know what you're going through right now - having lost about 45 lbs myself (24-25 kgs so far).
I'm either here or on Twitter/FB - if you need anything - support, advise etc - let me know..

Hopped on the scale this moring, it said: 121,4 kgs.. Aiming for to have lost 1 kg more by Wednesday, for my next appointment with my dietician..
I'm working my but off - 6 times a week at the gym, staying focused on the food.. Have had my setbacks but I get right back on the horse right after.. I can sense a difference in the way I carry myself now - more outgoing, especially to the people at the gym.. Still not able to talk to strangers (except for the members at the gym) scared about what they think about me - the usual..

Better get going.. I have to be in the capital in a few hours - our annual bowling turnement with other shipping companies.. Not going to play unless it really neceassary - a minor injury with both my arms.. I overused my muscles.. given them a rest untill Monday - hopefully I'll have no problems with them during boxing.. (crossing my fingers).

catch you all later.. hugs/kisses!
word count: 259

queenofthelab
Fan

Post by queenofthelab »

Thanks you guys :) I missed you too, Steph !

Hanne, thank you for the offer of support, I've found I feel a lot better when I talk through my frustrations (I'm an emotional eater). I still have a lot of weight to lose but this is the first time in forever I feel like I can do it. I'm a bit of a control freak so what works for me is calorie counting everything bar fruit, vegetables (potatoes I do count, though) and fresh juice. I'm not so hot on the exercise thing yet but there's time to do that when I'm a bit more self confident about my body.

I'm halfway through my degree, learning at home and got a Distinction in my last course module because I loved it! I'm taking English lit/lang, but find I'm preferring language because my hyper logical brain can interpret the data better.

I still do the odd bit of catering, but mostly I've had to put that to one side. Now I just bake for my family, since I can't really eat it. In fact, I bought Paul Hollywood's baking bible and currently have croissant dough chilling in the fridge overnight. I hope they turn out nice because I'm treating myself to one with my lunch salad tomorrow :D

I still draw and paint, I cook and look after my youngest cousin but I still want a job!!!! If only, hey? :)

What's everyone else up to these days??

OH and CONGRATS SIMONE :D *hugs and croissants!*
word count: 266

cutenebula
Conspiracy Theorist

Post by cutenebula »

Hi to all!!! Oooh Hello again Cally!!! Nice to see you back here :eusa-dance:

I've been reading all the last news you've all nicely shared with us and really you all are doing great!

Congratulations to Simone for the new job and new car!!! Oh I'd love to have a new one too and with bright color would be even better ^_^ I used to have a bright red one years ago and I miss the fun of fancy color :P

Congratulations to you Hanne and Cally for the weight loss!!! Woohoo!!! I may repeat myself, but I know what it's like as I've lost 25kg years ago and so I know the struggle... And I can proudly say, that I haven't gained so much weight during all these years, so I think I had the best diet ever and kept a good food philosophy :icon-rolleyes: Keep up the good work!!! You will both succeed!!!! :romance-smileyheart:

Oh and Cally, I hope you will find the right job which allows you to study and save money for the comic con ;-)

Well about my side of the ocean... I've been working for my next exhibitions (1 in April and 1 in May and a conference in April). Also on my advertising and trying to find some financial help as I don't earn any money right now being self employed :P
It seems I could have some social help during the time I don't have customer, I still have to wait for the decision, I keep my fingers crossed :icon-confused:
If I can't have this help, well, I will have to find some temporary contracts and work harder to paint for the exhibitions :P

Oh by the way, I have done some updates to my site, if you want to have a look : https://sites.google.com/site/veroniquesauvagnatdecors/

Mmmmh... What else... Oh, yes! I have fixed my waffle iron!!!! Woohoo!!! It's the greatest news ever ^_^ :banana-dance: Oh and I've discovered that waffles without eggs are just great ^_^

I still can't watch Bones with my old computer so I'm sorry I can't say nothing about the eps for the moment. I fear I won't be able to talk about them until they are aired on TV here, which means in a couple of months.
Well I don't miss the couples interraction because I honestly think none of them really match, but I miss the cases, investigations and most of all, Hodgins moments. Aaaah worth the wait though ^_^

Ok, enough for now, I'm supposed to do some basic home stuffs... :eusa-whistle:

Oh, by the way, if you want to follow me on Twitter, I'm also cutenebula ^_^ I post often because it's easy and quick :P And I'm adding pictures faster than on my site, shame on me :P

:happy-smileyflower: I promess to come back to the cbox tonight!!! If not, well come and shout my name, I'll come!!! :D

:banana-linedance: for you gang... :icon-lol:

:happy-smileyflower: Véro
word count: 502
The waffle conspiracy...

