Offtopic Sofa Time

New arrivals, including the hello threads and the sofa.
sofilps
Super Fan

Re: Offtopic Sofa Time

Post by sofilps »

TJ4ever wrote:Germany won the first game, but unfortunately they lost the 2nd one today. :( I am a bit sad! Now they have to win the 3rd one to enter the quarter-final in the European soccer championship. stonie, are you still there? Do you watch it, too?
I know the most of you may not be very interested in this, but it´s important to me at the moment, so I am posting it anyway.
Fell free to ignore it!

I don't know much about the European soccer championship...but in not so little time the Olympic games are going to start and I know that Argentina is playing against Ecuador next Sunday and against Brazil next Wednesday to classify for the Olympic Games. And i'm sure that we are going to classify and Germany too and maybe we'll get to play against Germany during the Olympics. Let's see... :D for now i'll wish the best of the lucks to Germany IN THE EUROPEAN SOCCER CHAMPIONSHIP! (just in that championship!! LOL) :P
word count: 176
~ s o f i

Sinkwriter72
King of the Lab

Post by Sinkwriter72 »

Slept HORRIBLY last night.

It was so sticky hot-humid, with high winds, blowing rain and thunder and lightning, tree branches flying... Around 1 AM my aunt came into my room and said, "Sherry?" I immediately said, "Yeah?" because I sure wasn't sleeping (none of us were, it turned out). She then told me that sirens had just started (which indicate sightings of tornados) so we needed to go into the basement for protection. *groan* It was so noisy outside, and inside with my fan going, that I hadn't even heard any sirens!

So I got up, got dressed (sort of) and grabbed the book I'd been reading (no telling how long we'd be down there, sitting and waiting), but not long after we headed downstairs, the sirens stopped. Guess that part of the storm had blown past us, thankfully. So we didn't have to sit in the basement after all. But the stormy rain definitely kept going for quite a while, and it was so hot and humid in my bedroom that I ended up reading in bed for about an hour (till after 2) because I just couldn't get to sleep. Even after I turned the lights back out, my sleep was fitful the rest of the night. When I got up this morning, I felt like I hadn't slept at all. I'm sure I slept some, but it was one of those sleeps where your mind keeps going and going, so you feel like you're awake the whole time, tossing and turning. Not a good night. :P

But we didn't get hit by a tornado, so I'm grateful for that. Whew.

How's everyone else doing? Tara, was the storm as bad in Chicago as it was out here in the 'burbs? :D

Simone, sounds like you're having a lot of fun with the soccer games. Very cool! *waves pom-poms for you*
word count: 326

Tara
Fan

Post by Tara »

There was loads of heat lightning when I was still up at 1am (erm... So maybe I kinda sorta possibly stayed up way way way past my bed-time watching series 2 of Press Gang) but it was mainly windy--the rains hit later, when I was already asleep, and when I got up to leave for work at 6, it didn't look like we'd got too too much. But I'm so far north (Devon & Western) that it may have just missed my patch.

I forgot my wallet tho, so I'll be walking home this afternoon. So hoping it stays tolerable and dry, as I've Gary Russell's Torchwood novel in my very very not waterproof canvas messenger bag.... Which I packed when I thought I was taking the train home, yet managed to forget to pack, you know, my Chicago Card.

<sarcasm>genius = me.</sarcasm>
word count: 151
In a world full of Uma Thurmans, everyone has an inner Janine Garafolo who needs to be taken out dancing every once in a while.

sofilps
Super Fan

Post by sofilps »

TJ4ever wrote:Hey sofi, do you have your drivers licence already?
Nope, not yet but next week I'll start with the classes :D and in 10 days I could have it.
word count: 31
~ s o f i

TJ4ever
King of the Lab

Post by TJ4ever »

Hi Sherry! Glad that you are all ok! :!:

Sinkwriter72 wrote:
Simone, sounds like you're having a lot of fun with the soccer games. Very cool! *waves pom-poms for you*
Yeah, thanks! Somehow it´s magic. I am really not so much interested in soccer anymore - but the European Championship and Word Championship I love to watch. I guess the 2006 Word Championship in Germany has a lot to do with it, too! It was great!

