Bones 4.13 Fire in the Ice

Discussion of TJ's most popular venture to date!
Jude40
Conspiracy Theorist

Bones 4.13 Fire in the Ice

Post by Jude40 »

*******IF YOU HAVEN'T SEEN IT POSSIBLE SPOLIERS AHEAD******

Hi All

OK I loved this episode, although I have a feeling it isn't going to be everyone's taste on here.

I liked the Ice Hockey theme, not that I understand all the rules, but I must admit I like the physical side of it!

I also love Wendell, he's really sweet and seems to fit well within the dynamics of the team, particularly with Hodgins and Booth. To use a well worn phrase I reckon 'he's a keeper'.

Fave TJ moment has to be the photo opportunity with the fish 'cos it made me giggle and he looked really cute.

Again the plotline was secondary but I have to say that doesn't really bother me as I watch mostly for the characters and the humour anyway. I thought the interaction between Jack and Angela was cool in this episode and they are so heading back together. I know not everyone on here is a fan of Brennan/Booth but the hopeless romantic part of me absolutely loved the last scene in this episode, a definite all say AWWWWWWW moment!

Oh and something I never thought I'd say in my early days of watching this show but Cam is really growing on me now, sharp and funny.

Ok onward to the 'Hero in the Hold'

Catch you later

Jude x
word count: 235

ThyneAlone
TJ Team Validator

Re: Bones 4.13 Fire in the Ice

Post by ThyneAlone »

Where did you watch this? I've only found Panhandle on the Net so far!!!
word count: 15
"We make our lives out of chaos and hope. And love." - Angela Montenegro

Jude40
Conspiracy Theorist

Post by Jude40 »

Hi Steph

I watched them both on SuperNova, try this link, if it doesn't work you should be able to go to SuperNova and pick it up from there.

http://www.supernovatube.com/divx.php?v ... 438fc3d0bc

Btw not impressed with the football situation at the mo, gotta win tomorrow to get confidence back.

Jude x
word count: 57

ThyneAlone
TJ Team Validator

Post by ThyneAlone »

Thanks sweetie. But DivX links don't work for me, I have learned over the months. As it happens it has now come up on megavideo so I have seen it.

Well, yes, it was ok; another fairly superficial plot, entertaining enough; more development of BB at the expense of the squints, more of the focus on Booth (and his plethora of 'skills') which seems to have happened increasingly (bitch bitch) since DB started producing, more of that deus ex machina turning up at the last minute instead of a progressive zeroing in on the culprit. To an extent I can deal with that. But, like you, I'm interested in the characters, and not everything on that front is moving as I would prefer either. The Wendell/Hodgins action is getting quite cute, true, as they continue to press for a Zack 'replacement', and Angela and Jack seem to have reached a believable footing again, although I notice she says she is still with Roxie. Now this could be an understandable enough lie to her ex, but I can't help feeling the ep is another victim of out-of-order airing! And it's good to see Cam receiving a little more attention, though her character seems to be serving the others at present rather than telling us anything about her. The team emphasis was promising too; a chorus of "we're Booth's people" at least shows that they still think of themselves as a family..

However. True to character? However much unexpressed 'rage' is simmering under Booth's 'affable' exterior, would he really punch someone down so repeatedly even in a hockey game? One or two thrusts I could understand (a la clown shooting), but that systematic vicious pounding? I'm sorry, it's not him. The ep shows clearly that he doesn't want to be like his abusive father and his army and FBI training will have disciplined the way he uses violence. Is the FBI really going to take on an agent who explodes under pressure like that? And then Brennan, with her well-established respect for all the individuals whose stories she teases from their broken bodies, would she really say 'let's get this popsicle back to the lab'? In season 1 she reprimanded Zack for using similar epithets.

And don't get me going on agent Perotta. How unprofessional was that interview? Would she have flirted like that with any other suspect? I think she'd have been out of the bureau pretty quickly if she had. And as for Booth storming next door to round on Sweets for his suggestion of a slightly more probing question - words fail me.

Some bits were good, some weren't, it's still not consistently up to standard. But TJ, well, still completely Jack, completely faithful to character as he has always been in spite of the occasionally silly lines he is given. And I would have watched complete and utter nonsense to see all those close-ups and those wonderful expressive eyes (sorry if you're reading this and it embarrasses you, man, but it's true). Good to know Hodgins has not turned into a lapdog and that he can tease Angela about her twinges of jealousy at him starting to date again. That's my boy.

I've still got to sort a few thoughts on Panhandle. Sorry this has been rather rushed. We have a guest and a concert this weekend plus I am trying to get up to date with exam marking! But I will be keeping an eye on the footie, Jude!
word count: 605

jpesaim2
Fan

Post by jpesaim2 »

You can also see the episode at www.surfthechannel.com. You can also view seasons 1 - 4 on the same site.
word count: 21

skftex
TJ Team Validator

Post by skftex »

I liked this one. I don't have time to say why tonight though. It's late, I'm tired. So back tomorrow. I do have to say, as a hockey fan, they wouldn't (or shouldn't have) let Booth continue to beat on the guy once he was on his knees. They break the fight up as soon as one or both players goes down. :lol:
word count: 67
Blessed are they who see beautiful things in humble places where other people see nothing.-Camille Pissarro

ThyneAlone
TJ Team Validator

Post by ThyneAlone »

Thanks so much for that, much appreciated, jpesaim! Being UK based I can't get the Fox online airings. Welcome. It's great to see you, and really helpful, too!

Do come over to the Welcome forum and tell us about yourself when you feel you'd like to. We love new members and new angles on things.

Which does not mean to say I am not waiting to hear from you, Sharon, with bated breath...
word count: 76

begolden
Conspiracy Theorist

Post by begolden »

I found this episode much more enjoyable than the the previous one, if only because TJ gets so many good moments to show off his acting talent and considerable cuteness! Loved the scene at the fish tank with him posing for another "photo opportunity." What a wonderful smile he gives the camera! Other than the lab moments, I could care less, and fast-forwarded through most of the Brennan/Booth stuff.
word count: 71
Fan of the Orgasmic Grilled Cheese Sandwich

Sandy
Fan

Post by Sandy »

i love the episode!! yeah a i agree with you begolden .. i liked this part too, when Hodgins and Wendell go to the apartment to look proofs haha and when Wendell take the photo to the smailing Hodgins with the fishes... :lol:
word count: 41

Consuelo
Fan
Mood:

Post by Consuelo »

I love the moment Bones and Booth have together in the end :D and I love Hodgins aswell :D

Consuelo xXx
word count: 19
Jack hodgins Is the king of the lab: