Offtopic Sofa Time

New arrivals, including the hello threads and the sofa.
Daniela
Super Fan

Re: Offtopic Sofa Time

Post by Daniela »

Welcome on the sick ship Thynealone. I am struggeling about a week with antiiotics as well. Damn winter time!
You know what? You can be happy that this person of teacher HOD ist gone. I am pretty sure the new co-workers will do a way better job as soon as they´re 100 % into the process included. I know it´s easy said not to let it get to you too much but try to balance with your power. No one is giving it back to you. I hope you had an amazing time with TJ. This sure helps a lot to boost yourself.
word count: 105
"My life turned around but I´m still living my dreams" - Anastacia

ThyneAlone
TJ Team Validator

Post by ThyneAlone »

Always the voice of reason, Daniela! You are so right. I think the coming year is going to be incredibly hard work but very satisfying in the end. We have a great team and we get on really well. Our Head of Department, dynamic and involved as he was to start with, was starting to poison our relationships, but I think it will do him good to follow his mid-life crisis and do something totally different. Finally, this will work for everyone.
I am so sorry you are ill. You have my full sympathy. This winter affliction is truly horrible. Gute Besserung!
word count: 103
"We make our lives out of chaos and hope. And love." - Angela Montenegro

Lonia
Super Fan

Post by Lonia »

Simone, I am late, but I still want to say "Congratulations to your 10th anniversary of the TJ Site".

Steph, I am sorry to hear that you're still having a hard time and chaos at work. But I think with the old HOD being gone it all will be better in the end. You say yourself that you have a great team and when the new co-workers know exactly what to do and how things work, I am sure, everything will finally be ok again.

Daniela, I hope you are feeling fine again.
word count: 95

ThyneAlone
TJ Team Validator

Post by ThyneAlone »

Hello!
Just wanted to send everyone best wishes and hope that you all had a wonderful TJ Christmas. For some reason there have been lots of Bones reruns during this holiday, more than usual, so I have been able to luxuriate in those amidst the various festivities. Most have been from seasons 4 and 5 so it's interesting to look back, as they are DVDs I've not watched for a while. And my best beloved got me 'Shuffle' too - ludicrous, I know, that I first saw it about 3 years ago and this is the first time I have viewed it since. Still as great as I remember.

I'm going to come sit in the chatbox tonight for an hour between 7 and 8 UK time (I'd actually prefer to put the mChat to use, as it offers greater privacy, but I know that people sometimes want to fly past and make a comment without signing in). I know not everyone is as fortunate as I am to have more than a couple of days off, but if you're free, do drop in if only to say a quick hi! :occasion-partyblower: :smile:
word count: 195

TJ4ever
King of the Lab

Post by TJ4ever »

Thank you, Martina! :smile:

Hope you all had a great Christmas. :romance-smileyheart:

I have to go to work again tomorrow for 3 days. Then back to work Jan 3rd, 2018.
word count: 28
Angela: Well, what about love? What do you have to say about love?
Hodgins: It´s overrated-most of the time :-)

Dexter: They make it look so easy-connecting with another human being. It's like no one told them it's the hardest thing in the world.

ThyneAlone
TJ Team Validator

Post by ThyneAlone »

Hi Simone!
I always feel slightly guilty about my two-and-a-half week Christmas break when other workers have to go back earlier. I hope your New Year celebrations are fun - and that goes for everyone. Difficult to feel hope in this broken world, but the turn of the year has always helped me do so.

Daniela - thanks so much for the chat last night. I really enjoyed connecting with you and hope we can do it again soon.
word count: 80

Daniela
Super Fan

Post by Daniela »

I also hope you all had a wonderful christmas. The past 5 days I spent with my Mum and aunt (my aunt came for a visit down from Hamburg), so it was never really quite. I still have off until january 2, so it´s a few days of "me time" vacation now. Not too bad either!

Steph, I can only agree. It was absolutely nice to chat with you yesterday night, I really hope we will find another aopprtunity to repeat. :)
word count: 82

TJ4ever
King of the Lab

Post by TJ4ever »

Steph, hope you feel better, soon. I was ill for a few weeks, too. Seems like a lot of people were. All the best for you and your husband.
word count: 29

Dexter: They make it look so easy-connecting with another human being. It's like no one told them it's the hardest thing in the world.

hanneDK
Conspiracy Theorist

Post by hanneDK »

:greetings-waveyellow:

Hi all, I must admit it's been ages since I have been by to say hello. I've missed you all. Some of this you might have heard but I am not sure, so bare with me.
New job, the shipping line I worked for '14-16 merged with another company and there were no room for me.
So now I work for another company, still within shipping - our office is just in the backyard of Copenhagen Airport.

I became an aunt again 3 yrs ago to a sweet boy.

