Offtopic Sofa Time

New arrivals, including the hello threads and the sofa.
Jude40
Conspiracy Theorist

Re: Offtopic Sofa Time

Post by Jude40 »

Hi All

Sofi, I'm really jealous of your Spanish trip, only ever been to one Spanish city, Barcelona, and loved it, with all the Gaudi architecture, the Picasso museum , Monserrat and of course the Nou Camp stadium (I'm a massive football/soccer fan). The Spanish people are cool, my aunt is Spanish, from Zamora, and I've met quite a few of her family members over the years, all really friendly.
Just one other thing the Elton John 'Red Piano' show was fabulous last night, the music and the accompanying films that David Lachappelle did, haven't seen much of his work before but he is mega talented.

Catch you later

Jude x
word count: 115

sofilps
Super Fan

Post by sofilps »

My time in Barcelona was very quick unfortunately, I went in the morning and came back at night. But we did a guided visit through the city on the tour bus. It's a huge city, and has so many things to see! I'd loved to have some more time to actually be able to get off the bus and walk around...but time was too short. And I met up with a Bones' friend I made at my massage board, which was amazing by the way, and that shortened my visiting time too. I wanted to see "La Sagrada Familia" and the Nou Camp Stadium (Go Barça! Go Messi! I was cheering for the Barça all the time I was in Spain.), but then again, I didn't had time. But I went to Starbucks, hahaa and I saw one episode of Bones at my friends house, and we almost got ourselves ran over by a couple of cars when trying to cross some avenue, and it was raining so I also almost get my ass on the floor when I ran to catch the bus. Good times.
word count: 192
~ s o f i

ThyneAlone
TJ Team Validator

Post by ThyneAlone »

Sofi! You're back! How great is that. Feliz Navidad. I am so envious of your Spanish trip. I have been to Barcelona, but only briefly; about 9 years ago my school was involved in a 3-year European Commission project with 4 other European schools, one of which was in the small town of Vic near Barcelona. Occasionally the school reps got together for planning meetings and had huge fun; and on one of these occasions we went to Vic. The other schools got a FULL tour of the city when they arrived, but I was late because my flight was massively delayed, so I only got a fleeting glimpse of Barcelona. Still loved it though. Sounds like you had a fantastic time. It is brill to have you back though. Since your expertise is in message boards, maybe you could help us with our problem of working out how to put a chat forum on here? That is one of our aims at the moment...

Hello to you too, Jude, sorry to have been so absent of late here. I have now finished school but am on a mad merry-go-round of preparing for Christmas, so pressure is sort of off but life is still pretty frenetic. I didn't see the match v Arsenal this afternoon (left it to the offspring while I was decorating) but the result is somewhat disappointing. It's just irritating when things fail to come together like that.

Anyway - hopefully be more present in the near future. How are all your preparations going? I'll try and put some of mine down in the TJ Christmas thread!
word count: 276
"We make our lives out of chaos and hope. And love." - Angela Montenegro

TJ4ever
King of the Lab

Post by TJ4ever »

Hey sofi, welcome back! I bet you have your driver's license already?! Nice to hear that you had such a great time in Spain.
Simone.
word count: 26
Angela: Well, what about love? What do you have to say about love?
Hodgins: It´s overrated-most of the time :-)

Dexter: They make it look so easy-connecting with another human being. It's like no one told them it's the hardest thing in the world.

Jude40
Conspiracy Theorist

Post by Jude40 »

Hi Steph
Good to hear from you. I watched the game today, wasn't too bad but I was really disappointed with the result. I see Wenger's been moaning again, apparently they got kicked off the park poor things!!!! Need the blues to do us a favour tomorrow.
About to go and put the tree up now that we've retrieved it from the loft. I think I'll watch 'Validation' again on Christmas morning, a feel good start to a feelgood day, I might even be able to persuade my boyfriend to watch it when he comes round to open his presents (and even better I get to open mine off him, including my 'Bones' seasons 1 to 3 boxed set).
If I don't catch you before Happy Christmas.

Jude x
word count: 134

sofilps
Super Fan

Post by sofilps »

:mrgreen: Everybody envies me! hahaha.

I see we are in the same position with Barcelona, Steph. I saw everything in a rush. Anyway, about the chat for the message board, I'll send you a PM right now.

Thanks for the welcome Simone! And I'm sorry to tell you I haven't got my driver's license yet. I need to go and take the exam, like...NOW! I keep on delaying it...and I hate that.

