Offtopic Sofa Time

New arrivals, including the hello threads and the sofa.
mariposa
Fan

Re: Offtopic Sofa Time

Post by mariposa »

English Al wrote:BREAKING NEWS

Temperance Jayne Percival was born at 3:00pm exactly today.

Mum and baby doing well.

Dad is knackered after having his fingers squished by labouring mum :lol:

6 pounds 3 if anyone is interested.
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Hey Hey Hey, Alan!!!! CONGRATULATIONS on baby Tempe's safe arrival ... how thrilling for you - I will look at the pictures in a minute. You gave her such a great name ... very romantic, very English! I was laughing SO HARD as I caught up on posts tonight ... I will NEVER trust you with a secret, man - you TOTALLY caved on the name being a secret and all it took was one person (I think Simone was the guilty party) suggesting the name Temperance and out floated your secret like ... a bevy of balloons at the local country fair. :lol: :lol: :lol: You crack me up! You were DYING to tell someone, weren't you? Aaah, the beauty of online friends! (I have done the same thing. I used to tell my online friends that I was pregnant LONG before any of my local friends knew - it was nice to have someone to tell without changing my daily routine in "real life"). At any rate, I sure hope your fingers are healing ... it is actually quite poetic ... you named your daughter after a great character on Bones and you almost broke a few during said daughter's birth. As I said, quite poetic. Being 15 months down the road from my 2nd child's birth ... I still remember those sleepless nights and hazy days quite well. Hang in there and enjoy being a family of 5 - keep those DVD's on repeat! :lol:

Everyone else ... I cannot believe how many days have gone by since I last posted, but it was nice to have some great reading for tonight. I have honestly missed writing on here. The last two weeks have been exhausting and I have some R&R time carved out for me tomorrow and one of the items on my list is to finally finish posting and start replying to some of your great comments on here ... Sherry, Stephanie - thank you for your replies! Stephanie - I started a reply to you the day after you wrote to me and I think it's still saved on my computer, he he. I'm so slow ... I can't wait to write back. Rebecca - welcome back - I will look at pictures soon and I am dreaming of my incredible trip to Europe 5 years ago (hard to believe it's been that long!). Sofi - we'll have to chat more about Bs. As. in the days to come. Yes, I was there during two days of smoke, then it cleared the rest of the 7 days we were there before we headed up to Iguazu. We miss being there and although we love life here in CO, we're excited about moving down there someday. Ciao!

Welcome to Daisy and Rose and all the new flowers in our Thyne garden! I look forward to getting to know you better ...

I'm off to sleep and unless something catastrophic happens ... I'll be back tomorrow.

Good night, everyone!
Marie

PS - I finished S1 and started S2. Did you stateside folks know that TNT is running the episodes on Tues nights? Yeah!

PS JR. (yes, Sherry, I call it ps. jr.) My favorite moment in S1 (can't recall the episode at this moment) is when Hodgins stays behind to tell Angela that he thinks she's doing something incredible and they have a moment with their eyes. I can't remember what was said, but I remember how sweet it was to be watching it! :wink:

PS jr III. Rebecca ... I haven't read every post on here yet, so I'm sure I've missed it somewhere, but just in case it hasn't been asked yet ... what EXACTLY does the Orgasmic Grilled Cheese Sandwich taste like and do you have a recipe for it? HE HE HE!!! :lol:
word count: 670
Mariposa
"More matter with less art." (Gertrude, in Hamlet, Act II, scene ii)

English Al
Fan

Post by English Al »

I really really was dying to tell someone. I didn't tell any of my other internet friends either. We gave the family a massive shock with the name. They were all expecting Isobelle and we changed it two or three weeks prior to Tempe's birth. They're getting used to the name now, although some of the family (even my wifes 82 year old Grandma) had never heard of the name before. Apparently it was popular in the 19th century though.

Tempe is a clever baby already. At 23 hours old she was holding her head up. The next day she was holding it up and looking from side to side! I think it may have something to do with the cord. It was losely wrapped around her neck FIVE times. The midwife was shocked that she wasn't in distress, but luckily Tempe wasn't in the birth canal for long at all to do any damage.

My fingers are fine now. My wife remembered I said she crushed my fingers and apologised yesterday :lol: I said I deserved it!
word count: 182

TJ4ever
King of the Lab

Post by TJ4ever »

I think it's a really great name, Alan!
word count: 9
Angela: Well, what about love? What do you have to say about love?
Hodgins: It´s overrated-most of the time :-)

Dexter: They make it look so easy-connecting with another human being. It's like no one told them it's the hardest thing in the world.

mariposa
Fan

Post by mariposa »

ThyneAlone wrote:Ahhhh, sofa time at last. I fling myself down on the cushions and a mocha appears magically in my hands. Can I get you anything, Marie?

