Offtopic Sofa Time

New arrivals, including the hello threads and the sofa.
Sinkwriter72
King of the Lab

Re: Offtopic Sofa Time

Post by Sinkwriter72 »

Ooh, Britain! How exciting, Rebecca! Do you have your itinerary all planned out? Specific things you are set on seeing? Please come back and tell us all sorts of lovely stories of your travels!

Here's wishing you smooth sailing as well, with your final week of teaching for the year. I salute you too, wonderful teacher! :D
word count: 57

TJ4ever
King of the Lab

Post by TJ4ever »

Just wanna say "Hi"! Watching football! Portugal wins!!!
Sherry, hope everything went right!

Take care!
Simone
word count: 16
Angela: Well, what about love? What do you have to say about love?
Hodgins: It´s overrated-most of the time :-)

Dexter: They make it look so easy-connecting with another human being. It's like no one told them it's the hardest thing in the world.

sofilps
Super Fan

Post by sofilps »

Wow Steph, looks like you have a lot to do around there until you're finished. Taking Sherry's idea I'd be going nuts just by remembering all that! But you'll do it fine, you're used to it right?

aaand I'm only a month away from my driver's license! I'm so excited o start! My aunt-grandmother said she wanted to pay me as a birthday present the classes at the best driver's school around here plus the exam. So watch out drivers in the world, I'm one month away from the streets! :D
word count: 101
~ s o f i

Sinkwriter72
King of the Lab

Post by Sinkwriter72 »

NOTE TO SELF: No trips to Buenos Aires next month while Sofi's on the road...

:mrgreen:

Teasing, sweetie! Kisses!

(hee)
word count: 20

sofilps
Super Fan

Post by sofilps »

:lol: hahahahahahahahaaa

actually I already know how to drive, I just need more practice and the parking part which I don't know yet. But yes, for your own safety if you want to come over here do it while I still don't have my license! :!:
word count: 46
~ s o f i

ThyneAlone
TJ Team Validator

Post by ThyneAlone »

sofilps wrote:Wow Steph, looks like you have a lot to do around there until you're finished. Taking Sherry's idea I'd be going nuts just by remembering all that! But you'll do it fine, you're used to it right?
Yes! Unfortunately! But, as you say, I always do get through it, and I am buoyed by all your praise and encouragement.
sofilps wrote:My aunt-grandmother
Now what on earth is that? A godmother perhaps??? :?

You can drive but not park? How have you ever been able to get out of your car? lol :wink:
word count: 99
"We make our lives out of chaos and hope. And love." - Angela Montenegro

Sinkwriter72
King of the Lab

Post by Sinkwriter72 »

ThyneAlone wrote:
sofilps wrote:My aunt-grandmother
Now what on earth is that? A godmother perhaps??? :?

Interesting description, isn't it? I think an aunt-grandmother might be the equivilent of a 'great aunt.'

Sofi, didn't you say on LJ that this aunt-grandmother is the sister of your grandmother? Or am I remembering incorrectly? We would call that a 'Great Aunt' in the United States. For example, if the sister of your mother (or father) is your aunt, then the sister of your grandmother (or grandfather) is your great aunt. :D

On a curious note, if I may ask, is there a Spanish word for aunt-grandmother that you use, Sofi?
word count: 112

TJ4ever
King of the Lab

Post by TJ4ever »

First game of the German team and my TV is not working! :( It's the European Football (Soccer) Championship. Hope we win! So now I try to find something on the internet to watch the game!

Bye, Simone.
word count: 38

Dexter: They make it look so easy-connecting with another human being. It's like no one told them it's the hardest thing in the world.

sofilps
Super Fan

Post by sofilps »

SEE!! I knew that 'aunt-grandmother' wasn't the word! but well, nobody correct me and I was just too lazy to look it up. As Sherry said, she was the sister of my grandfather. so...great-aunt it is. Sorry for the confusion! I just made the exact translation from spanish (tia abuela -- aunt grandmother) :P
ThyneAlone wrote:You can drive but not park? How have you ever been able to get out of your car? lol :wink:
I learned to drive, but I don't know how to park so when the time comes I just get out and let the honor to my mom hahahaa...but the thing is that at the time I learned it was summer and we were staying at a house on the outsides of Buenos Aires, so there was no necessity of parking, I just entered the garage and left the car. What I can't do is park between two cars, for example in the middle of the city. :P
word count: 166
~ s o f i

Sinkwriter72
King of the Lab

Post by Sinkwriter72 »

Ah yes, Sofi, the exciting challenges of parallel parking (I assume that's the kind of parking between two cars that you are referring to). Yuck.

