Offtopic Sofa Time

New arrivals, including the hello threads and the sofa.
Sinkwriter72
King of the Lab

Re: Offtopic Sofa Time

Post by Sinkwriter72 »

P.S. Yes, Simone, it was odd yet very funny to read your Conspiracy Theorist comment without knowing what you were talking about. I read it, and all I could think about was The X-Files. (Heeee.) "It's not aliens, Mulder!!" :sci-fi-beamup:
word count: 42

TJ4ever
King of the Lab

Post by TJ4ever »

Last post before London!
Sherry, of course I will tell you all about it when I'm back next weekend!
I really hope David will sign my programme. I guess I will be a little disappointed if he don't, anyway. But well, we'll see!
I'm not sure if I am able to speak when he stands in front of me, but I try to tell him, Sherry! :wink: :)
Till soon! :auto-camptrailer:
Simone.
word count: 73
Angela: Well, what about love? What do you have to say about love?
Hodgins: It´s overrated-most of the time :-)

Dexter: They make it look so easy-connecting with another human being. It's like no one told them it's the hardest thing in the world.

Sinkwriter72
King of the Lab

Post by Sinkwriter72 »

Have an amazing time, Simone!! :dance:
word count: 5

bonesaddict11
Super Fan

Post by bonesaddict11 »

I'm back!! haha. sorry everyone. I've been gone too long. Way too long...
I've just been really really busy with school and things. And thanks for the belated birthday wishes...from 2 months ago... :oops:

Well i suppose i should say what i've been up to these last couple months. Playing a lot of soccer and tennis of course. And school is getting crazyy. Its a lot of hard work. And finals next week. eek! Haha this is sad. I can't really come up with any specifics that happened. I've pretty much been spacing out these past few months. I'm so glad i came back. Don't worry you guys. I'm going to be trying to make routine visits from now on! I promise!!

By the way, the homepage is niiiccce! and these smilies are amazing!!
:crying-pink: :character-cookiemonster: :character-count: :character-jason: :happy-cheerleaderkid: :obscene-buttsway: :happy-bouncyred: :happy-wavemulticolor: :happy-bouncycyan: :happy-wavemulticolor: :happy-bouncymagenta: :chores-vacuum: :gay-umbrella:...Haha, yea. sorry. that was a little :text-offtopic: :wink:

Anyway...I look forward to being a regular part of this community again. And welcome all semi-new people!!!

Dohee
:scared-shocked: I like this one.
word count: 176

TJ4ever
King of the Lab

Post by TJ4ever »

Just a short post, because it's late and I'm tired!

Well, I'm back from London. Didn't turn out the way I planed it. I don't know if you heard it - Steph I bet you already know?! - but David had a back injury and needed surgery. So he didn't do the show (Hamlet) from December 8 (we had tickets that day) and won't be back before Christmas. I was so shocked when I heard that and so sad not to see him! :crying-yellow: Also so worried about him! So much emotions in such a short time. But I learned today that his surgery went well, and he's doing ok!
As I have another ticket for Hamlet in January I really hope I have the chance to see him then. :handgestures-fingerscrossed:
I was so sad that day (Dec. 8 ) that I first didn't want to watch Hamlet. We tried to return the tickets but it was to late for that. So my friend said, "come on, let's watch it! Patrick Stewart is still in it!" But I always had tears in my eyes when I saw the understudy Hamlet. He was...well, it just was not David! :cry: I couldn't really enjoy it.
But the rest of our vacation was great. We had some fun. My friend was very patient with me, but I thought I can't change it anyway so let's enjoy the rest of our vacation! And on Tuesday I was able to smile again! As HOUSE said: "Everything sucks! Might as well find something to smile about!" My friend was very relieved! As I said I still have hope to see him in January! :handgestures-fingerscrossed: David, all the best and get well soon!

OK, the post get's a bit longer! :wink:

In London we did some sightseeing (the usual stuff, because my friend was only once in London before) and a lot of shopping.

