Site Ideas And Preferences Thread

Archived threads that are no longer active-this section is read only
Jude40
Conspiracy Theorist

Re: Site Ideas Thread

Post by Jude40 »

Well impressed with them all Sharon but if I had to choose the second one is my favourite, it's kinda cool and understated and OMG THOSE EYES!
Been meaning to say as well, I am so not techy in any way and will leave that to those with talent but if you ever need any help with any content, writing etc that's more my thing so give me a shout.
In the meantime keep up the good work.

Jude x
word count: 82

Sinkwriter72
King of the Lab

Post by Sinkwriter72 »

Oooh, Sharon and Late_heart! Today's home page looks reeeeeally sharp! I love the steel blue-grey background with that picture of TJ -- it really seems to capture TJ's gorgeous, expressive eyes. Also, the blue is a lovely contrast against the deep brown of his sweatshirt. The font for his name is really unusual, too. It's a cool color, looks like shiny metal, and I like the shadow underneath. I also like the deeper blue you chose as a header (or navigation bar) color and the lighter blue you chose for the font of the header choices on the bar.

The only thing I immediately didn't love was the font color choice for the message from the 'support team' (heh, that's you guys! heeee). I like the color, personally, but as far as readability goes, it's a little tough to see on that blue-grey background. I'd be curious to see what it would look like if you instead used the same font color that you used for the header words ("home, press, talk, articles," etc.). Or another color of your choosing, of course.

Nevertheless, I think this home page is my favorite thus far. I like the balance of colors, and the blues are really beautiful matched up with TJ's photograph. It's a handsome home page.

(Not 'pretty' at all, TJ!) ;)
word count: 231
I want to thank anyone who spends part of their day creating [& sharing their experience]. I don't care if it's a book, a film, a painting, a dance, a piece of theater, a piece of music… I think this world would be unlivable without art. ~ S. Soderbergh

late_heart
Fan

Post by late_heart »

My two cents, so far? Sharon, my favorite is the first one in the series of 5. (I also liked that very much in b/w, but I am a fan of very sharp, clean contrasts)
word count: 36
...he remains Hodgins of the unstoppable libido, with the constantly coiling Kundalini, the freaky twist of mystic master meets geekzilla. He’s still a poet, a shaman of the weird, and he’s in there, somewhere...

Sinkwriter72
King of the Lab

Post by Sinkwriter72 »

I like clean contrasts too, lovely Late_heart. :mrgreen:

But in that first one, I think the photo is too muted. It could be sharper, in contrast to all the white on the page. The photo doesn't quite grab me like it could.

Just my opinion. (Do you still love me? *GRIN*)

*squishes you into a hug* :D

P.S. Did you see the newest home page? I'm curious for your thoughts on that one.
word count: 75

begolden
Conspiracy Theorist

Post by begolden »

Sharon, the Homepage looks wonderful!

The blue is a perfect choice for our handsome blue-eyed boy. My only recommendation echoes what Sherry said about some of the font being too light to read against the background. Other than that, it's marvelous! Thank you thank you thank you for having the expertise to take on this huge responsibility. I certainly wouldn't be able to do it, so I truly appreciate you--hugs and kisses!
word count: 76
Fan of the Orgasmic Grilled Cheese Sandwich

late_heart
Fan

Post by late_heart »

Of course, I still love you, Sherry!!

Sharon did a fantastic job with the current homepage, but it's not my personal cup of tea.

But I say vive la difference. Whatever works for the majority works for me!
word count: 39
...he remains Hodgins of the unstoppable libido, with the constantly coiling Kundalini, the freaky twist of mystic master meets geekzilla. He’s still a poet, a shaman of the weird, and he’s in there, somewhere...

Sinkwriter72
King of the Lab

Post by Sinkwriter72 »

And of course, it's not the only option out there. There are so many ways this site can look! This particular one just happens to be my favorite thus far. ;)
word count: 31

TJ4ever
King of the Lab

Post by TJ4ever »

I agree with Sherry and Rebecca. Like the newest one best! As they already said the font colour of the support team message could be a bit different to make it easier to read.
Simone
word count: 35
Angela: Well, what about love? What do you have to say about love?
Hodgins: It´s overrated-most of the time :-)

Dexter: They make it look so easy-connecting with another human being. It's like no one told them it's the hardest thing in the world.

skftex
TJ Team Validator

Post by skftex »

Hi everyone, I guess you didn't notice I did say to excuse the fonts on the pages. Yes, the font is too blue so isn't a good choice for the message.

