The Random Thread

New arrivals, including the hello threads and the sofa.
Akarana
Super Fan

Re: The Random Thread

Post by Akarana »

Oh yeah you should. Just skip mid season 6 and the whole 7th season. Just watch the last episode and you're good ;)
word count: 23
HODGINS: Well, hello, my exotic princess.
CAM: What a charmingly inappropriate greeting, Dr. Hodgins.

peppernights
Fan

Post by peppernights »

Love Gilmore Girls!!! It's my other favourite show too! (I actually have 3 all time fave and they are GG, Bones and The X Files.) I've rewatched it all countless times. :)
word count: 33

Sinkwriter72
King of the Lab

Post by Sinkwriter72 »

Have you been watching the new X-Files episodes, peppernights? I've got the first 3 episodes recorded but haven't had time to watch them yet. Although... maybe a part of me is afraid I won't like the new take after all these years away from the original series that I loved so much, so I'm procrastinating? :D
word count: 60
I want to thank anyone who spends part of their day creating [& sharing their experience]. I don't care if it's a book, a film, a painting, a dance, a piece of theater, a piece of music… I think this world would be unlivable without art. ~ S. Soderbergh

ThyneAlone
TJ Team Validator

Post by ThyneAlone »

Hi, anyone out there got any thoughts on the new Doctor Who being female?
word count: 14
"We make our lives out of chaos and hope. And love." - Angela Montenegro

Sinkwriter72
King of the Lab

Post by Sinkwriter72 »

I haven't yet seen the new episode in which the change occurs, Steph, but in general I like the idea of a female Doctor. I think I can recall previous incarnations cracking jokes about being able to be anything, be it male or female, ginger or blonde or brunette, etc., so it seems fitting that at least once in a while the Doctor would come back as a woman. I know it's not the traditional route of the show, but in these times, it feels appropriate. However, no matter who the Doctor is, what I want most is for the character to retain his or her inherent characteristics. Just because he becomes a woman doesn't mean he should suddenly start fulfilling some sort of stereotypes about women. He (or now she) should still be the quirky, energetic, powerful and sometimes even fury-filled Doctor we've always known. Being a woman shouldn't change that.

:romance-smileyheart:
word count: 158
I want to thank anyone who spends part of their day creating [& sharing their experience]. I don't care if it's a book, a film, a painting, a dance, a piece of theater, a piece of music… I think this world would be unlivable without art. ~ S. Soderbergh

ThyneAlone
TJ Team Validator

Post by ThyneAlone »

I totally agree, Sherry.
I do have some sympathy with the naysayers who are all saying how wrong this is and how radically it will change the show. The internet, with its culture of soundbites, has not been kind to this bold, but I think, logical, progression. I understand the thinking. I just don't think it fits with the programme's ethos of change and mutability. I think that as long as we have a superb actor in role (and heaven knows, Jodie Whittaker has proved herself over and over) who can do her own thing but retain the Doctor's fundamental personality, the show will carry on triumphantly. As you say, it is a Doctor for our time and the Doctor has always been representative of the time he exists in. Let's keep an open mind and welcome the change. I've just seen the Christmas ep in which Peter Capaldi transforms, and even this minute or so of regeneration made a good impression. I'm looking forward to next season.
word count: 174
"We make our lives out of chaos and hope. And love." - Angela Montenegro