Offtopic Sofa Time

New arrivals, including the hello threads and the sofa.
Jude40
Conspiracy Theorist

Jude

Post by Jude40 »

Sherry, thanks for the sympathy oh and the tea! Made it through half a day in work then decided to take leave for the rest of the day. Supposed to be going to the pub quiz tonight and need to be able to think straight as we are getting quite competitive now and have a need to win, even just once we're not greedy!
I go with Alex (boyfriend) and we are the oldest there. I swear the lad who runs it is just out of nappies (diapers) and most of the rest of the participants are students so we are at a bit of a disadvantage with the questions.
Btw if anyone fancies a laugh check out my 40th birthday photos at http://www.moofburger.co.uk (WARNING: The site is a bit mad it belongs to Alex's friend and he's a bit nuts in a good way, so I'm not to blame for any of the other content). I'm the one with the dark hair and black top looking terrible in every photo! Steph if you take a look you may recognise Villa Romana and O'Neills bar in Liverpool city centre.
Finally if anyone wants to add me to their friends on Facebook feel free, think I might go there now been getting way to many angels and 80's gifts and need to keep on top of them!

Jude x
word count: 239

TJ4ever
King of the Lab

Re: Offtopic Sofa Time

Post by TJ4ever »

Sherry, thank you for your post! Actually I wanted to make you feel better, but after reading your post I felt better, too! Made me smile! Thanks again! :D
I will be visiting London in about a month for 4 days. And then again in January. But only for 2 days then. Looking forward to those trips! :D

Simone
word count: 57
Angela: Well, what about love? What do you have to say about love?
Hodgins: It´s overrated-most of the time :-)

Dexter: They make it look so easy-connecting with another human being. It's like no one told them it's the hardest thing in the world.

mariposa
Fan

Post by mariposa »

Hey everyone, I'm sorry to have disappeared on you so abruptly and so long ago! I'm alive and well and it's good things that have kept me from coming on here even though i've been so tempted to pop back in over the last few months.

Steph - I got BOTH your emails. You must have assumed me dead. :D
I will email you separately about the bears and thanks for letting me know how things were going over here. I can't believe my willpower and not coming over here and living here - especially since the changes!!! NICE JOB, everyone!

A special "HI" to Sherry too - hope life is treating you MUCH BETTER these days!

I've been keeping in touch with TJ on Facebook and that's pretty much the only online addiction I have time for these days.

I was approached by a local publishing house to write a book on open adoption ... so with that and my already full plate of other life stuff and projects and family and other writing projects ... I've been absent here, but very much present in my writing life. It looks like the adoption book will go to print sometime next spring/early summer. I've published a lot of short works already, but not yet a children's book ... and this will be the connection I'm possibly looking for to publish my other biographical works and creative writing. Exciting times around here!!!

I hope everyone is well here and WELCOME to all the newest fans of TJ. Isn't Validation awesome?! I posted it on my Facebook profile and have gotten some great reviews already. I'll email them to TJ when I've collected enough of them. :D

Well, I'm off to go clean my bathroom - we have a houseful of company arriving tomorrow just in time for the Thanksgiving holiday. Much love to you all and I wish I could be here more often! I'll do what I can and if any of you are on Facebook ... look me up! I'm on there with my maiden name and married name: Marie Pezzotta Foote. And yes, TJ is a Facebook "friend" of mine - ha ha ha! You can always email me via Facebook or ... email me at home: jamfoote@comcast.net. I get those emails every day. As Steph can attest, I may not write back for four months, but I will read what you write, LOL! :lol:

HUGS!
Marie
word count: 416
Mariposa
"More matter with less art." (Gertrude, in Hamlet, Act II, scene ii)

Jessica
Fan

Post by Jessica »

Hi Marie! We've never met, but I'm Jessica and I'm obviously new. I just wanted to say "Hi" and congratulations on the book!! It's sort of a big deal to be approached by publishing house, isn't it? I'll definitely try and look for it when it comes out :)

I just posted Validation on my Facebook page, as well. I'm hoping people will comment on it and let me know what they think!

I hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving Holiday with your guests!

Jessica
word count: 91

Sinkwriter72
King of the Lab

Post by Sinkwriter72 »

Marie! Welcome back! So great to hear from you. Very glad to know you're still out there. :D
mariposa wrote:A special "HI" to Sherry too - hope life is treating you MUCH BETTER these days!
Erm... :angry-screaming: That pretty much exemplifies how I feel inside right now, so let's skip it and move on to more positive things, shall we?

;)

Like your book deal! AWESOME!! :clap: That's fantastic, Marie. How rewarding and exciting and ... I don't know, you tell us! How does it feel? Inquiring minds want to know.

Sounds like an interesting book. Do you know how you want to approach the subject yet? Have you begun writing it?

I've published a lot of short works already, but not yet a children's book ... and this will be the connection I'm possibly looking for to publish my other biographical works and creative writing.
Sounds wonderful. I'm so happy you're finding an outlet for your creativity in this way. I recall how much you love to write. It sounds really promising, especially with having a good contact for future works.

