Airforce One - a message to all of you from TJ

Archived threads that are no longer active-this section is read only
tjt
Fan

Airforce One - a message to all of you from TJ

Post by tjt »

There was a movie,
quite a while back,
called "Airforce One" with Harrison Ford.
I remember renting it once with my brother.

Harrison plays the president of the United States and airforce one has been compromised with Harrison on board. He manages to get himself away from the movie-bad-guys, and sneaks to a phone on the plane. Not knowing who to call, he calls the white house landline. A receptionist answers. He tells her he's the president and she laughs, hearing that all the time. he says he really is the president and she still doesn't believe him. Finally in the last few moments, she's about to hang up and he manages (I forget how) to prove it is really him. she patches him through.
it's a funny scene.

Now, I'm no president of the US (we'll know who that is soon enough!!)
but I am TJ, writing on tjthyne.com, blindly.

Hello.
I'm writing because I didn't know how else to get in touch with begolden & thynealone as well as the rest of you.
You see, Management team....is gone.
gone.

SO, as you know,
TJTHYNE.COM has basically remained dormant since february. Like that old restaurant in town that is in desperate need of a make-over but sits there never being touched.

I was on myspace cleaning up messages (moving over to facebook!)
and SIMONE had written saying that tjthyne.com was in need of help. That as per usual, the wonderful chatboard was ablaze with the fantastic conversations (which I haven't had the chance to hear any of in months, but look forward to!) but that the rest of the site, especially the homepage was stuck in the past and making peeps question if its worth sticking around on the site.

...thus this note.
I hadn't a clue on where to post this, or who to write iit too (it was funny having to agree to the terms of tjthyne.com and having to go back to email just to retrieve my password,etc. go security!)

So, wonderful begolden & fanastic Thynealone...hello!
M team is gone, and so is Karen. We are alone in this.
thought I'd check with you ladies first.
what do you think, if we designate a someone from the site, with web-design/web-hosting experience/ability who could take over the maintainence and overall upkeep and updating of tjthyne.com???
I turn to you ladies first, since you are fantastic in your relentless commitment to the message boards. would you want more on your plate?? the whole site?? or is there someone you think should/could/would do a great job at this new position?
This individual, or team of two, would basically be what the Management Team and karen were way back when.
They would continually update the site with photos, interviews, videos, news. They would have direct access to me once or twice a month for info and such (and yes, I'll give you some true gossip as well, if you really want it.)
With this individual/teams' help, we can, will, make tjthyne.com the fine-dining restaurant in town that you never mind driving by.

I don't know how to check the account I just created (I know, I know, I am the furthest thing from computer savvy). SO don't reply to me here. This is a onetime post form this account. I recommend getting in touch with me about this via facebook. Rebecca I think you and I are friends over there? or at least on myspace.

Okay.
There it is.
Thanks Simone for the heads up.
Thank all of you for sticking around!
I LOVE that you are out there, somewhere. Makes me work that much harder knowing you all are appreciating it!

lots of love,
your leader-of-the-free-world-trapped-on-a-phone-aboard-a-plane,

TJ
word count: 661

bonesaddict11
Super Fan

Re: Airforce One

Post by bonesaddict11 »

whoa. tj! It's so awesome to hear from you! I was beginning to think this website was a gonner. I think that rebecca and steph would be perfect for the job!

I really believe we can build this website back up! I have hope!!! :D
word count: 45

ThyneAlone
TJ Team Validator

Post by ThyneAlone »

Whoo. *shakes self* No, not dreaming. errr, fine. Hi TJ!!!
Well, first up folks, I am not capable of fully running and keeping up to date a website. And I don't think Rebecca would want to take that on either. I have no practical savvy or experience and definitely not enough time. Regrettably I have to appeal elsewhere. Now however enthusiastic you might feel about this, consider, folks - it's a big ask. We probably need at least a couple of people for it and if you are already running your own sites, doing a 'management' job as well may be a huge commitment.

I still do not intend to run over to Facebook myself. What would I do with an account there? What I will say is this; if you are sure that you are in touch with TJ on Facebook (as opposed to one of the large number of people there who set up fake celebrity websites), get on to me, then I can pass on to him a contact for me. Or if you don't want to 'do' Facebook, maybe, if you know my email, you could leave a message on your MySpace? Rebecca? Sherry? I still have all the emails I have sent over the last months, containing the winners of the calendar pics, the interview questions and many good suggestions from you for site improvements. He probably has little if any of this info. It will need to go to the new site managers as well, obviously. I wonder if Ben is still in the mix or if we have been floating round minus a webmaster too?

