The Introduce Yourself Thread - Hello everyone!

New arrivals, including the hello threads and the sofa.
Ellen
Super Fan

Re: The Introduce Yourself Thread - Hello everyone!

Post by Ellen »

Hey all. Nice to meet everyone. I'm Ellen.
x
word count: 10
"What if it doesn't end like that? What if it doesn't go wrong?"-Dr Jack Hodgins

Sinkwriter72
King of the Lab

Post by Sinkwriter72 »

Well, that was certainly straight-to-the-point. ;)

Welcome, Ellen! Please tell us a bit about yourself (if you feel comfortable doing so, of course). Also, how long have you been a fan of TJ's work? What brought you here to his site?

We're glad you're here! Let us know if you have any questions as you roam about the threads. I see you already joined in on the Bones forum and set up a wonderful question about favorite Hodgins moments. I'm sure we all have too many to count! :D

See you around the forum,
Sherry
aka Sinkwriter72
word count: 102
I want to thank anyone who spends part of their day creating [& sharing their experience]. I don't care if it's a book, a film, a painting, a dance, a piece of theater, a piece of music… I think this world would be unlivable without art. ~ S. Soderbergh

Ellen
Super Fan

Post by Ellen »

Hmmm...Well, i live in Scotland, fife to be precise, and i'm currently in high school. I started watching Bones because i was already a fan of David Boreanaz from his earlier role as Angel in Buffy and Angel.

So i have really only been a fan of Tj since bones, but i have seen his smaller roles in some other films and shows. I saw him in friends, and 24 etc. Tj is my fave actor from Bones along with David Boreanaz so i thought i'd look him up and see what i could find out there. :)

It's nice to see there are so many people here supporting Tj, and you all seem so nice too. So i look forward to talking to you all more.
x
word count: 131
"What if it doesn't end like that? What if it doesn't go wrong?"-Dr Jack Hodgins

TJ4ever
King of the Lab

Post by TJ4ever »

Again, welcome Ellen! Great that you´re here! :) I love GB but never been to Scotland. Always wanted to go there, but somehow I always end up in London. :) Maybe in the near future I will visit Scotland. Don't know, yet! I am a big fan of two Scottish actors! Ewan McGregor and Douglas Henshall (PRIMEVAL ROCKS!!!!)!

Till soon!
Simone
word count: 61
Angela: Well, what about love? What do you have to say about love?
Hodgins: It´s overrated-most of the time :-)

Dexter: They make it look so easy-connecting with another human being. It's like no one told them it's the hardest thing in the world.

bonesaddict11
Super Fan

Post by bonesaddict11 »

Hi Ellen!! I know its been nearly a week since you've introduced yourself, but better late than never! =) I'm in high school too! So i'm sure we'll get along just great!

dohee
word count: 36

English Al
Fan

Hiya Folks

Post by English Al »

Hiya everyone,

Let me introduce myself and how I came to be on the site. My name is Alan, I live in England and I'm big fan of Bones (looking forward to the book release based on the series).

I found the site and emailed to say how great TJ is and to ask for an autograph. Got a reply today asking if I was on the forum boards. Said I wasn't but that I'd join...and here I am.

Looking forward to lots of chat on here.

:D
word count: 91

Sinkwriter72
King of the Lab

Re: Hiya Folks

Post by Sinkwriter72 »

Welcome, Alan! So glad you found us here and joined the group. :D

How long have you been watching the show Bones? Were you a fan of TJ's before that program, or was that the way you got to know him first as an actor?

Hope to read your posts around the threads! Please chime in anywhere you are inspired to comment.

~ Sherry
aka Sinkwriter72
word count: 65
I want to thank anyone who spends part of their day creating [& sharing their experience]. I don't care if it's a book, a film, a painting, a dance, a piece of theater, a piece of music… I think this world would be unlivable without art. ~ S. Soderbergh

English Al
Fan

Post by English Al »

Thanks for the warm welcome Sherry. I've been watching Bones since series two ended in America, roughly at least. My wife and me are big CSI fans and we met through Buffy so thought we'd give Bones a chance and rented the DVD out from the Library. I think we watched the entire series in 3 days and quickly rented out series 2. TJ made us laugh and I kept spotting him in other things (like Cold Case) so I had a look for him on the net. I like to get autographs from actors, soccer players, etc so thought I'd email. As I've had such success here I'll have to contact the other actors/actresses from Bones too.

