The Introduce Yourself Thread - Hello everyone!

New arrivals, including the hello threads and the sofa.
sofilps
Super Fan

Re: The Introduce Yourself Thread - Hello everyone!

Post by sofilps »

Welcome in here Rose !!

:)
word count: 4
~ s o f i

Sinkwriter72
King of the Lab

Post by Sinkwriter72 »

Since I've been away for a bit...

Hello and welcome to Crazy4TJ! :mrgreen: So glad you decided to come out of lurking and give posting a try. Don’t be nervous -- we’re happy to have people pop in to chat. It’s great fun. Please look around and join in wherever you feel comfortable. Everyone here is friendly and polite, even when we disagree with each other (which I think is probably rare). *GRIN* (And Happy Belated July 4th to you!)

Welcome also to Amanda! Love the ‘daisy’ moniker. Don’t know if you named it for the flower, but it’s such a sweet one and makes me smile. Hope you enjoy yourself here.

Welcome to Rose! Another Daisy! Delightful.

Okay, the rest of my comments will be over in the Sofa thread, since they're more lengthy responses to Marie's and Al's posts. Join me, won't you? :D

Hope everyone's having a fantastic week.

~ Sherry
aka Sinkwriter72
word count: 163
I want to thank anyone who spends part of their day creating [& sharing their experience]. I don't care if it's a book, a film, a painting, a dance, a piece of theater, a piece of music… I think this world would be unlivable without art. ~ S. Soderbergh

bonesaddict11
Super Fan

Post by bonesaddict11 »

Hey Rose! I'm your age too!
So where are you from? Tell us about yourself!
word count: 16

Daisy_A
Fan

Post by Daisy_A »

Well I'm British :P I have two cocker spaniels who go by the names of Penny Rose and Josie....hmm.

Oh, I really want to become a writer and currently have a script with someone who works for Sky One. My greatest dream is to get a piece of fanmail for my work and to have TJ Thyne act in something I've written. I've been playing the guitar for six years and been singing proffesionally for two, I might be auditioning for the West End.

Still thinking of some other things about me. Very dissapointed about missing Bones filming in England, would love to meet the cast one day (especially TJ and Emily). I also love Doctor WHo, Lost, Pushing Daisies, Torchwood ect.

That's all for now!

Rose
xxxx
word count: 132

ThyneAlone
TJ Team Validator

Post by ThyneAlone »

GREAT BIG WELCOME to Amanda and Rose! Sounds like we have two more major talents on our hands! I just love the fact that we can all chat together here; sometimes age difference would be an inhibiting factor face to face. The idea that someone could be skitted about liking gifted actors on a good show bewilders me, but then that's one of the disadvantages of being 14. You are cooler than your mates, Rose. And Amanda, using your artistic talents practically - definitely another Angela. Stay on board, both - we love having you here.
word count: 95
"We make our lives out of chaos and hope. And love." - Angela Montenegro

begolden
Conspiracy Theorist

Post by begolden »

Dear Rose,

Welcome! We are delighted to have such an obviously talented young lady join our ranks. It's indeed the British invasion! (not that I'm complaining, as you're some of the nicest people I've met--right, Steph?)
word count: 41
Fan of the Orgasmic Grilled Cheese Sandwich

ThyneAlone
TJ Team Validator

Post by ThyneAlone »

Absolument ma chère.
word count: 4
"We make our lives out of chaos and hope. And love." - Angela Montenegro

daisy
Fan

Post by daisy »

Sorry it took me so long to respond.
Well I do draw, it's my favorite thing to do. I'm working on my online portfolio and I'll let you know so you can see my stuff. I'll also work on making some wallpaper for you all if you want me too.

Right now I make brochures, posters, banners and pull webmaster duty for a floor mat company, it's not very fun. I'm getting bored with it but it's a living :)

I have a Cat named Daisy, she sits with me when i type here. :)

Thank you for the welcome!
Amanda
word count: 106

mariposa
Fan

Post by mariposa »

Tara ... I just watched "The Truth About Cats and Dogs" the other day ... and your signature finally made sense to me!

It was a cute movie. :wink:

Marie
word count: 27
Mariposa
"More matter with less art." (Gertrude, in Hamlet, Act II, scene ii)

Tara
Fan

Post by Tara »

Hurrah for context! :)
word count: 3
In a world full of Uma Thurmans, everyone has an inner Janine Garafolo who needs to be taken out dancing every once in a while.

Sinkwriter72
King of the Lab

Post by Sinkwriter72 »

I love that movie.

And I love Tara's quote. :D
word count: 10

mariposa
Fan

Post by mariposa »

Yes ... I liked the leading man too. Can't recall his name right now and if I'm supposed to be busy writing my promised reply to Sherry (where is the smiley with the tongue sticking out saying, PLHHHHH!? he he he) :lol: then I can't be on IMDB looking up the dude's name and resume.

Loved his accent, hated the dog licking his face. I couldn't kiss that, LOL!

Gotta run back over to the sofa to "chat" with Sherry while you all listen in! See ya over there!

Marie
word count: 93
Mariposa

skftex
TJ Team Validator

Post by skftex »

Wow, lots of new people since the last time I visited. Its been quite a while. So Welcome! to all the new (and by now not so new) members.

