Bones 4.09 The Con Man In The Meth Lab

Discussion of TJ's most popular venture to date!
ThyneAlone
TJ Team Validator

Bones 4.09 The Con Man In The Meth Lab

Post by ThyneAlone »

I think I'm going to have to rewatch before commenting. Practically no TJ goodness in it at all, though I think the BB is going a bit better now.
Just one thing: what's a meth lab?
word count: 38
"We make our lives out of chaos and hope. And love." - Angela Montenegro

skftex
TJ Team Validator

Re: Bones 4.09 The Con Man In The Meth Lab

Post by skftex »

Steph, a meth lab is a place where they make methamphetamine. Its an illegal narcotic, and it also is dangerous to make. They take common household goods, like over the counter cold medicines and mix them together and "cook" them to produce the meth.

Sharon
word count: 45

begolden
Conspiracy Theorist

Post by begolden »

Thought that this episode was a bit of a snooze due to lack of TJ. I was underwhelmed by the whole Jared Booth plotline as well. The one scene with Jack and Angela was like old times at first--you could almost imagine that they were still together--until Jack begins bragging about the state of their working relationship post break-up.
word count: 62
Fan of the Orgasmic Grilled Cheese Sandwich

skftex
TJ Team Validator

Post by skftex »

I didn't like Jared from the beginning. Something about him annoyed me and it just got worse throughout the show. Go away Jared. I liked that Brennan pushed him off the bar stool. That was funny.
word count: 37
Blessed are they who see beautiful things in humble places where other people see nothing.-Camille Pissarro

Sinkwriter72
King of the Lab

Post by Sinkwriter72 »

Sharon, did something happen to this thread? Because I made a post earlier today and it was definitely here, but now it's gone. :shock: I may cry, because it took me quite a while to put it together this morning.
word count: 40

ThyneAlone
TJ Team Validator

Post by ThyneAlone »

Sherry, I am so sorry. Ben has been trying to work on the boards to update them, give us more emoticons etc. Unfortunately something went wrong, so logging in was not possible for a while, error messages came up whenever you tried to access the forums and Ben had to go to backup to sort it out. This means anything posted after midnight last night has been erased. Not just in this thread, but all over. Deepest apologies. Let's hope the improvements will be worth the inconveniences. Given this state of affairs, I guess keeping a copy of your posts for a while so you can re-post them would be a practical idea. *hug*
word count: 116
"We make our lives out of chaos and hope. And love." - Angela Montenegro

Sinkwriter72
King of the Lab

Post by Sinkwriter72 »

You have no idea how sorry I am to hear that.

*forehead to desk*

ThyneAlone wrote:Given this state of affairs, I guess keeping a copy of your posts for a while so you can re-post them would be a practical idea. *hug*
Now you tell me. ;)

*groan*
word count: 49

skftex
TJ Team Validator

Post by skftex »

Sherry, I'm so sorry about your post. :o I read it though! Right before the message board wouldn't let anyone in anymore. If it makes you feel better, it was great! Wish I could remember some of it to reply to, which is actually what I was going to do but the board said it wasn't available when I tried to login. :x :snooty:

Look at all those smilies over there though! Cool!

Sharon
word count: 74
Blessed are they who see beautiful things in humble places where other people see nothing.-Camille Pissarro

Jude40
Conspiracy Theorist

Post by Jude40 »

I really loved this episode. TJ wise I enjoyed the garbage sorter scene which reminded me a little of some of the scenes with Zack when he was still around.
I agree that Jared hasn't been very likeable so far although I think that's probably how the audience is supposed to feel about him (he comes across as a spoilt brat). I'm thinking that maybe he'll have chance to redeem himself somewhat in future episodes, just an impression having seen some basic storylines so I may be wrong.
I have never thought that much of Cam but actually liked the character in this episode, prefered her to Brennan in this one which I never thought I'd say. I thought Brennan's character was disappointingly disloyal, with friends like that who needs enemies! Although the speech she made did make up for this a bit.
Finally, I think the dynamics between Hodgins and Clark could be very good if they decided to go with Clark longer term. An extra plus could be that this could mean more TJ! Here's hoping.

Jude x
word count: 187

blue_eyes
Fan

Post by blue_eyes »

i liked this eppy. but jerard was s jerk. i LOL when brennan pushed him off the chair.
word count: 18
"COCENTRATE ON WHAT CANNOT LIE. THE EVIDENCE" GIL GRISSOM

Jessica
Fan

Post by Jessica »

I don't really have much to say about the episode, it's all pretty much been covered and it definitely wasn't one of my favourite episodes. I think they're focusing too much on Booth and Brennan, and the supporting characters are kind of disappearing. I don't like that Cam and Sweets seem to have a bigger role than Hodgins right now. What's that about? I was okay with how Angela was being all "I want sex" in the previous episode, because I just considered it her way of dealing. You know, she just wanted to find somebody and move on and not be sad about Hodgins anymore, obviously that wouldn't have helped, though. But now that she's with Roxie...well, I was a little angry with the writer's for that. I mean that's a relationship that has so many feelings involved and history, that it will end up being more than a fling, which does make me upset because it's like a slap in the face to the Hodgins/Angela relationship, and I liked Angela so much, she was one of my favourite characters. And then to not even say anything about it in this episode! (Not including Booth's little comment) I mean, poor Hodgins! I can't even imagine what he COULD be going through. But instead the writers chose to focus on, surprise, surprise, Booth and Brennan. I just wish they wouldn't underuse the MAIN squints anymore. Namely, Hodgins, yeah, because I'm biased and love me some TJ screen time, but still all the supporting characters have seemed to just stop character development and it's just ruining the show I think.

...wow, I didn't know I felt so strongly about it until I started typing. I can see this board being very theraputic in the future. :P
word count: 313