Will this site ever be updated?

Archived threads that are no longer active-this section is read only
iseeyou
Fan

Will this site ever be updated?

Post by iseeyou »

I know it's not a high traffic site, and that the people who run it surely must have many other sites to manage, but I am pretty stunned- I checked today after not coming here for a bit and the main page is still dated February! What is going on? Surely it cant be too hard to slap the long awaited "part 2" of TJ's interview on the site! I really hope they are running this site for TJ for free!
word count: 83

ThyneAlone
TJ Team Validator

Re: Will this site every be updated?

Post by ThyneAlone »

I have avoided getting back to Mteam on this because they pleaded being overwhelmed with jobs around the period of TJ returning to work. However, you're right - they need a reminder. I have passed on lots of ideas for site improvement as suggested by you all and pushed gently re the answers to our questions and the interview, and will duly reiterate. I have made clear that we cannot keep the site active and interesting on fresh air - regular updates are needed for discussion. If you want to make your point you could pm them yourselves, it may be more effective!
word count: 102
"We make our lives out of chaos and hope. And love." - Angela Montenegro

Sinkwriter72
King of the Lab

Re: Will this site every be updated?

Post by Sinkwriter72 »

I imagine that they have 'day jobs' along with this site project so it's probably difficult to keep up with it on a regular basis. I try to keep that in mind. :D

That said, is there anything we can do to assist the M Team?

I know I'm not in L.A., but I'd be willing to help out here and there if they need something typed up or organized or edited/proofread. Or, truly, whatever might help ease the workload and get things done.

P.S. I think that Subject line should read 'Will this site ever be updated,' not 'every.' Sorry -- the proofreader in me twitches at the sight of it. :mrgreen:
word count: 116

ThyneAlone
TJ Team Validator

Re: Will this site ever be updated?

Post by ThyneAlone »

Duly sorted, Madame beta par excellence.
Do feel free to offer help individually, but I'll get on to them and say that the offer is there.
word count: 27

Sinkwriter72
King of the Lab

Post by Sinkwriter72 »

ThyneAlone wrote:Duly sorted, Madame beta par excellence.
Do feel free to offer help individually, but I'll get on to them and say that the offer is there.
*sighs of relief (and apparent OCD tendencies)*

Thank you, Steph! And thanks for the title. It amuses me today. :mrgreen:

I have offered general assistance in the past, but they may not have needed it at the time. Or perhaps the distance between Chicago and L.A. made it too difficult. I don't know how I can help, but I renew my offer, all the same.
word count: 95

sofilps
Super Fan

Post by sofilps »

Oh, yes! It surprised me that they didn't updated anything on the main page, not even in March with TJ's birthday...but well...they must be veery busy. Right? RIGHT? :twisted:

So, I also offer myself for any help they need. It's a shame that the site doesn't get updated often and if we can help in any way to make that happen, great. Besides that will get more users around the site squinting at everything. 8)
word count: 79
~ s o f i

ThyneAlone
TJ Team Validator

Post by ThyneAlone »

Sent another message last week in spite of having loads else to do - nothing back at all. I like the Mteam, but they are letting us down here. I asked for just a line or two on the main page to acknowledge all the suggestions and info I sent them in February, and I've offered the help. I'm so frustrated. There is nothing else I can do. If they're not reading the messages it won't even help if we all send them. But as a mod I'm disappointed.
Is TJ still updating his MySpace or at least dropping in regularly? If he is, maybe some of you could get a concerned message direct to him??
word count: 120

Sinkwriter72
King of the Lab

Post by Sinkwriter72 »

TJ seems to check in to his page semi-regularly (each person's MySpace home page shows the date of the last time they logged in; his says May 7 as of this morning), but he hasn't written a blog in a while. Then again, the last blog he wrote, he did mention he'd be traveling back and forth quite a bit, so I assumed we wouldn't hear from him for a while. He sounded like he was going to be busy.

Very sad to say, I haven't made the time to write to him in probably six weeks, myself. I've got a ton of things to accomplish this month, and I figured since he wasn't blogging he must be super-busy too, so at this time I haven't made a huge effort to drop him messages. (Sorry, TJ, you know I love ya!)

