Season 11

Discussion of TJ's most popular venture to date!
Sculder1013
Super Fan

Season 11

Post by Sculder1013 »

Hi All :)

How are we?

I haven't watched any of Season 11 yet but wanted to have a chat with y'all so thought I would start this little thread just to get peoples general opinion on Season 11.

I am going to start watching it this week so I can catch up... but what is everyone thinking about it so far? (no spoilers please if it can be helped).

Is it as good as previous seasons? Is anyone NOT enjoying it?

:)
word count: 83

peppernights
Fan

Re: Season 11

Post by peppernights »

Hi! For what counts, I am finding this season more enjoyable than s10 :) It's a bit filler up to now, but I'm pretty sure they're starting to set where they're heading. At least this is my feeling after watching the latest ep they aired. (11x08) Enjoy s11!
word count: 51

Sculder1013
Super Fan

Post by Sculder1013 »

I will certainly be starting Season 11 before the end of the day :)
word count: 13

skftex
TJ Team Validator

Post by skftex »

Well, I think so far, 8 episodes in, except for 2 episodes, most have been just okay. However there are things they are doing this season that I feel is a bit more like getting back to the roots of the show and I'm loving that. I like that they are mixing up the characters in the scenes a little more. We actually get scenes with Booth with people other than just Aubrey or Brennan. And also they are even mixing things up as where we see the people, and things like TJ mentioned today, Aubrey, Cam and Hodgins getting out of the lab together. But I like when we get to see characters together we don't see so much anymore. And also I like that we are getting a little more of Brennan leaving the lab and actually going out with Booth to investigate which was really where we started that Brennan wanted to get out of the lab. I'm liking that they definitely do seem to be moving in a direction where Hodgins has more to do, and aren't making his stories all about Angela. She should be part of it but it shouldn't be about only her. :) And in case anyone is wondering, the two episodes that stand out to me of the 8 are the one that just aired, High Treason in the Holiday Season (I love how that rhymes LOL) and the season premiere The Loyalty in the Lie, which sucked me right in, even if I was a bit let down with the second episode resolution, I still think that episode was good. :)

My biggest complaint is that they seem to have an issue with thinking they need to start every episode with Booth/Brennan at home and end it that way. I wish they'd mix that up a bit, I mean can't they be at work sometimes when the call comes in that they found a body?
word count: 331
Blessed are they who see beautiful things in humble places where other people see nothing.-Camille Pissarro

Consuelo
Fan
Mood:

Post by Consuelo »

Season 11 hasn't come to our screens in the uk :-( but I can't wait to see it :D

Consuelo xx
word count: 21
Jack hodgins Is the king of the lab:

peppernights
Fan

Post by peppernights »

skftex wrote:Well, I think so far, 8 episodes in, except for 2 episodes, most have been just okay. However there are things they are doing this season that I feel is a bit more like getting back to the roots of the show and I'm loving that. I like that they are mixing up the characters in the scenes a little more. We actually get scenes with Booth with people other than just Aubrey or Brennan. And also they are even mixing things up as where we see the people, and things like TJ mentioned today, Aubrey, Cam and Hodgins getting out of the lab together. But I like when we get to see characters together we don't see so much anymore. And also I like that we are getting a little more of Brennan leaving the lab and actually going out with Booth to investigate which was really where we started that Brennan wanted to get out of the lab. I'm liking that they definitely do seem to be moving in a direction where Hodgins has more to do, and aren't making his stories all about Angela. She should be part of it but it shouldn't be about only her. :) And in case anyone is wondering, the two episodes that stand out to me of the 8 are the one that just aired, High Treason in the Holiday Season (I love how that rhymes LOL) and the season premiere The Loyalty in the Lie, which sucked me right in, even if I was a bit let down with the second episode resolution, I still think that episode was good. :)

My biggest complaint is that they seem to have an issue with thinking they need to start every episode with Booth/Brennan at home and end it that way. I wish they'd mix that up a bit, I mean can't they be at work sometimes when the call comes in that they found a body?
I mostly agree with your opinion. This is what I think as well, but at least it feels less stale than s10. My biggest complaint about that season is that everything got so repetitive..so much that the only episodes that kept me interested were the ones about the gambling arc (other than the 200th episode, of course.)
I mean, there's still things I don't find excellent and others I like and find good.. As you said no episode (except for the premiere) particularly stood out, but on the other hand, I'm finding each installment quite enjoyable. Of course, sometimes I wish they would just mix things up more, I almost feel like they don't really want to leave their comfort zone anymore and that's a shame. Because Bones has done some pretty excellent out of the box episodes over the years. And with this I don't mean they need to kill everyone off or something to create drama, but I stll think they need to experiment a bit more. I don't know if they do it for budget reasons or schedule or something like this, but one of my biggest turn offs is the pattern which repetes itself over and over again like "BB house + body find (when it's there) + lab scene 1 + aubrey/booth + lab scene 2 + interrogation (mostly aubrey) + lab scene 3 (killer find) + arrest + final scene."
I haven't actually counted the scenes, but you have to admit the pattern is pretty much this one. I know they are a procedural and they have to fit in some schemes, but to me it doesn't necessarily mean they have to be so rigid about it.
So what I'm actually enjoying about this season is that although I wouldn't say it's excellent (for some reasons I'm not gonna bore you with) I do have to admit that it's somewhat different from the last couple of seasons, or at least it seems like the news EPs are trying to make it appear leass like them.

