Bones 2.19/3.11 Player Under Pressure

Discussion of TJ's most popular venture to date!
sofilps
Super Fan

Re: Deleted Scenes From "Player Under Pressure"

Post by sofilps »

ThyneAlone wrote:New interesting angle on the LJ spoiler site.
http://community.livejournal.com/bones_spoilers/
The latest post here is about PUP. It's apparently just been shown in Spain in its original form! A viewer has kindly given a description. Now I wonder if anyone recorded it..
I ordered my friend in Spain to record the re-run of the eppie. yes, I demanded her to record it! I want to see it like..NOW, not in 2 weeks! Lucky for me as I'm in Argentina I have no problem with the dubbed thing. So I'm waiting...if it gets to me before it's aired in US I'll spread the eppie for you all. ;)
word count: 120
~ s o f i

ThyneAlone
TJ Team Validator

Post by ThyneAlone »

You little star, thank you!!
word count: 5
"We make our lives out of chaos and hope. And love." - Angela Montenegro

sofilps
Super Fan

Post by sofilps »

not a problem ;)

Speaking of which my friend told me that the son of a friend of her father (just a little bit complicated! heh) recorded it and as soon as it gets to her hands she'll send it to me. :D
word count: 42
~ s o f i

sofilps
Super Fan

Post by sofilps »

maybe it's not a good idea to post the links directly here you know...so I already have it. If anybody wants it just send me a PM and I'll give you the links. *wink*

Remember the eppie is dubbed in spanish.
word count: 44
~ s o f i

Sinkwriter72
King of the Lab

Bones 2.19 Player Under Pressure

Post by Sinkwriter72 »

When am I going to learn? I reeeeeally need to not eat dinner right before I watch this program. :D

The opening sequence with the smooshed body... ewwwww! Kudos to the makeup and effects departments. Truly gross.

More comments later. ;)
word count: 39

Sinkwriter72
King of the Lab

Re: Bones 2.19 Player Under Pressure

Post by Sinkwriter72 »

Ladies and gentleman, best line of the night goes to TJ Thyne. :D

Said to Cam, in regard to her personal blender, which he took from the kitchen, in order to blend maggots into puree (I really can't recall why he did that, because the sight of those nasty little things in a blender was enough to make me squirm and forget almost anything that came immediately afterward). Anyway, Cam pointed out that it was her blender (for FOOD, you know), and Hodgins said cheerfully...

"Don't worry, I'll rinse it out."

:lol:

Absolutely disgusting, but I laughed so hard.

Remind me again, why they didn't air this episode last year? Was it because it was set to air not long after the Virginia Tech horror? I definitely appreciate that they wanted to be respectful and sensitive, that's a very good thing, especially since there was an incredibly tense moment at the end of the episode involving a guy and his gun, and I really couldn't predict which way it was going to go. But what happened in that scene was not rampage-type subject matter, so I think they would have been fine airing this episode last season. Maybe not immediately when they planned, but it still could have been aired before the season was up. What did you all think?

Personally, I was very sad not to see the original footage of TJ and Michaela. As I understand it, other countries may have gotten the original scenes? We in the U.S. definitely did not. While the TJ scenes were probably from when they originally filmed, because they involved general lab stuff so no conflict of storyline there, they did not air anything in which TJ and Michaela were together. Michaela's scenes were separate from him throughout the episode. Her new stuff made me laugh, she was very funny, but at the same time I'm so sorry not to get to see their work together, when Hodgins supposedly tried to propose to Angela. I really hope they include what we didn't get to see when the S3 Bones DVDs come out, as part of 'deleted scenes.'

Generally funny episode all around. Am I crass to have laughed at the innuendo tonight? Hee. Everyone 'explaining' with veiled commentary what was going on, all the 'get it?' jokes and 'know what I mean, I think I know what you mean, no what do you mean' lines amused me tonight. Especially Zack's face, going through confusion, realization, and then reaching a 'huh' kind of an expression, when the others allude to how the evidence may prove two of the male basketball players were having sex. When one of them was murdered. Of course, evidence eventually led to another, slightly different conclusion, but still, the facial expressions and conversations amongst the Squints were fairly priceless throughout the episode tonight. But I may be in a weird mood. You'll have to tell me if you thought it was funny.

And I don't want to give too much away, for those who haven't watched it yet, but ... Hodgins and Angela ... filmed... in their *ahem* special storage room... by a security camera? Oops!