In 2017 I went to Berlin for my first time book fair - RARE (Readers and Romance authors event). Got to meet some amazing authors - and the men of RARE :-) It was so much fun. If you ever get the chance look up the event on FB - can only recommend it.
Had planned to attend the event in Rome in 20ish days but due to an old back injury had returned, I deceided to cancel those plans. Not the easiest decision to make but I had to. Focus on my health. Do not want to walk around ROme with limited functions.
However in 2020 they are going to Edinburgh in which I do not want to miss. Hope to see a bit of Scotland and take a trip down to LIverpool to say hello to a few friends (you know who you are).

I better stop here. I am leaving the office in a few minutes. Hope you are all good and we'll see you maybe in the chat.

xoxo Hanne
word count: 262

Daniela
Super Fan

Post by Daniela »

Hej Hanne,

I think we don´t know us yet. You live in Copenhagen, so cool! I´m glad that you found another company because I knew the problem in the past myself.
Maybe I am going to Edinburth next year. I only heart the best of it. Hope you can catch up with the rome trip in the near future!
word count: 61

ThyneAlone
TJ Team Validator

Post by ThyneAlone »

Edinburgh is amazing. Don't miss it. I just loved everything I saw and experienced there.

And should you want to stop off en route there or back - give us a call!
word count: 32

ThyneAlone
TJ Team Validator

Post by ThyneAlone »

hi out there
Just a brief apology for not having been around (I know I haven't posted for ages but I do normally come in and have a look round every day); my husband has been quite ill for the last 3 weeks and is currently in hospital, as it's been discovered that the illness is due to a mild heart attack which apparently happened just prior to that. I'm by turns glad that it's been diagnosed and scared there might be worse to come. Coping at home but my sons are pretty miserable. I'll keep you posted.
Steph.
word count: 104

Daniela
Super Fan

Post by Daniela »

Oh no Steph, so sad to hear! I´m sending well wishes his way. Early detected a mild heart attack normally won´t cause any long term trouble as long as keeps doing what the docs advice him and have regularly check ups. However, it doesn´d mild the shock your family just had. Fingers crossed. Don´t stress about the online world, you´re needed somewhere else now.
word count: 69

TJ4ever
King of the Lab

Post by TJ4ever »

Steph, so sorry to hear that. Hope he gets better, soon, and will be back home. All the best!
Last edited by TJ4ever on Sun Aug 26, 2018 7:13 am, edited 1 time in total. word count: 19

ThyneAlone
TJ Team Validator

Post by ThyneAlone »

Thanks for your kind words, guys.
You'll be pleased to hear that my beloved has been discharged after a very difficult week.
We're not out of the woods, and I think this has been something of a wake up call. He still has the cough, he is still weak, and they are arranging (among other things) both a CT scan and an MRI for him. He also has a strict régime of various interesting-looking drugs, some on a permanent basis. So we are all going to have a fairly radical change of lifestyle 'up with which he will have to put'!

It is affecting some of our summer plans because he simply won't be able to drive long distances. We may be able to get back to a slower version of normal life, but only when my husband has finished looking at and answering the flood of emails and phone calls he has had in his absence!

Thank you once more for your love and support. It's always been like that on here - I feel I have real friends.
word count: 185

stargazer
Conspiracy Theorist

Post by stargazer »

I’m so sorry that your family is going through this Steph! I’m glad to hear your husband’s out of the hospital and home with you. I wish him a speedy recovery and I will keep my thoughts with you and your family. :)
word count: 45
"Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars." ~Brian Littrell

Daniela
Super Fan

Post by Daniela »

I´m so glad to hear that your hubby is doing better. I was just thinking about it today. It will take time, even more when he´s still struggeling with cough, etc. Everything around the heart needs patience until you find the right dose of medication but with that and a rehab program he will get better step by step. Keeping patience (and accapting the drugs in some cases) is the hardest part about it. However, the first step seems to be done. I´ll keep you in my thoughts and wish a speedy recovery!
word count: 96

Lonia
Super Fan

Post by Lonia »

I am so sorry to hear this Steph. But I am glad that your husband is feeling better and that he is out of the hospital. My best wishes to you and your family and a speedy recovery to your hubby.
word count: 41

Daniela
Super Fan

Post by Daniela »

Happy thanksgiving to all U.S. Fans of TJ. Wishing you a blessed holiday!

How is everyone doing lately?
word count: 19

ThyneAlone
TJ Team Validator

Post by ThyneAlone »

I am going to use your shoulders yet again, fellow Validators. Just very briefly - I may say more about it all later - 2018 has managed to slap us in the face once more.
My 57-year-old younger brother, who has had multiple health issues for years, was found dead by his son two days ago. We know nothing yet, and there'll have to be a post mortem, but the entire family is stunned and devastated and it's going to be a bumpy slide into the new year. Keep us in your thoughts.
word count: 95