Offtopic Sofa Time

New arrivals, including the hello threads and the sofa.
bonesaddict11
Super Fan

Re: Offtopic Sofa Time

Post by bonesaddict11 »

Rebecca, sorry to hear about the surgery and everything, but i am glad the surgery went well.
Sinkwriter72 wrote:P.S. to Dohee -- was it you who was watching Prison Break? Did you watch this week's season premiere? :D
Yes i did!! I thought it was quite entertaining. I had a little trouble remembering what all had happened in the seasons before. It is such an intense show. What did you think?
word count: 72

TJ4ever
King of the Lab

Post by TJ4ever »

Sherry, I was on myspace today and learned that you are sick. So sorry about that! How are you now?
So, you like the music of Doctor Who, too? :wink: :)

Steph, how are you? Can you talk again?

This weekend was a bit boring! Nothing really happend! Bought a lot on ebay! :wink:

Don't know if I can make it to this board the next days! Very busy at work and after work! Guess I will be back next weekend!

As we not even have season 3 of Bones on German TV let alone season 4 :x I cannot comment here much. :( Very sorry about that! But I will look in the Internet if I can find the season opener of season 4 somewhere!

See you next week(end)! :)

Simone
Last edited by TJ4ever on Sun Sep 07, 2008 2:21 pm, edited 1 time in total. word count: 128
Angela: Well, what about love? What do you have to say about love?
Hodgins: It´s overrated-most of the time :-)

Dexter: They make it look so easy-connecting with another human being. It's like no one told them it's the hardest thing in the world.

begolden
Conspiracy Theorist

Post by begolden »

Thanks for the kind words, everyone. Dad is recuperating nicely. He has a pretty good appetite, is walking around the block every day, but still has low energy. I told him to be patient as it has only been two weeks since he's been home from the hospital. He's got that touch Scotch-Irish blood in him, so I'm not worried!
word count: 64
Fan of the Orgasmic Grilled Cheese Sandwich

TJ4ever
King of the Lab

Post by TJ4ever »

Hey Sharon! You're a SUPER FAN now! :) Congratulations!

Simone
word count: 10

Dexter: They make it look so easy-connecting with another human being. It's like no one told them it's the hardest thing in the world.

TJ4ever
King of the Lab

Post by TJ4ever »

OK, you might not believe it, but today season 3 of Bones starts here in Germany! FINALLY!!! *waves*! Before it they show a new episode of CSI - so gotta go!

I will be back tomorrow!

Take care!

Simone
word count: 38

TJ4ever
King of the Lab

Post by TJ4ever »

Looks like I am talking to myself here. :wink:

Just want to let you know how happy I am today! :D

I GOT 2 TICKETS FOR HAMLET IN LONDON WITH DAVID TENNANT :!: :D

So, so happy about it! You should see me dancing around my desk! :wink:

But it wasn't easy to get those tickets. Tried it online because I was a bit scared to call the box office, but it did not work. I think the server broke down, or so. Because I almost got my tickets, typed in my credit card number and all the other details and wanted to confirm everything, then suddenly you always got a site "server to busy - error -" or so. Of course I tried it by phone, too, but I couldn't get through. Then
suddenly after over an hour I got through to the box office, and was able to book my tickets! :D That cost me my lunch break at work. But thankfully I wasn't disturbed by doing this! Very stressfull day! I am tired but happy!!! :D

See you!
Take care!
Simone.
word count: 178

Sinkwriter72
King of the Lab

Post by Sinkwriter72 »

Simone, that is FANTASTIC! I am greeeeeen with envy over your wonderful fortune. How exciting!! And isn't Patrick Stewart in that show, along with David Tennant? Seriously, the two of them together... really awesome. Oh, I wish I could be there and see that show with you.

Have a marvelous time, and you better come back with stories about how it was! Promise? :D

P.S. Because I'm finally catching up on my responses... yes, I was sick with a bad head cold/sinus thing over the last week and a half. I've still got a little bit going on, but it's much, much better than it was, so that's a good thing. Thanks so much for your well wishes.

And yes, I am enjoying the music of Doctor Who. Are you? :mrgreen: I've seen sporadic episodes from seasons 2 and 3 (and really loved the music in the episode "Doomsday" in the final scenes after Rose and the Doctor were separated), but this week the Sci-Fi channel aired a marathon of 8 episodes from season 1, so I'm finally starting to see the show in order, at long last! I'm really enjoying it. Do you watch the program? Given your enthusiasm over Mr. David Tennant, I'm assuming you do. ;)
word count: 218
I want to thank anyone who spends part of their day creating [& sharing their experience]. I don't care if it's a book, a film, a painting, a dance, a piece of theater, a piece of music… I think this world would be unlivable without art. ~ S. Soderbergh

ThyneAlone
TJ Team Validator

Post by ThyneAlone »