Heh heh hehhhhhh

Angela's reaction was hilarious. :mrgreen:
word count: 546

begolden
Conspiracy Theorist

Post by begolden »

Hey Sherry,

Thanks for the summary! I still have 30 minutes to go here on the West Coast. You've saved me from being disappointed later when I see for myself that there is little Jack and Angela interaction in this episode. However, that last bit you mentioned makes it sound like the episode at least alludes to their relationship. Ah, the return of the Jack and Angela storage room trysts! God, how I've missed them...
word count: 77
Fan of the Orgasmic Grilled Cheese Sandwich

Sinkwriter72
King of the Lab

Post by Sinkwriter72 »

Wait till you see, Rebecca. Ohhh, wait till you see. They aren't actually in any scenes together, not really, but ... the tryst allusion is still pretty funny. :D

P.S. I hope I didn't give too much away, and ruin the episode for you! I've been trying to avoid spoilers this season. I don't know if you were trying to do the same, but I hope I didn't wreck it for you. :?
word count: 76

begolden
Conspiracy Theorist

Post by begolden »

My other name is Spoiler Whore.
word count: 6

Sinkwriter72
King of the Lab

Post by Sinkwriter72 »

HAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAAAAAAA

:lol:

*still laughing very hard*

Rebecca, you're awesome. I adore you. :mrgreen:

Enjoy the show, and definitely come back and let us know what you think!
word count: 26

Sinkwriter72
King of the Lab

Post by Sinkwriter72 »

P.S. I've got a question.

Do you think TJ and Michaela had to record all that heavy breathing for the security tape we don't see but can certainly hear?

Just asking. *innocently blinking*

:D

Maybe that's something for TJ to answer in his questions thread. Hehhh.

All right now, it's getting late. I'm signing off for the night. Sleep well, everyone.
word count: 66

begolden
Conspiracy Theorist

Post by begolden »

Regarding the security camera tape (which we only get to hear and not see), it sounded like it was a loop of the opening shot of the Cleopatra bed scene when Jack breathes out heavily and Angela laughs. It's the same sounds played over and over again to sound like they're having sex--that's my theory anyway.

What really bugs me about this episode is that it's very obvious that it is from last season; from Hodgins old hairstyle and beard to the absence of Sweets. Angela and Cam have a couple of conversations that place the episode most definitely pre-engagement. It is pointless that the proposal scene was cut when the whole thing plays like a rerun from season two. I'm pretty sure where the cut proposal scene was in this episode, because during Angela's first conversation with Cam she seems bothered and annoyed when Cam innocently assumes something about her relationship with Hodgins.

Anyway, except for the axing of what would have been the highlight of the episode, it was nice seeing a new episode from second season. So far, I'm not liking season three much at all.
word count: 198

KimberHodgela
Super Fan

Post by KimberHodgela »

Hi ladies! I see we all thought the same thing about last night's episode ... not enough Jack/Angela scenes!! Taking into account the fact that the "cut" scenes were probably Jack/Angela related (the second (?) failed attempt at a proposal), then I think that those scenes should have been replaced with more scenes along the same line.

The bits with Cam and Angela were pretty funny ... and I adored Angela "reviewing" the tape, and seeming to enjoy it ;) Just sad that we didn't get to see her share that with Jack, and see what *his* impressions were! I also agree with you, Rebecca, I think the heavy breathing and laughing we heard were from the Cleopatra's Bed Scene of last year - because it's obvious that it's their voices (TJ's especially!).

Other than the lack of Jack/Angela - I did love the absence of Sweets, and it was nice to see TJ back in his beard and curls look. I've definitely missed the curls - but I kind of like him stubbly, rather than full-on beard. As I already mentioned, the Cam and Angela bits were pretty hilarious, and Jack and Zack doing their skull/grate experiment with chicken skin and "Ambrosia salad" (help me out here - is that the gelatinous type salad with fruit/marshmallows in it?) was pretty hilarious.

