The Jack And Angela Relationship

Discussion of TJ's most popular venture to date!
saburcat
Fan

Post by saburcat »

KimberHodgela wrote:Yah! More cat people!! I'm all for dogs, too, and I'm really not biased on animals at all. But right now I've got cats in my life, so cats are what I love most. I love how you refer to your non siamese cats as 'normal' ones! :) Are the siamese a little bit wacko?

I have one siamese, too, her name's Finnegan. She's turning 7 this month, but she still acts like a little kitten. My other cat is 'normal', too ... Gracie Lou. Well, as normal as a nearly earless cat can be!

I'm going over to post my faves on Victoria's thread, too...
I grew up with Siamese so I had never had a non-pedigree cat, one that was a just a regular cat. Rox and Murphy are my first two, and it took a while to get used to them. Siamese are high strung and VERY talkative, and they have very loud, distinctive voices. They don't just meow, they demand. When Roxie meows it's this tiny little girly meow and I'm just not used to it (even after having them three and a half years). I like my Charla, in my face, meowing at me like the house is on fire. Not a lot of people can stand the Siamese disposition.

I always had dogs growing up too, and plan to get one eventually, but I don't have time for one now. But, since I'm quitting my job in a month to become a substitute teacher, I'll have more time, so...

All my cats are indoor cats, never go outside (well, Charla tries when I leave the door open too long and then I have to chase her around the neighborhood threatening bodily harm until I'm able to grab her, which isn't easy, since she's very fast). We do have some strays in the neighborhood who are very friendly, and one of them got hit by a car earlier this year. I was very sad, he was a sweetie.

Sorry we got so off topic here, but it is nice to get to know people.

Weez
word count: 367
Imagination is more important than knowledge ~Einstein
But without knowledge, what kind of imagination will you have? ~me

ThyneAlone
TJ Team Validator

Post by ThyneAlone »

OK now that was all extremely interesting, and I like getting to know people too. What's your present job Weez and where (and whom, and what) will you be teaching?
You know what I am going to do (when I'm finished my dinner, which is imminent, my brilliant-cook man tells me)? I am going to make a Getting To Know You thread where we can talk about ourselves and our fascinations outside TJ to our heart's content. Have to go and eat now though!
word count: 88

KimberHodgela
Super Fan

Post by KimberHodgela »

ThyneAlone wrote:You know what I am going to do (when I'm finished my dinner, which is imminent, my brilliant-cook man tells me)? I am going to make a Getting To Know You thread where we can talk about ourselves and our fascinations outside TJ to our heart's content. Have to go and eat now though!
That was a fab idea, Steph! I love the "Getting To Know You" thread! I'm a bit of a nosy parker, and I find it interesting to know things about who I'm talking with! Kudos on starting that thread (which I've joined you on, now!). :)
word count: 107

KimberHodgela
Super Fan

Post by KimberHodgela »

saburcat wrote:I grew up with Siamese so I had never had a non-pedigree cat, one that was a just a regular cat. Rox and Murphy are my first two, and it took a while to get used to them. Siamese are high strung and VERY talkative, and they have very loud, distinctive voices. They don't just meow, they demand. When Roxie meows it's this tiny little girly meow and I'm just not used to it (even after having them three and a half years). I like my Charla, in my face, meowing at me like the house is on fire. Not a lot of people can stand the Siamese disposition.
My Finn is not 100% Siamese, or at least not that I know. She's a rescue, and her previous people didn't give much info on where she was acquired. She almost looks part Maine Coon as well, but she's got the big blues to boot. She is very, very demanding, but she hasn't got much of a voice. She chatters quite a bit, but when she does, it's as though she's whispering! I guess if she did have the full, loud Siamese voice, she'd get me evicted!
word count: 209

Y Ddraig Coch
Fan

Post by Y Ddraig Coch »

People seem to fall into 2 camps-either love the Siamese personality or loathe it.Like Marmite really :lol: They certainly won't be ignored.
word count: 24

ThyneAlone
TJ Team Validator

Post by ThyneAlone »

Forgive offtopicness for just one post, people, I am just going to pop this note at the end of all our legit threads to keep that stupid spam at the foot of the page till it's removed...
word count: 38

begolden
Conspiracy Theorist

Post by begolden »

Recently, a group of us watched "The Skull in the Desert" and then talked about it over on TV.com. It seems like the writers were already thinking about putting Jack and Angela together at some point in the future when they wrote that episode, as there appears to be some foreshadowing of the relationship.

First, we have Jack's irritation with Angela's choice of boyfriend and desert vacation venue, and secondly, Angela's heartfelt talk with Brennan about not getting a second chance at love after Kirk's death. I suppose we've talked this to death on the other website, but it's still fun to go back and look at all the subtle little moments in season one that foreshadow the Jack and Angela relationship. And by the way, TJ did a great job in that first scene! I remember watching it when it first aired and wondering at Hodgins' strong reaction to Angela's vacation with Kirk. At the time, it didn't make any sense for Jack to react in that way, but now, in hindsight, it's obvious that he was feeling some jealousy even then.
word count: 193
Fan of the Orgasmic Grilled Cheese Sandwich

willowwood
Fan

Post by willowwood »

I agree there was definitely some heavy flirtation between the two of them, even towards the beginning of the first season in my own personal opinion. I'm thinking as early as The Boy in the Bush, "How come you've never invited me over to your house?" "I didn't get that kind of vibe off of you", and even if it wasn't exactly scripted there were definitely some looks going on between the two of them, even if they were more on Jack's part than Angela's lol.
word count: 92
Wil xxx