Simone
word count: 78
Angela: Well, what about love? What do you have to say about love?
Hodgins: It´s overrated-most of the time :-)

Dexter: They make it look so easy-connecting with another human being. It's like no one told them it's the hardest thing in the world.

TJ4ever
King of the Lab

Post by TJ4ever »

sofilps wrote:
TJ4ever wrote:Hey sofi, do you have your drivers licence already?
Nope, not yet but next week I'll start with the classes :D and in 10 days I could have it.
Wow, that´s fast! In Germany it takes months and is very expensive!
Well, all the best for you then! Hope you´ll get it, soon!

Simone
word count: 60

Dexter: They make it look so easy-connecting with another human being. It's like no one told them it's the hardest thing in the world.

TJ4ever
King of the Lab

Post by TJ4ever »

sofilps wrote: And i'm sure that we are going to classify and Germany too and maybe we'll get to play against Germany during the Olympics. Let's see... :D for now i'll wish the best of the lucks to Germany IN THE EUROPEAN SOCCER CHAMPIONSHIP! (just in that championship!! LOL) :P

Thanks, sofi! ...and I think you don't mind that I hope Germany wins if we play agains Argentina during the Olympics! :wink: :D

Simone
word count: 75

sofilps
Super Fan

Post by sofilps »

TJ4ever wrote:
Thanks, sofi! ...and I think you don't mind that I hope Germany wins if we play agains Argentina during the Olympics! :wink: :D
hahahahaha, not a problem. I look forward to that game :P
word count: 34
~ s o f i

bonesaddict11
Super Fan

Post by bonesaddict11 »

wow. i havent been here in a while. so many posts to read!!!

Simone, i watched some of the european soccer championship! well actually just one game. the italy vs netherlands. itlay lost 3-0 which is pretty sad considering they won the world cup last year.

Sofi, good luck in driving!! i havent learned to drive yet either. wont be able to till end of this year.

OoO. i gotta run, but i'll be back later to read the rest of thee many posts!

dohee
word count: 87

TJ4ever
King of the Lab

Post by TJ4ever »

Hi Dohee!
Great to hear from you!
Could you watch every game or do they show just a few in the USA?

Tomorrow is the 3rd game of the German team. We play against Austria. Hope we win! Keep my fingers crossed!

Simone
word count: 43

sofilps
Super Fan

Post by sofilps »

bonesaddict11 wrote:Sofi, good luck in driving!! i havent learned to drive yet either. wont be able to till end of this year.
Thhanks Dohee! ;) good to see you around here again.
word count: 32
~ s o f i

Sinkwriter72
King of the Lab

Post by Sinkwriter72 »

I second that, Dohee! Hope you are doing well.
word count: 9

TJ4ever
King of the Lab

Post by TJ4ever »

Yeah! 1:0! Michael Ballack! I could kiss him! ...and not only because he shot the goal! :wink: :D Now the German team is in the quarter-final! I'll keep you posted! :wink:

Simone
word count: 32

bonesaddict11
Super Fan

Post by bonesaddict11 »

Thanks for all of the warm welcomes! :D
TJ4ever wrote:Could you watch every game or do they show just a few in the USA?
Hm...I'm not sure. I think they show all of them. But i dont have cable so i have to watch them online. i should probably get updated on that...

I probably wont be around at all this week because I'm going to a week long soccer camp at Notre Dame this wednesday. (it's a college for those who dont know :wink: )

See you around!

dohee
word count: 92

TJ4ever
King of the Lab

Post by TJ4ever »

YEAH, we did it! The party continues! Semi-finial here we come! :!: :D
The German team has won against Portugal today 3:2! What an exciting game! Had a lot of fun watching it - even without drinking beer! (We drank tea! Had to drive!)

