Offtopic Sofa Time

New arrivals, including the hello threads and the sofa.
TJ4ever
King of the Lab

Re: Offtopic Sofa Time

Post by TJ4ever »

Hey Dohee! Sorry to hear that about your ankle. Hope it´ll be better, soon!
Steph, hope your son is doing ok, now!

Rebecca, great to hear from you again.

I know I haven´t been here for a week! Sorry! But at work the stressful season has started, and when I am home I am pretty much exhausted.

Nothing really happened this week. Oh, my tap dance class started again last friday! That was fun!

Till soon!
Take care!
Simone
word count: 81
Angela: Well, what about love? What do you have to say about love?
Hodgins: It´s overrated-most of the time :-)

Dexter: They make it look so easy-connecting with another human being. It's like no one told them it's the hardest thing in the world.

ThyneAlone
TJ Team Validator

Post by ThyneAlone »

Back from a weekend away with the other half in Wales - minus kids! Specifially, our old favourite haunt Llandudno, where we spent a few days last summer together before son no.1 went off to uni. We did all those corny British seaside things like strolling along the prom and going round the tacky souvenir shops. The weather was unbelievably cold, I believe it snowed elsewhere in the country (there's April for you). We were foolhardy and took the tram up to the top of the mountain, well, the Great Orme isn't exactly a mountain, but high enough for a cable car, and had our faces whipped raw by a freezing, banshee wind. Later we took comfort in the biggest cups of hot chocolate I've ever seen, steeped high in cream and marshmallows. Ah the little treats in life.
I am back at school tomorrow so will be a less frequent visitor; I'm trusting you all to keep us going till next Monday and to have your reviews ready for Tuesday!
word count: 175
"We make our lives out of chaos and hope. And love." - Angela Montenegro

StellaMaris
Fan

Post by StellaMaris »

As Simone invited me to join you on the sofa - here I am :lol:

She said I should tell a little more about me - here we go.

I'm in my 30's single and working for a Japanese company at the aircon division and I'm responsible for purchasing. I really like my job. As our factories are mostly located in Asia (only one is in Europe) you get in touch with so many different people and of course different cultures. That is so interesting!!

My roomies are 8 paws, called Emi and Tiger. Siblings, 12 years of age and I "found" them 5 years ago at a animal shelter. There is nearly nothing more relaxing than a purring cat that lies beside you on the sofa, when you return from a hard day at work. At least for me :mrgreen:

Family and friends are the most important people in my life. They are just great. Always supportive and always there for me when I need them. No matter what. I have no idea what I would do without them....

I'm not much of party person. I'd rather invite friends over for dinner and have a funny gaming night with them.
I love books - I'm a book nerd. I can't pass a book store, without going in......
Beside that I have various interests. I really like music and going to concerts. Most favorite band at present - "Editors". And I think Amy Winehouse is just great!!

I have a soft spot for the old classics like the Bronte sisters or Jane Austen and I love Shakespeare. We have a small Globe Theater close to the city where I live. And every year during summer there is a Shakespeare Festival. It includes productions from all over the world. This year a Shakespeare company from Japan will attend. We will go and see "All's well that ends well", "Hamlet" and "The merchant of Venice". I'm so looking forward to it.

Do I come across a little boring :shock: :?: :?: Hopefully not, because I'm so not boring at all. I laugh a lot and I think I can say that I'm a funny person.
What else, I like to go to the movies, TV series, shopping (what can I say - I'm a just a woman :lol: ), traveling and so much more.

Time to come and end for today.
In one hour a friend of mine will come by and I'm still wearing this "sunday-no-need-to-go-out-loll-on-the-sofa-outfit". I think you ladies know what I mean. Anyway, he shouldn't see me like this :wink:

Melanie

word count: 443

ThyneAlone
TJ Team Validator

Post by ThyneAlone »

Boring indeed! I think if you have the stamina to read the rest of this thread (no, no, not all at once, stop hyperventilating; best in bite-size chunks!), you'll find that all we TJ lovers are fascinating and intelligent people with a huge range of interests; everyone will love hearing about you. I'm a book junkie too, though I get no time to read any more. Your job sounds incredible, all those different people and cultures!

