Calendar Boy

Archived threads that are no longer active-this section is read only
ThyneAlone
TJ Team Validator

Calendar Boy

Post by ThyneAlone »

ThyneAlone wrote:As I have said elsewhere: a calendar. Please! A calendar!
Well, either Mteam has been in here or one of you quick thinkers got in before me and requested it, because they know about it and think it's a great idea!!

They want us to vote for our favourite His City photos and then they are actually going to put a calendar together! Thank you Management, you are ace top-of-the-heap people.

If the selection was less daunting I would put this into a poll, but there are 60 pictures, so I'll just use a normal thread. Tell me your favourite 5 pictures in the 'In His City' collection and why, and Rebecca and I will keep track of them. Bear in mind that it would be nice to have at least one from each 'set' of pictures and a bit of variety. I'm afraid I'll have to set a time limit. Let's say we stop at TJ's birthday, that gives everyone 3 weeks, and we'll finish before then if it looks like it's drawing to a close. Now I'm going to muse over the difficult job of putting my five favourites together - now how am I going to do that? Oh dear, I'm afraid this might mean a long stay in the gallery...

PS This is an edit. I originally thought 2 choices each, but I have just realised how impossible that is with 60 photos, so...gimme five!
word count: 254
"We make our lives out of chaos and hope. And love." - Angela Montenegro

TJ4ever
King of the Lab

Re: Calendar Boy

Post by TJ4ever »

OK! It was very hard to choose 5. But I finally made it! :) Here they are:

BRICK 1 - this blue sweater really accentuates his beautiful blue eyes! :)

NEON 7 - he just looks hot on it! This neon effect is cool! Great colors!

zebra 5
- love all the street lights! And it was the first one up and helped me feeling better on a very bad day!

pimp 22 - it´s just hilarious!

blue glass 1
- this look on his face! really hot!

Hope that the explanations are ok! Was never really good at it! ...and I tried not to write "...because he looks so hot!" all the time! :D

I am really looking forward to this calendar! :D

Steph, do you know anything about how we can get it? It will be a calendar for 2009, right?

Simone
word count: 136
Angela: Well, what about love? What do you have to say about love?
Hodgins: It´s overrated-most of the time :-)

Dexter: They make it look so easy-connecting with another human being. It's like no one told them it's the hardest thing in the world.

ThyneAlone
TJ Team Validator

Post by ThyneAlone »

Not yet...it's just a twinkle in the eye at the moment, but we are going to make it real! Thanks for coming in on that, great reasons!!
word count: 29

sofilps
Super Fan

Post by sofilps »

This is so impossible, i mean... just 5!!!! but a calendar is such a great idea :D

I'll do my best on picking my favorite 5. Here I go.

Train 10 - That serious look on his face ... amazing.
Neon 7 - The neon lights effects goes perfectly with TJ's shirt and blue eyes.
Gang 3 - I don't have a 'rational' explanation why I like this one.
Love brit 5 - He looks like having a great time in that pic and I like that.
Blue glass 6 - oh those blue glasses make him more hot. enough explanation? lol

this was a difficult task. 8)
word count: 103
~ s o f i

skftex
TJ Team Validator

Post by skftex »

Here is mine:

Zebra 14 because I just think its cute and kind of intense. :D

Tracks 2-I just like the whole composition of that one and TJ looks kind of evil ;)

Neon 7-I like the colors on this one

Love Brit 5-Because he's smiling!

Scot 2 because it is one of the few we get to see the pretty blue eyes, plus, cool hat! And I picked the second one because TJ has kind of a slight smile in it that isn't quite there in the first one. :)

Sharon
word count: 94
Blessed are they who see beautiful things in humble places where other people see nothing.-Camille Pissarro

bonesaddict11
Super Fan

Post by bonesaddict11 »

My five favorites are...

Scott 2- Show us those pretty blue eyes!!

Neon 7- lighting, coloring, face, everything perfect!

love brit 5- i love his smile!!

Gangster 1- we all need a little gangster from tj!

