The 2009 BIRTHDAY PARTY thread!

Archived threads that are no longer active-this section is read only
skftex
TJ Team Validator

Re: The 2009 BIRTHDAY PARTY thread!

Post by skftex »

Oh and I wasn't saying you are my mother's age, you are a lot younger than she is! Just read that and thought it might sound wrong!!! :shock:
word count: 29
Blessed are they who see beautiful things in humble places where other people see nothing.-Camille Pissarro

sundy317
Fan

Post by sundy317 »

Yeah,I get that,but still there'll probably be more than now...

If I had to pick one I'd say blue suede shoes (for my sister,it's her favorite...)

Karaoke...Hmmm...I'd like that (you can't actually hear me,so that makes it better!)
word count: 49
-Θα στο πω όσο πιο γρήγορα γίνεται,γιατί μπορεί να πάθω έμφραγμα και να μην προλάβω να στο πω και να μην το μάθεις ποτέ...

ThyneAlone
TJ Team Validator

Post by ThyneAlone »

Thanks Sharon! I do know what you mean though! Oh yes, one of my greatest childhood pleasures was playing my mum's 78s (the scent and the feel of them as much as the sound, actually) and you like all her favourites. So I'll willingly croon along.
word count: 48
"We make our lives out of chaos and hope. And love." - Angela Montenegro

skftex
TJ Team Validator

Post by skftex »

Google bot is online. Maybe it heard about our party and wants to wish TJ a happy birthday! :occasion-birthday: :occasion-birthday: :occasion-balloons: :occasion-balloons: :occasion-cake: :occasion-cake: :obscene-drinkingbuddies: :obscene-drinkingbuddies: :obscene-drinkingbuddies: <---my friend Cheesy is here! (Not really we just always joke with her that that smilie that falls down is her! LOL)
word count: 40
Blessed are they who see beautiful things in humble places where other people see nothing.-Camille Pissarro

skftex
TJ Team Validator

Post by skftex »

Blue suede shoes is a good dance song... :dance: :banana-dance: :banana-dreads: :banana-blonde: :banana-fingers: :banana-stoner:
word count: 10

ThyneAlone
TJ Team Validator

Post by ThyneAlone »

Sundy, it gets chaotic once you have 7 or 8 people on all trying to post at once! Even with 4 I have had to wait for another post to 'go through' before I put mine up (I'm delaying even now to wait for Sharon's posts to go up!). Which is huge fun. I love it.

When things started today it was just me & Jude, but I gather she will be coming back later on too. Excellent. Hi to Bot too - swelling our numbers today. Actually, I guess he's the 'bouncer'!
word count: 94

skftex
TJ Team Validator

Post by skftex »

:D Google bot bouncer.

Hey Hansio is back! Welcome again Hansio!
word count: 10

Lonia
Super Fan

Post by Lonia »

Elvis - that's great! Love his music too. My brother (who is 15 years older than me) was a really big fan. So I heard a lot of Elvis songs - and saw most of his films - when I was a child.

Oh, Karaoke, that's got too. Not for me to sing, I really can't sing. But I love to listen. So Steph I am listening to your Jo Stafford performance. By the way, as I didn't know her, I am listening to some amazon samples right now. I at least want to know about whom we're talking.
word count: 101

skftex
TJ Team Validator

Post by skftex »

Jo Stafford is a bit old school Lonia but has a really nice voice, and if you like that sort of music, which I do, she is great. I grew up with a lot of different kinds of music in my house so I'm all over the place in my tastes.

Oh but maybe we should play some of Tj's favorite music!
word count: 64

skftex
TJ Team Validator

Post by skftex »

And I have to go for a short while. Need to go to the store. Be back in a bit!!
word count: 20

sundy317
Fan

Post by sundy317 »

When you get back Sharon,I'd love to know about TJ's favorite music...
word count: 15
-Θα στο πω όσο πιο γρήγορα γίνεται,γιατί μπορεί να πάθω έμφραγμα και να μην προλάβω να στο πω και να μην το μάθεις ποτέ...

ThyneAlone
TJ Team Validator

Post by ThyneAlone »

I had to head off briefly there because our lovely next door neighbour came in with an absolutely gorgeous evening wrap/shawl and a sequined make-up bag for me! Everyone in the world is so amazing this weekend!

yes indeed, I wonder what TJ would like. His musical tastes also vary a lot I know.
word count: 56

Lonia
Super Fan

Post by Lonia »

Sharon, Jo Stafford probably is not somebody I would listen to very often or very long. But I think in a special mood or to a special occasion or event I'd like to listen to her for a while.

Yeah, it would be nice if we could play some of TJs favourite music. As it's a party for him there also should be some music he likes
word count: 69

Jude40
Conspiracy Theorist

Post by Jude40 »

Hi ladies

I'm back kinda I'm doing a few things at once, how's the party going
word count: 19

Lonia
Super Fan

Post by Lonia »

I will leave now for a few hours. Here the 7th will be probably nearly over when I'm back, but fortunately it still will be in the middle of the day in other parts of the world. So I'll be back later.
word count: 44

ThyneAlone
TJ Team Validator

Post by ThyneAlone »

4 or 5 of us in here now, Jude, getting interesting! You missed Simone, but a couple of newbies have been in, Lonia and Hansio, Sundy is here and Sharon will be back shortly. All sorts of music going on, I've done a karaoke number already and the food remains delicious. In fact I am going to pick up a few of those Mexican snacks from the kitchen. Have some champagne to be going on with, hey?
word count: 78

Jude40
Conspiracy Theorist

Post by Jude40 »

Champagne always good especially when its pink. I think I've have some more veggie pizza too, to go with my real veggie pizza. Karaoke already might do 9 to 5 then when I've had a few more drinks
word count: 40

sofilps
Super Fan

Post by sofilps »

wooooow a party?!! this is great!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TJ!!!!

though I already left him a message over his facebook wall. :P
I have to go out right now but when I return back home I'll try to come over here a little bit more. maybe I arrive in time for the karaoke.
word count: 52
~ s o f i

ThyneAlone
TJ Team Validator

Post by ThyneAlone »

Well we've not had huge amounts yet. Plenty for Sofi, who I see has now turned up looking fabulously Latin. Hi Sofi! Long time no see, great to have you here. Food? Drink? Here's your lucky dip present, let us know what it is!

Talking about clothes, this seems a good time to go off and slip into my sexy car park attendant fancy dress. Did you lot bring any costumes? There are a few spare in the chill room if you want to join in!
word count: 88

ThyneAlone
TJ Team Validator

Post by ThyneAlone »

Oh, not staying sofi? Well, take the present anyway, may see you later. *cyberhug* Now don't forget to come back!
word count: 21