How could I possibly be so steamrollered by schoolwork as to miss such an extraordinary individual moving quietly to our window seat (that's the look-out-and-comment-intelligently-on-the-world-outside one btw - there are far too many people squashing up there at the moment)? Welcome to you! I have had such pleasure perusing your remarkable, articulate contributions this morning (positive proof - I was nearly late for my 6-weekly hairdresser's appointment while I polished them off like a sumptuous meal, and that is practically unheard-of) and feel so privileged to know so much about you, your family and your forthright love of true acting talent. To find out as much about me you will have to cruise the very early pages of this thread - at least until I manage to discover whether we have the software here to create proper profiles a la MySpace and, on a smaller scale, other forums of this type.

The following post was written a very long time ago in response to your first reply to me, Steph. Just imagine that it’s the 1800’s and my reply was temporarily lost at sea … those dreaded pirates! :wink:

Thank you, Steph (and Sherry!), for the warm welcome … this has been a fun 24 hours!

Aaah, thank you for the spot on the sofa (although I did enjoy the window seat and I happen to have a simple one in my living room, designed by me and built by my husband and a friend!). Let me rest my weary bones (pun intended) for a while … it was a late night posting and catching an old S1 episode, “The Boy in the Tree.” When I woke up this morning, I told my husband that it’s a coffee morning, for sure … then I saw you had already brought me some – thank you! It’s a hazelnut latte, right? Perfect! BTW, your hair looks terrific. Looks like you made it to your appointment on time – sorry to have kept you. On second thought, I’m not sorry. I love to read great writing and if someone happens to feel that way about my writing, why should I be sorry?

Steph – no apologies needed … I think we all understand the necessity to pull away from certain pursuits in particular seasons of life – our families and jobs had better come first! You’ll see that I too have my bursts of writing, then something else takes over my calendar and clock, then I’ll be back, just like you are. July 10 is not far away – you’ll make it! Your sewing machine awaits you! The way I’m wired, though, it does hurt me not to be able to communicate through writing. There’s just something magical about the written word, would you agree? Soon enough, you’ll be spinning away at your loom. Or looming over your spindle. Take your pick.

How fascinating that you are a language teacher to the next generation! We’ll have to talk more about that. I speak three other languages: Tagalog (the Filipino language - fluent), Spanish and Italian (conversational), but unfortunately have not ventured out into French, nor German. I can imitate them speaking English if I try hard, though! :lol: I’m a huge fan of the now-deceased series, Alias, starring Jennifer Garner as a CIA agent who flew all around the world and kicked bad peoples’ heinies with her language and kung-fu skills … and in my dreams, I speak every language she did while secretly saving the world at the same time. Now, she and Hodgins would make a great crime-fighting and crime-solving team! Incidentally, I read to my husband what you said about fanfic.net and he said it would be great if I’d write special episode scripts in which my favorite characters from different shows actually meet and work together … like the cast of Bones meets the Sports Night team (one of Aaron Sorkin’s brilliant creations!). I doubt I’d have much time for that these days, but it can go on my bucket list, for sure.

More in a few minutes … that latte went right through me and now I need to go find the loo. Sorry, couldn’t resist!

Marie
word count: 742
Mariposa

mariposa
Fan

Post by mariposa »

ThyneAlone wrote:

We have a vast well of talent here, as I believe Sherry has told you elsewhere - actors, singers, artists, poets, writers of various genres - I love coming here.

I AGREE! I can see, from the bits and pieces which I have read, that the well of talent does, indeed, run deep on this site. I love coming here too and I'm going to have to put an appointment in my calendar to come on here regularly so as not to miss out too much! Maybe someday I'll get my script written about a tender-hearted, perhaps slightly off-center group of friends who all met online. Wanna audition for a part? Actually, that one is on my idea shelf right next to the one about a young gal who gets drawn into a family's comedy and drama after her address is mistakenly added to their group email distribution list. This is loosely based on an actual event in my husband's family. After dh's Grandpa died last September, my mother-in-law received an email from a gal bearing the same name as one of the cousins in the family and said something like, "I've really enjoyed all your family banter for the last year and I'm sorry to see that your father has finally passed away - he was an incredible man and your family is really wonderful. Could you please take me off your mailing list because I don't think I'm meant to be on it." That was a gross over-generalization of her original email, but i don't want to write the entire script on here! Not yet, anyway. He he! My idea shelf is full, as I'm sure all of yours are ...

