Bones 4.15 The Princess and the Pear

Discussion of TJ's most popular venture to date!
Jude40
Conspiracy Theorist

Bones 4.15 The Princess and the Pear

Post by Jude40 »

**********SPOILERS AHEAD************

Hi all

I didn't think this was supposed to air in the US until tonight but its on line so hey. All I can say is I absolutely loved it every single minute of it from Booths medication induced ramblings reminiscent of 'The Man in the Fallout Shelter" to Sweet's boyish excitement at the auction.

Sweet's was way better in this than in any episode I've seen him in and the whole calling Brennan 'Bones' thing was really funny and cute.

Fisher, who hasn't been my favourite intern so far was brilliant and his interaction with Hodgins was cool. In fact this was the most ensemble episode I've seen for a while and all the better for it.

Very importantly loads more TJ than there has been for a while especially loved the bit with the sword. Also loved the interaction with Angela.

Everyone got more of the jigsaw in this one and I think it benefited from less air time for B&B especially in Mr Bs case.

Hope everyone else feels the same, as you all know I tend to be a bit biased but I can't wait for the comments on this one.

Catch you later

Jude x
word count: 210

ThyneAlone
TJ Team Validator

Re: Bones 4.15 The Princess and the Pear

Post by ThyneAlone »

Yes, I am mystified and delighted to report that I watched this online at about 9.45 tonight. Did it air early Stateside or something?

More TJ and more j/a interaction. Got to be good, assuredly more subtle.. And a Booth-lite ep certainly gives the kiddies a chance to play, resulting in a better balanced team effort and even logical roles for Fisher and Sweets. And geekdom with its various trappings is a fun backdrop. Especially Arthurian geekdom. That pear scared the heck out of me, though. People use(d) those things?

Booth's much more fun on painkillers, I think.

More on this when I have watched it again and got my thoughts together. But thanks for the heads-up, Jude!
word count: 124
"We make our lives out of chaos and hope. And love." - Angela Montenegro

skftex
TJ Team Validator

Post by skftex »

Someone had an early copy because the times you mentioned it definitely had NOT aired in the US. In fact I have another hour before it airs here (airs at 7pm US time where I live which is 1 am UK time) but its great you got to see it so soon, I know what it is like to wait to see a show you like because you have to wait for it to be uploaded. I didn't read the actual discussion of the show, because I'd like to see it first though.
word count: 95
Blessed are they who see beautiful things in humble places where other people see nothing.-Camille Pissarro

begolden
Conspiracy Theorist

Post by begolden »

Booth-lite? I'm soooo looking forward to seeing this episode!
word count: 11
Fan of the Orgasmic Grilled Cheese Sandwich

ThyneAlone
TJ Team Validator

Post by ThyneAlone »

Enigma solved. Thanks to bones_addict79 on the LJ Bones spoilers site for this comment:
Just a note to all Canadians and people who are able to watch GlobalTV. Bones now airs its new episodes on Wednesdays at 8 because it plays Survivor on Thursdays, so we get it a day early.
So some kind Canadian is putting this up to be watched. Thanks to you!
word count: 66
"We make our lives out of chaos and hope. And love." - Angela Montenegro

begolden
Conspiracy Theorist

Post by begolden »

I actually liked this episode, which is more than I can say about the rest of the season thus far. And do you know why I liked it? I'm sure you can guess. I liked it because it was all about the Squints. It was so much fun to see them on their various "fieldtrip" time away from the lab, and to see the geek factor at work among the guys. Even Sweets didn't bother me that much--and that's saying a lot!

Imagicon (sp?) was a direct take-off of Comicon here in San Diego. Their representation of what goes on at the con was pretty spot-on, except they had a higher percentage of people in costume than you would actually see. Still, they had me laughing out loud during some of the scenes, because there certainly are people that geeky and serious about their fandom.

Interesting scene with Jack and Angela. I guess I'll need to talk about in the spoiler thread since it ties in to something in an episode to come.

TJ had some wonderful stuff to do in this episode. We saw him as a geek with the sword (loved the sound effects! And Sweets quoted line from "Star Wars" cracked me up), and we saw him wading around in a pond wearing his wading-around-in-water gear with Angela in tow.

This is definitely one that I'll be rewatching soon! :clap:
word count: 243
Fan of the Orgasmic Grilled Cheese Sandwich