Bones 4.04 The Finger in the Nest

Discussion of TJ's most popular venture to date!
Sinkwriter72
King of the Lab

Bones 4.04 The Finger in the Nest

Post by Sinkwriter72 »

New week. New Bones episode. Discuss at will! :D
word count: 8

Sinkwriter72
King of the Lab

Re: Bones 4.04 The Finger in the Nest

Post by Sinkwriter72 »

TJ was fantastic in tonight's episode!

For now, I just wanted to be perfectly clear about saying that right off the bat. More thoughts coming (likely tomorrow) as I pull them together into a coherent statement.
word count: 37

late_heart
Fan

Post by late_heart »

TJ yum yum yum.

That's all I got.

Sleeping now. Episode exsanguination later! ♥
word count: 15
...he remains Hodgins of the unstoppable libido, with the constantly coiling Kundalini, the freaky twist of mystic master meets geekzilla. He’s still a poet, a shaman of the weird, and he’s in there, somewhere...

ThyneAlone
TJ Team Validator

Post by ThyneAlone »

God I love that man, what an actor. Singlehandedly he redeems the episode from all the aspersions I have recently cast on the series. Because he had a focal role this time the subtlety was there, the character was there, it was spot on. And how good to see and hear so much of him. I even liked his interplay with Sweets. So good to see him in sardonic mode again.

And what about that moment with Angela? Now that was well-played awkwardness from them both, when he spontaneously and excitedly dubs her a genius and then realises that it's not like all the other moments when he's called her a genius. Pity Michaela didn't get more, I want to see her reaction to the breakup too (although it's never as bad for the one who made the decision that it should end - no wonder Hodgins is more angry than anything else - Angela has always called the shots). I suppose that comes later, but can she at least get a shoulder from Brennan? Or does Brennan never go into the lab any more??

I'll have to watch the show again to be able to talk about anything else coherently, but TJ was stellar. If they must be separated, can we at least have Angela realising what she's lost and asking him to take her back rather than vice versa? If character is adhered to *hollow laugh* then he should be that little bit too proud to come running this time.

Oh guess what btw? After 18 months of umming and aaahing we are going digital with Sky next week, just in time for the premiere broadcast on Sky 1 in the UK. In spite of the fact that work is a stress-out and my voice is not properly reliable again yet, I'm feeling good about that. :) :)
word count: 315
"We make our lives out of chaos and hope. And love." - Angela Montenegro

begolden
Conspiracy Theorist

Post by begolden »

Steph, I whole-heartedly agree with your comments. TJ's work made the episode worth watching, even if there was a tinge of bittersweetness to it. However, the big question on my mind is how they are going to resolve Jack and Angela. For whatever reason, last night's episode gave me hope that they will, and we'll see them back together again eventually. Anyone else get that vibe?
word count: 70
Fan of the Orgasmic Grilled Cheese Sandwich

English Al
Fan

Post by English Al »

There was so little of Angie in that episode that I almost forgot she was in Bones. I hope THAT isn't a sign of things to come.

TJ was brilliant in the episode. He plays moody very well. Not sure about this "vibe" though. If I know scriptwriters we'll get the pair of them showing off a new 'partner' trying to make each other jealous, until they end up locked together in a cupboard (or whatever) and they embrass just as the door opens to see their 'partners' not looking surprised (as Jack has been talking about Angie, and Angie - Jack) and walking off together to get a coffee.

The whole episode did feel more like the old Bones though. My Mum watched the London eps and thought they were very poor, and she hasn't seen every episode.
word count: 141

TJ4ever
King of the Lab

Post by TJ4ever »

I re-watched this episode a lot, lately, because in Germany it was aired this week, and it reminded me how great it is! As I bought Bones Season 3 on DVD, on which the first 4 episodes of season 4 are as well, I am lucky to watch it in English! TJ is so great in it! I love Hodgins` lines! So funny, sometimes! "...the crack FBI-team..." , "...you got the dupe part right." I really like his talks with Mr. Starret. And, yes, I even like Sweets in this episode! :D And I must admit that I like American Pit Bull Terrier and American Staffordshire Terrier. Beautiful dogs! If I were rich and had a big house I would get one. ...or maybe 2 Jack Russel Terrier? :) Well, I'll decide if I win the lottery! :wink: Anyway, great episode! :D :handgestures-thumbsup:
Last edited by TJ4ever on Tue Jul 15, 2014 11:22 am, edited 1 time in total. word count: 140
Angela: Well, what about love? What do you have to say about love?
Hodgins: It´s overrated-most of the time :-)

Dexter: They make it look so easy-connecting with another human being. It's like no one told them it's the hardest thing in the world.

stargazer
Conspiracy Theorist

Post by stargazer »

I unexpectedly caught the last 15 min of this episode but it was enough to remember how much I enjoyed this one. It was very sad how the dogs were treated but it did bring attention to the brutality of dog fighting. Having 3 dogs myself, I can't imagine people being that cruel to their animals. I loved that they brought Cesar Milan in on this episode. I've watched his dog whisperer show and he's absolutely incredible with dogs. :D I also was pleasantly surprised to see Dean Norris in this episode, being a fan of his characters from Breaking Bad and Under the Dome. Of course, this episode was prior to both of those shows but it's cool to see some of my favorite actors in earlier roles. :)

I remembered liking this episode as well for Brennan's sympathy and compassion for the dog that committed the murder. In most cases, she remains distant and strictly scientific, but I enjoyed the fact that she got emotionally involved and went as far as trying to adopt the dog. The scene between Booth and Brennan in the end, burying the dog was very sweet.

TJ was incredible and heartbreaking in this one. I only caught the scene between Hodgins and Sweets when they were talking about how Hodgins hated everyone and how angry he was at Angela and Zack. Although I prefer Hodgins happy, most of the best scenes are when he's unhappy and this is definitely one of them. I really felt for him. :(
word count: 258
"Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars." ~Brian Littrell

TJ4ever
King of the Lab

Post by TJ4ever »

This is really one of my favourite episodes - I love the dogs - TJ was great in it - I LOVE Cesar Millan in it - but what I keep asking myself is - Why is it intimidating that the dog Schatzi responds to German commands? :-? :?:
word count: 42
Angela: Well, what about love? What do you have to say about love?
Hodgins: It´s overrated-most of the time :-)

Dexter: They make it look so easy-connecting with another human being. It's like no one told them it's the hardest thing in the world.