Unfortunately, I had to do a lot of that when I lived in Chicago, because parking was scarce. One was forced to park that way all the time. I definitely didn't love it, especially when the cars were very close, and I wasn't sure I was going to be able to squeeze mine in. But the more I had to do it, the better I got at it. It doesn't make me as nervous as it used to. :D
word count: 107

sofilps
Super Fan

Post by sofilps »

Let's see how I manage with it. I once made the try with 2 cones, and that was all. But I know that it will cost me. I'm too afraid of hitting the other cars!! :P but i guess that the practice makes the master.
word count: 46
~ s o f i

Sinkwriter72
King of the Lab

Post by Sinkwriter72 »

Just take it slowly -- you'll be fine! I know you can do it! :D
word count: 14

sofilps
Super Fan

Post by sofilps »

! It's freezing outside! 4°C --- I don't know how many °F are. but I can tell you that it's very cold. And it's early. 9:41 am. And I'm going to Starbucks finally. :D Let's see how that goes, I hope it's not very crowded considering that every scholar in Buenos Aires is at school right now, and the working people...well...it's working! XD
word count: 72
~ s o f i

ThyneAlone
TJ Team Validator

Post by ThyneAlone »

Have a great time. It is my shameful admission that in spite of having acquired a Starbucks in Liverpool I have never been there. Probably because my other half claims not to be a 'fancy coffee' type person. This from someone who was delighted when I bought him a machine at Christmas which does espresso, latte, cappucino, mocha and various other combinations. He's not into latte. He says it's hot milk with a coffee bean waved over it!
word count: 80
"We make our lives out of chaos and hope. And love." - Angela Montenegro

Ellen
Super Fan

Post by Ellen »

Hey. Can someone please tell me how to get the signature thing onto my messages? It's probably insanely easy, which may be the reason i can't figure it out.
lol.
Thanks.
word count: 33
"What if it doesn't end like that? What if it doesn't go wrong?"-Dr Jack Hodgins

Sinkwriter72
King of the Lab

Post by Sinkwriter72 »

Hi, Ellen! Isn't that your signature right there (with the quote: "Faith is an irrational belief in something that's logically impossible." ~ Dr. Temperance Brennan)?

Looks like it worked to me! :D

Unless you're trying to post a different type of signature?
word count: 43

sofilps
Super Fan

Post by sofilps »

I made it! I went to starbucks! and it wasn't too early after all. It was around 12 pm. I went after my mocca frappuccino and my friend had a ... caramel cappuccino or something like that I can't remember the name. It was so good! And they were so polite, it was something that got our attention because apparently we are not used to be treated well in the cafeterias. :P Really, there are always exceptions but the lady on the cash told me thank you so many times (after I gave her 50 cents she was needing for my change) that I was kind of scared, lol and then the guy that gave me the coffee told me something about "thanks for your visit, I hope you enjoy your order" and more thank you's. But out of that it was great, well... that made it even better! We sat on one of the tables there and we chatted for about... 2 hour's/2 hours and a half, and as we where at the shopping we went to mc donald's after. So it was a pretty nice day. And I brought my coffee cup home, so I have it here as a trophy!
word count: 207
~ s o f i

Ellen
Super Fan

Post by Ellen »

Yeah, you know what, i figured it out right after i posted that comment and i forgot to say i figured it out.
lol.
x
word count: 25
"What if it doesn't end like that? What if it doesn't go wrong?"-Dr Jack Hodgins

TJ4ever
King of the Lab

Post by TJ4ever »

Germany won the first game, but unfortunately they lost the 2nd one today. :( I am a bit sad! Now they have to win the 3rd one to enter the quarter-final in the European soccer championship. stonie, are you still there? Do you watch it, too?
I know the most of you may not be very interested in this, but it´s important to me at the moment, so I am posting it anyway.
Fell free to ignore it!

It´s late! Got to go to bed!

Bye, Simone.
Last edited by TJ4ever on Thu Jun 12, 2008 3:09 pm, edited 1 time in total. word count: 89

TJ4ever
King of the Lab

Post by TJ4ever »

Hey sofi, do you have your drivers licence already?

Simone
word count: 10