I'm going to bed now! Oh no, I have to unpack first! :chores-laundry: Feel free to ask me if you want to know anything specific!

Dohee, great to hear from you again!

Good night!
Simone.
Last edited by TJ4ever on Fri Dec 12, 2008 5:32 am, edited 1 time in total. word count: 359

Dexter: They make it look so easy-connecting with another human being. It's like no one told them it's the hardest thing in the world.

skftex
TJ Team Validator

Post by skftex »

Hi everyone!

Dohee, so nice to hear from you. Glad you are back with us. I'm also glad you like the home page. Much better than that same old message day after day after month after month....

Simone, I'm soooooooo sorry you didn't get to see David Tennant. :x :x Well keep our fingers crossed you get to see him in January.

As for me...FINALS ARE OVER!!! No more school until mid-January! :happy-jumpeveryone:

Sharon
word count: 76
Blessed are they who see beautiful things in humble places where other people see nothing.-Camille Pissarro

TJ4ever
King of the Lab

Post by TJ4ever »

Thanks, Sharon! I was so sad that day! Couldn't talk about it without getting tears in my eyes. :cry:
I like your new signature! So now you can relax a bit as finals are over. That's great!

I have to go to work on monday again, but gonna see my colleagues today at our company's Christmas Party. :sleeping-boring: :text-givemebeer: Don't feel like going but I said I'd come so I kind of have to go. Well, I guess after dinner I'm gonna leave. I will tell you tomorrow how it was!

Till then!
Simone.
word count: 97

ThyneAlone
TJ Team Validator

Post by ThyneAlone »

I was so dismayed and sad when I heard about it, Simone. I knew it was going to be at 'your' time. David Tennant's going to be off for a while now recovering, I believe. Still the possibility of January I guess. Hope things work out for you soon.

Sharon! Great to hear it's over. I finish on Tuesday but I still have loads to do this weekend and a fair bit of work during the vacation (it's 3 weeks - I'm back on January 6th). Ah well <<sigh>> work in my own time when I want to, I suppose. And son no.1 is home from uni tomorrow! Hurray!
word count: 113
"We make our lives out of chaos and hope. And love." - Angela Montenegro

skftex
TJ Team Validator

Post by skftex »

Hi again!

Steph, glad you do get some sort of break over the holidays. I think school starts again for me on Jan 15th. So I get a little more than a month off.

Simone, thanks for the compliment about the signature. I had made it quite a while back but didn't use it. Thought I'd go for a change since I'd had the other one there for awhile. Still keeping my fingers crossed that you get to see David Tennant in January. :romance-grouphug: Hard to type with crossed fingers but oh well!

I know one of my three grades so far, I made a B in Discrete Math. I'm happy with it because I didn't do well on the first test and managed to bring my grade up quite a bit and even made a 91 on my final! The other two I have to wait until they are posted next week.

Sharon

word count: 158
Blessed are they who see beautiful things in humble places where other people see nothing.-Camille Pissarro

TJ4ever
King of the Lab

Post by TJ4ever »

skftex wrote:Hard to type with crossed fingers but oh well!
:text-lol: Thanks Sharon!
Hey, congrats on your B ! Thats great!

ThyneAlone wrote:I was so dismayed and sad when I heard about it, Simone. I knew it was going to be at 'your' time. David Tennant's going to be off for a while now recovering, I believe. Still the possibility of January I guess. Hope things work out for you soon.
Thanks, Steph! My sister said it took at least 3 weeks to recover from that. Maybe there's hope for the last 6 performances in January. They said he won't be back until after Christmas but cannot confirm a date. So, he's trying to come back. That gives me hope. :handgestures-fingerscrossed:
We haven't made it to the Doctor Who exhibition so I will see that in January, too.

The Christmas Party yesterday was ok. Better than I expected. Dinner was great and we all got a little present.

Good night!
Simone.
word count: 165

Sinkwriter72
King of the Lab

Post by Sinkwriter72 »

Oh, Simone! That is such a bummer! I know how much you were looking forward to seeing David perform.