I am still catching up on the beginning pages of this thread, to get a feel for who is who ... (or is that who is whom?). Anywho ... it looks like Sherry likes to write A LOT too! Your reply is coming!
Marie
word count: 339
Mariposa

mariposa
Fan

Post by mariposa »

ThyneAlone wrote:
I am married with two gorgeous sons, 19 and 15, I teach French and German to 11-18-year-olds, write poetry and am involved in various branches of drama and choral singing (my husband, who teaches drama, also does a lot of semi-pro and amateur operatic work). I have moderated since 2001 on a support website for sufferers of epilepsy, from which I also suffer in a very mild form (don't drive, but that has been the only frustration, it's never hindered me any other way). Plus I love all kinds of craft in my spare time, mainly making teddy bears for friends, relatives, charity and commissions. One of our members here has received a handmade teddy from me, and if anyone else is interested and doesn't mind giving me his/her address (and I would expect people to be chary of that on the Net), I'm more than willing to oblige; my holidays commence on July 10th and I will be turning to my old friend the sewing machine for relaxation.
Wow! How do make time for it all? What's your secret? :lol:

i used to teach 12-18 year olds here in the U.S. Taught English Lit and Communications ... I miss the students, I DON'T miss the administrative tasks related to teaching. I can't remember if I mentioned this in my introduction post, but I am a full-time stay at home mommy to a 4 1/2 year old daughter and a 15 month old son. So ... it's quite different from dealing with middle and high schoolers, but then again, sometimes it feels like one and the same, especially when their combined decibels exceed my brain's ability to tune them out! :lol:

Of course I would love a handmade teddy bear from England!! How many pounds would it be? (Currency, not weight). Didn't you know I sent Rebecca to meet you and make sure you were a legitimate person just so I could get a bear? :wink: She was the only person I could con to spend her own money to go. Everyone else I approached wanted ME to pay their way. The nerve! Just kidding (in case you haven't had your coffee yet and you don't realize I am completely bluffing here). But wanting a bear isn't a bluff ... I can email my address to you! I haven't looked at Rebecca's pics yet, but I hope to see one of the bear you made her - it sounded cute!

Back to truth telling, :wink:, I admire you for supporting those who struggle through epilepsy. I read somewhere tonight that trials are gifts which God gives us, wrapped in burlap. I'm still digesting that idea and I think I'll be doing some writing about it. I'm sure you'll agree that our challenges and disappointments in life do serve to make us better if they don't embitter us. Do you walk everywhere, then, in addition to being chauffered, or do you ride bikes? Just curious! What's your favorite opera which your dh has done? Ok, enough questions, Marie, let the lady talk!

Welcome to your holiday ...

Marie

word count: 540
Mariposa

mariposa
Fan

Post by mariposa »

English Al wrote:Hopefully you'll be able to see the pictures, although I have set it to a private album so I'm not sure.

http://family.webshots.com/album/564118989Kzbzcp

Oh my, Alan ... Tempe is BEAUTIFUL! I just saw the pics. Congrats, again! Actually, all your kids are too cute! Thanks for sharing. Truly, Tempe is stunning. I'd say "I could eat her" but in light of the the last few episodes of S3, I dare not raise the ludicrous possibility in your minds that I'm a Gorgmogon apprentice! :wink: She is also obviously very smart, with holding up her head and all, LOL. :lol: You'd better alert the Jeffersonian about her ... or better yet, Scotland Yard!

Your wife looks awfully familiar ... but I can't quite place the resemblance/memory ... maybe she was out walking the streets of Yorkshire when dh and I were there 5 years ago. Just kidding!

Good night everyone ... it's late.
Marie
Last edited by mariposa on Sat Jul 19, 2008 2:28 pm, edited 1 time in total. word count: 161
Mariposa

Sinkwriter72
King of the Lab

Post by Sinkwriter72 »

Hello and welcome back, Marie!

