Site Ideas And Preferences Thread

Archived threads that are no longer active-this section is read only
skftex
TJ Team Validator

Post by skftex »

I guess they want the Gossip to be like first hand news and that is why they named it that? I do associate it with the same things you said though, so I think maybe another name could be found. Maybe someone could come up with something that is better than gossip but not as ordinary as news that relates to TJ. I don't know though I know I'm not clever enough to come up with something better.

Sharon
word count: 81
Blessed are they who see beautiful things in humble places where other people see nothing.-Camille Pissarro

Sinkwriter72
King of the Lab

Re: Site Ideas Thread

Post by Sinkwriter72 »

Wow! You guys have really been playing with this site since I logged in last night. :shock: I feel the need to click around and see everything! How fun.
I guess they want the Gossip to be like first hand news and that is why they named it that? I do associate it with the same things you said though, so I think maybe another name could be found...
*ponders this* Let me think about it some more. My brain's still hazy this morning and i need to go work out to wake it up. I need some fuel! :D Anyone else think of anything, in the meantime? I'll get back to you.

Have a great day, all!
word count: 118

TJ4ever
King of the Lab

Post by TJ4ever »

First it was a little odd, but the colours a really better! Thanks! :)
I still have to get used to it by clicking around - like you did, Sherry.
word count: 28
Angela: Well, what about love? What do you have to say about love?
Hodgins: It´s overrated-most of the time :-)

Dexter: They make it look so easy-connecting with another human being. It's like no one told them it's the hardest thing in the world.

skftex
TJ Team Validator

Post by skftex »

I'm still not thrilled with the black background but I do think this is easier on the eyes than the way it looked before. I also like the little details that are there now, the arrow thingies and such. I haven't looked at it too much but what I've seen so far I like. :)

Sharon
word count: 58
Blessed are they who see beautiful things in humble places where other people see nothing.-Camille Pissarro

ThyneAlone
TJ Team Validator

Post by ThyneAlone »

Yes, still reminding and suggesting about the black background, Sharon; I have a feeling that as mere mods we don't have the whole-board control to change board style (will check!), but we can keep putting proposals. There may be limits to how much change this type of software may permit, but I have visited a board of this type with a grey and blue visual, so some alterations must be possible. I'm sure we ought to be able to get hold of more emoticons too.

Keep the suggestions coming. Obviously.
:P
word count: 93
"We make our lives out of chaos and hope. And love." - Angela Montenegro

sofilps
Super Fan

Post by sofilps »

The other day when TJ's first message was posted and I read that after it he posted again to say hi to 3 of the girls that were online I thought that it would be great to have a little chatbox in somewhere in the forum. Like lot's of forums have and when more than one are online at the same time they can have a little chat over there. Even TJ can use that to say hi every once in a while if he hasn't the time to make a message of the length of the one he did. :P

Do you guys think it would be possible? I know it's not difficult because I did it in my own forum and if you need any help with it I can help you.
word count: 137
~ s o f i

ThyneAlone
TJ Team Validator

Post by ThyneAlone »

I'm a mod and not an admin; admin has control over that one. It depends on what is possible with the software Ben is using on this part of the site. I agree it is a good idea, but would it get much use, given all our time differences? I don't know about any other UK users, but I am almost never on with anyone else.

If there's a strong interest I'll pursue this one to see if it's possible.
word count: 85

catylin
Fan

Post by catylin »

while my brain is completely turned off right now due to a fluttering heart which is continuously in awe of the gorgeous and amazing person whom TJ appears to be I am sure I can come up with something once my breath comes back...::sigh:: TJ..need I say more
word count: 50

sofilps
Super Fan

Post by sofilps »

but would it get much use, given all our time differences?
mmmm... good point. When I'm online I also never coincide with anyone else. But, this forum will keep growing and at some point there will be people from all around the world (hopefully!) and then it would be more useful perhaps.
word count: 53
~ s o f i

ThyneAlone
TJ Team Validator

Post by ThyneAlone »

catylin wrote:while my brain is completely turned off right now due to a fluttering heart which is continuously in awe of the gorgeous and amazing person whom TJ appears to be I am sure I can come up with something once my breath comes back...::sigh:: TJ..need I say more
Ah catylin. You sound like an absolutely ideal new member. Welcome and big hi. Have you seen the gallery? Or would you prefer to wallow in our newly-posted part one of our fan interview in the articles section? Or just ask for more of anything. TJ never disappoints!

Sofi - definitely will consider that.
word count: 106

catylin
Fan

Post by catylin »

hello hello hello!!!!