:)
word count: 77
~ s o f i

TJ4ever
King of the Lab

Post by TJ4ever »

Oh, sorry, sofi! When you told us back then it sounds like you gonna have it, soon. Guess the trip to Spain delayed it a bit, right?
word count: 27

Dexter: They make it look so easy-connecting with another human being. It's like no one told them it's the hardest thing in the world.

sofilps
Super Fan

Post by sofilps »

TJ4ever wrote:Oh, sorry, sofi! When you told us back then it sounds like you gonna have it, soon. Guess the trip to Spain delayed it a bit, right?
Exactly, the trip and the other exams I had to take before leaving. But I'm not going to delay it no more, I'll be taking it in Jeanuary when the holiday crazyness goes a way a bit. It's decided. :lol: I really want to have my license as soon as possible.
word count: 82
~ s o f i

ThyneAlone
TJ Team Validator

Post by ThyneAlone »

Jude40 wrote:Need the blues to do us a favour tomorrow
Well Jude...a draw...one satisfied Blue, one satisfied Red in my house. They did do a certain amount of good then!
Jude40 wrote:If I don't catch you before Happy Christmas.
And to you, hon, have fun. :mrgreen: :occasion-xmas:
word count: 52

sofilps
Super Fan

Post by sofilps »

Hey Steph, did you received the PM with the 'how to add a chat box to the forum' explanation? I had a strange dream last night and I woke up with the doubt. I know, weird.
word count: 36
~ s o f i

ThyneAlone
TJ Team Validator

Post by ThyneAlone »

Sofi you are a mind reader; I actually came on here tonight to thank you and let you know I found it really useful. As far as Doing Anything is concerned, well, I have no power there. Ben is the admin, and I don't think he will be wanting to share that; I only have moderator access. So I have contacted him with your information and am hoping he will be able to use it. Weird thing about Ben, he is adept at site creation but seems to have little experience and in fact to be rather wary of message boards. It is the story of my life here on the board, therefore, that things I want done usually take a while to be sorted. But we're getting there and I think you may have been quite a help. Watch this space!
word count: 144

sofilps
Super Fan

Post by sofilps »

Wow, I thought Ben was gone too, HA! Well then, we have to wait and see. I'm glad it was useful and I hope Ben finds it helpful too because a chat box in here would be an awesome feature. They are even useful when needing to announce things. You are very welcome ;)
word count: 54
~ s o f i

ThyneAlone
TJ Team Validator

Post by ThyneAlone »

Jude, hi, I see we are on together! Just wanted to say - Newcastle game - good or what? Christmas is turning out pretty positive footie-wise! :wink:
word count: 25

Jude40
Conspiracy Theorist

Post by Jude40 »

Hi Steph

I am sooooo happy footie wise can't believe how well the Xmas matches have gone. Just a small matter of keeping this going for the rest of the season now

Jude x
word count: 35

English Al
Fan

Post by English Al »

I was delighted with Newcastle v Liverpool game too. I support their unheard of rivals (Gateshead) and we really live in their shadows, so listening to them get thumped on the radio was hilarious.

Early Happy New Year everyone :dance:
word count: 39

ThyneAlone
TJ Team Validator

Post by ThyneAlone »

You too Alan! How's little Tempe? Behaving herself I hope!
word count: 11

English Al
Fan

Post by English Al »

Little Tempe is just fine, thanks.

She is sitting up, rolling over and even did a little crawl on Christmas Day. She seems more advanced than her older brother and sister at five months old.

TJ4ever
King of the Lab

Post by TJ4ever »

To all the Doctor Who fans:

Jan.3rd - BBC One 17.35hrs

THEY ANNOUNCE THE 11TH DOCTOR!

I guess I will catch it on the internet somewhere! How exciting, isn't it!?! :banana-linedance:

Have fun watching it!

Simone.
word count: 37

ThyneAlone
TJ Team Validator

Post by ThyneAlone »

Yep, heard that announced earlier this evening on the radio. I will be there watching, Simone!

A thought: does anyone out there agree with my instinct that TJ could act a really good Doctor Who?

TJ4ever
King of the Lab

Post by TJ4ever »

And I will be on the internet. So curious! But not only because of the DW announcement. I hope they will tell us tomorrow, if David will return to Hamlet next week! Still got everything crossed! :handgestures-fingerscrossed: So, tomorrow will be an exciting day! Hope with only great news! :) :?

Yeah, I vote for TJ as The Doctor! :D :wink:
Last edited by TJ4ever on Fri Jan 02, 2009 2:27 pm, edited 1 time in total. word count: 56