Bones 4.10 The Passenger in the Oven

Discussion of TJ's most popular venture to date!
begolden
Conspiracy Theorist

Bones 4.10 The Passenger in the Oven

Post by begolden »

Well, I was certainly surprised to find that no one has posted yet about the last episode, and here it is already four days past! I suppose this gives me a chance to make myself useful, so here it goes...

I actually liked this episode, even though the Brennan/Booth plot was fairly silly, but at least it was interesting to see them try to solve a crime while on board an overseas flight. I certainly can relate to Booth's torture in passenger seating... I thought the mystery fan club ladies quite sweet and fun.

Of course I was merely passing time until TJ came on screen. I was happy with his increased screen time, but still irritated by the whole Angela/Roxie storyline. So, Angela wants Roxie to move in with her??? Hopefully that's just her rebound response to the pain she feels for losing the chance to have a commited relationship with Hodgins. In all honesty, I wanted to heave during the scene that featured all the pearly white teeth acting between Michaela and the Roxie actress. And this is what Fox calls drama.

TJ was great. He played the hell out of those scenes with Michaela. I'm not biased when I say he's the most subtle actor on the show. :clap:
word count: 217
Fan of the Orgasmic Grilled Cheese Sandwich

skftex
TJ Team Validator

Re: Bones 4.10 The Passenger in the Oven

Post by skftex »

Hi Rebecca!

I liked this episode too! Even though I was prepared not to because when I saw the premise, I was thinking FOX has an obsession with putting people on planes and making them have to come up with a solution to something (it was already done on House!!).

The Jack/Angela stuff was good. The Angela/Roxie stuff-oh brother. I really wish if they'd wanted to do this storyline they'd done it with someone else. Now it just seems like another way for Angela to hide, and I think lessens the impact of the story. If they'd given the story to Cam that would have been more interesting and valid. Especially since all indications do point to the fact that Angela and Roxie aren't going to be forever, they keep dropping those hints anyway.

word count: 141
Blessed are they who see beautiful things in humble places where other people see nothing.-Camille Pissarro

Jude40
Conspiracy Theorist

Post by Jude40 »

Hi all

Just a quick comment, loved this episode. Aside from the TJ stuff liked the librarian scene (hysterical).
Like I said on the sofa, my money is on Angela and Hodgins together again by the end of the season, just got a feeling. At least the Roxie realtionship makes things interesting, it would be boring if everything went smoothly!

Jude x
word count: 62

skftex
TJ Team Validator

Post by skftex »

See, I disagree. I don't think a couple is boring if they aren't apart. I think that there are interesting couples all over the world that are together, and while they have conflicts and resolve them, that CAN be interesting, how they make it work. But for the life of TV, the people that write the shows think if people aren't breaking up all the time, that it is boring.
word count: 73
Blessed are they who see beautiful things in humble places where other people see nothing.-Camille Pissarro

Sinkwriter72
King of the Lab

Post by Sinkwriter72 »

I've got comments re: this episode, things I liked, things I didn't, but I'm going to have to put it together and make sure to save it before posting, so it doesn't get lost like my last one! ;) I'm still trying to decide if I should bother trying to recreate that post (the one for Con Man in the Meth Lab). We'll see.

At any rate, I'll be back! Keep talking, please! :D
word count: 79

skftex
TJ Team Validator

Post by skftex »

Sherry I think if you can recreate that post or even something fairly close, you should! As one of the privileged few that had time to read it, it was really really worth reading. TJ read some of that thread last week (after your thread was poofed), and I told him it was too bad he missed your post. :(

Sharon
word count: 60

Jude40
Conspiracy Theorist

Post by Jude40 »

Fair comment Sharon, although I kinda think they've still got a relationship, just with a different slant at the moment . I mean the whole show is really about the relationships within it and whether or not they are 'romantically' involved or not I believe the Angela/Jack relationship is still an important element of this. Although, don't get me wrong I would love them to revisit the romantic relationship again and I suspect they will.
I hope that all made sense as its late and my brain's a bit tired!
Night all.

Jude x
word count: 97

English Al
Fan

Post by English Al »

This is the best episode of the S4 so far. It feels like the writers are getting back to normal again and the scenes with Angie and Jack felt right for once.

I also loved the Librarian scene with Booth and Brennan. Very hot indeed. I thought Brennan looked like Velma from Scooby Doo :lol:
word count: 54

Hansio
Fan

Post by Hansio »

I really loved this episode. I haven't seen anythig like this before so it was exiting to see bones and booth solving a murder in airplane. And i enjoyed the conversation that Jack and Angela had :D
word count: 37