Thanks for the input everyone. Thanks to Annie for all the great headers, and while this one isn't completely yours, its basis is yours. Honestly, I liked them all, otherwise I wouldn't have left them as choices so I couldn't say which one I wanted. I'm glad you all are letting us know of your preferences. 8)

And thanks for the compliments too, everyone on this site should have been in the film Validation, everyone is so good at it! :P

Sharon

Last edited by skftex on Tue Nov 11, 2008 4:34 pm, edited 1 time in total. word count: 117
Blessed are they who see beautiful things in humble places where other people see nothing.-Camille Pissarro

Sinkwriter72
King of the Lab

Post by Sinkwriter72 »

Sorry, Sharon! I posted my note about the new home page before I saw your edited note about it (with font comments). I wouldn't have mentioned that part if I'd seen your post first. *sheepish grin* You know I think you're marvelous, regardless.
word count: 46

skftex
TJ Team Validator

Post by skftex »

No problem Sherry, just wanted everyone to know that yes I agree about the fonts. They just aren't as easy to change as the header and backgrounds so I have to have more time to do those, which is the reason why all the fonts are a mess right now. I think maybe I need to put a note on the homepage about construction. :lol:

Sharon
word count: 66
Blessed are they who see beautiful things in humble places where other people see nothing.-Camille Pissarro

TJ4ever
King of the Lab

Post by TJ4ever »

upps, I missed that, too, Sharon! Sorry! :oops:

The site looks great! I wish I could do such things, too. Maybe I should take a course. :?

Great job Sharon and Annie!

Simone
word count: 31

Dexter: They make it look so easy-connecting with another human being. It's like no one told them it's the hardest thing in the world.

sapphiresilt
Fan

Post by sapphiresilt »

Thanks for all the hard work on the homepage ... I *love* that picture of TJ (such beautiful blue eyes). Just wanted to let you know!

~ Eileen
word count: 26

Ellen
Super Fan

Post by Ellen »

The homepage really is looking great. :D
I love the picture, really lets us see his lovely blue eyes. :)

x
word count: 19
"What if it doesn't end like that? What if it doesn't go wrong?"-Dr Jack Hodgins

skftex
TJ Team Validator

Post by skftex »

Glad you like it Ellen!

word count: 5

TJ4ever
King of the Lab

Post by TJ4ever »

I Love the new smilies! :clap: :dance: ;) :violin: :whistle: 8)
Great idea! :dance:
So, Ben is still around, too?
word count: 14

ThyneAlone
TJ Team Validator

Post by ThyneAlone »

He is indeed, and trying to help out on the boards with the things we asked for way back. And the most straightforward of those seems to have been the smilies. Although I also believe he is going to update the software to give us more options. Go Ben! :clap:
word count: 49
"We make our lives out of chaos and hope. And love." - Angela Montenegro

ThyneAlone
TJ Team Validator

Get in here and have your say - site preferences

Post by ThyneAlone »

I fear a lot of your ideas and suggestions for the site are getting lost in the other long site-oriented threads. So I am going to use this simply for quickfire views, nothing long, just asking you what you prefer.
QUESTION 1
TJ has just given us a fantastic reply to a question from CROactive on the main site (see the TJ's skeletons section). He also asks us a question.

We have given him vast numbers of questions to answer. He says do we want him to save all his answers for the occasional 'Big Interview' spread, or would we prefer them to trickle through bit by bit, rather more frequently, one or two questions when he has time?

Spurts or lumps?

I vote spurts.
word count: 127
"We make our lives out of chaos and hope. And love." - Angela Montenegro

skftex
TJ Team Validator

Re: Get in here and have your say - site preferences

Post by skftex »

I vote for spurts too. Because if he tries to do several at once, I think the answers won't be as good as they are when he answers just one (or two) questions when he has a little time to do it. And I love the way he answered this last one, so would be thrilled with more of that.

Sharon
word count: 62

Sinkwriter72
King of the Lab

Re: Get in here and have your say - site preferences

Post by Sinkwriter72 »

I agree. Posting messages in small spurts seems more manageable for TJ, and actually, it would probably be more fun for us too, because it will be like a little pop-up present every once in a while instead of long waits in between full-length interviews.
word count: 47