By the way, where is everybody? 3 days no posts?! It's getting really quiet here. Guess you all are really busy! Or do I bore you with my "football talk"? :wink: :)

OK, other subject! :) My new favourite TV series - besides BONES, of course - is PRIMEVAL! It's a British show! I just love it and I just love Douglas Henshall! He's so great! I love the accent! BBC America will show it from August I heard.

OK, that's all for now!
Hope to hear from you all soon, again.

Take care!
Simone
word count: 137

Sinkwriter72
King of the Lab

Post by Sinkwriter72 »

Hi, Simone! Congrats on your team getting to the semi-finals! Whoo! :D

Sorry I've been absent... I've been trying to take care of a lot of things this week. The guy who hit my car a month ago is denying responsibility, even though the police report I obtained clearly states his vehicle was the one in motion and traveling ON THE WRONG SIDE OF THE ROAD! *ahem* So, I've been dealing with insurance companies and people not calling me back, and it's been frustrating.

On the upside, on Monday I had dinner with a good friend whom I haven't seen in a while, right before she goes off to New York for a six-week acting program with the Atlantic Theatre Company! Very excited for her.

I've also been tackling a 'to-read' list of books I've been wanting to explore for a while now (see my LiveJournal for the full list). Already read five books, yay! About to start a new one. Fun stuff.

And I've been reading the stories of two wonderful writer friends of mine, and sending them thorough feedback, as I'm able -- some delightful work by my friend Bardsmaid, and some gorgeous stories written by our very own late_heart!

(P.S. Late_heart, I owe you more feedback. I've written down my thoughts for three more of your stories. Gimme some time to type it up and I'll email it to you ASAP, okay?)

And this weekend I'm driving to Green Bay to visit with family. My parents are having a small family party, which should be fun. I only wish I didn't have to be in my car for three hours in order to get there. And three hours back. *groan* At least I'll get to see my nephew and nieces, which will most certainly prove to be entertaining. :mrgreen:

What's everyone else up to?

Rebecca, are you done with school now? Are you about to embark upon your UK trip? (Or am I too late, and you've already left? *GRIN*)

Steph, how are you holding up? I know last you wrote, things were hectic. I hope they're easing up for you. *sending supportive hugs*
word count: 377

ThyneAlone
TJ Team Validator

Post by ThyneAlone »

Simple answer there!
No.
Thanks everso for the hugs though. Will be in here at some stage. Dohee will be pleased to know I am semi-following the Euro 2008 matches too - when I have a moment!

Have a great family time at the weekend, Sherry, and kudos on filling your time intelligently while you wait for someone to appreciate you!
word count: 61
"We make our lives out of chaos and hope. And love." - Angela Montenegro

TJ4ever
King of the Lab

Post by TJ4ever »

I am back from my friends wedding. She married yesterday in Hamburg. They had a party in the evening. It was great! Had some fun! She looked so beautiful and so happy. I am really happy for her, but it made me a bit sad, too, because I am still looking for this special someone! :|
word count: 55

begolden
Conspiracy Theorist

Post by begolden »

Well, the time is finally at hand. I leave tomorrow for the UK, and hopefully will meet up with Steph on the 4th! So Steph, I have your tele numbers and shall call when I arrive in Liverpool. Should I call after any particular time in the afternoon or evening? We're all excited about our trip and hoping for smooth traveling--although we do have a pretty ambitious itinerary!
word count: 70
Fan of the Orgasmic Grilled Cheese Sandwich

Sinkwriter72
King of the Lab

Post by Sinkwriter72 »

Oooh, Rebecca, how marvelous! Give Steph a hug from all of us, will you? Can't wait to hear about your trip, so travel safely and have a FANTASTIC, FUN time!! :D
word count: 31