I've just started to read Kathy Reichs novels as well. I'm gripped in Chapter 11 of Deja Dead at the minute, but find it hard to find the time to read (I've got 2 kids under two and another due in 2 weeks!).

Any other questions about me just ask. I like talking about myself :lol:
word count: 182

jordle
Fan

Post by jordle »

Hi everyone :)

I'm Jordan. I'm a 27 (28 in two weeks :() year old girl from Australia, who only recently worked out that she loves TJ Thyne!!!

It's nice to be here.
word count: 34

Sinkwriter72
King of the Lab

Post by Sinkwriter72 »

Welcome, Jordan! :D

Pop in and visit all the lovely conversations going on in the threads, won't you?

And of course, let us know if you have any questions. The Super Mods here are Steph and Rebecca, and everyone here is really kind and helpful.
word count: 45

ThyneAlone
TJ Team Validator

Post by ThyneAlone »

jordle wrote:Hi everyone :)

I'm Jordan. I'm a 27 (28 in two weeks :() year old girl from Australia, who only recently worked out that she loves TJ Thyne!!!

It's nice to be here.
It's nice to have you, sweetie. If you put your birthday on your profile the board will trumpet it out when it arrives and we can all send you cards on the Card Calendar...do explore and have fun round the place, won't you. It's a great site to be on! We all just love TJ and love to share that.
Sinkwriter72 wrote:The Super Mods here are Steph and Rebecca, and everyone here is really kind and helpful.
severe blush mode. Super Mod! Did you spot my underpants on the outside or something? :wink:

Steph x
word count: 135
"We make our lives out of chaos and hope. And love." - Angela Montenegro

TJ4ever
King of the Lab

Post by TJ4ever »

Welcome Jordan! Have fun! :)
Simone
word count: 5

Dexter: They make it look so easy-connecting with another human being. It's like no one told them it's the hardest thing in the world.

TJ4ever
King of the Lab

Post by TJ4ever »

Hi Alan! Welcome! Hope you like it here!
Have fun!
Simone
word count: 11

jordle
Fan

Post by jordle »

Thanks for the welcome guys. I'll be sure to check everything out and post a bit too :D
word count: 18

mariposa
Fan

Post by mariposa »

Hello everyone ... I'm all the way out here on page 21, perhaps even page 22 by now ... I'm not even sure if anyone will get to read this, but here goes, as the newest fan to register on this site.

My name is Marie (middle name Antoinette - no joke and YES, there IS a story there!) and I live in the beautiful, Rocky Mountain, mile-high city of Denver, Colorado. I am actually quite SAD right now ... I had written an extensive post, introducing myself to you all and being quite open and passionate about authentic, TRUE acting and character writing, which it appears to me TJ Thyne and his Theatre Junkies are all about ... but when I tried to submit it, I was redirected to the log-in page ... and yes, folks, you know the end of the writer's sob story: WARNING: PAGE EXPIRED ... I hate those words with such vehemence, that quite ironically, they will likely end up on my gravestone one day ... :D

Alas, my original words are gone. As a writer, I am heartbroken and crushed. BUT (a great way to start a sentence, by the way), as a valiant human being with the will to master this "little death" and the desire to conquer the cyberdog who ate my homework ... I shall return ... after I pick up my kids from their friends' house and take them swimming ... my real life calls ...

Sigh ...
word count: 239
Mariposa
"More matter with less art." (Gertrude, in Hamlet, Act II, scene ii)

Sinkwriter72
King of the Lab

Post by Sinkwriter72 »

Ohhhhh, Marie... I am feeling your pain right about now. I really and truly am. I can't tell you how many times I've written something and then lost my document or my post before it could go through or be saved. It's SO frustrating! Especially because you know you'll never be able to remember exactly what you said and how you worded it the same way, and I know how the first time writing it out is usually the time when you get it just how you want it. SUCKS!!