How was his understudy? I ask because I once went to see Cabaret, back when Teri Hatcher (the actress from Lois & Clark, and from Desperate Housewives) was playing Sally, and it turned out the guy who played the Emcee (a big role in that show) did not perform the night that I went, but I thought his understudy was so phenomenal, I didn't even end up missing the other actor. Of course, your situation is different because you knew who the original actor was, while I had no prior knowledge of the guy who was supposed to play the Emcee. But the part was so specific and colorful, I thought there was no way the understudy would be able to pull it off as well as the actor who had been chosen to play the part. I was wrong. He was truly amazing; in fact, he ended up being my favorite part of the entire show.

Doesn't mean what happened to you wasn't a total let-down, though. I'm really sorry you didn't get the chance to see him that night. I know that must have put such a damper on your fun. Still, there's always January! :handgestures-fingerscrossed: He'll be back! I know it! And you will see him then. :dance:

And before I forget, how was the magnificent Patrick Stewart? I assume he still performed, didn't he? I can only imagine what it must be like to see him on stage. *is in dreamy awe* :romance-inlove:

Anyway, let me know how the Doctor Who exhibit is, when you go. I've seen pictures from when Tara went -- it looked really fun.

Sharon, congratulations on your good grades! Good luck with your finals! I'm cheering you on. :happy-cheerleaderkid:

Hi to Dohee! :greetings-wavingblue: So glad to see you stop by. It's been too long. Have you been watching Prison Break? Only one more episode to go before the ... well... break for the holiday. Heee.

Hello to the rest of you. :D It's coooooold here in Illinois. (I don't see any smilies that look like a shivering popsicle. Heh.) It's been snowing all afternoon, and the news says it's supposed to keep on throughout the night, and quite possibly here and there all week. Nooooooooooooooooooo. I love a 'white Christmas' but I don't enjoy the cold temperatures (or driving in those icy conditions). The upside? If the snow doesn't melt by Christmas next week, we'll be able to take my nephew and niece sledding -- that was so much fun last year. Anyway, I hope you are all doing well, staying warm, and having a good month.

xo
Sherry
word count: 466

bonesaddict11
Super Fan

Post by bonesaddict11 »

Sinkwriter72 wrote:Hi to Dohee! :greetings-wavingblue: So glad to see you stop by. It's been too long. Have you been watching Prison Break? Only one more episode to go before the ... well... break for the holiday. Heee.
Sherry
Hi! Yes it definitely has been too long. and yes i have been watching prison break. It is getting quite interesting. Im curious to see them work for the company.

And today I have no school today!!!!!! :laughing-jumpingpurple: Theres no snow, but its some kind of weird ice day. But who cares!! The only thing is, today I was supposed to take finals. Hmm..I wonder how i'll make that up with the semester ending soon...oh well!!!

And Simone I know it's a little late but I'm sorry to hear about your trip to london. But at least you have the chance to see him soon! :mrgreen:
word count: 147

Garb24
Fan

Post by Garb24 »

Hi Gang, sorry I've been away for a couple of weeks now & I just got
caught up on everyone replying to my earlier post on Dec 2. Thanks
for the welcomes.

To Super Fan in Texas, Bug Guy (Sherry) in Illinois, TJ Team Validator in
SD California and to the Conspiracy Theorist in Germany, thanks for the
comments.

To try and answer some of the questions for Sherry, I first became aware
of Bones while flipping through the channels one night. I watched a few
minutes and thought it woul be something I would enjoy so I went and
rented season one at the local video store. That led to Season two, three and then I had to catch up to season four through the internet. As for the characters,, I honestly did not know any of them before I watched the show. I have since done the Wikipedia thing and caught up on everyone's life from the show, that was how I found TJ's site and became that much more interested. Funy how things come about but I enjoy this site and look forward to the show each week. Which reminds me, is Bones off until the new year?. As far as James Bond goes, I am a life long fan and I have not really thought that any of the actors have done a bad job. If I was to pick, I would say either Timothy Dalton or Daniel Craig as my fav's although they all have their manerisms and styles.