Sinkwriter72 wrote:Simone, that is FANTASTIC! I am greeeeeen with envy over your wonderful fortune.
Mmm. I would hate her if she wasn't so nice! We haven't got round to trying for ours yet but we are veeeerrry busy around that particular out-of-term period that would be our only option. Half term (2 week holiday 17/10 onwards) would have been excellent if I actually knew when my accursed jury service was going to end, it could mess up my entire holiday.
Sinkwriter72 wrote:And isn't Patrick Stewart in that show, along with David Tennant?
Indeed, and playing both daddy and uncle, I believe, so that should be interesting. Mr Stewart has never yet let me down with his thoughtful portrayals. He has an amazing voice that grips you (like TJ's does actually, now I would adore to see his Hamlet.)
When are you going, Simone? Who knows - I have met lots of cyberfriends on my travels...:)
word count: 163
"We make our lives out of chaos and hope. And love." - Angela Montenegro

TJ4ever
King of the Lab

Post by TJ4ever »

In fact the play came to my attention way before I became a fan of Doctor Who and David Tennant because of Patrick Stewart. I am also a fan of Star Trek-TNG. Saw Patrick Stewart already in two plays (A Christmas Carol in New York and The Masterbuilder in London) and at one Star Trek-Convention in London. He is great on stage! I really adore him! I read that David is in the play, too, but it did not interested me back then. Otherwise I could have avoided this very stressful day yesterday and bought tickets at the priority booking periode. The whole Doctor Who thing is very new to me and I didn't expected such a run for the tickets so I decided to buy them when public booking starts. When I realized it, it was too late.

So my stress level was really high yesterday, because I wanted to watch this play so badly! I must admit that... (TJ, cover your ears :wink: ) I like David Tennant much better than TJ at the moment.

As I had to work I considered to come a bit later to work, but I thought to buy the tickets on the internet is gonna take only a few minutes so I went to work. But when the booking opened (at 11am here in Germany) I realized it's gonna take a while because their server was very busy and couldn't handle the oncoming storm :wink: !

Then, after an hour (my nice and very understanding co-workers covered for me! Thankfully all my bosses were on a business trip or on vacation! :wink: ) their server crashed. Just a minute before I finished my booking! :( During that hour I of course tried it via the phone, too, but had no luck. After that I said I try it so long to call the box office until someone pick up. And after over an hour someone did. (At the David Tennant forum someone wrote that it would have been easier to get the Queen on the phone yesterday! :) )

Really looking forward to it! Of course I will tell you all how it was, Sherry. Oh, and you're right, the music in Doomsday was really memorable. Had it still in my head days after I saw this episode. So sad! And David was so great in this episode!

How great would it be to see TJ's Hamlet, too. In the interview he said he is gonna consider doing it.

Sherry, hope you had fun watching season 1 of Doctor Who. Chistopher Eccleston was so great as the Doctor! But season 2 is my favourite one till now! David and Billie are so great together! I bought season 3 on DVD. It was ok, but I didn't like Freema so much! But the season finale (the 3parter) was amazing. I can really recommend the episode Utopia! Captain Jack is back and he is brilliant! :) So look out for this episode.

Upps, sorry for this long post, but yesterday was an exciting day and I am still very excited! :D

Did I forgot to mention anything? Just write if I did!

Have a great weekend!

Simone
Last edited by TJ4ever on Sat Oct 11, 2008 7:21 am, edited 2 times in total. word count: 531

Sinkwriter72
King of the Lab

Post by Sinkwriter72 »

Hi, all you supportive friends. Just popping in to let you know for sure that I did not get that job I interviewed for about a month ago. Got a form letter in the mail today. :oops:

I just wanted to thank you for all the pep talks and the kind encouragement you gave me. Much, much appreciated. *hugs you all*

And now...

*forehead pressed firmly to desk*

Back to the drawing board. :roll:
word count: 72
I want to thank anyone who spends part of their day creating [& sharing their experience]. I don't care if it's a book, a film, a painting, a dance, a piece of theater, a piece of music… I think this world would be unlivable without art. ~ S. Soderbergh

ThyneAlone
TJ Team Validator

Post by ThyneAlone »

:(
so sorry for that, Sherry. They could have informed you earlier. It can't have taken a full month to process things. I feel for you. But somewhere out there that special job is waiting for you (yeurrghh, hope that doesn't sound too much like Booth!). You deserve it and you are going to get it. Fingers still painfully crossed.
word count: 61

Sinkwriter72
King of the Lab

Post by Sinkwriter72 »

Deep down I'm not sure I even wanted that particular job, but... the rejection still stings a bit. I feel like a deflated balloon this afternoon. And of course it stirs up the ever-present question, "Now what?"
ThyneAlone wrote: I feel for you. But somewhere out there that special job is waiting for you (yeurrghh, hope that doesn't sound too much like Booth!).
*chuckling* "You just have to be open enough to see it."

Yeah, shut up, Booth. I'm not in the mood. ;)

tee hee.

Thanks for the love, and the crossed fingers, Steph. *hugs you*
word count: 100

TJ4ever
King of the Lab

Post by TJ4ever »

Ah, Sherry, so so sorry about that!!!
ThyneAlone wrote::(
Fingers still painfully crossed.
ditto!

Hope you'll find a new job, soon. Any more interviews in the next time?