Okay, now let's get to something happy.

Welcome to TJ's site! :mrgreen:

I think you'll find there are a large number of creative people here, from computer programmers and graphic artists to writers and theatre performers and fans. We are glad you found your way here, and will look forward to hearing all about your perspective (as soon as you find the time and energy to rewrite it... oh, how I cringe for you, that's so awful).

I saw you mentioned you're a writer -- fabulous! If I may ask, what do you usually write?

Oh, and by the way, you must know you're not going to get away with telling us your name is Marie Antoinette and not tell us that story! ;) Please, tell us all about it!

To borrow from Hodgins... okay, now you talk. :D
word count: 235

mariposa
Fan

Post by mariposa »

Sinkwriter72 wrote:Okay, now let's get to something happy.

Welcome to TJ's site!
Yes, on to happy! :D

Thank you, I feel welcome ...
word count: 24
Mariposa

mariposa
Fan

Post by mariposa »

Sinkwriter72 wrote:To borrow from Hodgins... okay, now you talk. :D
Ok, I’ll talk now. Remember, you told me to!

Hello Sinkwriter72 and rest of the gang,

Thank you for commiserating with me … it’s nice to know I’m not alone. As I mentioned earlier, I’m determined to defeat this cyberdog enemy of ours, so instead of watching a movie with my hubby tonight, I’m back to write … on a Word doc this time – take that, you mangy mutt! Let’s see if your warnings and expired pages can stand up to my SAVE, COPY, and PASTE functions!! Parry on, I shall … I may have to do it in several segments instead of one long post. We’ll just see what happens. I’ll try to be good about answering your questions since you’re so good about asking them, Sinkwriter! :D Yes, this is attempt number two for this post and it won’t be like the first one … c’est la vie. Moving on.

Ok, where was I? Oh yes, I’ve lived in Colorado now for almost 10 years. We’re actually in Centennial, which is a suburb adjoining Littleton and Denver. For your brain’s Google map purposes – I’m in Denver. We’re a big-ish city with a small town feel – it’s not where we’ll be forever, but we love it for now. I’m a full-time wife & mom, but I keep my brain cells alive by writing in between meals, chores, diaper changes and princess playdates. My dream life would have 48 hour days: 24 would be spent on my current life, and 24 more for writing. How grand would that be?! Before coming here, I was in Los Angeles getting a B.A. in English Lit, teaching in public schools, and dating my best friend (now my hubby of 11 years!). Before that, I lived back and forth between the Philippines and Los Angeles, depending on where my family happened to be at the moment. I loved growing up overseas! More on that later …

So, I’ve finally bitten the fanfruit … or perhaps, I should say it has bitten me, so here I am on TJ’s site. Before today, I had perused many sites of my favorite people from actors to musicians to American Idol hopefuls, but I had never signed on to any. Well, ok, there was the time when I signed onto Josh Groban’s fan site to get the free t-shirt, but that was more my husband’s doing and I believe I logged on a grand total of um, two times. Yup. That sounds just about right. I still wear the t-shirt, though! Hey, I just realized that Josh and TJ both have really curly hair. Maybe I have a thing for curly hair! Ah, the joys of self-discovery … Back to my main reasons for staying away from fan sites in the past: 1) There were always too many fans – it always felt like a tsunami of fan blades had crashed over me, just looking at the pages and pages of threads and topics … who has TIME for all that? Your site seems much more manageable and reasonable. I can’t believe that I, the romantic that I am, just made a decision based on the reasonable option. More self-discovery! Don’t get me wrong … I want the fanship and site to grow … but I won’t be up all night catching up on posts if I decide to get involved. With my current season of life, not-staying up all night is a GOOD thing! 2) Many fans out there are just plain weird and over-the-top for me. At least on here, you’re committed and serious about promoting a great actor, person & cause … but you are not people I would be afraid to have coffee with (well, most of you, anyway). I’ll admit I’m just as strange as the opinionated and decidedly human next door … but I’m still “normal” … maybe more on that later too …