First off, it seems you and my sister were pregnant at almost the same time ... both times! My older sister Lisa has a son who will be five in October (so that makes him, what, 4 years and approx. 9 months?), and she has a daughter who will be 2 in August. Wacky, huh?

mariposa wrote: Incidentally, I read to my husband what you said about fanfic.net and he said it would be great if I’d write special episode scripts in which my favorite characters from different shows actually meet and work together … like the cast of Bones meets the Sports Night team (one of Aaron Sorkin’s brilliant creations!).
*salivates at the very thought* Sports Night... classic. Love it, love it, love it! (Though I will contend that Dana's 'dating plan' was aggravatingly stupid. Grr.)
mariposa wrote: Maybe someday I'll get my script written about a tender-hearted, perhaps slightly off-center group of friends who all met online. Wanna audition for a part? Actually, that one is on my idea shelf right next to the one about a young gal who gets drawn into a family's comedy and drama after her address is mistakenly added to their group email distribution list.
Loving the ideas! Very clever. Go with it, I say! :D

mariposa wrote: Anywho ... it looks like Sherry likes to write A LOT too!
*ahem* I confess to nothing!

8)

Okay, okay, yes, I write a lot. But I'm delightfully well-intentioned! *sheepish grin*

mariposa wrote: Your reply is coming!
Promises, promises... ;)

(Teasing, Marie! Only teasing. Seriously, take your time. I know how life schedules can be.)

Sincerely, I'm delighted to see everyone popping on to chat. I hope you're all having a wonderful weekend.

~ Sherry
aka Sinkwriter72
word count: 302
I want to thank anyone who spends part of their day creating [& sharing their experience]. I don't care if it's a book, a film, a painting, a dance, a piece of theater, a piece of music… I think this world would be unlivable without art. ~ S. Soderbergh

mariposa
Fan

Post by mariposa »

Ok, Sherry, I’m back for you! I told ya I’d be back, oh you of little faith … JK!

Aaaah, one kid is asleep (Oh Lord, please let it last!), the other is dressed like a cat and is prowling around her room (I painted her face to look like one and I half expect the song “MEMORY” to come belting out of her dressing room any moment), DH is getting the oil changed on the car (1500 miles too late due to our Argentina trip – we’re so bad) and I am comfy on the sofa. I’m watching my ALIAS S1 on DVD … if you guys haven’t watched the show, watch the 1st 3 episodes and I guarantee you’ll be hooked (if you like spy thrillers, that is! There’s plenty of romance mixed in, don’t worry!). Sydney Bristow rocks … but this is TJ’s site, so even though he won’t see this – YOU ROCK TOO, TJ! So now, I’m ready to write, woohoo!

I’m working my way backwards … starting with your most recent post.

Sinkwriter72 wrote:Hello and welcome back, Marie!

First off, it seems you and my sister were pregnant at almost the same time ... both times! My older sister Lisa has a son who will be five in October (so that makes him, what, 4 years and approx. 9 months?), and she has a daughter who will be 2 in August. Wacky, huh?
Actually ... my DD and DS are both adopted! I can't remember if I posted that on the intro thread or not - it was so long ago (and so long, wordy me!) - just can't recall it right off the bat. So, no, I was not pg the same time as your sister ... but we're at similar stages in life, that's for sure! You know right about where I'm at, then! I've had 4 first-trimester miscarriages ... lost a total of 5 babies as the first one was a twin pregnancy. I have no trouble GETTING pg, it's just keeping the pg that's impossible, so far. So, we're happy to be adoptive parents and I've actually just today found out about a sibling group of 3 sisters (a 5 year old and two 1 year old twins) whom the county is having trouble placing because all 3 of them have to stay together ... I am SO TEMPTED to just go for it. It would cost us $0 as opposed to the expensive private adoption we just did (cost us $18,000+ for our son and it took us 15 months to pay it off - whew!) ... and their birth parents have already terminated parental rights so there would be no risk of losing them to the birth family once we took them in. Oh, we have a lot to think about!! I seriously would just love to take them in, but we're not sure right now if we can. We'll see ...

*salivates at the very thought* Sports Night... classic. Love it, love it, love it! (Though I will contend that Dana's 'dating plan' was aggravatingly stupid. Grr.)

YES YES YES!!! I couldn't wait to answer this question when I saw you had posted it. I own the Sports Night DVD's and DH and I still watch them and bust up laughing every time - doesn't matter which episode it is. We followed West Wing for a couple of seasons, but I lost interest because 1) I really do hate politics and 2) I had other cool things to watch and keep up with, so it just got dumped. Sorry, Aaron! I don't meet a lot of people who know what Sports Night was ... so it's so cool to be able to chat it up with someone! I agree ... Dana needed something ... anything ... to override her 'dating plan' - a shrink, pills, a life-coach ... Casey was equally delightful and loser-ish in his inability to just go for it with her. Too bad we'll never know what happened, LOL! So, in your world, do they end up together or apart? :wink:
mariposa wrote: Maybe someday I'll get my script written about a tender-hearted, perhaps slightly off-center group of friends who all met online. Wanna audition for a part? Actually, that one is on my idea shelf right next to the one about a young gal who gets drawn into a family's comedy and drama after her address is mistakenly added to their group email distribution list.
Loving the ideas! Very clever. Go with it, I say! :D

stay tuned!
mariposa wrote: Anywho ... it looks like Sherry likes to write A LOT too!
*ahem* I confess to nothing!

