The Introduce Yourself Thread - Hello everyone!

New arrivals, including the hello threads and the sofa.
skftex
TJ Team Validator

Re: The Introduce Yourself Thread - Hello everyone!

Post by skftex »

Hi Steph! I imagine the problem is that all of Texas except the far western part is in the Central Time zone, so indeed you'd be seeing Texas as 6 hours off BUT-I live in that far western part which is in the Mountain time zone. I don't know what site you use but look at the little bit next to Mexico and up near New Mexico-there should be a split there of time zones. Now I'm only 6 hours behind you. :)

This is what I use to determine world times:
http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/full.html :mrgreen: I'm in El Paso, and just look for London for England's time. Looked for Zagreb for Kate!

Hope you have fun on your trip to Normandy! Sounds great to me except for the 30 11-year olds. :shock:

Sharon
word count: 143
Blessed are they who see beautiful things in humble places where other people see nothing.-Camille Pissarro

ThyneAlone
TJ Team Validator

Post by ThyneAlone »

I had a feeling that was it. I did recall seeing a split zone and wondered if you were in it. I do refer to your site but also this one cos I have a thing for pretty coloured maps!!!http://www.worldtimezone.net/
Too right about the kids. Normandy is gorgeous at this time of year but all those children outside school hours, that's a bit much! :wink: They absolutely blossom there though and acquire a real enthusiasm for the culture and the country, so I guess the exhaustion is worth it!
word count: 93
"We make our lives out of chaos and hope. And love." - Angela Montenegro

bonesaddict11
Super Fan

Post by bonesaddict11 »

:shock: :?: :roll: I'm so confused. All i know is that I'm in the same time zone as Sherry.

Have fun in Normandy Steph!!!
word count: 23

Sinkwriter72
King of the Lab

Post by Sinkwriter72 »

ThyneAlone wrote:Hi *wave**hug*
You're dead on with your times, Sherry. At the moment you are 5 hours in our wake. But once we start daylight saving (30th March) we'll be the usual 6 hours apart again.
*waves, then hugs back* :D

You have a different daylight saving date than we do? I didn't know that. I guess I assumed everyone all over the world changed at the same time. Of course, I admit I've never really thought about it much. Hee.

Sorry to hear about the masochism, Steph. (Heh, that sounds naughty.) I hope you have a marvelous time in Normandy with the (wow) thirty 11-year-olds. Eek! Better have extra energy stored up for that trip!

bonesaddict11 wrote: :shock: :?: :roll: I'm so confused. All i know is that I'm in the same time zone as Sherry.
Whoop! Let's hear it for the Central Time Zoners! ;)

*does a little dance* :mrgreen:
word count: 157

sofilps
Super Fan

Post by sofilps »

Whoa, so many things!

First, welcome to Meg to the message board! We'd love to hear a little bit more from you ;)

Second, good luck Steph with your trip to Normandie, you'll have some great time for sure, but 30 11-year old's can be exhausting so I'll also tell you to charge very well your batteries and I'm sure that Rebecca will do a great job guarding the board while you're not here.

Lastly, I don't know how am I regarding all your time zones...but I know that I'm 2 hours behind the GMT...and it's 3:32 am here and most of the time when I hit the board I find myself alone in here :? (in exceptions of some opportunities.)

And that's all, I'm off to sleep because it's veeeery late in here and if not tomorrow...or in several hours, I'll not be able to get up at a reasonable time...
word count: 168
~ s o f i

xxmeg
Fan

Post by xxmeg »

ThyneAlone wrote:That's all we need, meg! Welcome, welcome. Enjoy. We all love TJ! I'm in UK, whereabouts are you? :D
I live in Hastings, which is in the South East :)

How about you?
Thanks guys.
xo
word count: 38

begolden
Conspiracy Theorist

Post by begolden »

Welcome Meg!
word count: 2
Fan of the Orgasmic Grilled Cheese Sandwich

StellaMaris
Fan

Post by StellaMaris »

Hello everyone :P

I'm new here and just wanted to say that I really love this site.
Great job - well done :!: :!:

Looking forward to have interesting chats with like-minded people :wink:

Sorry, but it had been a long day so I'm not very inventive tonight.
I'll promise to do better next time.

Cheers,

Melanie
word count: 56

ThyneAlone
TJ Team Validator

Post by ThyneAlone »

Hallo Melanie!
Willkommen bei uns! Thank you for letting us know you think we are doing a good job; we aspire to improve the site even further in the future, so don't forget to tell us if you have any good ideas!
StellaMaris wrote:Sorry, but it has been a long day so I'm not very inventive tonight.
I'll promise to do better next time.
Please don't feel you have to be a performer on the boards! It is enough that you are with us and share our appreciation of TJ. We look forward to hearing more about you. Thank you so much for joining us!
Alles Gute,
Steph xxx
word count: 114

Sinkwriter72
King of the Lab

Post by Sinkwriter72 »

Welcome, Melanie! :D

So glad you came and joined us. Hope to see you contributing to the various conversations, whenever you are able.

~ Sherry
aka Sinkwriter72
word count: 25
I want to thank anyone who spends part of their day creating [& sharing their experience]. I don't care if it's a book, a film, a painting, a dance, a piece of theater, a piece of music… I think this world would be unlivable without art. ~ S. Soderbergh

bonesaddict11
Super Fan

Post by bonesaddict11 »

A big hello to MELANIE!!!

It's great that you could join us!!!

Hope to see you around :wink:

~Dohee
word count: 19

StellaMaris
Fan

Post by StellaMaris »

Thank you so much for your warm welcome, Steph and Sherry and Dohee.
Puts a very big smile on my face :D

@Steph - your German is perfect :!: Has it something to do with the fact that you are a teacher?

Sinkwriter72 wrote:Hope to see you contributing to the various conversations, whenever you are able.
I will do my best :lol: Seems I have a lot to catch up with.
Honestly speaking I didn't watched the show right from the start. The first time they showed it here was in October 2006.
I missed the first season on TV completely (shame on me - I know :oops: , but I compensated that lack of "information" by buying the DVD)

But when I started to watch the series I was infected. I loved the character Jack Hodgins right away. TJ is just awesome!!

Still I have no idea about the first 12 or 13 episodes of the second season (did I already mention that I started to watch this show veeerrrrryyyy late??????) Unfortunately the second season had not been released on DVD here so far........

But this site offers lots of information. And as soon as I'm familiar with everything, I promise to contribute as much as I can :!:

Hope to read you all soon,

Melanie
word count: 212

bonesaddict11
Super Fan

Post by bonesaddict11 »

StellaMaris wrote:Honestly speaking I didn't watched the show right from the start. The first time they showed it here was in October 2006.
I missed the first season on TV completely (shame on me - I know :oops: , but I compensated that lack of "information" by buying the DVD)
That happend to me too! I actually caught on to it very late into the third season. At first i didn't think much of it, but later on i decided to buy the season dvds and i got hooked. I'm not exactly sure when Hodgins became my favorite character, but it think it was around the time of 'Man in a Fallout Shelter' :D
StellaMaris wrote:Still I have no idea about the first 12 or 13 episodes of the second season (did I already mention that I started to watch this show veeerrrrryyyy late??????) Unfortunately the second season had not been released on DVD here so far.......
The second season is so good!!! If you missed the first 13 or so, that must mean you havent seen Aliens in a Spaceship. Oh that ones very intense. and very TJ oriented. :)
word count: 191

TJ4ever
King of the Lab

Post by TJ4ever »

Hallo Melanie!
Herzlich Willkommen!
Another one from Germany! Great! :)
Come over to the sofa and tell us a bit more about you.
Simone
word count: 23
Angela: Well, what about love? What do you have to say about love?
Hodgins: It´s overrated-most of the time :-)

Dexter: They make it look so easy-connecting with another human being. It's like no one told them it's the hardest thing in the world.

StellaMaris
Fan

Post by StellaMaris »

Hi Dohee,
bonesaddict11 wrote:That happend to me too! I actually caught on to it very late into the third season.
So glad that I'm not the only one who didn't watch the show right from the start :lol:
bonesaddict11 wrote:I'm not exactly sure when Hodgins became my favorite character, but it think it was around the time of 'Man in a Fallout Shelter' :D
Ohhhh that episode :!: :!: :!: Is it okay when I say that I forgot how to breathe when TJ had that scene wearing nothing but a towel :?:
Yes, I think that's one of my favorite episodes as well :mrgreen:

bonesaddict11 wrote:The second season is so good!!! If you missed the first 13 or so, that must mean you havent seen Aliens in a Spaceship. Oh that ones very intense. and very TJ oriented. :)
No I didn't saw that episode - aaaahhhhhh :cry: . You made me really curious now. As soon as I have seen it, I will let you know :wink:
word count: 165

StellaMaris
Fan

Post by StellaMaris »

Hallo Simone,

Another German fan here - good to know :lol:
That's great!

Sofa ? Sounds comfy to me. The perfect ambiance to chit-chat a little.
Let me get a cup of tea first :wink:

Bis später,

Melanie
word count: 37

ThyneAlone
TJ Team Validator

Post by ThyneAlone »

Hi melanie, noch einmal!
No my German is far from perfect - I'd love to be completely fluent, but I don't get the chance to visit often or long enough. I do however teach it, and French also. It's my mission to dissipate the lazy attitude English natives frequently have towards language study and help kids to appreciate and understand other cultures!

Your English, however, is excellent and it is lovely to see you posting more. Keep it up!

Steph
word count: 82

asc
Fan

Post by asc »

Hello everyone

Recently joined and thought it was about time I said hello to everyone....so hello :lol:

I was actually wondering something.... Is T.J. short for something?? I cant find much information on the web :?

Anyways - Hello from Denmark...
word count: 40

TJ4ever
King of the Lab

Post by TJ4ever »

Hello asc!
Welcome! Hope you like it here.
I was already two times in Denmark. Can´t remember the names of the cities but I will look it up and tell you! Loved 'Legoland'! :)
Have fun!
Simone
word count: 37

Dexter: They make it look so easy-connecting with another human being. It's like no one told them it's the hardest thing in the world.

TJ4ever
King of the Lab

Post by TJ4ever »

Melanie, do you have a myspace- site?

Simone
word count: 8