Spoiler Talk

late_heart
Fan

Re: Spoiler Talk

Post by late_heart »

begolden wrote:Unless they leave us with a cliff hanger in which Angela sets out to find Birimbau, in which case we'll have the misfortune of seeing it play out at the beginning of season three :( .
Oh, just stab me in the eye with...with... a birimbau....
word count: 48
...he remains Hodgins of the unstoppable libido, with the constantly coiling Kundalini, the freaky twist of mystic master meets geekzilla. He’s still a poet, a shaman of the weird, and he’s in there, somewhere...

begolden
Conspiracy Theorist

Post by begolden »

Oh, just stab me in the eye with...with... a birimbau....

ROTFLMAO! :lol:
word count: 12
Fan of the Orgasmic Grilled Cheese Sandwich

sofilps
Super Fan

Post by sofilps »

I read the sides dome days ago. And I still can't believe it! I don't like Hodgins/Angela to split up and I'm certainly not liking that Hodgins feels responsible for almost everything. But looking on the brighter side we'll have more of TJ's character with Zack out of scene for now (not that I'd like him to be completely off!).

So, late_heart, can you pass me the birimbau after you stabbed your eye so I can too?
word count: 85
~ s o f i

begolden
Conspiracy Theorist

Re: Spoilers and rumors

Post by begolden »

http://community.livejournal.com/bones_spoilers/

The sides for "The Crank in the Shaft" have confirmed our worst fears--Jack and Angela break up. Of course, we have no way of knowing if it's a temporary break up for drama's sake (and I use that term loosely), or the writers just don't want to spend any more time on these two characters (they've got Sweets to think of--insert bitter smile) At any rate, I'm thoroughly disgusted.
word count: 82

ThyneAlone
TJ Team Validator

Post by ThyneAlone »

Sincere apologies for the offline so much this week, which stopped me commenting on the last ep. Been doing oral exams (to be taped and sent off to exam boards for marking) all week and have had precisely 2 hours of actual free time in that week - which I think may possibly be illegal - so have had to stay behind and work after school to prepare and mark work for both classes I'm missing and classes I get to teach, have had serious vitriol with my immediate pastoral supervisor because of stuff he was expecting me to do that I just didn't have time for (we're ok again now -which makes me feel much better as he is a good friend, that's why he got the flak!).

Well, was that a one-sentence paragraph? Stressed, guys, stressed. Sorry. Well, I can't say I wasn't expecting this development as soon as the husband thing lurked unappetisingly on the horizon at the end of S2/start of season 3. They just stopped refining and developing the relationship. I'm quite angry about the laziness of it as writing goes. I mean, look at it, we can't be bothered to deepen the character knowledge so we'll just bring in another character and have something drastic happen to the others. Hence also Zach's sojourn in hospital. They're not just breaking up Hodgela,they are breaking up the team, and I won't be watching for just BB, who have also become unsubtle of late.

It's not been a good season. :evil:
word count: 267
"We make our lives out of chaos and hope. And love." - Angela Montenegro

begolden
Conspiracy Theorist

Post by begolden »

They just stopped refining and developing the relationship. I'm quite angry about the laziness of it as writing goes. I mean, look at it, we can't be bothered to deepen the character knowledge so we'll just bring in another character and have something drastic happen to the others.

A very accurate description of the writing, Steph. What little I've seen of the break up on the sides, it sounds more like Hodgins and Angela after their first date than two people who until recently were talking about having children together!
word count: 94

ThyneAlone
TJ Team Validator

Post by ThyneAlone »

The annoying thing about there being almost nothing on the sides is that it half-hints at an 'offstage' break-up -- something we won't even get to see, share, experience, judge? Which would be thoroughly unfair on Michaela and TJ, who have done such a great job of building their characters and the relationship. Well, perhaps I'm jumping the gun, but anything's possible now imho.
word count: 68

late_heart
Fan

Post by late_heart »

The effect of the writer's strike is just wreaking havoc with everything.

I saw an interview with Eric Millegan last week where he talked to Ausiello about the shifting around of episodes, and I'm guessing that the Jack/Angela split would have been played out more effectively if they hadn't had to choose just a handful of eps to shoot out of those originally planned for S3.

