Offtopic Sofa Time

New arrivals, including the hello threads and the sofa.
TJ4ever
King of the Lab

Re: Offtopic Sofa Time

Post by TJ4ever »

Thanks, Sherry! Yeah, it was really amazing! I liked it very much that they did it a bit modern. It was really entertaining!

I think I'll fly again tomorrow and hope to take some nice pictures of him. Managed to catch a cheap flight. A bit crazy, I know! :)

Simone.
word count: 51
Angela: Well, what about love? What do you have to say about love?
Hodgins: It´s overrated-most of the time :-)

Dexter: They make it look so easy-connecting with another human being. It's like no one told them it's the hardest thing in the world.

Sinkwriter72
King of the Lab

Post by Sinkwriter72 »

Have fun! Tell him I said hi. (Heh.) :mrgreen:
word count: 8
I want to thank anyone who spends part of their day creating [& sharing their experience]. I don't care if it's a book, a film, a painting, a dance, a piece of theater, a piece of music… I think this world would be unlivable without art. ~ S. Soderbergh

skftex
TJ Team Validator

Post by skftex »

Simone, I guess you are already off to London, but I wanted to say I hope you have a great time.

I just ordered the books I'll need for school this semester. And its amazing that I spent less than $100! Of course, that is only because I already have the physics book that should have been made of gold based on its cost (because I dropped the course last semester so I'm taking it again) and found out my computer course uses the same book as last semester. Luckily I had decided to keep that book because its something that I might use in a work capacity so I didn't sell it back at the end of the semester like I do most books!

Other than that I've been very lazy lately. I've spent a lot of time on facebook and playing with my pet on pet society (an app in facebook). Not sure how I'm going to get my lazy brain back into gear when school starts. Plus my brother is getting married that same week that school starts and I'm a bridesmaid. My sister that lives in Mississippi is coming and I'm excited about that, I haven't seen her in almost 3 years!

Well that is about it I guess. I hope everyone had a great week.

Sharon
word count: 230
Blessed are they who see beautiful things in humble places where other people see nothing.-Camille Pissarro

Jude40
Conspiracy Theorist

Post by Jude40 »

Hi All

Just a quick visit to say miracles do happen. My boyfriend managed to cajole me into watching some University Challenge day stuff on the TV over the holiday (for those of you who don't know thats a British quiz between universities). He managed to get me to watch the film 'Starter for Ten' and the Young Ones episode 'Bambi' again both quite British and I'm not sure how widely viewed elsewhere ( I have to admit I really enjoyed both and the 'Young Ones' episode had the added interest of seeing much younger versions of Hugh Laurie and Stephen Fry back in the day).

Anyway the miracle bit is that in return Alex finally agreed to watch an episode of 'Bones' which he spends time bad mouthing but has never seen. I picked 'Pain in the Heart' and his critique was amazingly 'has promise I wouldn't mind watching more'. I'm still recovering from the shock! The down side is that he's now keen on acquiring a beer dispensing hat MEN!

BTW Steph getting a bit of a bad feeling about the football situation, the derby next week is going to be quite scary now.

Catch you later everyone

Jude x
word count: 206

TJ4ever
King of the Lab

Post by TJ4ever »

I'm back! :D Sorry, I wasn't here already, yesterday and told you about my 2nd trip to London this year. First my mum called me over for lunch and in the afternoon I was so tired I fell asleep on my couch. When I woke up it was about 9pm and I went to bed.

You guys were right, it really WAS fun!!! :!: :happy-jumpgreen:
On the 9th I went to the stage door again and managed to get a good spot (first row). I got another autograph and did some great pictures of him. Hope I can put them on my myspace site next weekend! (Yeah, I know, Sharon, still haven't put the one with Bruce on it. Sorry! :shifty: )
On the 10th I considered to watch Hamlet again but I was to late in the row for returns. Maybe half an hour earlier and I would have gotten in. But, well, I have seen it twice, so it was ok. Instead I went to watch Mandy Patinkin in concert. It was great! A very nice man, great singer and entertainer! After it I got an autograph and did some pictures of him, too. There were about 10 people waiting for him. A completely different crowd than at David's. No screaming! :wink:
After that I went to "Davids" stage door again, but the place was already packed. So I stood behind and waited just to say goodbye. He was out very short, because they had a party going on inside. But I thought it was nice of him that he was there anyway. Some others wanted to wait till the party was over, but I didn't. I went to Piccadilly Circus, drank a coffee at McDonald's and then I took the airport transer bus at 2.40 am. Had a flight at 7 am on Sunday.