Have fun cleaning your bathroom for the holiday onslaught! :mrgreen:

Love,
Sherry

P.S. Ben, Steph, Rebecca, and Sharon -- all these new smiley options are cracking me up! Did you click on the 'view more smilies'? Holy crap, there are so many to choose from! :happy-cheerleadersmileygirl: Heee. Thanks for the fun.
word count: 234

ThyneAlone
TJ Team Validator

Post by ThyneAlone »

I know! Good or what?!

Listen all, I am sooooo pleased to hear from you but proper answers are going to have to wait. It's quarter past one in the morning here and I'm whacked! Bed calls loudly!

BUT
Sherry we will talk some more very soon, I miss you when we don't happen along at similar times because posting to you is like talking to someone there in the room. Jessica, it is fab to see you in and out so regularly, I hope all our newbies are having a good time in the same way. And Marie...whoo.. it's been a while yes, but do get back to me just whenever is convenient for you. I can see what important things are currently going on in your life and as long as you read me I don't mind awaiting the response. Good to hear from you again and glad you like site developments so far. More exciting stuff coming soon !

Btw, delighted that so many people seem to be putting Validation up all over. It's a little gem and deserves a much bigger audience. I'm definitely considering using it as part of a school assembly...
word count: 204
"We make our lives out of chaos and hope. And love." - Angela Montenegro

TJ4ever
King of the Lab

Post by TJ4ever »

Hello everybody! Just a quick visit!
Marie, welcome back!
Sherry,.... ok, I don't ask! But you know... :handgestures-fingerscrossed:

Can't belive it, it actually snowed here yesterday. :shock: Haven't had that for a while. Very unusual here at this time of the year. Actually it hardly snows here. That's good, because I am not a snow person! Let's hope it didn't last long! Did it snow where you are already?

OK, enough of that.

Gotta go! :sci-fi-beamup: - I love that one! :wink:

Simone.
word count: 84

Dexter: They make it look so easy-connecting with another human being. It's like no one told them it's the hardest thing in the world.

Sinkwriter72
King of the Lab

Post by Sinkwriter72 »

TJ4ever wrote:Sherry,.... ok, I don't ask! But you know... :handgestures-fingerscrossed:
Heee. Thanks, Simone! I had to get close to my computer screen to see that one. I could tell it was a hand, but I didn't know what the fingers were doing, haha. Took me a minute to realize the fingers were crossed. *GRIN*

The face I made in that other post was mainly due to the stress I've been feeling lately. And also family stuff that always seems to recur every year around the holidays, which is more than a bit frustrating, especially because I always feel like I'm stuck in the middle. Hence the stressed-out, screaming icon I chose. Heh.

Anyway, no news to report. Last week I emailed the HR (Human Resources/Employee Relations) representative for an update, and she said they were still interviewing and would make sure to let me know when they had an answer. Alas, no word yet. I'm trying very hard not to feel discouraged. Your smiley amuses me, so that helps. ;)

Sorry about the snow! Brrr! I hope it doesn't last too long for you. Does your area usually get much snow? It's snowed a couple of times here in Illinois, but none of it was heavy enough to actually stick. It's been more like flying flurries that melt upon contact with the ground. Today it's about 40 degrees F. and I just came in from three hours of raking leaves. I'm all rosy-cheeked and muscle-sore. Is there a 'tired' smiley for that? :sleeping-sleeping:

Time to squeeze in some late lunch. I've worked up quite an appetite, with that raking!

P.S. I LOVE that sci-fi smiley you chose. Beam me up! Hilarious.

Take care and have a great day, all! :romance-smileyheart:
~Sherry
Last edited by Sinkwriter72 on Sat Nov 22, 2008 12:31 pm, edited 1 time in total. word count: 305

skftex
TJ Team Validator

Post by skftex »

Hi Simone!

Wow snow. It doesn't snow here much either. Maybe once or twice a year. And it doesn't stay, just snows and then is gone by the next day. Not like it was the winter I spent in Chicago where it snowed every day and there were piles of it by the sides of the roads taller than me!

Hope you are doing well.

I'm doing ok, just have a lot of tests coming up, only 3 weeks until finals! But have two tests before that. Plus spending time doing some things to the site, which will be revealed soon I hope. Of course, the site stuff is the fun stuff!

:character-smurfguy: Smurfs! Oooooooh I love smurfs. I used to collect them.

Sharon
word count: 126
Blessed are they who see beautiful things in humble places where other people see nothing.-Camille Pissarro

skftex
TJ Team Validator

Post by skftex »

Oh! Hi Sherry!! Didn't see you there. Hope news about the job comes soon, and hope it is good news!
word count: 21

Sinkwriter72
King of the Lab

Post by Sinkwriter72 »

*waves at Sharon*

Hi, and thanks!