But I'm not surprised that they'd break up -- I thought they would have by now, anyway. Besides, conflict can be so much more fun than twu luff -- :twisted:
word count: 99
...he remains Hodgins of the unstoppable libido, with the constantly coiling Kundalini, the freaky twist of mystic master meets geekzilla. He’s still a poet, a shaman of the weird, and he’s in there, somewhere...

KimberHodgela
Super Fan

Post by KimberHodgela »

Hey ladies!

I know I said I would avoid spoilers this year (other than random Ausiello "soft" spoilers), but I forgot that I had signed up for the LJ community "Bones Spoilers", and sadly one of the posters let this little nasty bit slip in a post (no cut or anything). So I found out.

All I can say is :( But I kind of knew it would happen at some point. Other than the writers of Scrubs, it seems that TV writers just can't let a good thing be. They have to mess with it, toil and burn it to the ground - most predominantly with relationships. :evil:

I didn't read the sides, so I'm not sure how it comes to be, or what causes it (it does take place in the finale, correct? Which means they have one episode to "set up" the grounds, because right now Jack and Angela seem to be in a very good place with each other.

I like angst as much as the next person, but I kind of thought Jack and Angela's love journey would be different. And don't even get me started on the fact that this season they seem to have completely thrown it aside, in favour of extremely blatant B/B(S)ness.
word count: 216
Dude, what you call being a conspiracy theorist I call being well informed - Dr. Jack Hodgins

late_heart
Fan

Post by late_heart »

Hey Kimber,

I hope we get at least an idea of what's in tonight's episode. Upon rewatching 'Verdict' over the weekend it struck me as really odd that Angela was waaaaaaaaaay over on one side of the steps with Brennan, and Jack came out with the rest of the crew and didn't make a move to go near her.

Granted, it might have been set up simply as photo composition, but I'd like to give the showrunners a little more credit and hope it was a little foreshadowing. That Angela is 'apart' from everyone, including her fiance. After all, even though Bones should now officially be called Bones and Booth And You'll Like It, People, there's always room to show progression amongst the supporting cast.

I'm gonna stay hopeful until it's time not to be hopeful. ;)

~A
word count: 145

KimberHodgela
Super Fan

Post by KimberHodgela »

late_heart wrote:Hey Kimber,

I hope we get at least an idea of what's in tonight's episode. Upon rewatching 'Verdict' over the weekend it struck me as really odd that Angela was waaaaaaaaaay over on one side of the steps with Brennan, and Jack came out with the rest of the crew and didn't make a move to go near her.

Granted, it might have been set up simply as photo composition, but I'd like to give the showrunners a little more credit and hope it was a little foreshadowing. That Angela is 'apart' from everyone, including her fiance. After all, even though Bones should now officially be called Bones and Booth And You'll Like It, People, there's always room to show progression amongst the supporting cast.

I'm gonna stay hopeful until it's time not to be hopeful. ;)

~A
Hey, late_heart!

I like your idea about 'Verdict', and the possible foreshadowing. I, too, would like to give the writers a bit more credit. Perhaps my dislike for the episode because Jack seemed to not care about Angela's standing up for Brennan, or her feelings when she did so - maybe this was a way of the writers letting us know that things were going sour on the outside - where we couldn't see it.

Btw - love your new name for the show. Completely true. Hell, they could even title it The Bones, Booth, and Sweets Variety Hour
word count: 247
Dude, what you call being a conspiracy theorist I call being well informed - Dr. Jack Hodgins

ThyneAlone
TJ Team Validator

Post by ThyneAlone »

KimberHodgela wrote:Other than the writers of Scrubs, it seems that TV writers just can't let a good thing be.
Totally offtopic - other than Scrubs? JD and Elliot have been messed about quite enough to irritate me and their other huge fan in my house, son no.2!

Back to tonight; I'm off to bed now at 11.40 pm, but girls, that review had better be up soonest, like when I get up in the morning!
word count: 79

late_heart
Fan

Post by late_heart »

ThyneAlone wrote:
KimberHodgela wrote: girls, that review had better be up soonest, like when I get up in the morning!
Trust me, you *don't * want to know what I thought. Well, except NMTJ.