Better go now, kids will be home from school soon. :doh:

PS Super Fan - What are you guys gonna do with Avery? Picking on a nice Canadian girl like that ! Hope he straightens out, gets some help and returns to the NHL, he's a character player and the NHL needs character players, not just characters. :?:

Todd
word count: 313

skftex
TJ Team Validator

Post by skftex »

Hi Todd

Welcome back. :) Its interesting to find out how people started watching Bones. I actually just was bored one night and turned the TV on, and it happened to be on FOX and Bones came on so I watched it-it was a season 3 episode. Then I did pretty much the same thing you did, found all the other episodes and watched them within two weeks. :mrgreen:

I guess I'm Super Fan. Though that's just our rankings so several might have that! I'm skftex (aka Sharon) :)

Well, I guess they are going to trade Avery. I imagine once he gets through with his anger management classes, that is what they will try to do. Someone will take him because he does have the talent, though he really wasn't much of a help to Dallas this season prior to the incident. Personally I don't think what he said had anything to do with anger management, it was more pure stupidity and I don't know that they have classes for that. :roll:

Sharon
word count: 177

TJ4ever
King of the Lab

Post by TJ4ever »

Thank you Sherry and Dohee for your kind and encouraging words. I really hope to see him in January. As he had surgery I don't know if he will be back. But he said he tries to come back so there's still hope, though. :handgestures-fingerscrossed: :royalty-crown:
Sherry, Patrick Stewart was amazing. He played Claudius (?) and the Ghost. It was the only highlight of my day! I've already seen Patrick Stewart once at a Convention and twice on stage (one time in NY where he did "A Christmas Carol" - FANTASTIC, btw.!) But I couldn't enjoy Hamlet. Didn't listen to the actors most of the time. I always thought David would have done it so much better, or when Ed (the understudy) said a sentence with David's mimic or emphasis as we know it from Doctor Who I so wished that he would be there! Had tears in my eyes most of the time. Ed got mixed critics. I personally didn't like him ( well I guess I am a bit biased :? ). It was David's Hamlet he tried to play. Sometimes a bit boring. He didn't have the intensity from David. (Hope you understand what I mean. It's a bit difficult for me to explain it in English!) But well, he got ovations - partial standing - because he was so brave to do it. He had to fill big shoes and I bet he was so nervous. He cried when it was over. Bet he was relieved! Honestly I didn't want to watch it, but my friend wanted to. It was a huge disappointment not to see David! :(
Sinkwriter72 wrote:Still, there's always January! :handgestures-fingerscrossed: He'll be back! I know it! And you will see him then. :dance:
I really hope so! :handgestures-fingerscrossed: :romance-admire:

Yeah the Doctor Who Exhibition! Looking forward to see that! I'll tell you how it was. My friend is not such a big Doctor Who fan so I thought I'm gonna visit it in January.

Oh, that late again! Got to go to bed!
See you!
Simone.
word count: 346

Jude40
Conspiracy Theorist

Post by Jude40 »

Hi all

Just got back from my friends birthday meal which followed the usual bizarre path, discussions around a bit of a misunderstanding about a certain workmate living in a fridge (a very long story which is often told and usually ends with crying, breathless laughter), Schnozzle Durante sings Kylie Minogue in Prague (bizarre but true kind of!), and lunching in Baltimore which I definitely didn't dream but no-one else can remember. My personal favourite discussion this time was that we are all going to move to California to meet hot millionaires, shopping, yachts and more shopping were the main topics!
It was a good night and the rest of the week is gonna be hectic, Elton John tomorrow and The Zutons on Friday, typical, everything always happens around the same time, then it gets boring again.
Anyway, just been looking at some of the recent posts and wanted to say a couple of things. I came to 'Bones' through 'Cold Case' in that they are both shown on Sky 1 in the UK and I saw the advert for 'Bones' whilst watching 'Cold Case'. Only saw my first episode in September but have already caught up on quite a few and when I get the boxed set for Christmas can catch up on the rest Happy Days!
The other thing I wanted to say was I can certainly appreciate the whole David Tennant attraction and he's the best Doctor although I actually prefer him with his natural accent. By the way any ideas as to who the new Doctor is going to be I heard David Morrissey.