Zebra 14- love the shirt!!

i think this is a brilliant idea! and thanks to the wonderful M team.

dohee
word count: 56

willowwood
Fan

Post by willowwood »

You seriously want us all too just pick five? You are kidding right? Steph? Steph? Why are you looking at me like that? o_O.....Oh alright then, here goes.....

1. Zebra 14 - That stance *melts* ok so maybe me melting doesn't count as a reasonable enough excuse to include it in a calendar. After all is there any picture within this set of shots that doesn't make us all weak at the knees? Oh alright then....*drags herself out of the fangirl puddle of goo*. I really do just adore that stance, plus the whole composition of it, and how the background is out of focus, not to mention how the orange glow of the street lights over the buildings is a perfect contrast to his black and white attire and really help him stand out accentuating the stance that just leaks confidence.

2. Love Brit 2 - I adore this shot! Simple as! And come on! Us few British fans that mingle over here have got to have our own shout out right?? Seriously I believe just everything in this shot is perfect, the outfit, the stance, the setting, I especially love the contrasting texture of the door and it's washed out shade of blue against TJ's darker blue t-shirt and white long sleeved top.

3. Blue Glass 3 - The thing I love about this photo, is how different it is from all the others. How un-posed it appears, and how if you look at his arms you can really see the slightest touch of blurred movement. Of course this is only accentuated by the blurring of the back ground and the faintest hints of drag from the various different lights.

4. Blue Glass 1 - Yet again I love this one for the composition, and how it is so very different from the one I previously mentioned, despite the fact that it was clearly taken at the same time and is obviously at the same location. I also adore how TJ is looking directly at the camera, almost as though he's looking at you on the other side of the screen...which yeah, probably sounds a little weird lmao, but that really is how I feel...and again I love the pose, TJ just has this way on conveying so much in the way he sits, stands and leans against walls...even the way he's dangling the glasses, just speak volumes.

5. Scot 2 - I just adore the outfit, and the fact that this is one of the few shots where we get a close up, view of his face and those gorgeous eyes that make us all drool so much. Plus again the background, how unlike the others, this one is plain and yet it still helps to perfectly accentuate the subject matter. Enhancing the blue of his eyes, the tones of his cap and even the somewhat paleness of his skin.

Wow! I bet you never thought somebody could analyse some photographs quite as much as that huh lmao? Guess the film-studies-degree decided to make an appearance. Anyway I really hope my, what could possibly be over done, explanations are helpful for you guys and the M-Team with picking 12 to give us all a calendar from. Either way I can't wait to see it/have it.
word count: 562
Wil xxx

Bugs_n_Slime (A community for fans of Jack Hodgins)

late_heart
Fan

Post by late_heart »

What a tough, time-consuming job. *cough*.

Train track 8: If I had to choose one of these photos for framing, this would be the one. I really dig the composition and the funkiness of it.

I love England 1: Love the pose and the texture. Wish it was a leeetle closer, though.

And to round out the top 5:
Neon 7
Blue glass 1
Blue glass 3

Thanks, guys! What a neat project.
word count: 74
...he remains Hodgins of the unstoppable libido, with the constantly coiling Kundalini, the freaky twist of mystic master meets geekzilla. He’s still a poet, a shaman of the weird, and he’s in there, somewhere...

catylin
Fan

Post by catylin »

oh dear can we just print a few calendars for the next few years and have them all :wink: haha pretty please with sugar on top :P well...my top five are (drum roll please lol)

scot 1...I dont know what it is about this one but everytime I see it my heart does a tap dance...

from the more photos section: any of him in that sexy blue shirt...absolutely stunning

neon five: what can I say...it just speaks to my heart and my head dare not deny it

brick one....I am running out of ways to say what we all are thinking...perfection in the form of one man

blue glass six: he just looks so adorable and silly in this one...mmmm...

now I can not wait until they come into print ::audable squeel of delight:: also accompanied with a little party in my seat kinda dance:-)
word count: 151

TJ4ever
King of the Lab

Post by TJ4ever »

There are some pictures on his myspace-site that are not in the gallery! :( Why is that?
There is one of him in the blue T-Shirt in front of the neon sign leaning agains a car. The close-up! It is the 7th picture. Love it! Want it for the calendar!!!