And as you've already mentioned, Sherry, TJ's line about "I'll rinse it out!" after using Cam's PERSONAL blender to blend maggots/whatever bug that was ... that was priceless. :lol:

B/B was a bit more subtle, which I enjoyed, and the case was another one where I had the killer pegged from the start. Oh well! Hopefully we'll start getting better plots as the season goes on (or wraps up, rather!).
word count: 302
Dude, what you call being a conspiracy theorist I call being well informed - Dr. Jack Hodgins

ThyneAlone
TJ Team Validator

Post by ThyneAlone »

Ah, I'm keeping up, thank goodness for video sites; I rather wondered what all the fuss was about and couldn't really see how it related to the dreadful Vtech event. Pretty much up to standard for S2 - more subtle BB than we've seen this season, good ensemble, some really nice comic touches (particularly with Hodgins and Zach, I've been dying to see that turkey scene play out! Fun with Angela and the security footage too!) disgusting corpse with plenty of liquefied bits (how on earth did Hodgins locate blue lipstick in there, and on a cockroach??), ok plot. But the lack of Jack and Angela did make it less special for me, knowing what had been lopped off in bleeding chunks. Nice throwback to The Curls though, as you say.

I'm with Rebecca on the general impression that S3 has not reached the heights of 1 & 2. Bits of it have been a little caricaturish. Bring on Birimbau and let's get him over with. I'm seriously in need of a little new fanfic, ladies, ooh I haven't reviewed the one Annie sent me, will do that I promise.
word count: 196
"We make our lives out of chaos and hope. And love." - Angela Montenegro

sofilps
Super Fan

Post by sofilps »

Okay, for everyone ranting that they didn't get to see the original footage of Hodgins & Angela... here they are.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3avIDsLotfk

with subtitles in english as it is dubbed in spanish. I apologize for the mistakes you may found of spelling and grammar/tenses because I noticed them after I uploaded it to YouTube so I couldn't change it.

enjoy y'all! :P
word count: 69
~ s o f i

bonesaddict11
Super Fan

Post by bonesaddict11 »

whoaa. where'd you get the video??

niceee

but do they have it in English anywhere? it would by nice to hear his actual voice. :D
word count: 25

Sinkwriter72
King of the Lab

Post by Sinkwriter72 »

I'm hoping they'll include the English-language version of those scenes on the S3 Bones DVDs (under 'deleted scenes'). I really can't imagine why they wouldn't -- they could include a Hart audio explanation for the deleted scenes and what they had to do to create the replacements.

Here's hoping, anyway! I'd like to hear the full scenes with the actors' true voices, for sure. But I did watch your video clip, Sofi. Thank you so much for posting it for us. I wish they'd made the same decision to show the original footage in the U.S. as well. Still, what they replaced it with was funny, so it's nice to see both. :D
word count: 121

begolden
Conspiracy Theorist

Post by begolden »

Thank you soooooo much, Sofi--that was fantastic! Even dubbed, their words and facial expressions were priceless. Glad you gave us a chance to see this right after seeing our butchered PUP!
word count: 32

KimberHodgela
Super Fan

Post by KimberHodgela »

Wow, Sofi ... THANK YOU!!! That was awesome!! Did the original episode air for you last year, or did you find this online somewhere? Either way - your subtitles were great - and I thoroughly enjoyed the dubbing ... the woman who does Cam sounds so angry!! :)

I remember some of that from the sides I read last year (at the height of my Spoiler Whoredom), like the part with Angela quizzing Hodgins on her birthday. It was even cuter in person! The last scene was amazing, though, and I love how poor Hodgins is turned down for the proposal, and assumes they are breaking up ... that breaks my heart on his behalf.

I agree with Sherry, this had better make an appearance on the 3rd season DVDs as an extra - and an audio commentary with Hart would be splendid. Thanks again for posting this for us ... it reminds me of the Bones that I love ...
word count: 152
Dude, what you call being a conspiracy theorist I call being well informed - Dr. Jack Hodgins

sofilps
Super Fan

Post by sofilps »

The original PUP aired 2 weeks ago in Spain. Since then I've been trying to get it. A friend of mine that lives there was supposedly was going to get it for me a week ago but she couldn't so, I went through all the places I know to download it, and finally I made it. And I saw it..last friday. I really don't like the dubbed, in fact I hate it lol but it's funny.

I do hope too that these scenes appear on the S3 DVD's because I'd like to watch it with their own voices. And after all I don't know what was the big deal of pulling the episode off the season and editing everything. They better have a good explanation for this because I can imagine it's not funny to have the episode edited. It's not even funny for me that I have the two versions! -and by the way the scene in the SUV with Brennan and Booth was also added (when they are going back to the gym to talk to the coach and everything).

you're very welcome all. :)
word count: 197
~ s o f i