Anyway catch you later

Jude x
word count: 277

TJ4ever
King of the Lab

Post by TJ4ever »

Jude40 wrote:By the way any ideas as to who the new Doctor is going to be I heard David Morrissey.
Hi Jude,

David Morrissey is in the next Christmas special with David Tennant called "The next Doctor". I don't think he will be the next Doctor.
I am very curious, too, who will be the new Doctor! Don't have any clue! Steph, have you heard anything? I bought the last Doctor Who magazine. There are some specs in it. But can't remember. Will read it again.

Simone.
word count: 91

sofilps
Super Fan

Post by sofilps »

I already said it on the other thread, but I love how the new site is looking! And I'm glad that there are changes going on finally.

It's been like.. i don't know...3 months? more I think, since I last logged in here. Bad me, bad me. I just wanted to say hi again to everyone in here and that I'll try my best to pop up and comment more often.

The main reason why I haven't been in here I think was because I travelled to Spain on Sept. 3rd and I came back October 24th. So, yes, that might be the huuuuge reason. See, I didn't had any internet conection near me. But I had some great times and I visited some awesome places and people I haven't seen in years. You can see pictures at my facebook account here and here. Can you believe that I still need to upload some more? I've been procrastinating it. I almost went to Paris too, but for time problems, and money too, we prefered to stay only in Spain. Now I look back to it and I can't believe it. Getting to know a culture that's not thaaat different from mine (to start with, we have the same language, though it's a different accent and I confess that I laughed the first weeks by the way they talked...) it was awesome, everyone was so kind and nice. It couldn't have been better. The historic part of the trip and going to all those palaces and castles, that was awesome. I mean, the whole Europe has so many history! I remember I went to a small village that's called "Lagran" and the family house of my friend's boyfriend had like...350 years! THAT'S MORE THAN WHAT MY COUNTRY HAS! We haven't even reached the 200 years of history as a country yet, we are going in two years, or 1 because we are practically on 2009. So, yeah, that amazed me. I was crazy with those little pieces of history that people told me about or that I read in brochures and learned in visit guides...Even more when we went to visit "Guernica," where Picasso started his painting, it was funny because I was standing on the place I studied about one year ago in school. Really, all that history made me crazy. I was shocked.

Then I came back to my normal life, and here I am, still strugling with one damn more subject to finish highschool and preparing myself for University next year. To start for good. No more 'sabbatical.' And I'm working in my brother's business, which it turned out to be fun, I have a little bit more of money for my things and I get to see my brother more often than I did before which is always good.

Okay, this is more than I ever wrote in here I think. So, I'm back and I hope everyone is doing good, I guess there are many many many new users. It's nice to come back and see that TJ's community is growing!

:mrgreen:
word count: 539
~ s o f i

skftex
TJ Team Validator

Post by skftex »

Hi Sofi! So good to hear from you. I loved reading about your trip to Spain. It sounds like you had a great time, and I know what you mean about the history and standing there. The way you talk about that sounds like a girl after my own heart as I love the history of places!!

I'll have to find you on facebook and add you to my friends. I haven't looked at the photos yet. I loved the little piece of Spain I visited..years and years ago...wow..I was there in 1991! Only the southern part, we were in Malaga and a little into the surrounding towns. I was only there 3 days so couldn't really see as much as I wanted.

Sharon

word count: 130

sofilps
Super Fan

Post by sofilps »

Thanks! I was more on the east and north part of Spain, like Barcelona, Valencia, Alicante then Vitoria and I went to Madrid too. It was quite a trip, I was from one place to the other but it was fun. I loved the history of Spain, I mean, all that stuff with knights and the kings and everything, we don't have that kind of history around here, that's why it impressed me so much.

BTW, You can search me in facebook as "Sofi Fagnilli Fuentes"
word count: 88
~ s o f i