Brennan out in the field more (I actually prefer her in the field than in the lab, if I have to choose, since ED has less scenes than she used to. Also I find her better when it comes to speaking about normal stuff than scientific stuff. I mean in the line-delivery), Hodgins out in the field more, Hodgela screentime etc. BB are back to the banter, which is not bad.I am still waiting to understand where this season is heading, but at least I am enjoying it. 11x08 was pretty good and different. Too bad about the numbers.
word count: 784

stargazer
Conspiracy Theorist

Post by stargazer »

I agree that they need to change up the beginning and ends, how about seeing Hodgins and Angela at home with Michael Vincent a little?

I've enjoyed this season so far, my favorite episodes being the first one and also the episode with Betty White. She was hilarious and Hodgins had me rolling when he accidentally got tranquilized. LOL!! :D
word count: 60
"Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars." ~Brian Littrell

emi13
Fan

Post by emi13 »

I agree with mostly everything that has been said. I really wish that they would add in an episode that is different from their pattern but I have been enjoying season eleven so far. I really like the things that the new writers are doing and hopefully they will continue to change things up a little bit. Season 11 has definitely been more interesting to me than season 10 just because I think that the new writers have gone back to the character's roots in a way while still exploring new things. I'm excited to see the winter finale and hopefully a date will be set soon for the midseason premiere!
word count: 113
Dr. Jack Hodgins: Up and forward are only two directions. Science should look in all directions.

Sculder1013
Super Fan

Post by Sculder1013 »

I used to always joke about how every episode ALWAYS ends with 2 or more of the cast having a drink in the Founding Fathers. It seems to have changed now and is mostly Booth and Brennan's house like youve said above. I dont mind that too much...but yeah I think structure wise you pretty much always know whats coming next.
word count: 63

Akarana
Super Fan

Post by Akarana »

Oh wow, just read that after one other producer now Emily, David and Kathy Reichs are suing FOX as well. Guess this will definitely be the last season.
word count: 28
HODGINS: Well, hello, my exotic princess.
CAM: What a charmingly inappropriate greeting, Dr. Hodgins.

Sculder1013
Super Fan

Post by Sculder1013 »

REALLY?! Oh wow... why??
word count: 4

peppernights
Fan

Post by peppernights »

Well, it's not really just a producer :icon-razz: It's Barry Josephson, who came out with the initial idea of making a tv show out of Kathy Reichs' book before pitching it to Hart. He's been an EP since day one. Anyway, jokes aside, Barry, David, Emily and Kathy Reichs sued FOX because of profits partecipation, mostly. Basically FOX has done stuff to reduce fees when it came to selling the show abroad or to streaming services, so much that it would be valued less so that they could pay less..And it appears FOX owns ED and DB the 3 percent of profits (= more than 100 milion dollars each) and 5 per cent to KR. I am with the cast on this one..

Sorry if I explained it really badly. LOL
word count: 133

Sculder1013
Super Fan

Post by Sculder1013 »

Crikey!! Thats a lot of money to lose out on too!
word count: 11

ohhelloarianna
Fan

Post by ohhelloarianna »

I MISS BONES SO MUCH. The Bones Twitter account keeps tweeting that they will be back "this spring" but when exactly?! I'm worried and sad for Hodgins. I honestly can't wait to see how Hodgela will overcome this unfortunate event. Anyway, hope you all on here are handling the hiatus well. :eusa-whistle:
word count: 53
"The thought of losing so much control over personal happiness is unbearable... Like wings, they have weight... but they are a burden that lifts us. Burdens which allow us to fly."- Dr. Jack Stanley Hodgins IV (The End in the Beginning)

Sculder1013
Super Fan

Post by Sculder1013 »

ohhelloarianna wrote:I MISS BONES SO MUCH. The Bones Twitter account keeps tweeting that they will be back "this spring" but when exactly?! I'm worried and sad for Hodgins. I honestly can't wait to see how Hodgela will overcome this unfortunate event. Anyway, hope you all on here are handling the hiatus well. :eusa-whistle:
I think its probably driving us ALL crazy :doh:

Yeah i've seen the Twitter page too they keep trying to get people to watch stuff on catch up etc. I keep liking their posts. I WANNA WATCH IT ALL AGAAAAAAIN!!!!
word count: 95

emi13
Fan

Post by emi13 »

I'm super excited for tonight's episode! I'm really looking forward to it and hope Hodgins will be ok! I'm going to try and post on here after the episode. I can't wait!!!!!! :happy-cheerleaderkid:
word count: 37
Dr. Jack Hodgins: Up and forward are only two directions. Science should look in all directions.

emi13
Fan

Post by emi13 »

Ok, so last night's episode was really good! I'm so happy that Hodgins finally agreed with Anglea about kids! I feel bad for Hodgins because Cam was kind of mean to him, but at least she apologized. I'm glad he finally gets to go back to work but I think he needs to tell Angela what the doctor said. On another note: what does everyone think about Arastoo coming back? I think that Cam might break up with the other guy eventually and go back to Arastoo. Also, Christine's picture of the skeleton was so cute! All in all, I really liked the episode and am looking forward to seeing what will happen with Hodgins in the wheelchair. How did you all feel about last night's episode?
word count: 132