This is all sudden and will need thought. Over to you, my amazing friends.
word count: 288
"We make our lives out of chaos and hope. And love." - Angela Montenegro

TJ4ever
King of the Lab

Post by TJ4ever »

Wow, TJ beat me to it! I just wanted to post this here, as TJ ask me to do.
Thank you, TJ, that you came by and did it for me!
I thought I just ask him about tjthyne.com and he answered! :) That's so great!

As I have not enough knowledge about computers and websites I guess I cannot help much! But maybe Sharon? I think she knows a lot about this stuff?! Don't know about the rest of you guys, but I think you all know more than me! But if you all think of something I can do I will!

Simone
Last edited by TJ4ever on Mon Oct 13, 2008 2:00 pm, edited 2 times in total. word count: 106
Angela: Well, what about love? What do you have to say about love?
Hodgins: It´s overrated-most of the time :-)

Dexter: They make it look so easy-connecting with another human being. It's like no one told them it's the hardest thing in the world.

Sinkwriter72
King of the Lab

Post by Sinkwriter72 »

Got your email, Super Mod Steph. :D

QUICK MESSAGE TO TJ THYNE:

I have sent a private email to your inbox on MySpace, for Steph. It contains contact info for her, so that you two may be able to converse about TJThynedotcom, its status, what information she has, all that sort of thing.

Thought I'd alert you here, in case you aren't intending to visit your MySpace page again soon. That way you'd know there was a message waiting for you there. Sorry about not sending it to Facebook; I don't have an account there yet. Still mulling it over (though between you and a couple of my friends nudging me... the pressure, the pressure!) :mrgreen:

By the way, I'm not Sinkwriter72 on MySpace. Look for an email in your inbox from 'Sherry,' dated today, October 12, 2008. Thanks, TJ.
word count: 143

skftex
TJ Team Validator

Post by skftex »

Wow, just read this. So, being a computer science major right now, and having spent 20 years working with computers, I am willing to help with the technical aspects of updating the site as needed. I have built websites before, though they were html based and this one is not, but if there is something I don't know I certainly have the contacts to be able to find out how to do it. I don't know if that sort of help is needed, and I wouldn't want to be a moderator because Steph and Rebecca do a great job on that and I think could be excellent admin people as well. But I would find the time to help keep this site what it should and can be if it is felt that my help would be needed. :)

Sharon
word count: 142
Blessed are they who see beautiful things in humble places where other people see nothing.-Camille Pissarro

Sinkwriter72
King of the Lab

Post by Sinkwriter72 »

Sharon! Wonderful to see you posting. :D

I was just saying in an email to Steph that (because time and schedules may be a factor for people, no matter how much they want to help) perhaps assembling a team might help keep the site going on a regular basis.

Depending on what TJ's goals for the site are and how he'd like it to be handled (and by whom), perhaps an efficient team of people (based on abilities, schedules and availability) can take on various specific tasks, you know? People to moderate the forums sensibly and respectfully (as we have in Steph and Rebecca); people -- like you, Sharon, and is Ben still out there somewhere? -- who may be able to do the building and maintaining of the technical side of things; and finally, people who may be able to handle the 'admin' tasks, like updating the site with TJ-related information, new projects, commentary, pictures, and basically whatever TJ wants to be on his site.

I think that TJ should definitely have a conversation with Steph and Rebecca and go through the information they have been gathering since back when they were first appointed moderators and worked with the original M team. I'm sure that would be a helpful start which may provide TJ some areas on which to focus first, in order to get started with getting his site in the shape he wants.

I would be willing to help out, if needed, and of course if nothing else you know I'm always happy to be a proofreader! :mrgreen:

TJ, Steph, Rebecca... let me know if there's anything I can do to contribute.
word count: 277
I want to thank anyone who spends part of their day creating [& sharing their experience]. I don't care if it's a book, a film, a painting, a dance, a piece of theater, a piece of music… I think this world would be unlivable without art. ~ S. Soderbergh

late_heart
Fan

Post by late_heart »

Well. Wow. Whoa. What?

I just wanted to support you guys. I'd be happy to help if you need extra hands -- not sure what it entails, but I'm here and ready to take an any task I can.

I am over on facebook if you need me to poke him.

Sherry, do you want me to send a copy of the myspace message to TJ via facebook? Drop me a note if you think that would be helpful.

And again I say....wow.
word count: 85
...he remains Hodgins of the unstoppable libido, with the constantly coiling Kundalini, the freaky twist of mystic master meets geekzilla. He’s still a poet, a shaman of the weird, and he’s in there, somewhere...

late_heart
Fan

Post by late_heart »

Sherry,

I just sent a quick note via his facebook e-mail for him to go to myspace and get back with you. Heaven only knows if it reached him. ;)
word count: 30
...he remains Hodgins of the unstoppable libido, with the constantly coiling Kundalini, the freaky twist of mystic master meets geekzilla. He’s still a poet, a shaman of the weird, and he’s in there, somewhere...

skftex
TJ Team Validator

Post by skftex »

I'm going to send TJ a message via Facebook as well, since I was added on his friends just the other day. :)

Sharon
word count: 24
Blessed are they who see beautiful things in humble places where other people see nothing.-Camille Pissarro

late_heart
Fan

Post by late_heart »

Between the lot of us he'll be jumping!