(needs more TJ)
word count: 37

begolden
Conspiracy Theorist

Post by begolden »

I like your idea about 'Verdict', and the possible foreshadowing. I, too, would like to give the writers a bit more credit. Perhaps my dislike for the episode because Jack seemed to not care about Angela's standing up for Brennan, or her feelings when she did so - maybe this was a way of the writers letting us know that things were going sour on the outside - where we couldn't see it.

Nah, I don't think the writers have proven that they can be that subtle. I think, as was said, it was all about the composition of the shot. My view of the whole Hodgins/Angela break up is quite pessimistic right now. I probably wouldn't feel so doom and gloom about it if it weren't for the new characters that seem to be crowding out our old favorites.
word count: 144

KimberHodgela
Super Fan

Post by KimberHodgela »

ThyneAlone wrote:
KimberHodgela wrote:Other than the writers of Scrubs, it seems that TV writers just can't let a good thing be.
Totally offtopic - other than Scrubs? JD and Elliot have been messed about quite enough to irritate me and their other huge fan in my house, son no.2!

Back to tonight; I'm off to bed now at 11.40 pm, but girls, that review had better be up soonest, like when I get up in the morning!
Sorry, Steph! Should have specified that. I'm actually ... *gasp* ... not a JD/Elliot shipper. *ducks*. I rather liked Kim. The couple I'm talking about is Carla and Turk. They hooked up in episode 1, and are still together - 7 seasons later, and with a beautiful baby. Sure, they had their issues, but the writers have pretty much let them be.
word count: 143

ThyneAlone
TJ Team Validator

Post by ThyneAlone »

Yep, I see what you mean, they are a great couple. And Perry and Jordan have something good going under all that bile.

ANYWAY....
FutonCritic has got Fox's synopses & cast lists up for the coming season. No Eric in the list.
http://www.thefutoncritic.com/news.aspx?id=7648
:cry:
word count: 50

sofilps
Super Fan

Post by sofilps »

ThyneAlone wrote:
ANYWAY....
FutonCritic has got Fox's synopses & cast lists up for the coming season. No Eric in the list.
http://www.thefutoncritic.com/news.aspx?id=7648
:cry:
I saw that yesterday, I don't want to believe it. They said that in S4 they would be revealing what happened to Zack in Iraq...giving the possibility to Zack to talk about it, and now he's not listed?? :( I'm not happy with this. I hope that this is just for the first episodes and then he gets out of jail or whatever. But he must come back.
word count: 100
~ s o f i

TJ4ever
King of the Lab

Post by TJ4ever »

Really sad that Eric is not in S4! S4? We don't even have S3, yet! :x :(

Concerning Jack and Angela I belive they will be together again. (At least I hope so!!!) Maybe they were afraid that the fans get bored to see that so they might just want to keep it interesting?!?! Whatever! I don't like it and I haven't even watched it, yet!

Simone
word count: 68
Angela: Well, what about love? What do you have to say about love?
Hodgins: It´s overrated-most of the time :-)

Dexter: They make it look so easy-connecting with another human being. It's like no one told them it's the hardest thing in the world.

begolden
Conspiracy Theorist

Post by begolden »

Hmmm, makes you wonder if whatever happened to Zack in Iraq warped him, and he came back as Gorgommon (sp?), and then gets caught and put in jail. Why they would do that to Eric I don't know, unless he wanted out of his contract to do something else. However, pure speculation people, pure speculation...
word count: 56

sofilps
Super Fan

Post by sofilps »

It's difficult to picture Zack as a possible Gormagon, I dont think he, with all his rationality and all, could be capable of taking part in something like this. C'mon! it's Zackaroni!! the first time ever he punched someone was in S2!! he dressed as the back end of a cow for Halloween and lived above Hodgins garage. That doesn't sound as a serial killer's profile. But it could be that his time in Iraq made some effect on him. Maybe the reason why he came back has something to do with it? no, no that can't be. That's too much. OMG, I just want to see The Pain in the Heart and end with all this speculations. Everyone is crazy with this, thinking of millions of different scenarios. I think TJ would be proud of us making honor to his character, creating all this different theories... hahhaa.
word count: 155
~ s o f i