I didn't regret it that I was there again. Was really FUN!!!

Oh, just want to say, if TJ will play Hamlet in New York I will do anything possible to watch that, too! :!: Of course, I am still a TJ fan, too! :!: :D

OK - 'I will take my leave, now!' :wink: :D

Simone. :sci-fi-beamup:
Last edited by TJ4ever on Wed Jan 21, 2009 10:26 am, edited 1 time in total. word count: 360

Dexter: They make it look so easy-connecting with another human being. It's like no one told them it's the hardest thing in the world.

skftex
TJ Team Validator

Post by skftex »

Hi Simone,

Sounds like you had a great time. Will we see the photos?? Hmmm :wink:

I've never really cared for Mandy Patinkin's voice but it sounds like you enjoyed the concert, which is good!

Sharon
word count: 37
Blessed are they who see beautiful things in humble places where other people see nothing.-Camille Pissarro

TJ4ever
King of the Lab

Post by TJ4ever »

Well, I am not such a big fan of him (know him from Chicago Hope and Criminal Minds, of course!), and haven't cared for his voice very much either, but I got a very cheap day ticket and I thought it's a good way to kill some time. But it was really good. He has a great voice. The songs were not the ones I usually listen to and I haven't heard them ever before but it was a nice evening!

Yes, Sharon, you will see the photos! :wink: Promise! :)

Simone
word count: 93

Miss Rhi
Fan

Post by Miss Rhi »

Off the topic -

Can someone please tell my puppy and kitten to stop fighting!!

Um.

Lovely view Mia and Ruby. Just lovely.

So Mia goes from this -

To that horrible view above.

And Ruby... goes from this -

OH WHY!!

WHY can't they be like this anymore!!

Hehe. So those are my beautiful little girls.

I am Rhi. I am 24.

I am a writer. I work full-time in the media industry, writing letters to disgruntled customers about programming. It's interesting and at least I keep writing!

I am nervous as hell, as I am getting my wisdom teeth out (that are nicely impacted and sitting along my jaw nerve :x ) in exactly two weeks, I expect y'all to keep me company!

I am an Aussie. Yes, I am from Melbourne in Australia. What could I say about Melbourne... well... it's literally a place you get four seasons in one day. You have to dress as if it's going to rain, hail or shine every day. I wouldn't live any other place!

I'm married. I married young and often get horrified looks from people my age. My husband, Cory is a very wise man and we have been together for almost five years. We were together for five months before deciding to take the plunge, and got married in April 2007. Cory turns 36 next month - I like my men older!

Phew...

I am liking it here.

*gets more comfy*
word count: 246

bonesaddict11
Super Fan

Post by bonesaddict11 »

AHH!! Omg your kitten and puppy is sooo cute!!! :mrgreen:
Miss Rhi wrote:
I am an Aussie. Yes, I am from Melbourne in Australia. What could I say about Melbourne... well... it's literally a place you get four seasons in one day. You have to dress as if it's going to rain, hail or shine every day. I wouldn't live any other place!
Its like that here in Indiana too! One hour you have sun and the next its snowing. :roll:
and OoOo..Australia. I've always wanted to go there. :D
word count: 92

begolden
Conspiracy Theorist

Post by begolden »

Welcome Rhi! Although both your fur-babies are darlings, I really fell in love with the puppy! (dog person, here). Thanks for sharing the pics! And I just happen to be partial to 36 year old guys too, but mine is a younger man--LOL!

word count: 45
Fan of the Orgasmic Grilled Cheese Sandwich

Miss Rhi
Fan

Post by Miss Rhi »

Ruby and I are definitely closer than Mia and I. I rescued Mia when she was 3 weeks old and she was a big as the palm of my hand! But Mia loves her Daddy - and will cuddle him over me any time of the day.