It is sad to see that his site here hasn't been updated in so long. Especially, as Sofi pointed out, for his birthday. And of course I know we'd all love to hear his responses to the rest of the 'first wave' of questions you sent. Thank you so much for trying, Steph. You're a wonderful mod.
word count: 211

ThyneAlone
TJ Team Validator

Post by ThyneAlone »

That is really sweet, Sherry, and I appreciate it greatly. Don't forget, though, the sterling job that Rebecca is doing in keeping up the interest in the absence of reliable news and, all too often thanks to work commitments, of Me! I'd like to thank her in public for that, and also ALL OF YOU for participating here so articulately and passionately. As with conductors without a choir, mods can't do it alone, so go team.
word count: 79

Sinkwriter72
King of the Lab

Post by Sinkwriter72 »

Oh no, I'd never forget Rebecca! I'm having a lovely time talking about the latest Bones episodes with her and the rest of the group here on TJ's site. She is loved and appreciated, without a doubt. :D

I just commented directly to you in this instance because of all that you are trying to do to help the M team and get things going, especially for TJ, which is terrific.

I appreciate everyone here -- it's been a remarkable experience, 'meeting' and becoming friends with so many of you. Who'd have thought? ;)
word count: 96

sofilps
Super Fan

Post by sofilps »

yeeees it's been a while since TJ doesn't update his blog ... but as Sherry said he logs in very frequently so maybe he takes a look to the new messages and all. I'll see if one of this days I go and leave him a little comment with our concern ;)

At least we know that the M team knows about it -if they read your messages. And although is a shame we can be 100% sure that you mods did everything possible. Some day they'll have to update it! damn busy people! hahahaha
word count: 97
~ s o f i

begolden
Conspiracy Theorist

Post by begolden »

Don't forget, though, the sterling job that Rebecca is doing in keeping up the interest in the absence of reliable news and, all too often thanks to work commitments, of Me!

I really don't deserve that much praise, Steph! You are much more on top of things here--even when you're away being a busy teacher! Sure I post regularly, but I feel like all I've been doing lately is bitching about episodes and storylines. Sherry is doing an awesome job of being here, as is Sophie and many of the others. Hurray for you, gals! Glad we're all in it together during these dire times.
word count: 111
Fan of the Orgasmic Grilled Cheese Sandwich

late_heart
Fan

Post by late_heart »

Just call me Pollyanna, but I see TJ not updating My Space as a good thing... I imagine he's insanely busy and generally very slippery to get hold of.

Um. Did that sound racy?

*coughs*

I join Rebecca in her praise! You guys are fantastic! As far as site updates go, to me the bottom line is that as long as the heart beats, the brain is working, and the soul is wild -- don't worry too much about the outside shell.

You guys show up and make sure that we're here talking about TJ, spreading the love, getting to know each other, and having a blast. And that's what matters.

*smooch*
word count: 115
...he remains Hodgins of the unstoppable libido, with the constantly coiling Kundalini, the freaky twist of mystic master meets geekzilla. He’s still a poet, a shaman of the weird, and he’s in there, somewhere...

Sinkwriter72
King of the Lab

Post by Sinkwriter72 »

I simply cannot add anything to that. As always, late_heart, well said. Very well said.

P.S. It was a little racy, but you know I laughed. Wicked, sassy you. ;)
word count: 31

TJ4ever
King of the Lab

Post by TJ4ever »

Wasn't here for quite a while! Sorry! I am still here! I still love it being here! Although I cannot give you the latest information or talk about the latest episodes but I love to read about it all here and maybe write a comment on that even if I haven't watched the episode. AND I LOVE TO TALK TO YOU ALL! :) And I love to talk about TJ. I never thought that I once become a regular in a forum. But I really feel comfortable and welcome here! :) Just wanted to let you know!

Take care!
Simone
word count: 100
Angela: Well, what about love? What do you have to say about love?
Hodgins: It´s overrated-most of the time :-)

Dexter: They make it look so easy-connecting with another human being. It's like no one told them it's the hardest thing in the world.

Sinkwriter72
King of the Lab

Post by Sinkwriter72 »

Glad to see you back, Simone! I hope you have been having a lovely time, wherever you've been. :D

~ Sherry
aka Sinkwriter72
word count: 22