Bugs_n_Slime (A community for fans of Jack Hodgins)

begolden
Conspiracy Theorist

Post by begolden »

willowwood wrote:I agree there was definitely some heavy flirtation between the two of them, even towards the beginning of the first season in my own personal opinion. I'm thinking as early as The Boy in the Bush, "How come you've never invited me over to your house?" "I didn't get that kind of vibe off of you", and even if it wasn't exactly scripted there were definitely some looks going on between the two of them, even if they were more on Jack's part than Angela's lol.
Early on I remember thinking that if Jack is such a horndog, why isn't he hitting on Angela? Although there were all those little moments, it was as if Jack considered Angela off-limits to him, for whatever reason. I suppose this could be explained with some fanfiction (didn't you write some early Jack-meets-Angela fic, Wil, or am I thinking of someone else?).
word count: 161

ThyneAlone
TJ Team Validator

Post by ThyneAlone »

Someone did, and it was very convincing, I remember reading it. Maybe it was the work thing that created the barrier to start with, and TJ himself did say that the vibe felt more brother/sister to him in the initial stages.
word count: 42

willowwood
Fan

Post by willowwood »

begolden wrote:(didn't you write some early Jack-meets-Angela fic, Wil, or am I thinking of someone else?).
Yeah I did write The Little Guys are the Worst, which is based around Angela's first day at the Jeffersonian if that's the one you're reffering to.

Lol, with early Hodgela I have to admit that I love their conversation in the Man in the Morgue where Angela says that she's still waiting for a Baby-Tee with the 'Big Easy' written across it and he's like 'we're all waiting for that' rotflmao.

I really do love their Season One banter.
word count: 107
Wil xxx

ThyneAlone
TJ Team Validator

Post by ThyneAlone »

Yep that's the one I remember. It was a really good fill-in of missing info. I like the season 1 exchanges too. And some of those little moments of embarrassment in S2 were priceless. 'The woman I love' and 'strange place for 2 people to fall in love'! Brilliant stuff!
word count: 52

willowwood
Fan

Post by willowwood »

Thanks. Yeah I also love it when Jack gets all embarrassed, especially as TJ plays it so well....hell TJ plays everything well lol, but he does have a really good grasp on Comedy and his expressions are priceless. He really makes Jack, such a sweet and likeable guy who you can't help but fall in love with.

Also have we always had 'Fan' underneath our name or is that something new? to stop spammers?
word count: 76
Wil xxx

ThyneAlone
TJ Team Validator

Post by ThyneAlone »

Rebecca's got 'baby admin ' under hers! Do we finally have a mod?!!
word count: 13

begolden
Conspiracy Theorist

Post by begolden »

Oh my... I just noticed what you're all talking about... So, do I have forum superpowers now? Or is this merely a title I've earned for having a lot of posts? (although you've recently surpassed me, Steph! You go Girl!).

Well, just checked, and no new superpowers yet--LOL!
word count: 52

ThyneAlone
TJ Team Validator

Post by ThyneAlone »

I expect admin'll let you know. Hasn't he pmed you? I got a msg saying he was looking into making frequent visitors mods so that they could dispose of spam, and then I noticed your tagname. Check round and see if you have power to edit or delete other posts besides your own. If you are in there, I won't have to post as often, will I? :wink: :)
word count: 70

KimberHodgela
Super Fan

Post by KimberHodgela »

Wow! Ladies. Congrats! I really have to come around here more often. I'm thinking about not working anymore, and coming 'round here to join in conversations instead! (Though my bank account might not like that).

Congrats on being credited a "Baby Admin", Rebecca!. Perhaps that way, you can have the power to dispose of those pesky little spam messages. I see another has popped up as I am putting in my 2c. Grr. Do you think it's actually people joining the Boards to talk TJ? Or just random people joining to post spam messages?
willowwood wrote:Thanks. Yeah I also love it when Jack gets all embarrassed, especially as TJ plays it so well....hell TJ plays everything well lol, but he does have a really good grasp on Comedy and his expressions are priceless. He really makes Jack, such a sweet and likeable guy who you can't help but fall in love with.

Also have we always had 'Fan' underneath our name or is that something new? to stop spammers?
Ah, yes. TJ does play everything well, doesn't he? I really can't imagine anyone else in that role. Can you guys? I always think about that, and I think there was a bit touched on this in the S1 DVD set. I believe it was in the commentary with Hart and Barry, for the pilot. They spoke about the actor hired to play Creepy Oliver. They said he originally tried out for Jack's role (or was it Zack's?), and they thought he was too similar to the other actor already cast. Okay, that's going to bother me now. I have to go and check that out...

And yes, Wil, I noticed that you and Steph were "Fan"s, and I got upset. But I see now that I am a "Fan" too! Yah!
word count: 312

KimberHodgela
Super Fan

Post by KimberHodgela »

Okay, it was Zack. The guy who played Oliver had originally tried out as Zack. But he had the same "feel" as TJ, so they couldn't give him Zack's role. I only recently watched the Pilot with the commentary, but it was really good. Very informative, and I learned all sorts of things. Like that the last scene, where they're all together at the grave, was one of the first scenes they shot. So the cast didn't even really know each other!

I think the entire cast is just amazing, and knowing them as we do now, I can't imagine any other actor/actress in the roles! I mean, imagine another actor as Jack Hodgins! It just doesn't work, does it? :)
word count: 127

ThyneAlone
TJ Team Validator

Post by ThyneAlone »

It's worth another thread 'Who else can you visualise in these roles and why?' Except you probably wouldn't get any replies!
word count: 23

ThyneAlone
TJ Team Validator

Post by ThyneAlone »

Oh goodness, I've just noticed, I've been labelled a 'Super Fan' since last night! Does that mean I've passed a posting quota or something? 100, possibly? Come on guys - we are all super fans, aren't we?
word count: 40