Sinkwriter72
King of the Lab

Post by Sinkwriter72 »

Just found out that one of my dearest friends has died. I'm at a complete loss. It's just so unexpected. I can't imagine not talking or emailing with her -- we used to converse several times a week, sometimes even once a day when we could manage it. She was an amazing friend. This is devastating. :(
word count: 58

skftex
TJ Team Validator

Post by skftex »

Oh Sherry! I'm so sorry! :( :(

I'm here if you need to talk. :( :( :romance-grouphug: <--but with sad smilies instead of the happy ones.
word count: 23
Blessed are they who see beautiful things in humble places where other people see nothing.-Camille Pissarro

stargazer
Conspiracy Theorist

Post by stargazer »

I'm so sorry for your loss Sherry. :cry:
word count: 8

omelette73
Super Fan

Post by omelette73 »

I'm really sorry Sherry *hug*
word count: 6

Sinkwriter72
King of the Lab

Post by Sinkwriter72 »

Thanks for the hugs and support, ladies. Right now I think I'm in half denial, half depression stage. Last night I kept waking up and thinking, "It can't be right. The universe could not have taken my friend away from me. We had so much more to talk about! She can't be gone. She just can't be." :(
word count: 61

ThyneAlone
TJ Team Validator

Post by ThyneAlone »

Sherry, I am so sorry. How terrible. Thinking of you and all your friend's loved ones. Take care and be kind to yourself - don't expect to go on as normal after something like this has happened.
word count: 38
"We make our lives out of chaos and hope. And love." - Angela Montenegro

Sinkwriter72
King of the Lab

Post by Sinkwriter72 »

Thank you, Steph.

I'm just gutted. She had become one of my best friends. Though she lived all the way across the country and I hadn't seen her in person in a few years, we emailed each other a lot. About so many aspects of life, and about family, and personal issues, and about creative writing (something we both loved), and web design (something we both did), and about everything from television shows to cooking to taking walks and taking photographs around our neighborhoods. In fact, one of the things I looked forward to most about finishing school this upcoming year was that I would finally have more time to get back to our 'epic' long email conversations, about so many topics. It kills me that we won't get to do that. We had so much more to talk about.

She was an amazing friend. One I could count on anytime, to tell me the truth, to give me perspective, to encourage me creatively, to talk with me about any topic, to discuss so many fun and interesting things. Everything was unconditional with her. Like family to me, only without the 'family baggage,' you know?
word count: 198

TJ4ever
King of the Lab

Post by TJ4ever »

So sorry to hear that, Sherry! That's so sad! Sending you a big hug! Was she sick?

Thinking of you!
word count: 21

hanneDK
Conspiracy Theorist

Post by hanneDK »

Hi ladies,

Just a quick update on my "project".. .120,9 kgs as of today :-)

Going down slowly, but it's going down nevertheless and that's the most important thing.. :-)

My next appointment is in an month, my goal is 2-3 kgs.. Will work my butt off during the circumstances.

I have a small injury in my right knee - overworked it, so step, spinning - classes that are extreme hard for the knees are banned for now. Hope to return after Easter. Have a doctors appointment on Friday and hopefully he'll confirm that it's overworked.

When I return, only step once a week unless my knee "says" otherwise.

Okay better get back to work.. catch you later.. hugs all around :D
word count: 123

TJ4ever
King of the Lab

Post by TJ4ever »

I'm feeling kinda sad today. Don't exactly know why. :?

Oh, Comic-Con is postponed again to 2014. I calculated the money I need to do that trip (habit!) and it's just too much. I cannot save that until June/July. (Maybe that's my problem - I calculate too much!) Well, so 2014 DEFINITELY!!! Upside is I can do a trip to London and maybe Liverpool at the end of this year. :-) Hope everything works out!

Well, still sad but need to go to bed now. :confusion-shrug: :sad-darkcloud: Night! :sci-fi-beamup:
Last edited by TJ4ever on Sun Mar 31, 2013 4:36 pm, edited 1 time in total. word count: 89
Angela: Well, what about love? What do you have to say about love?
Hodgins: It´s overrated-most of the time :-)

Dexter: They make it look so easy-connecting with another human being. It's like no one told them it's the hardest thing in the world.

SmackyKennedy
Bug Guy

Post by SmackyKennedy »

Hello there!

First, Sherry, I am so very sorry about your friend. ((hugs))

Happy new job and car, Simone!
And sorry about Comic Con. Pretty sure all "my" shows are going to be over by the time I can justify spending the money to go to that type of thing. :(

Go Hanne and Cally!! I'm cheering you on. You can do it :).

Vero, you know I how I feel about your stuff. I envy your talent. In France are you able to access any of these sites where you can sell your work? http://society6.com/ http://www.etsy.com Also, I know you can sell stuff on deviant art internationally or at least get it seen more and link to your website.

So, not a lot is happening with me. I've been extremely busy with work, which is wearing on me, but a good thing since I need money. I haven't had a lot of time to work on art but I'm trying to really crack down on my schedule and make time for it. Trying a little Bones painting next :).

The main excitement in my life is that I actually got a tax return for the 1st time in 4 years. New furniture time!! I had to throw out my bed/couch early December and I've been sleeping on the floor since. It's not THAT bad but it will be nice to have a bed again. I could have used to rent-a-center or financed furniture but I was waiting until the one I wanted went on sale and I could pay cash. I found a convertible couch, which is basically like slightly fancier futon. It should work perfectly for my bedroom (which happens to be the living room too). I'm also going to be getting a new kitchen table and some other items, like that Eiffel Tower lamp I've been drooling over for years. I'm mostly looking forward to making my home look like an adult lives here.

No dating or no life outside of social networking right now so yay! But then I'm not really trying so I guess I can't complain about that. I'll just continue dating TJ in my head since he makes no demands on my time. 8)

Take care everybody :romance-smileyheart:
word count: 390
"I live, I breathe, I let it rain on me. I sleep, I wake, I try hard not to break. I crave, I love, I've waited long enough." ~Not Pretty Enough/Kasey Chambers