The Card Calendar

General TJ stuff
Sinkwriter72
King of the Lab

Re: The Card Calendar

Post by Sinkwriter72 »

sofilps wrote:Next Tuesday morning I'm going to Starbucks, when every teenager in Buenos Aires is at school and only the working people are on the streets! hahaha.
My advice, Sofi? Try going at a time of day that isn't around any sort of 'rush hour.' For example, not at a time when people might be stopping in there on their way to work, and not at lunch time. Then you might be able to avoid some of the crowds. Then again, since the Starbucks is so new to your area, it might be crowded for a while, until it becomes normal for it to be there and the novelty has worn off. :D

I'm not a coffee kind of gal, but I do enjoy their Chai Tea Latte (which is chai tea with various spices and steamed milk--yummy!). I also like their hot cocoa (or hot chocolate, depending on what they name it). And of course if they have some sort of fruit smoothie, that's great for me! Anyway, have fun! :mrgreen:
sofilps wrote:Sherry, the PM is on your way.
Cool! I'm excited to try making your recipe! Thanks, Sofi!
word count: 196

sofilps
Super Fan

Post by sofilps »

I know, now it's very crowded because of that. Because it's new. We would wait until it becomes normal but we found out that we are just like anybody else and we want to taste it as soon as possible!! :P We're positive that Tuesday morning will be a good time, and if it's not...well we're going to be patient and wait in the line.

One of my friends that went ordered an orange juice because she doesn't like coffee very much!! WE WANTED TO KILL HER!! kiiiiiillllll herrrr!!! it's a sin!! c'mon!! you're in starbucks for the first time and you go and order an orange juice?? what's that!?!??!?!! ldkajdakdask but she had a muffin and said it was the best muffin she ever had. At least something positive! hahaha.
Sinkwriter72 wrote:Cool! I'm excited to try making your recipe! Thanks, Sofi!
You are welcome ;) let me know how it goes after!
word count: 164
~ s o f i

TJ4ever
King of the Lab

Post by TJ4ever »

Happy belated birthday, sofi! - Sorry, a little late I know! Good to hear that you had a great day!

Take care!
Simone
word count: 22
Angela: Well, what about love? What do you have to say about love?
Hodgins: It´s overrated-most of the time :-)

Dexter: They make it look so easy-connecting with another human being. It's like no one told them it's the hardest thing in the world.

ThyneAlone
TJ Team Validator

Post by ThyneAlone »

To all our wonderful French members:
HAPPY NATIONAL DAY!
word count: 9
"We make our lives out of chaos and hope. And love." - Angela Montenegro

Sinkwriter72
King of the Lab

Post by Sinkwriter72 »

CONGRATULATIONS to English Al!!

I hope you and your family enjoy every moment, as you get to know your precious new sweetheart.

Welcome to the world, little Temperance Jayne Percival! :D

xo
Sherry
aka Sinkwriter72
word count: 34

ThyneAlone
TJ Team Validator

Post by ThyneAlone »

OOH Sherry! You got in first! Wishing you much love, excitement and maybe a modicum of sleep in the weeks to come, Al. All the very best to you and the family. <<hug>>
word count: 33

TJ4ever
King of the Lab

Post by TJ4ever »

CONGRATULATIONS Alan to you and your wife, again! WELCOME TO THE WORLD, TEMPERANCE! :D

Best wishes,
Simone
word count: 16

Dexter: They make it look so easy-connecting with another human being. It's like no one told them it's the hardest thing in the world.

mariposa
Fan

Post by mariposa »

Ok, I've finally ventured out onto other threads. This is great reading fare!

I'm posting this 3 days early ... mostly because I have a feeling that when the actual anniversary rolls around, I'll forget until the end of the day to post it. Sorry if this is "too serious" to put on here, but Steph's explanation on the first post said bereavement msgs are allowed ...

July 23 is when we celebrate the lives of our twins whom I miscarried in December 2002. They would be 6 years old this year. Since they died around 10 and 11 weeks, we had no idea of the genders, so we gave them gender neutral names: Jorrie Noel (Jorrie is Jordan's name and my name combined) and Judah Noel. On July 23 we celebrate and mourn.

it might be silly to some, but for those 10/11 weeks that I carried them in me - I was the happiest mom of twins on this earth.

I miss them to this day.

I will shed a few tears, probably, and be a little blue all week as certain memories hit me ... but I know I will survive! Grace exists!

