The Introduce Yourself Thread - Hello everyone!

New arrivals, including the hello threads and the sofa.
skftex
TJ Team Validator

Re: The Introduce Yourself Thread - Hello everyone!

Post by skftex »

Hi Simone, yes I saw the request this morning and accepted the request. YAY! I have six friends on there now. :mrgreen:

Sharon
word count: 22
Blessed are they who see beautiful things in humble places where other people see nothing.-Camille Pissarro

XrayVixen
Fan

Post by XrayVixen »

Hey all you TJ-adoring fans-- If you posted your Myspace link then I've sent you an add request! :lol:
Might I say that the people on here are so nice! It has always amazed me how people who live across an entire continent from each other can become compadres and care about one another. My faith in humanity hasn't quite been restored, but it's a start :wink:
Hope you all have a terrific night!
word count: 76
"I always wanted to be somebody, but I should have been more specific." -- Lily Tomlin

late_heart
Fan

Post by late_heart »

XrayVixen wrote:Hey all you TJ-adoring fans-- If you posted your Myspace link then I've sent you an add request! color]

Hey! I got your note! Thank you... I tried to send *you* an invitation to my page, but your profile's still set to private so it wouldn't take. I'm a myspace failure, generally, but I think you need to either unlock your profile or send an official myspace invite.

*pokes myspace with sharp and pointy sticks*

~~Annie
word count: 83
...he remains Hodgins of the unstoppable libido, with the constantly coiling Kundalini, the freaky twist of mystic master meets geekzilla. He’s still a poet, a shaman of the weird, and he’s in there, somewhere...

catylin
Fan

Post by catylin »

Thank you annie for the laugh and for all those lacking faith in most (emphasis on most) humanity just come here and revel in all that is tj ( may I say perfect...I think its an understatement) and all of his wonderful adorning public...because every person here is just plain amazing and spectacular and everyone involved in this site gets a pat on the back and a gold sticker...fun!!! I hope everyone has a good night and day and everything in between

love love love,
catylin

p.s. the only way to get myspace it to have someone close by who knows computer lingo :P
word count: 106

XrayVixen
Fan

Post by XrayVixen »

Sorry Annie. I got your message, and I sent you a reply over at Myspace. I also made my profile more public (for now) *wink*.

And I have to add-- American Idol is on in the background (not an Idol watcher usually) and Ryan Seacrest is a freakin' hottie tonight! Why am I just noticing that now? Anyway...
Have a terrific night everybody! :D
word count: 63
"I always wanted to be somebody, but I should have been more specific." -- Lily Tomlin

late_heart
Fan

Post by late_heart »

Thank you, xray... I saw that, and had fun reading your page. Now I get the 'xray' part -- and there's something else we have in common. We'll have to chat about that!

Sadly, for me the Myspace experience is what I'd imagine s**tting tinfoil would be like, but since my other half and her BFF now blog over there I've tried to be a good sport and take part.

We'll see how it goes... ;)

~~annie
word count: 81
...he remains Hodgins of the unstoppable libido, with the constantly coiling Kundalini, the freaky twist of mystic master meets geekzilla. He’s still a poet, a shaman of the weird, and he’s in there, somewhere...

Sinkwriter72
King of the Lab

Post by Sinkwriter72 »

First off, I'm sorry I've gotten so behind on keeping up with all the threads! Wow. I have much to catch up on.

Secondly, a great big resounding HELLO and WELCOME to Catylin and Kate! :D Great to 'meet' you here online. I hope you enjoy yourselves here on TJ's site.

Catylin, your exuberant enthusiasm is infectious. In a good and delightful way, of course. ;)

begolden wrote:I find it helpful to bring your digital camera with you everywhere--you never know when you're going to see something blog-worthy. What may be dull and familar to you might be interesting to someone from a different part of the country/world, so take a chance!
Great point, Rebecca. And you know what they say, if you don't bring your camera, those are the days when you find something you wish you'd been able to take a picture of. *GRIN*
CROactive wrote:Hi everyone,
I'm totally new here... coming from far far far away (you're all Americans?), so please do not laugh if I don't quite understand your local expressions.
I'm Kate, a Croatian girl (if you followed ER, and know dr. Luka, than you'll understand where I'm coming from, i.e. am sitting this very moment).
I don't spend much time surfing, but I will most certainly find a moment or two to join your TJ discussions.
Kate, your English is just fine. And if you have any questions about any expressions we use, please don't hesitate to ask for clarification. We'll be more than happy to explain. It's such a delight for me to get to meet people from all over the world in this way. It wasn't that long ago when the Internet wasn't so accessible or available (or even in existence), so this is marvelous! I would love to learn more about you and your country. :D

P.S. It's been a while since I've watched ER, but yes, I absolutely remember Luka, the very handsome Croatian doctor. I especially loved the episode where he recited lines from Hamlet in his native language, which -- as I've read -- actor Goran Visnjic has done many times, whenever he has the opportunity, when he goes home to visit. That's very cool!