Shopping is not just a female weakness you know. My 19-year-old son is addicted to clothes buying (creating an 'image' I gather) and my husband is a fan of classical and brass band CDs - he has hundreds!
word count: 118
"We make our lives out of chaos and hope. And love." - Angela Montenegro

begolden
Conspiracy Theorist

Post by begolden »

Welcome Melanie!

I've been away myself visiting my sister and nephew in Flagstaff, Arizona. It's good to be back!

Sorry about your boy's leg, Steph. Hard to keep a fellow that age down long enough to heal properly, eh?

I had RK done on my eyes when I was in my mid twenties (that was the procedure back in the 80's that has since been replaced by lasik). My vision then was 20/600. It corrected to 20/20, and I enjoyed wonderful eyesight until the last few years when I began to need reading glasses.
word count: 100
Fan of the Orgasmic Grilled Cheese Sandwich

TJ4ever
King of the Lab

Post by TJ4ever »

Just wanna say 'Hi'! :) Sorry I couldn´t visit the whole week. Still very busy at work. Won´t be better till the end of November, but I´ll try to come here more often! Promise!

Hey Melanie! Thanks for telling us a bit more about you! It was not boring at all! Your job really sounds interesting! I really like cats, too. Don´t have any but consider to get one. Maybe when I am 40 and still not married! :roll:
Hope we can talk a little more, soon! Gotta go!
StellaMaris wrote:
and I'm still wearing this "sunday-no-need-to-go-out-loll-on-the-sofa-outfit".
Hey I am wearing the same outfit just now! What a coincidence! :wink:

Simone
word count: 123

Dexter: They make it look so easy-connecting with another human being. It's like no one told them it's the hardest thing in the world.

sofilps
Super Fan

Post by sofilps »

StellaMaris wrote:
My roomies are 8 paws, called Emi and Tiger. Siblings, 12 years of age and I "found" them 5 years ago at a animal shelter. There is nearly nothing more relaxing than a purring cat that lies beside you on the sofa, when you return from a hard day at work. At least for me :mrgreen:
Welcome Melanie! I have a cat too and is the most wonderful thing in the world. Besides TJ right? hehe...I know that If i'm reading a book or something lying in bed he has to come and sit on my lap just to take the attention of whatever thing I'm reading to him. And he sleeps like a human being. head on the pillow and under the blankets. a weird cat, that's for sure.

WOW, I haven't been here in ages!! Tomorrow is Bones day! and I'm like super excited, though I'm going to see it a few hours after the ones living on the US because I'm not there and I have to wait till a friend of mine *cof*send it to me*cof*

I'm glad to say that I'm in the process of writing a letter to TJ to request his autograph... :mrgreen:

Well I'm off now to go see the other topics..

hugs
word count: 224
~ s o f i

bonesaddict11
Super Fan

Post by bonesaddict11 »

sofilps wrote:I'm glad to say that I'm in the process of writing a letter to TJ to request his autograph... :mrgreen:
Whoaa. you can do that? write letters to TJ? I like handwriting letters. =)

And welcome Melanie!! I like cats too. I used to have one. But i must say that i like dogs better. :wink:

sofilps wrote:Tomorrow is Bones day!
Yes i know!!! I am super duper excited (haha i said super duper. that's how excited i am)!!!!!!!! I've seen the previews for it and it looks pretty good. Unfortunately i have a tennis lesson tomorrow so i may miss the first couple minutes. Maybe not. I hope not!! Sorry for all those non US people who don't get to see it tomorrow. =(
word count: 129

sofilps
Super Fan

Post by sofilps »

bonesaddict11 wrote: Whoaa. you can do that? write letters to TJ? I like handwriting letters. =)
Yeah, there's a FOX address to where you can send letters, and it goes for everyone in the cast, you just have to change the name :P
word count: 42
~ s o f i

skftex
TJ Team Validator

Post by skftex »

First off, Welcome to Melanie!! It wasn't boring at all to read about you. I have to say I am always so impressed with the English from all of you living in non-English speaking countries. You all seem to have a better grasp on it than some of the students at the school I attend. :roll: And I can't speak any other language (though I know smatterings of French and Spanish, I can't speak them).