Since Ruby was such a hit, I decided to post more pictures. Cuz... I loves her and she is my homie.

Sleepy Ruby. And yes - that's her tongue sticking out! She was way tired!

I love this picture. We were cuddling and she let me snap the photo.

Her and I were rolling around playing with her digimon. Yes that green thing.

Her and I totally posing. :)

Oh - and for those that are dog people, she is a japanese spitz x pomerianian. She is three in May and she is beautiful. :)
word count: 138

Sinkwriter72
King of the Lab

Post by Sinkwriter72 »

*waves hi to Rebecca and Sharon* :greetings-wavingblue:

And Sharon? I've got to dash off for a little while, but soon I will be back and I will play around with that wacky new message box over there on the right. Then I'll be able to say hi when you and I happen to be on site at the same time. Whee! :D Until next time... have a lovely evening! *hugs*
word count: 70

TJ4ever
King of the Lab

Post by TJ4ever »

OK, here I am! :) No one's here. :( Just a quick visit. Wanna watch HOUSE, now.
Work is very stressful at the moment and I am very tired in the evening. So don't really feel like going on the internet. I am also a bit sad that 'Hamlet' is over. (Post Hamlet depression??? :wink: ) Hope David will do theatre again, soon. Maybe in 2010 when he finished with 'Doctor Who'?! I bought 'Doctor Who' season 4 now. Yeah, couldn't help myself! :) Hope there will be a complete box set season 1-4 plus all specials till then. That would be great. Oh, and also bought season 3 of 'Bones', of course.

Rhi, cute pictures!
- Ah, pictures...that reminds me of something! :oops: :D Sharon, try to put them on my site next weekend. I am not so familiar with computers so it always takes a while and I often lose patience then. And I will put the one with Bruce on it, too.

Consider to join 'facebook'. Sounds like fun!

Talk to you all later!

Simone.
word count: 175

bonesaddict11
Super Fan

Post by bonesaddict11 »

I don't know about you people out of the country but...
2 new episodes of bones on thursday!!!!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :D :lol:
word count: 19

ThyneAlone
TJ Team Validator

Post by ThyneAlone »

Yep, time for me to trail the Net again to find somewhere to watch them the following day....they won't be showing in the UK for a while yet. :(
word count: 30
"We make our lives out of chaos and hope. And love." - Angela Montenegro

sundy317
Fan

Post by sundy317 »

Well,it was about time for new episodes!And 2 in a row,that's great!
Steph,I'm exactly where you are...Only I still have a PSTN line at home (!),so it's impossible for me to watch anything online.Thank God one of my best friends is also a Bones fan (TJ's too) and she'll download them as soon as possible.
Now if I waited to see season 4 on TV,I could possibly wait forever...The network that shows Bones is currently showing Grey's Anatomy and I think it has scheduled Lost and Prison Break or something after that.
word count: 106
-Θα στο πω όσο πιο γρήγορα γίνεται,γιατί μπορεί να πάθω έμφραγμα και να μην προλάβω να στο πω και να μην το μάθεις ποτέ...

TJ4ever
King of the Lab

Post by TJ4ever »

New Doctor Who-special 'Planet Of The Dead' at Easter! Just fyi! :)
Simone.
word count: 13

TJ4ever
King of the Lab

Post by TJ4ever »

The London pictures (David :royalty-crown: :romance-admire: ) are now on my myspace site! :happy-wavemulticolor:
Sharon, the one with Bruce, too! :wink:
Simone.
word count: 17

ThyneAlone
TJ Team Validator

Post by ThyneAlone »

Ummmm...for the less informed but quite interested among us...url or link please??
word count: 14
"We make our lives out of chaos and hope. And love." - Angela Montenegro

TJ4ever
King of the Lab

Post by TJ4ever »

Sharon, if you have the time, please tell us a bit about the wedding.
I know, I'm curious. :)

Hope you catch up with your homework!

I'll go to bed, now! Good night!

*hugs*

Simone.
word count: 36