Simone
word count: 53

Dexter: They make it look so easy-connecting with another human being. It's like no one told them it's the hardest thing in the world.

ThyneAlone
TJ Team Validator

Post by ThyneAlone »

I have actually enquired about that one because I love it! Awaiting Mteam response on it...watch this space...
word count: 19

TJ4ever
King of the Lab

Post by TJ4ever »

Thanks, Steph! :)
word count: 2

Sinkwriter72
King of the Lab

Post by Sinkwriter72 »

Five pictures? FIVE? But I... nearly impossible ... see... I can't... Steph, come ON! ;)

Cruel. Really cruel, to limit me in this way. *dramatic sigh* Okay, let me try.

Right off the bat, I can say this for sure:

Zebra 14 - He's got a great attitude-filled expression and stance, and a very cool hat. I'm entertained by the striped shirt, too. The picture is modern (especially with that shirt), but because of that hat, if he were wearing different clothes and shoes (say, a suit and dress shoes), the picture would change immediately to a feeling of timelessness. It's quite cool.

Jester - Cool hat, cool scarf, fun striped shirt & vest. I love the casualness in the way he leans against the building. Very 'street artist' feel to it. I like it!

Brick 1 - There is no other way to put this... I see this picture, I want to kiss the man. *ahem* I'm sorry, TJ, I don't mean to cross a line here, but it's true. :D It's the eyes. The eyes get me. It's a well-lit photograph, all light and shadows, your beautiful blue eyes are illuminated as a result, and you are just so damned handsome in this picture. It's a casual shot, with the soft-looking sweatshirt juxtaposed against the rough-and-tumble jacket, but regardless... it's very sexy.

And now I'm stuck, because there are quite a few others that I like, all for different reasons. I'm trying to pick one from each different style, but within those styles, I like several pictures (not just one), so it's tough to choose only two more pictures. GAH! Steph, you are so mean. :mrgreen: Okay, okay...

Blue Glass 1 - All the other photos I chose were night pictures, so I want to choose one of the lovely day shots. This one is interesting to me. He's got kind of a terse, badass attitude look on his face; in fact, the way he's looking at the camera head-on makes me feel like he's looking right at me, which is both fun and disturbing. *GRIN* And I love the structure of the grand pillar behind him (along with the cracks in the cement, which give it character). As I like to say... 'architecturally, it's quite cool.' Hee.

After that, I can't choose. I've tried, but I can't narrow them down.

I'm stuck between two styles, the
Love Brits and the Neons - Love Brit 5 has that marvelous smile that says it all; it has such fun energy to it. Definitely has a brilliant lightheartedness that makes it unique in comparison to all the others. But Love Brit 4 has that lovely, long-legged, leaning stance which makes it a terrific full-length photograph, especially with the brightness of his blue shirt against the unique color of that wall, and Brit 2 is a great close-up version. No matter what, I love that color shirt on him; it's gorgeous. So, whatever you choose, pick one of these 3, and I'll be happy. *GRIN*

And for the Neon shots, I'm stuck between 11 and 3. In Neon 11, he's looking off to the side, which is good, especially if many of the other photos chosen are head-on, facing-the-camera types of shots. But in Neon 3, he's got that inscrutable yet devastating expression on his face, looking right at us, which kills me. It's so intense, as if he's looking at me like I betrayed him or killed his dog or something. LOL. If you'll pardon the unintentional rhyme, it's impressive how expressive he is, especially in this particular set of shots.

(Side note: Neon number 7 is good, but I think the neon stripes get too close to his face, whereas 11 and 3 have the same or similar heart-wrenching expression but without the lines obstructing our view.)

I give up. That's the best I can do, Steph! I hope it helps. And thanks to TJ and the M Team for giving us the opportunity to have a say. :D
word count: 704

ThyneAlone
TJ Team Validator

Post by ThyneAlone »

Talking about calendars, a very happy St David's Day to all, especially if Victoria is somewhere out there (Victoria goes by the sobriquet of Y Ddraid Goch and is the Welsh member we've not seen for a little while)!