Again, welcome to you both. I look forward to reading your posts, whenever you have time to contribute. By the way, since I forgot to say at the beginning of my post, I'm Sherry, also known as Sinkwriter72.
word count: 430
I want to thank anyone who spends part of their day creating [& sharing their experience]. I don't care if it's a book, a film, a painting, a dance, a piece of theater, a piece of music… I think this world would be unlivable without art. ~ S. Soderbergh

TJ4ever
King of the Lab

Post by TJ4ever »

Hey Sharon and Catylin! Thanks for the add! :)
Simone
word count: 9
Angela: Well, what about love? What do you have to say about love?
Hodgins: It´s overrated-most of the time :-)

Dexter: They make it look so easy-connecting with another human being. It's like no one told them it's the hardest thing in the world.

xxmeg
Fan

Post by xxmeg »

hey, my names meg, im 16 and i live in uk, and of course, love tj! especially in bones (:
erm....i dont really know what else to say :roll: lol

word count: 29

ThyneAlone
TJ Team Validator

Post by ThyneAlone »

That's all we need, meg! Welcome, welcome. Enjoy. We all love TJ! I'm in UK, whereabouts are you? :D
word count: 20
"We make our lives out of chaos and hope. And love." - Angela Montenegro

CROactive
Fan

Post by CROactive »

Hi Meg,
I'm quite new over here as well. So, welcome.

Tell us a bit more about you.
word count: 19
"I don't care to belong to a club that accepts people like me as members" Groucho Marx

bonesaddict11
Super Fan

Post by bonesaddict11 »

Hi Meg!! Nice to see a new face around here. :)
Tell us alllllll about you!!! Don't worry, we're not crazy psycho stalkers :wink:
word count: 24

CROactive
Fan

Post by CROactive »

Aha! Hello Indiana... Bonesaddict... are you there? With this bl...y time difference I cannot get anyone on-line with me.

What's happening? I've just been watching the Memoirs of a Geisha and I'm totally teary.... athough it is not the first time I saw it.

It's almost midnight over here and it would be a good idea to get some sleep. My super-active son is usually waking me up at 6 a.m., disregarding completely my cursing and swearing, but he is with his granny over the weekend, so I can sleep a little bit longer... And, here I am, enjoying some TV and web-walks at the same time, because I rarely have a chance to do it without interruptions.

So, who is on?
word count: 131
"I don't care to belong to a club that accepts people like me as members" Groucho Marx

ThyneAlone
TJ Team Validator

Post by ThyneAlone »

I would have been on earlier, Kate, but I have been a good little girl finishing off a rather wearisome set of reports. As I'm in the UK I am only an hour behind you and we could arrange to meet up when I am around more often (probably after Easter would work for me). Btw, FYI I think most of our active members are about 6 hours behind you, which is not an impossible gap tp bridge but does take a bit of calculation!
word count: 86

skftex
TJ Team Validator

Post by skftex »

I've checked before and I'm 8 hours behind Zagreb time! Which makes it harder to be on when you are Kate. :( And I'm 7 hours behind England. I know with my friends in England that I get up in the morning and they are already talking about what they did during the daytime! :?

Its almost 6 p.m. here right now. :)
Sharon
word count: 65
Blessed are they who see beautiful things in humble places where other people see nothing.-Camille Pissarro

ThyneAlone
TJ Team Validator

Post by ThyneAlone »

:? Ooh now that's odd, and very interesting...

When you posted at nearly 6pm, Sharon, it was 12.58 here. 7 hours, indeed. However, if I check the time zones for Texas, you ought to be 6 hours behind GMT (or so says my website of choice - I've been into this for ages, having organised 'parties' on my other site)and working on Daylight Savings, which would make only 5 hours' difference!

Obviously you're the one who's right, that's a no-brainer, but I wonder why there would be a discrepancy on the time zone site that could make a huge difference for a business meeting or some such.

10.06 am as I type this, so you must be about 3 o'clock in the morning? I wonder if I ought to make a time thread so we know how far apart we are time wise?
:) :twisted:
word count: 151

CROactive
Fan

Post by CROactive »

Good morning Steph, it's now 11:37 am, a beautiful sunny Sunday morning in Zagreb. I see people enjoying their pre-lunch walks. I have this Sunday totally for myself and I'm a bit lost, as I have forgotten how it feels to have absolutely nothing to do.
I think I'll just invite my best friend over...

Has anybody heard about TJ? How did he spent his birthday?

Have a beautiful and relaxing Sunday, all of you.

Kate
word count: 81

ThyneAlone
TJ Team Validator

Post by ThyneAlone »

We too have had a lovely sunny morning an hour behind you, Kate; but now rain is starting to spit ungenerously and we have severe weather warnings on the western coasts for tomorrow! Apparently waves could be 10 metres high with flooding!
Lovely.
Children are hyper hyper in the wind. Must be all that oxygen!
:roll:
word count: 55

Sinkwriter72
King of the Lab

Post by Sinkwriter72 »

Don't forget that this weekend marked the time change as part of Daylight Saving Time, so that might be throwing off everything in your calculations (for this weekend, anyway). I admit, I totally forgot about the time change, so I lost an hour this morning. I woke up, thought it was about 7 AM and that I was being totally productive and up early for a change, only to notice that the clock on the TV was an hour later. Crap. ;)

It's currently 8:31 AM here in Illinois. That's Central Standard Time. Not sure how many time zones are in between you and me, Steph. I thought it might be six hours, but I could be wrong.

Are you having a lovely day?

Also, hi to newcomer Meg! Welcome! :D
word count: 133

ThyneAlone
TJ Team Validator

Post by ThyneAlone »

Hi *wave**hug*
Yes, I am having quite a nice day in that it has been productive. Lots to do though, work wise. Just finished writing up some pastoral interviews I've been doing over the last week...phew!
You'd think I'd be glad to finish Friday, wouldn't you? But no - off I go again, very early on the 17th (as early as it can be actually - midnight) for a masochistic week at an adventure centre in Normandy with 30 11-year-olds. Rebecca will be looking after the board for a week and I will no doubt have endless posts to review when I get back early the following Saturday morning!!

You're dead on with your times, Sherry. At the moment you are 5 hours in our wake. But once we start daylight saving (30th March) we'll be the usual 6 hours apart again.
word count: 150