Marie
word count: 199
Mariposa
"More matter with less art." (Gertrude, in Hamlet, Act II, scene ii)

TJ4ever
King of the Lab

Post by TJ4ever »

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, KIMBER!

Hope you'll have a great day!

Maybe you could tell us a bit about it. Haven't heard from you for a long time.

HAVE FUN!!!

Simone
word count: 31

Sinkwriter72
King of the Lab

Post by Sinkwriter72 »

Marie, I missed your heartfelt post here, from late last month. I feel like such an a**. Forgive the lateness. :(

I send hugs to you and your family. I hope this year the blues of your past paled in comparison to the joy of your present.

Be well.

xo
Sherry
word count: 50

Sinkwriter72
King of the Lab

Post by Sinkwriter72 »

And to my friend KimberKatie, with whom I've not had the pleasure of speaking in so very long...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, KIMBER!!

:mrgreen:

Hope it's fabulous in so many ways.

Lots of love,
Sherry
word count: 34

ThyneAlone
TJ Team Validator

Post by ThyneAlone »

Ooh, everyone got there ahead of me!

KIMBER - HEARTFELT GOOD WISHES. WE MISS YOU, COME BACK SOON!
word count: 17

ThyneAlone
TJ Team Validator

Post by ThyneAlone »

Marie, I too was guilty of not seeing your post for your beloved lost children. Please forgive me. I think it is vital to remember our special people with dignity and love, and I think a dedicated day is wonderful. I hope the day was not too sombre and that you were able to recall the moments of happiness you had experienced with Jorrie and Judah. Even if the feelings are painful, who would want to forget? <<hug>>
word count: 78

TJ4ever
King of the Lab

Post by TJ4ever »

Marie, I've read your post back then, but could'nt find the right words to write anything! Sorry!
Simone
word count: 20

bonesaddict11
Super Fan

Post by bonesaddict11 »

Happy Belated Brithday Kimber!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
word count: 4

ThyneAlone
TJ Team Validator

Post by ThyneAlone »

HAPPY BIRTHDAY SHERRY!
Have a great day.
word count: 7

sofilps
Super Fan

Post by sofilps »

Sherry!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Happy Birthday!!!! I know I've been a little off around here but I hope everything is doing well for you and I hope you have a great day.

Hugs!
word count: 31
~ s o f i

late_heart
Fan

happy birthday (and a special thanks )

Post by late_heart »

Happiest of days to our marvelous Sherry!

Much love to you today, dear friend, and all good things for the year to come.

And thank you, TJ, because if I hadn't come to these boards I never would have met such a wonderful person, and I'd never have gotten to know her and call her my friend -- in the truest, 'help you bury the body' way.

You've drawn a great group of lovely folks together, TJ. Good work, you.
word count: 82
...he remains Hodgins of the unstoppable libido, with the constantly coiling Kundalini, the freaky twist of mystic master meets geekzilla. He’s still a poet, a shaman of the weird, and he’s in there, somewhere...

Sinkwriter72
King of the Lab

Post by Sinkwriter72 »

devours the delicious cupcake from ThyneAlone's message*

*mouth still full* Thank you, Steph! :mrgreen:

And thank you, Sofi! I left you a little note on your LJ. Thank you again for the birthday wishes there, too. *hugs you*

You guys are making me feel very loved, and I really appreciate that.

Lastly, to late_heart... thank you enormously for the messages all over the place today. I swear, you posted a birthday message to almost every site I frequent! *laughs delightedly* I cannot tell you what that has meant to me. Well, mostly I don't have to, because you already know. Thank you for the comfort and the hope at a time when I really needed it. Thanks most especially for the love.

And the drabble. ;)

I'm very lucky to have 'met' such wonderful people. It seems impossible in a setting such as this. It's unimaginably remarkable, and I'm very grateful. Words cannot express...

Between the expressions from you guys and the cards I got from my family today, including one hilarious musical card I got from my four-year-old nephew and the "my aunt is awesomely cool" card I got from my two-year-old niece (complete with her colorful scribbles on the back)... my heart is overflowing with love today.

Thank you all.

xoxoooo
Sherry
aka Sinkwriter72
word count: 224
I want to thank anyone who spends part of their day creating [& sharing their experience]. I don't care if it's a book, a film, a painting, a dance, a piece of theater, a piece of music… I think this world would be unlivable without art. ~ S. Soderbergh

TJ4ever
King of the Lab

Post by TJ4ever »

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, SHERRY!!! :D

Upps, a bit late, but still in time - at least in Germany! :D

HAVE A GREAT DAY!!!

Love,

Simone
word count: 21