Chin up! Things will get better!

Simone
word count: 36

TJ4ever
King of the Lab

Post by TJ4ever »

Hey Sharon,
I heard about this big storm in Texas. How are things where you are? Everything ok?
Simone
word count: 19

Sinkwriter72
King of the Lab

Post by Sinkwriter72 »

TJ4ever wrote:Ah, Sherry, so so sorry about that!!!

Hope you'll find a new job, soon. Any more interviews in the next time?

Chin up! Things will get better!

Thank you so much, Simone. *hugs*

I thought I'd feel better about it today, but I don't. I went for a long walk (almost four miles) this morning, trying to clear my head, searching for positive thoughts, but I just can't seem to get there today. :cry:

I had a brief rebound of happy from enjoying the wonderful job TJ did on the show last night, but unfortunately by the time I crawled into bed, I was back to worrying and feeling lousy. I couldn't sleep, and I woke up early this morning, mind whirling away, worrying, and no matter how hard I try to focus it on the positive, it keeps swinging back to 'You're running out of time and money and you're going to end up living with your parents if you don't hurry up and find something!' :|

My former coworkers have been emailing that they want to get together for dinner tomorrow night, but I just want to crawl into a hole. The very thought of sitting with them and having to rehash how I didn't get a job from my last two interviews and that I have no more interviews on the horizon yet, and spend a couple hours talking about money and the economy and our crappy former place of employment... I don't think I can do it this time.

To borrow from the hilarious Hodgins in last night's episode: "I'd rather drive a motorcycle full speed into a bridge abutment." It's just too negative and depressing.

I need something positive to happen, and I need it now, dammit! ;)

Annnnd... thank you for reminding me that the world does not revolve around my problems. :oops: :D

I totally forgot that you're in Texas, Sharon! Are you and your family and friends safe? How's everything where you are? xoxoo
word count: 344

ThyneAlone
TJ Team Validator

Post by ThyneAlone »

oooops, you two beat me...I was just going to ask if things are ok with you, Sharon. Hope you & your people have remained unaffected.

Sherry, I wish I could be with you and try to cheer you. I can't even imagine what you must be going through. I do however know what it's like to go to bed with what feels like insects chewing your brain to bits so you can't think properly, and not being able to rest for their insistent scurrying. I hope that can stop very soon. Stay safe; and we are thinking of you.

Steph xxx
word count: 104

skftex
TJ Team Validator

Post by skftex »

Hi everyone, just stopped in for a second because I have to finish my physics homework, but thank you everyone for thinking of me. As far as the storm, all is good here, but then I'm way over on the west side of Texas (next to New Mexico and Mexico) so hundreds and hundreds of miles from the Gulf and Houston where the worst of it hit. We had a little rain a day before it hit but nothing since-I live in the desert. :) I do have relatives in Houston but as far as I know, all are well. My mother's cousin had a lot of rain and wind, and he lives two hours east of Dallas.

Ok, back to physics. Hopefully I'll be able to peek in this weekend but I have two tests next week, one being a physics test so might not be on much. Thanks again!

Sharon
word count: 155
Blessed are they who see beautiful things in humble places where other people see nothing.-Camille Pissarro

bonesaddict11
Super Fan

Post by bonesaddict11 »

Sorry about the job Sherry. I hope something good comes your way soon.
word count: 13

Sinkwriter72
King of the Lab

Post by Sinkwriter72 »

*hugs Steph and Dohee* Thanks, you lovely ladies. I've spent a couple days wallowing and feeling listless and lousy about myself, but now I'm tired of that. :D I'm still nervous and anxious, but I press on!

(Amazing what a couple days of enjoying sunshine and taking 4-mile walks will do for your focus. It was either that, or the music choices I made for my walking trips. Today's choice? Greatest hits of Queen. heehee)

Dohee, have you been enjoying the new season of Prison Break? I like it! I think it's moving along much better than last season did. I love the 'team' joining up to work together on this one goal, I'm curious about what's going on with Michael, and I actually find myself loving Linc so far (he's not usually my favorite character). He's usually such a doesn't-think-first, angry lunkhead. I love his new and better-focused, take-charge attitude (especially when he took that axe and went to save Michael, without absolutely no hesitation) and the gentleness he's displayed when people needed some support instead of yelling. I adored that truce he forged with Mahone; that scene between the two actors was fantastic. Sincerely, it made me cry. (And that show has never made me cry before.) What do you think?
word count: 228

TJ4ever
King of the Lab

Post by TJ4ever »

Sharon, glad that everything is ok with you! Hope your tests are successful!

Sherry, you sound a lot more positive than a few days ago! That's good!

Sinkwriter72 wrote:It was either that, or the music choices I made for my walking trips. Today's choice? Greatest hits of Queen. heehee)
Queen - always a good choice! :)

Have a great weekend! Don't know if I can make it here tomorrow, because a friend of mine will visit me. We wanna talk about our London trip. Looking forward to it!

Simone
Last edited by TJ4ever on Sat Oct 11, 2008 7:22 am, edited 1 time in total. word count: 91