Well, I have just realised what an impossible task I set you all. I have been here for what seems like tedious hours (yeah right :wink: ) comparing pictures! The trouble was that I wanted to go for the ones which not only were my firm favourites, but would look good in a calendar, and would reflect the 'feel' of LA as well as the feel of TJ. So my brain kept asking me whether it was atmospheric enough, whether I had chosen a good mix of night and day, close-up and full-length, variety of expression. So, you know the kind of thing, a heart-wrenching choice between Love Brits 5 & 7, as I love them both, but eventually going for 5 because I wanted one with humour in it... and then the reluctant discarding of Scot 2 (not enough background) and Pimp 12 (wonderful humour, but the wig puts me off a bit, I want to see the hair).

Soooo - not definitive I fear, and tomorrow I might go for an entirely different set, but here it is:

Gang 1 It's moody and aggressive, seizes the eye and challenges. And I love that there are soft clothing textures to contrast with all that.

Neon 1 All the neons are to die for and I love all that red, white and blue. It brings out TJ's eyes beautifully (I adored that slight blue tinge they had in the S1 lab, for the same reason). Just didn't want something that striped his face.

Blue Grass 1 ..for all the reasons already stated. There's a busy city there, and there's an individual in all this bustle just quietly contemplating the world and, again, confronting the viewer and making us think about it.

Love Brit 5 Because it's full of warmth and humour and TJ's personality. And because of the T-shirt, being a Brit myself!

Bar 4 This I like for the composition. That lone foreground figure framed by the brilliant light on one side and the sharply defined café activity on the other. The bright lights and the food and social life, but some people fall into the gaps between.

LA is portrayed in many moods here, the communicative, the dark, seamy side and the brightness and colour and movement. TJ too. Really I'd like about 5 calendars with the whole shoot in there!

I'd like to point out that in spite of all the excitement generated by this idea, only about 7 of us have voted! The vote closes on TJ's birthday. Don't let yourselves be represented by a handful of people, get in there and be counted!

:mrgreen:
word count: 490

CROactive
Fan

Post by CROactive »

Hey Steph, it's good that you made this post because I haven't even noticed that there is a voting going on!

These are the votes from the Croatian jury:

NEON 5 - TJ in my dreams saying: "I miss you so much."

LOVE BRIT 7 - From top to the bottom (hi hi).

BLUE GLASS 6 - "Be careful ladies, I have a licence to kill."

BRICK 1 - We meet on the street: "Do I know you from somewhere?" he says.

SCOT 2 - Gentle and poetic, Harvard/Oxford student look.
word count: 89
"I don't care to belong to a club that accepts people like me as members" Groucho Marx

Sinkwriter72
King of the Lab

Post by Sinkwriter72 »

Kate, I am highly entertained by your suggested 'screen captions' for these pictures. :D Funny and clever.

However, I'm sorry, but Brick 1 clearly says, "Oh, hello. I can't believe I didn't see you there before. Where have you been all my life, Sherry? Come on, take my hand, let's go for a walk."

:wink:

*wicked laugh*
word count: 59

begolden
Conspiracy Theorist

Post by begolden »

This is all very entertaining, and why I am decidedly for staying out of the judging! I trust all of you to hash it out and pick the very cream of the crop. Can't wait to see the finished product... (rubbing hands together gleefully)
word count: 45
Fan of the Orgasmic Grilled Cheese Sandwich

TJ4ever
King of the Lab

Post by TJ4ever »

BRICK 1 must be in it! Love it!
...and Sherry, I think he said "Simone"! :wink:

Take care!
Simone
word count: 18

Sinkwriter72
King of the Lab

Post by Sinkwriter72 »

HAHAHHAA

Simone, you crack me up. :D

Hope you're having a marvelous weekend.
word count: 13

CROactive
Fan

Post by CROactive »

Cat fight! Cat fight!
word count: 4
"I don't care to belong to a club that accepts people like me as members" Groucho Marx