We should hook up over on FB -- I'm a stranger over there as I have no desire to hook up with my college buds from 19beforetheearthcooled. ;)
word count: 36

skftex
TJ Team Validator

Post by skftex »

Steph, I will say, that there is no question that it IS TJ on Facebook that added me to his friends the other day. I wouldn't ever claim I have had actual contact with him other than him accepting my request to be added though. But as I said, I did send a message volunteering my services. And I DO know that it would be a big job, but I honestly think that I would happily make the time to make sure the site is what we all want it to be, as well as it would benefit me as well, as I would learn SOOOOO much that applies to my chosen field, and it certainly wouldn't be a negative thing on a resume. ;) Though that wasn't really my reason for voluteering, those are just the fringe benefits. I really do believe that you Steph, and a few others with the technical knowledge really could make this what we've all been asking for as far as websites go...with TJ's help of course. :) And any way we can help TJ I think is always the number one benefit.

Sharon
word count: 194

begolden
Conspiracy Theorist

Post by begolden »

Glad to see that so many of you are ready to help T.J.! I don't have the skills necessary to run the technical side of this website, but I'd happily lobby one of you to do it.
word count: 40
Fan of the Orgasmic Grilled Cheese Sandwich

Sinkwriter72
King of the Lab

Post by Sinkwriter72 »

late_heart wrote:Sherry,

I just sent a quick note via his facebook e-mail for him to go to myspace and get back with you. Heaven only knows if it reached him. ;)
*snickering wickedly because late_heart made a sassy inside joke with that last sentence* You're funny, my sister. Verrrry funny. ;)

And seriously now, thanks for sending him that message via Facebook. I think we've got him covered on all three sites now! :D
word count: 77

Sinkwriter72
King of the Lab

Post by Sinkwriter72 »

*pops in again for a second, just to say this*

Hi, Rebecca! Long time, no chat! Wonderful to hear from you here. :D

P.S. As a Green Bay native, I'm highly amused to be reminded that you are rooting for the Packers (as you mentioned over in the OffTopic Sofa thread). Heee. Hilarious.

*sending hugs your way*
word count: 58

ThyneAlone
TJ Team Validator

Post by ThyneAlone »

I'm just overwhelmed by you lot. You are wonderful. Well, if things start happening fast in the next week, at least I am still on jury service, so won't have to work at night, and I have a fortnight's half term coming up after this.

Talk about poor TJ being bombarded! Yesterday evening I also rang son no.1, who has a well-thumbed Facebook page, and asked him to do the job as well! If the Man hasn't got my email by now, his Net access is sadly lacking. And I am, well, delighted doesn't seem a big enough word, to have your talents promised on board, Sharon. I have no idea how we would go about passing the site over to you - don't know 'where' it is or with whom - or how to submit stuff to it - but you are in my plans, I swear. And all the rest of you intelligent people! Brilliant article writers and proofreaders and designers and..

well. Overwhelmed. Yes. THANK YOU!.
word count: 174

skftex
TJ Team Validator

Post by skftex »

I heard from TJ today on Facebook...so it looks like we are going to work this out, to keep the site open and up to date. :) Lots needs to be worked out of course and TJ said he's going to try to contact Ben.

Sharon
word count: 47

TJ4ever
King of the Lab

Post by TJ4ever »

He also read my message on myspace. So, Steph, he must have your email-address!

Sorry, that I don't have the technical knowledge to help, but if there is anything else I can do, please let me know! :)

Sharon, great to hear from you! You were the first one that came to my mind, when TJ asked for help with the website! :)

Simone
word count: 64
Angela: Well, what about love? What do you have to say about love?
Hodgins: It´s overrated-most of the time :-)

Dexter: They make it look so easy-connecting with another human being. It's like no one told them it's the hardest thing in the world.

ThyneAlone
TJ Team Validator

Post by ThyneAlone »

Yep, he's emailed Rebecca and me, all those notes got through! He said my son was kind to help out, must relay that back asap. Just trying to get my notes into some sort of order before I get back to TJ. Thanks again all, and Sharon, the pms are much appreciated.
word count: 53

ThyneAlone
TJ Team Validator

Re: Airforce One - a message to all of you from TJ

Post by ThyneAlone »

This thread is so important I have made it into an announcement. I have also pm-ed large numbers of you out there, asking for help, in the hope that you lurk occasionally and/or have asked to be emailed to inform you of new private messages. We've requested suggestions - come in here and make this a democratic process!
word count: 60