I don't know if I'll get to see Bones tonight or not. It comes on at 7 pm here and I have a class from 7 pm to 8:40 pm on Mondays and Wednesdays. :( I have it set to record but whether I'll get a chance to see it tonight after class or not remains to be seen.

Still, excited that its back! WOO HOO :mrgreen:

Sharon
word count: 148
Blessed are they who see beautiful things in humble places where other people see nothing.-Camille Pissarro

sofilps
Super Fan

Post by sofilps »

skftex wrote:I have to say I am always so impressed with the English from all of you living in non-English speaking countries. You all seem to have a better grasp on it than some of the students at the school I attend. :roll: And I can't speak any other language (though I know smatterings of French and Spanish, I can't speak them).
Well that it's true, I am from a non-English speaking country and I also think that it's amazing the level of English that people from around the world has. In almost every school English is taught as a 2nd language, is THE international language, THE business language, even though studies might say that Chinese is becoming the new top language -I read something about it in school a year ago so I don't know how accurate that can be. I can speak Spanish (d'oh! hehehe) and a little bit of French and that's it.
word count: 165
~ s o f i

bonesaddict11
Super Fan

Post by bonesaddict11 »

skftex wrote:And I can't speak any other language (though I know smatterings of French and Spanish, I can't speak them).
I can speak korean. =) Not super well though. i used to be fluent when i was younger, but not anymore.

I watched bones!!! I was so excited and everything, but i realized it was my dad's birthday tomorrow so i had to go buy him a present after my tennis lesson. so i missed the first couple of minutes where they show the actual crime. There was some of Sweets in it too, so you guys can evaluate that i guess...when you see it. :)

Oh and House and Lost are coming back soon!! to any house and lost fans out there.

=]
word count: 126

KimberHodgela
Super Fan

Post by KimberHodgela »

bonesaddict11 wrote:Oh and House and Lost are coming back soon!! to any house and lost fans out there.
Woo hoo to House's return! Although Bones is aired on Fox, we in Canada (or at least Manitoba) have it overrun by the Canadian station, Global, which airs it at the same time. So although I didn't get a preview for next week's Bones, I saw a preview for House!
word count: 72
Dude, what you call being a conspiracy theorist I call being well informed - Dr. Jack Hodgins

TJ4ever
King of the Lab

Post by TJ4ever »

Hey Kimber! Great to see you here again!

I love `HOUSE`! Wish I could watch the new episodes!

Don´t have my computer for about a week, so I will be back here I guess on Sunday 27th. Hope you´ll miss me! :wink: :D

Simone
word count: 44

bonesaddict11
Super Fan

Post by bonesaddict11 »

Hi everyone. the weirdest thing happened here today!!!

Sherry, i'm sure you know what i am talking about.

There was an EARTHQUAKE!!! In INDIANA!! well more of an aftershock. God it was so crazy. it happened at like 5 in the morning. I actually slept right through it. i am usually awake by then to get ready for my morning soccer training, but i guess i was really tired or something. When my friend asked me if i felt the earthquake i thought she was crazy. But i saw on the news that there was an earthquake in Illinois and there were a bunch of aftershocks all around.

Did you feel it Sherry?

and just to note, i just rewatched man in the mud and i realized hodgins had an iphone!!! how cool is that??
word count: 136

begolden
Conspiracy Theorist

Post by begolden »

I saw it on the news the next morning. Glad to hear that people made it through ok. Thought we here in California were the only ones who had to worry about quakes!
word count: 33

sofilps
Super Fan

Post by sofilps »

bonesaddict11 wrote:
and just to note, i just rewatched man in the mud and i realized hodgins had an iPhone!!! how cool is that??
First, good to know that you're ok after the earthquake!

second, I noticed it, and Brennan had an apple computer too. Looks like Apple is investing on the show (?) heh
word count: 55
~ s o f i

Sinkwriter72
King of the Lab

Post by Sinkwriter72 »

Hi, all! How've you been? :D

I'm in such a good mood today. Spring is finally peeking her head out where I live. The trees are still bare, but I went for a long walk this morning and noticed bushes starting to sprout buds of green, and bright clover on the ground, and there were daffodils blooming, too. I love daffodils. Such a cheery yellow flower -- perks my mood right up anytime. Anyway, I've got the balcony door to my apartment open, letting the fresh air breeze in through the screen door tonight, and it's warm and smells heavenly and clean and beautiful. What can I say? I'm high on fresh air tonight. LOL. I love Spring! I'm so glad it's finally here, because I don't think I have to tell you, winter was kicking my ass. It was sucking the life out of me.

