The Bones DVD Sets

Discussion of TJ's most popular venture to date!
English Al
Fan

I got a bargain Bones DVD today

Post by English Al »

I've just picked up series one of Bones on DVD from eBay for £11.50 (including p&p). As soon as I get I'll be doing a marathon and posting on virtually every episode thread on here. Cant wait to see them again.
word count: 45

ThyneAlone
TJ Team Validator

Re: I got a bargain Bones DVD today

Post by ThyneAlone »

Ooh, I'll look forward to that. S1 is so classy and stylish, even the look of it is individual and well structured. Can't resist writing about it myself, when I have time!
word count: 34
"We make our lives out of chaos and hope. And love." - Angela Montenegro

English Al
Fan

Re: Season 2 DVD Set

Post by English Al »

Having won the first series for £11.50 I've just got Series 2 for roughly £13.00. It's better than £35 that's for sure.

At least I can continue the marathon until the next series starts.
word count: 39

Ellen
Super Fan

Season 3 on DVD?

Post by Ellen »

Hey all.
Does anyone happen to know if season 3 is available on Dvd yet? I missed it when it was on tv, and i'd love to see it. :D
sadly i already know how it ends, because i was talking to a friend of mine, and he said, "Oh my god, i can't believe it was.....(You know who)"-I don't want to ruin it for those of u guys who haven't seen it yet either. :D
Anyway, i'd be really grateful if u could help.
Thanks. :D
x
word count: 92
"What if it doesn't end like that? What if it doesn't go wrong?"-Dr Jack Hodgins

ThyneAlone
TJ Team Validator

Re: Season 3 on DVD?

Post by ThyneAlone »

Nope. Not yet. You haven't missed anything! I have a feeling it's going to be out November-ish? In time for all those Christmas presents. You can probably pre-order on Amazon by now.
word count: 36

Sinkwriter72
King of the Lab

Post by Sinkwriter72 »

Amazon's been surprisingly slow about Bones this year. (Or, the distribution company for the Bones DVD set has been slow about completing it for marketing on Amazon. However that all works, I have no real concept.) I've checked Amazon several times, and each time it only offered to email me when the new DVD set is available for ordering. :?

I keep hoping to see the chosen cover art and what will be part of the extras. Now I'm just wondering when it will be available. You wouldn't think it would take as much time to put together, given that there weren't as many episodes as a normal season, but... again, I don't know how it all works. I continue to wait as patiently as possible... :D
word count: 131
I want to thank anyone who spends part of their day creating [& sharing their experience]. I don't care if it's a book, a film, a painting, a dance, a piece of theater, a piece of music… I think this world would be unlivable without art. ~ S. Soderbergh

Ellen
Super Fan

Post by Ellen »

Ah, good to know i'm not totally and completely behind then. lol. :D
I'll keep an eye out.
:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D
word count: 27
"What if it doesn't end like that? What if it doesn't go wrong?"-Dr Jack Hodgins

Ellen
Super Fan

Re: Season 2 DVD Set

Post by Ellen »

English Al wrote:Having won the first series for £11.50 I've just got Series 2 for roughly £13.00. It's better than £35 that's for sure.

At least I can continue the marathon until the next series starts.
Cool. Well i got season 1 from ebay for about £15, and a friend lent me season 2. Hopefully i will get season 3 for bargain price too, i'm saving for a holiday in 2010, and i keep forgetting not to buy things like this, but Bones has to be the exception. :D
word count: 95

Ellen
Super Fan

Re: I got a bargain Bones DVD today

Post by Ellen »

Although, come to think of it, christmas isn't TOO far away is it. :mrgreen:
word count: 14

begolden
Conspiracy Theorist

Season 3 DVDs

Post by begolden »

I received mine today!

Of course, I straight away watched all of the special features, which I thought were rather disappointing. There was one bit that featured TJ talking about the lab, that was about it for our boy. I even thought the bloopers were kind of boring.

The best part of the DVD set is the original version of "Player Under Pressure." There are soooo many great scenes with TJ that we missed before! If for no other reason, buy the DVDs just for this episode. It was bittersweet watching Hodgins go through the whole first proposal--thinking about doing it, asking advice from Cam, finally going through with it, and then talking to Angela about it afterward. It's wonderful to see it finally, but it sure makes me miss those days!

I would love to hear what everyone else thinks--anyone else have the DVDs yet?
word count: 149
Fan of the Orgasmic Grilled Cheese Sandwich

begolden
Conspiracy Theorist

Re: Season 3 DVDs

Post by begolden »

Sorry, I just noticed that somebody had already started this thread, but I didn't look far enough down the list before I posted... my bad... :shifty:

Note from Steph - it's ok Rebecca, I've merged the threads, if you hadn't noticed!
word count: 43
Fan of the Orgasmic Grilled Cheese Sandwich

Miss Rhi
Fan

Post by Miss Rhi »

*cries*

that's it.

I am getting it, I am getting my wisdom teeth out in two weeks (exactly two weeks and I am completely shitting myself) and I need company.

:(
word count: 31

*Vanesa*
Fan

Post by *Vanesa* »

I got it for my birthday xxx

*Vanesa* xox
word count: 9

ThyneAlone
TJ Team Validator

Post by ThyneAlone »

Yes, mine finally turned up for Christmas!
Hiya Vanesa. Lovely to meet you!
word count: 13

Hodgins
Fan

Post by Hodgins »

Believe it or not I don't currently own ANY of the boxsets. I am getting a nice big wedge of money though nearer the end of the year so am hoping to get hold of all three for a reasonable(ish) price. I hate having to watch it online and I really want to see all the extras and stuff.
word count: 61

Consuelo
Fan
Mood:

Post by Consuelo »

I got it for chrsitmas xx thanks to my sister that know imm a huge Bones fan lol :D

Consuelo xx
word count: 20
Jack hodgins Is the king of the lab:

skftex
TJ Team Validator

Post by skftex »

I don't own any of the box sets either. :shock: :shock: Not a one! I keep asking for them for Christmas but no one listens to me!! HA HA HA HA It is ok though, I watch them the re-runs on TNT all the time because I have it set to record any Bones episode on any channel. It would be nice to just sit and watch them in order like I do with my The West Wing series but I survive. :wink:

Sharon
word count: 83
Blessed are they who see beautiful things in humble places where other people see nothing.-Camille Pissarro