8)

Okay, okay, yes, I write a lot. But I'm delightfully well-intentioned! *sheepish grin*

Hey, in my book writing a lot is a good thing. People don't have to read us, you know! We can start a wordy girl club! :wink: [/color]
mariposa wrote: Your reply is coming!
[/quote]

Promises, promises... ;)

(Teasing, Marie! Only teasing. Seriously, take your time. I know how life schedules can be.)

No problem. I can take teasing and I can dole it out. Life would be so boring without teasing and the occasional sarcastic jab. Bring it on! :lol:

Sincerely, I'm delighted to see everyone popping on to chat. I hope you're all having a wonderful weekend.

We have ... went to downtown Denver this morning with my family to enjoy some kid festival thingy ... DD enjoyed meeting the Colorado Ballet folks and dressing up in a real ballerina tutu (have you ever seen how many snaps and clasps they have on those things? Whatever happened to Velcro?). It was a very fun morning (HOT) just wandering around and mingling with the city folks.

Back for more in a bit. I think DH is taking me out today to pick out a new laptop (LOVE HIM!!!) b/c our desktop PC is dying and as much writing as I'm doing these days, I really need a laptop. Woohoo! New toy joy!

Now, your turn to answer a few :?:'s ...

You've just moved recently, right? How is life in your new digs?
Maybe you've already shared this on previous posts (sorry if it's a repeat, but there are some newbies on here, like me), but what do you do for a living? When did you discover your passion for writing?

Actually, that's a question I have for everyone who wants to chime in - when/how did you first discover your love for your talent, be it writing, art, etc?

Marie

PS - I cannot figure out how to do the quote boxes in segments, so some of my answers to you, Sherry, come in quote boxes too and some of your quotes aren't in boxes. Don't have time to edit that bit now ... DS is awake and screaming for me in his crib. Ciao!
Last edited by mariposa on Sat Jul 19, 2008 3:16 pm, edited 4 times in total. word count: 1173
Mariposa

skftex
TJ Team Validator

Post by skftex »

Hello everyone! Long time no read! I've just finished reading the pages and pages since the last time I made it here. Lots going on.

I probably mentioned I was taking a summer course this summer, a 10 week Calculus II class-well its the reason I haven't had much time for anything. I'm having a hard time in the class, I struggle with the material and the teaching style. I believe it is up to me to adjust to the teacher not the other way around, so I am just having to deal with it. Anyway, only 8 more classes to go so I'll be soooooooooooooo glad to have that over with. Not that my fall classes make me salivate or anything but at least I'll only have two more nasty math courses after this one!

First need to say glad to hear you have settled from the move Sherry. Hope things are going well. I understand how it is to make a move like that-I basically did the same thing back in 2003.

Loved reading about the Steph-Rebecca meeting. Sounds like you had a good time. Cute little bear too.

Congrats to English Al on the birth of your daughter. Nice name choice!

Simone, sorry your team didn't win that tournament, though I don't watch any football(soccer) at all. I think I never answered your last myspace message, I need to do that-I read a spoiler (not Bones related) that I thought you might be interested in-don't want to put it on here because I don't know what shows people watch and spoil someone else!

I'm just going to have to do a blanket hello to everyone else because I'm afraid I'd leave someone off.

word count: 304
Blessed are they who see beautiful things in humble places where other people see nothing.-Camille Pissarro

mariposa
Fan

Post by mariposa »

Hi there, skftex. We were online at the same time! My sympathies to you ... I HATE Calculus, with a passion. Good for you - keep trucking on!

BTW, I love the graphic in your signature ... did you create it? Very cool, either way!

How great that we're all brought together by our fanship of TJ! Speaking of which ... this site has had no admin action since Feb ... any word on when that might change? Just curious!

Marie
word count: 77
Mariposa

TJ4ever
King of the Lab

Post by TJ4ever »

Hey Sharon! Great that you're back! :) No rush with the answer to my message on myspace, but I am really looking forward to it! :) (Still haven't put the photos on the site. Sorry! I hope I can do it, soon!)