Reason #3 deserves its own paragraph. I finally crossed the picket line to log on as a fan here because I am passionate about excellence in writing and acting, for both screen and stage. If I could have everything my way, only films and plays that grab my carotid with a fist of emotion would be produced. I love to be entertained, but you know that feeling of sitting through 132 minutes of film, only to say at the end, “That was a complete waste of my time?” That’s what I’d love to avoid, no, obliterate. I love only a few things more than sitting in a quickly emptying theatre, or lingering on my a-little-too-scratchy-couch, unwilling to move or speak for fear of breaking “the spell.” The same holds true when I read the last page of a really good book. Bones is one of those shows which both entertains AND inspires me … I think that’s quite rare in a TV series today. The synergy between excellent writing and authentic acting produces … emotions - emotions which I am grateful to feel, whether they be joy or sorrow, frustration or inspiration, longing or regret. Those “I don’t want to lose this feeling” moments are moments in which I count myself fully alive, because they connect me to my very full life and all the emotions which occupy it. I don’t have to stretch to be any of the characters in a story when it is well-written and genuine. A human is a human is a human. I can be as pompous and teasing as Booth if I know I’m right. I can be as legalistic as Brennan if I think someone is watching me, waiting for me to break the rules. (Then I’ll break them when they least expect it!). I can be as soft-hearted and weepy as Angela and as intense as Zach, given the right means, opportunity and motive. Could I be like Hodgins? Hmm, let me see … filthy rich and doesn’t want anyone to know it (strike one); a brainiac of genius proportions (strike two); a conspiracy-theorist, king of the lab (strike three – I’m out!) … so maybe I have to suspend a fair measure of disbelief to see myself in Hodgins or Hodgins in me … but if he’s in the room, anyway, I’d want to be Angela, not myself! One teasing glance from those sapphire eyes and I’d be halfway to tachycardia, or as toasted as the bodies of “The Secret in the Soil” (just saw that episode last night on FanCast)! Total rabbit trail: you do have to wonder what manner of heavenly cologne he'd have to wear to mask the smell of slime he, oh so loves to handle ...

I dabbled in stage acting as a child and young adult and it is forever in my blood, the transfusion that will never go away. In my lifetime, my favorite actors have always been those who inspired me to write (anything!) or act and who either had success with both screen and on-stage personas, or should have been involved in both because they’re simply too authentic not to share with the stage … just to name a few: Anthony Hopkins, Mel Gibson (when I saw him in Hamlet in high school – I thought I had died and gone to Shakespearean heaven), Sean Bean, Emma Thompson, Kenneth Branagh, Colin Firth, Jeremy Irons, Helen Mirren, Meg Ryan, Jimmy Stewart, and the list goes on … and now includes TJ Thyne, as far as I’m concerned! I have really come to like Hart Hanson’s writing as I’ve watched Bones. I also love JJ Abrams’ and Greg Berlanti’s character development and Aaron Sorkin’s … well, everything he writes is amazing! He could write on Tyvek and create something clever and inspiring. So, there you have it … my unnecessary rationale for why I’m here. It’s not just because Jack Hodgins makes intelligence sexy, nor because I can’t help but smile at his love for all things dirt … and Angela. It’s not just because I would pay to have a security badge allowing me access to the Jeffersonian’s Anthropology Department's innards, to overhear a conversation over someone else’s dead body. It’s because the man underneath that lab coat is also passionate about excellent writing and authentic acting and has actually done something about it. Bravo, TJ. And thank you.

There was one other show in the last year that made me actually want to write in somewhere. Even though it’s not about Bones, I’m posting it here because it proves, once again, my need (our need, really) to connect with characters who are real. Unfortunately, it was on a crappy cable network (Lifetime) and was not renewed for a 2nd season. If I could only write for them and sell the script to another network!
Written on October 7, 2007:
I never, in a million years, could have ever imagined that I would fall in love with the characters of a television show as much as I have with every character in Side Order of Life. I also never imagined that I would ever post anything remotely personal on a website like lifetimetv.com. I guess it's true that anything is possible. If there were such a place as In Person magazine, I (a writer) would apply for a bottom-of-the-totem-pole job like running letters through a postage machine in the mailroom just for the remotely possible chance of meeting someone like Jenny, or Rick, or Vivy ... I am not delusional. I know that these people are fictional in every sense of the word. What makes this show so unbelievably and fantastically attractive, in all its fiction, is how REAL each person is. It doesn't matter to me that Jenny sees and hears things which most people would attribute to stress-induced psychosis. Every heart, every word, every tantrum, every smile, every lie, every tear which I have seen on this show has made my own very real life become more precious to me. Thank you to the amazing writers and cast ... I hope to see more of you next year. And you can bet that the next time I go out to eat at a neighborhood restaurant, I will eat whatever talks to me from the menu and I will definitely ask for a side order of LIFE. Now, I'm off to watch the final episode in this season. What a terrific and sorrowful way to end a beautiful day. Good night, everyone!