P.S. re: the snow. Bite your tongue! What are you doing talking about Chicago snow like that? :naughty: What are you trying to do, stir it up? I'm not ready for all those snow piles!!

:D
word count: 42

skftex
TJ Team Validator

Post by skftex »

Well, that was years ago so I'm sure it isn't going to do that this year. :angry-devil: (Does that help?..denying it'll happen?) I was in Chicago from December 2000 to May 2001 so really was a while ago!

Look I found TJ on his new motorcycle! :auto-sportbike:

Sharon
word count: 50
Blessed are they who see beautiful things in humble places where other people see nothing.-Camille Pissarro

Sinkwriter72
King of the Lab

Post by Sinkwriter72 »

*deny deny deny* That should do it, right? :lol:

I wish it were possible to control the weather that way. I know I'm going to have to deal with it eventually; I'm just not ready yet! BRRR.
word count: 38

skftex
TJ Team Validator

Post by skftex »

And I've been saying its cold these last few days, which for here it has been. Lows in the 30s highs in the low 60s. I know to some people a high in the 60s is great weather. I prefer the weather to be a little colder, than the scorching summers we have here. I'm not one that likes the sun that much.

:happy-wavemulticolor: See I'm still playing with the smilies too. I love these guys. And this one :romance-grouphug:

Sharon
word count: 82

mariposa
Fan

Post by mariposa »

:dance: :whistle: :lol: :idea: :angelic-flying: :character-kermit: :character-smurfguy: :flags-wavegreatbritain: :character-ariel: :happy-cheerleaderkid: :happy-jumpeveryone: :romance-grouphug: :text-thankyouyellow: :text-woo: :twocents-02cents:

TRANSLATION:
Oh my goodness!!!
This is so much fun!!!
word count: 10
Mariposa

mariposa
Fan

Post by mariposa »

Was emailing back and forth with Sharon on Facebook tonight and she convinced me to check out the site more often since it IS changing more often. :D

Thank you, SRS, for all your hard work!!! I told Sharon if she ever needs help with proofreading or editing she can email or call me ... I'll make it a priority. I HATE TYPOS!!! :snooty:

Be back soon ...
M
word count: 66
Mariposa

ThyneAlone
TJ Team Validator

Post by ThyneAlone »

Ah Marie, moi aussi. And several others.
What a literate site TJ is going to end up with! :whistle:
word count: 19
"We make our lives out of chaos and hope. And love." - Angela Montenegro

Jude40
Conspiracy Theorist

Post by Jude40 »

Just wanted to say a quick hi to everyone, fully recovered from my cold now so feeling human again. Wasn't very impressed at sitting freezing for hours at a very non eventful football match yesterday (Steph typical, couldn't score to save their lives and with the way all the other results went as well)
The weekend has just improved though. I can be the dizziest person in the world at times and my boyfriend never lets me forget so imagine my joy at the phone call I've just had. He made a trip to Liverpool city centre to go to the farners market and has just phoned to complain that he got all the way there and its not on. He was confused as to why, 'its always on the last Sunday of every month' 'Its not the last Sunday was my response' 'Yes it is its the 24th and there's only the thirty days in September'. I explained that its actually the 23rd and that means he is stood in the freezing cold a whole week early! I am so gonna make the most of this!
Btw loved Bones this week and I predict that Hodgins and Angela will be back together before the end of the season, just got that feeling after this weeks episode.
Anyway hope everyone is having a good weekend, I've got a bookcase to put togther so I suspect mine is going to go downhill fast!!!

Jude x
word count: 249

TJ4ever
King of the Lab

Post by TJ4ever »

3 days of snow now! I hate that! :angry-tappingfoot: :angry-teeth:
But they say it's getting better next week! :happy-cheerleadersmileyguy:
No, Sherry, it usually don't snow much here. That's good, because I don't like snow very much.
Glad my post cheered you up a bit!

Sharon, all the best for your finals.

I wanna watch HOUSE, now. So, see you later. :greetings-wavingyellow: :greetings-wavegreen:

:auto-layrubber:
Simone.
word count: 62

skftex
TJ Team Validator

Post by skftex »

Hi everyone.

I'm at school wasting time until my next class. Its matrix algebra and it makes me sleepy!! The prof. talks really fast and is always saying things like "homogenous system of linear equations" and "nonsingular matrix" and "vector spaces" . :angry-screaming: :whistle:

But I get to go home after that and I won't be going to school again until next Monday. :banana-dance: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncycyan: :happy-bouncygreen: :happy-bouncymagenta: :happy-bouncymulticolor:

Its been so quiet on here.

Marie, glad you do plan to check in more often.

Simone, are you seeing the current season of House right now?? I am an episode behind, because I haven't watched the episode from yet, and tonight is a new one (with an extra 10 minutes on it). Other than Bones I keep falling behind on my TV watching, and even Bones I wached a day later last week.

Well think I'll go look around on another site for awhile then wander over to class. Hope I don't fall asleep (I never do, just yawn A LOT and I sit in the front row :? )

Sharon
word count: 178