Really sorry that you had such a hard time in the class!

Take care!
Simone
word count: 57

Dexter: They make it look so easy-connecting with another human being. It's like no one told them it's the hardest thing in the world.

mariposa
Fan

Post by mariposa »

SIMONE! STEPH! We're all online at the same time!

Is there a chat place on here?!

Marie
word count: 18
Mariposa

TJ4ever
King of the Lab

Post by TJ4ever »

Hey Marie! Unfortunately not - (yet?!?!?!?!)

Hey Steph! You're up late! :wink: :)
word count: 11

ThyneAlone
TJ Team Validator

Post by ThyneAlone »

Not...yet. I am enquiring about it though. Problem is that all the people involved with administering the site, as opposed to being a lowly mod such as I, are really busy at the moment. I am working on it. But that is why the site has come to a bit of a halt. We had a management team who had lots of ideas and started things off but then just got swamped. Hence lack of updates. Rebecca and I are trying to give new girl Karen a bit of space before we start up again all the things we had underway...like we have sent lots of questions for TJ to answer, and we have voted for pictures for a calendar of him and so on. At present Karen is overwhelmed with trying to clear the backlog - the writers' strikedidn't help any!!

Sharon, welcome. Great to see you back and I absolutely bow to you for knowing anything at all about calculus!!!

Yep Simone I am indeed up late. You wouldn't believe what a day we have had. It was son no.2's sadly final football club presentation; they are having to fold and the lads will all split up and go to different clubs. I'll just post this so Marie knows I'm alive, then I'll tell you about it all.
word count: 228
"We make our lives out of chaos and hope. And love." - Angela Montenegro

TJ4ever
King of the Lab

Post by TJ4ever »

ThyneAlone wrote:You wouldn't believe what a day we have had. It was son no.2's sadly final football club presentation; they are having to fold and the lads will all split up and go to different clubs.
Really sorry to hear that, Steph. Will he go to a new club?
word count: 53

ThyneAlone
TJ Team Validator

Post by ThyneAlone »

Right, well, you would visualise teacher on vacation as being relaxing, wouldn't you, especially a week into the holiday? Well, my beloved is secretary of our son's under-15 football team and so one of the main organisers of the awards presentation this afternoon. Huge workload which makes me blink at him in admiration and then wonder how on earth he will fill the void when he actually has a moment at weekends. This morning his to-do list would have looked pretty daunting to anyone really. Prepare sandwiches and pizzas for the buffet. Sort out old newsletters of which people will want souvenir copies. Get up-to-date newsletter printed at local shop. Print, label and laminate team certificates. Print inserts for picturedisk souvenir of Club history and then get the disks burnt. Sort out the raffle tickets and prizes for which we are responsible. Prepare tomorrow's food in advance because of commitments tomorrow as well.

Then it started being One Of Those Days. You know. There's a bubble in the toothpaste tube and it spurts all over hubby's black shirt. The fly button leaps off his jeans as he gets dressed. None of the local print shops are open. Son no.2 realises that he cannot walk anywhere in his trainers, the soles of which are literally falling off, and he has to be zoomed up to the sports shop for a new pair to wear at the party. I sorted the panic about the printing by just hauling the whole lot up to my school to photocopy, ethics be damned, we were desperate. Son no.2 helped fold them all and get them into order. Home, and beloved and sprog dive off for the trainers; I cut the inserts to size, write names on the certificates, laminate them (only 1 went wrong and had to be redone!), son no.1 mends the trousers, does the pizzas, butters bread for the butties. Hubby comes home, finishes off spare jobs and burns some CDs. We were finished and dressed for out JUST in time. Consequently late at night is the one time I've had to visit the site in peace! Thanks Marie for your private message, will get back to you.

Simone, that's nice of you to ask about Peter's club. He is actually OK as he has another, secondary, Sunday team which still needs him, and he also attends a goalie school which he loves on Fridays. He'll miss this one, but it hasn't left him bereft.
word count: 429

TJ4ever
King of the Lab

Post by TJ4ever »

Wow! A really stressful day!

Yeah, still here! Can't seem to say goodbye! :wink: But I'll go now! So tired!

Good night!

Simone
word count: 24

ThyneAlone
TJ Team Validator

Post by ThyneAlone »

I should think so, young lady, you are an hour ahead of me and I'm whacked! Schlaf gut!
word count: 19

TJ4ever
King of the Lab

Post by TJ4ever »

:) Du auch!
word count: 2