Let's see. Before I forget, quick message for Melanie: Book nerd = very cool person. 8) In fact, I think your interests are mighty fine! Don't let anyone ever tell you differently.

bonesaddict11 wrote:Hi everyone. the weirdest thing happened here today!!!

Sherry, i'm sure you know what i am talking about.

There was an EARTHQUAKE!!! In INDIANA!!<snip>
Did you feel it Sherry?
I swear to you, Dohee, here in Illinois I didn't feel a thing. LOL.

I got up that morning and saw the news, and I was like, where did this happen, southern Illinois? Because I felt nothing.

(Callie, that's your cue to start singing from A Chorus Line now. Come on, let's hear it: "Okay, Morales, what did you feel?") :mrgreen:

News reports showed some nasty damage to some people's homes and businesses. Fairly terrible, though I'm sure nothing near what usually hits California and the surrounding areas. Seriously, I was baffled. I figure it must have been southwest of me. But they said people in the control towers at O'Hare Airport felt it quite strongly, and that's only 45 minutes away from me. *shrugs* All I know is nothing was knocked over in my apartment, and I didn't wake up at all during the night, except for my usual tossing and turning, so I don't think it affected my area. Thankfully.

Wacky!

Last weekend I drove my grandma and two of my aunts to Milwaukee for my niece's baptism (that would be Riley, for those of you who may recall when she was born, from earlier in this thread). And the weekend before that, my sister came to kidnap me on a Friday afternoon, and drove me to her house, where I spent fun time with her and her husband and their two kids Dane and Sydney, and then she drove me home again that Sunday night. It was just what I needed, to get away for the weekend, forget about some of my recent stresses, play and laugh with my nephew and niece, and talk and play games with my sister and brother-in-law. My sister kept apologizing because the kids were all over me, clamoring for my attention -- when she had planned to bring me there to relax and mainly hang out with her (especially since she knew I'd been feeling very down lately) -- but honestly, I loved it. We ran around at the park and made up silly names for yogurt flavors and made faces at each other; in general, they made me laugh, and that was terrific. And when it came time for me to leave, my nephew (who's 4) looked down at his shoes, avoiding eye contact with me, then whispered, "I'll miss you" ... and my heart just melted to complete mush. :D

Other than that, not much else going on with me right now. I've got to start getting boxes and packing up all my stuff, in prep for moving out of my apartment. No idea where I'm going. No new job yet either. (Hence the moods of frustration and depression of late.) I'm trying very hard to stay positive, no matter what happens. NOT EASY, but I'm trying my best.

All right, I think I've sufficiently clogged up this thread for the time being. Just wanted to pop in and say hi, and let you know I'd been thinking about you. Hope you all are doing fabulously well, wherever you are!

All my best,
Sherry
word count: 748

TJ4ever
King of the Lab

Post by TJ4ever »

Hi! I am still here! :) Hope you are all ok!
I was at FedCon on April 18-20! Really great! I am a SciFi-Fan, too! It started all with Star Trek Next Generation! During the last 4 years I did not visit this convention or any other convention, but this time some of the TNG stars were there and I thought I visit it again. Kevin Sorbo, Jamie Bamber, Michael Shanks, Peter Jurasik, BRUCE BOXLEITNER :) , etc. were there, too. Met some old acquaintances. Got some autographs! Did a picture with Bruce Boxleitner! Actually the whole event was really fun. Maybe I´ll go again next year!

Have a few free days now! :) Today is an official holiday. I have a free day tomorrow, too. Have to go to work on Monday again.

Take care!

Simone
word count: 136

begolden
Conspiracy Theorist

Post by begolden »

Ah, reminds me of my Next Gen days, and the huge Star Trek Creation Conventions that used to be held yearly up in Los Angeles. I was fond of dressing up like Dr. Crusher... back in the day...

Sounds like you had a great time!
word count: 45