Sharon
word count: 30
Blessed are they who see beautiful things in humble places where other people see nothing.-Camille Pissarro

mariposa
Fan

Post by mariposa »

Hi Sharon, it's a pleasure to meet you. I'm sure I'll run across your original posts on this site eventually. :D

So ... do you LOVE having this distraction to take a break from Calculus? It's such a good thing I'm not in school right now ... I'd get nothing done on my computer, LOL!

Have fun and don't get too bogged down in the class (see my response to you on the sofa ... about Calculus, that is).

Marie
word count: 83
Mariposa

Sinkwriter72
King of the Lab

Post by Sinkwriter72 »

Marie: I want to say his name is Ben Chaplain?

*pops over to imdb to double check*

Minor correction. Ben's last name is spelled Chaplin, as in Charlie. ;)

I liked his accent too. And his demeanor was very charming. Overall, I really liked the message of the film, especially how you simply cannot judge someone based on his or her appearance. Not just the Janeane Garofalo character, but also Uma Thurman's. How many people saw Noelle's beauty and ignored the rest of her, figuring there was no brain to bother with? Not even giving her a chance to grow and expand her abilities beyond the modeling? She might not have been as sharp as Abby (Janeane's character), but that doesn't mean she should coast on her looks and not even bother to exercise her brain. That doesn't mean she shouldn't be given a chance to do so.

Likewise, Abby was this smart, funny, kind-hearted woman, but because she didn't have long legs and flowing blonde hair and 'perfect' breasts, people didn't even pay her any attention. They didn't consider her beautiful, but she was beautiful. Just goes to show, no matter what you look like, nothing is ideal. Everyone has some sort of problem. No one is perfect.

Personally, I think people should appreciate and compliment each other more often.

Okay, enough of my philosophical musings for now. :D

I'll be back to answer Marie's questions in the Sofa thread!

Be well, everyone!
xo
Sherry
aka Sinkwriter72
word count: 259
I want to thank anyone who spends part of their day creating [& sharing their experience]. I don't care if it's a book, a film, a painting, a dance, a piece of theater, a piece of music… I think this world would be unlivable without art. ~ S. Soderbergh

Tara
Fan

Post by Tara »

It's my fave version of "Cyrano" and Ben Chaplin makes an adorable Roxanne.
word count: 14
In a world full of Uma Thurmans, everyone has an inner Janine Garafolo who needs to be taken out dancing every once in a while.

mariposa
Fan

Post by mariposa »

I'll wander over to the sofa to continue the Thurman vs. Garofalo musings.

Catch ya over there!
Marie
word count: 19
Mariposa

IntempestaNox
Fan

Post by IntempestaNox »

Hi folks - I'm Jennifer (or Jen, or "hey you"). I'm 31, living in Central FL and work for a big company down here doing data analysis. I've a creative streak too, and fill in my time here and there being artsy (sketchbook trade, writing, learning a role for a reenactment event, sewing a Halloween/SDCC costume together). When I take a breather and collapse on the couch for some tv, I enjoy Bones, among a few other shows (most of them defunct now). I have to say that as much as I appreciated DB's work on Angel (and now with Bones), TJ is my heartthrob on the show. His character being the geeky, yet romantic Hodgins appeals to me, in a geeky, yet romantic analyst girl kinda way. :)
word count: 132
Jennifer
Intempesta Nox >> The Dead of Night
"Uh oh. You have but-face."

Sinkwriter72
King of the Lab

Post by Sinkwriter72 »

Welcome, Jennifer! (Or do you prefer Jen?)

So glad you joined us here. :D

P.S. I read your post over in the 'aliases' thread -- did I read that right, you're a Firefly fan?

IntempestaNox wrote:I have to say that as much as I appreciated DB's work on Angel (and now with Bones), TJ is my heartthrob on the show. His character being the geeky, yet romantic Hodgins appeals to me, in a geeky, yet romantic analyst girl kinda way. :)
Amen to that! I was drawn to his character immediately. I think it's that combination of smarts and charm -- as you say, 'geeky yet romantic.' And TJ plays him impressively well. I hope they give him tons more to do this season.

Anyway, welcome to the forum! Hope to see you around the threads!
word count: 137

IntempestaNox
Fan

Post by IntempestaNox »

Thanks sinkwriter! Most people call me Jen, though if anyone forgets and calls me Jennifer, that's absolutely ok. :wink:

And indeed, I am a Firefly fan. I didn't catch the series until it was cancelled (saw reruns), and after seeing Serenity I decided I had to get all of it on dvd. Aside from Buffy: TVS, Firefly has to be one of my favorite series ever. I enjoy the way Joss Whedon writes. He certainly knows how to play tug-of-war with one's emotions.

(Speaking of which...Dr Horrible's Sing-Along-Blog is good too.)

I'm into a few other shows as well *coughs*Bones*coughs*, but figure I could save that list, however short or long it is, for another thread. Would that go in the "Sofa", or somewheres else?

On TJ, there are so few actors out there that draw me in both physically and with their thespian skill. He's one of the few, and I'm thankful he's has the chance to create and grow into such an interesting character on the show. I'm looking forward to the next season as well - I hope Hodgins is in alot of the storyline.
word count: 202
Jennifer
Intempesta Nox >> The Dead of Night
"Uh oh. You have but-face."