Funny story from a non-cyber-geek: Last night, when I found this site, I didn’t have a chance to read any articles or postings. I just peeked around and then I climbed into bed and told my husband that I found another actor who had a passion not only for screen, but stage as well. Then I told him, I kid you not (and I have a witness!), “I’d love to see TJ Thyne acting on stage. Actually, I think he’d make a terrific Hamlet.” This morning, I read one of his interviews and that is one of his dream roles, he said. I laughed! See … I had him figured out! And I don’t even really know him!

I’ll post this now and create a new one to answer your questions and post some other random things.

Thanks for reading!
Last edited by mariposa on Fri Jun 27, 2008 11:49 pm, edited 2 times in total. word count: 1950
Mariposa

mariposa
Fan

Post by mariposa »

Sinkwriter72 wrote:I think you'll find there are a large number of creative people here, from computer programmers and graphic artists to writers and theatre performers and fans. We are glad you found your way here, and will look forward to hearing all about your perspective (as soon as you find the time and energy to rewrite it... oh, how I cringe for you, that's so awful).

I saw you mentioned you're a writer -- fabulous! If I may ask, what do you usually write?

I'm glad to hear you are a creative bunch! Creating is good, in my book ...

What do I like to write? Thanks for asking! Mostly freelance, autobiographical, inspirational stuff ... I've written freelance articles for print magazines (they give me an idea and I go for it!) ... I also write travel journals - not planning on publishing them as of yet (maybe just online) - but my poetic juices tend to flow when I'm traveling ... I'm currently working on a book that tells the story of our 5 miscarriages and how we got our two amazing children through open adoption ... I'm working on a blog as an outlet for my whatever-I-want-to write-urges, and, coming soon, I have written a chapter for a grief counseling book on how to deal with people who are experiencing infertility, miscarriage and infant loss - it's scheduled to be published sometime this year, but I'm not the main writer, so I don't have all the goods. I like to write emails. Oh yes, I hate to write grocery lists, but I do a lot of that these days. :wink: So ... as you see, I'm kind of all over the place, really.

Tell me - what on earth is FANFIC? It seems like a pretty big thing on here!

I have another "here's more about me" post ... but I think it would be more appropriate to post it on your off-topic, or sofa thread (or whatever you call it - sorry, I'm not looking right at this moment!) another time.

See you over there and good night!
Last edited by mariposa on Sat Jun 28, 2008 8:50 am, edited 1 time in total. word count: 357
Mariposa

mariposa
Fan

Post by mariposa »

Sinkwriter72 wrote:Oh, and by the way, you must know you're not going to get away with telling us your name is Marie Antoinette and not tell us that story! ;) Please, tell us all about it!

Oh, I forgot to answer this one ...

I could say that I'm a direct descendant of the Queen herself (and most certainly NOT related to Kirsten Dunst) ... but that would be a lie on the first count (it's true that I'm not related to Kirsten).

The truth ... is that my father is a northern Italian and that years ago, he was a Roman Catholic priest. Then (long, but fascinating story) he converted to Protestant, evangelical Christianity, ended up meeting and marrying my mom and they had me. My dad always says when he tells this story, "Well, as you know, the Italians hate the French. But my faith taught me that I am supposed to love my enemies. So what better way to practice my faith than to give my first daughter a fully French name?"

So there you have it ... I'm half-Italian, half-Filipina, with an American passport and a fully French name. Life - you gotta love it! :)
word count: 201
Mariposa