I have a magnificent idea! Maybe there could be a section where TJ could ask us...his dearly devoted fans...questions. I dont want to sound presumptuous(spelling?) but he seems like the down to earth perfect kinda guy who would like to better get to know his fan base...and I know we would all swoon at any chance to answer any of his questions as he has been so kinda and helpful with helping us to better get to know him.

Good night all :)
word count: 89

ThyneAlone
TJ Team Validator

Post by ThyneAlone »

Hey Catylin, good to see you making your way around and having fun! You've been really nice about us and we love having you here.

Indeed a brilliant idea. I know this because I *takes bow* have already put it forward. It got a good reaction here and I have put it to management but it's on the back burner at the moment, there are so many things that need doing! Never fear; we'll get round to them all. I think TJ would like doing that, when he has time to think up 5 or 6 questions.

Steph x
word count: 102

catylin
Fan

Post by catylin »

why steph that was ever so sweet and might add ::blush:: haha That is simply amazing!!! I am so excited to see what this year has to bring to all of us and TJ. Thanks again to everyone here (including those genius's who put together this stupendous site) for making this feel so carefree, fun and just like an all out amazing time.
word count: 63

ThyneAlone
TJ Team Validator

Post by ThyneAlone »

One of these days I wanna try hold a party on here. Everyone around at the same(ish) real time together - we'd need to allow for as much as an 8 hr time difference but it's possible, I've done it elsewhere. People dropped in and out whenever they were available, posting to each other. It's much easier in chat but it works with postings. We gave each other virtual presents (when you open it you can decide what it is, so you never get anything you don't want), played all our favourite music, danced and had virtual decorations, food and drink (no hangovers either and no probs for the vegans because all the party food is what you want it to be). I got the idea for a sofa from that, because we all more or less believed in this comfy party room we had put together, so much so that when a friend and I were online together the next day we pretended to clean up the mess. Picking crisps out of the carpet, emptying dregs out of plastic cups and finding strange stains on the couch. Don't look at me like that, it was fun, do you hear me, Fun!
And wouldn't it be great if TJ could join us, think of that! Woohoo!
word count: 223

catylin
Fan

Post by catylin »

oh boy! haha I knew today would be a silly day when I won on that scratch off ( 2 dollars woohoo!!) but now I know what I will be daydreaming about all day...hopefully I manage to keep all my fingers at work ( I work at a deli) but wow...thats just amazing and hey, while I wish we could all meet in person( I would strongly refuse to leave that party haha) an online party sounds just splendid! but well...its kinda a party everyday on this site isnt it?

hahaha...still giggling...teehee

and dont worry, I would never look at you like that, id help you create stories how all those things had to have happened :P
word count: 119

bonesaddict11
Super Fan

Post by bonesaddict11 »

Yay!!! Partay!!! I'll bring the cyber soda, cyber cookies, and of course a big box of cyber fun!!!! haha. silly me. :mrgreen:

Sounds like a good idea Steph.
word count: 28

late_heart
Fan

Post by late_heart »

ThyneAlone wrote:One of these days I wanna try hold a party on here.
What a great idea! A bunch of friends did that in the old days of AOL -- there were 6 of us from 3 U.S. time zones and the UK, and we'd meet every Thursday night and talk and howl -- and there was a fair amount of drooling. :D And everyone here is so much fun -- we'd have a blast.

It was like having a party at home without the clean-up.

I'm in!
word count: 90
...he remains Hodgins of the unstoppable libido, with the constantly coiling Kundalini, the freaky twist of mystic master meets geekzilla. He’s still a poet, a shaman of the weird, and he’s in there, somewhere...

begolden
Conspiracy Theorist

Post by begolden »

Splendid suggestion! If anyone can make it happen, it would be Steph. We are counting on you, Darling! (I'm only good for bringing the virtual beer...)
word count: 27
Fan of the Orgasmic Grilled Cheese Sandwich

catylin
Fan

Post by catylin »

oh boy it already sounds like the best virtual party there ever was!!! I bake some pretty party in your mouth kinda brownies...not those kind for those with active imaginations lol...lets get virtual with some of those too....woohoo party in my seat...im already to party :o
word count: 49

sofilps
Super Fan

Post by sofilps »

That party idea sounds great and I'm in! I did something like that with the people on my bones forum, but instead we used a msn conversation...every once in a while we organize one and we get all crazy about the show and the latest news. Speaking of which it's been a while since I don't do one....anyway Let's Party!
word count: 66
~ s o f i