Bones 4.16 The Bones That Foam

Discussion of TJ's most popular venture to date!
Jude40
Conspiracy Theorist

Bones 4.16 The Bones That Foam

Post by Jude40 »

***************SPOILERS AHEAD****************

Hi All

Just watched this on line and thought I'd make a quick comment before I go out to the pub.

Initial comment is I'm not sure on this one, I thought the plot was really thin but I did giggle at Cam's rising anger and the frequent alarms. I also warmed to Vincent Nigel-Murray and I really liked his interaction with Hodgins, it kinda reminded me a bit of when Zach was still about.

I liked the vulnerability of Brennan and her awkwardness it made me laugh but also sympathise as well. The lapdancing scene was a bit OTT but really funny all the same.

The car thing was typically male orientated although it was a cool car. The end with B&B was ok but I hated the scene with the car salesman and Booth I thought it was really cartoonish.

You can really tell the way we're heading with B&B this season, the relationship is getting closer and closer, just need Jack and Angela to get their act togther.

Overall I liked a lot of this episode, really liked Hodgins and Vincent Nigel-Murray and thought Emily Deschanel was excellent. I thought Mr B might have put more into Booth's role especially as he directed but then again maybe that's why he didn't really stand out acting wise.

Anyway, off to the pub in a bit

Catch you later

Jude x
word count: 245

ThyneAlone
TJ Team Validator

Re: 4.16 The Bones That Foam

Post by ThyneAlone »

Yes, I've seen this tonight too (before the US again I think!) and I share some of your thoughts, especially about Vincent and Jack -that relationship is looking easier. Though Vincent really does irritate me with his mouthing of irrelevant tangents. I don't care if it's only used as a self-regulating button, it still has the effect on me of nails on a board.

My eyes are literally closing here, I've been 2 hours typing reports onto a hot screen, must go to bed and recalibrate my thoughts tomorrow. <<yawnnnnn>>
word count: 95
"We make our lives out of chaos and hope. And love." - Angela Montenegro

JTan
Fan

Post by JTan »

I agree. Vincent bothers me too! Although I do learn a lot of random information from him. The king of the lab line from Hodgins made me miss Zach :(

The strip club scene was so funny. "Have we gotten our $60 worth yet?" Golden! lol

I found it a little disappointing that they didn't end up cracking the shell open and solving the murder from the actual body though. It would have been interesting to see how they would go about doing it (Pinata time! Woot! lol) The whole tech program seemed like they were taking an easy way out.
word count: 101

skftex
TJ Team Validator

Post by skftex »

Ah...well...I liked Hodgins in this one...and Cam...and Vincent was okay.

I guess I'm the only one that didn't think the lap dancing thing was funny but I did expect something like that to be part of this show so wasn't surprised. Maybe I missed something though because I am still trying to find the funny there (oooo Sherry...just realized I just sort of quoted something from The West Wing there!! HA HA HA)

LOVED when the body became a "candy shell" as Cam put it, and Brennan told Vincent and Hodgins to figure out a way to get it out of there...that was my favorite scene I think. I liked the dialogue and the facial expressions when they were leaning over the body.

Definitely a thin storyline in this one.
word count: 139
Blessed are they who see beautiful things in humble places where other people see nothing.-Camille Pissarro

Jude40
Conspiracy Theorist

Post by Jude40 »

Hi all

Just a quick one to say it was Emily I thought was funny in the lapdancing scene, at the same time I think the way Brennan acts is kinda sad sometimes too 'cos she's so desperate to be able to relate more to people.

Emily and TJ are the only two of the cast that I think this show would really suffer without 'cos I think they give the most depth to their characters.

One thing which struck me about Brennan though, for some bizarre reason. If she's so clueless in conversation sometimes 'I don't know what that means' how does she manage to be a best selling popular crime novelist? I'm thinking she wouldn't sell many books if she writes likes she speaks or she was that clueless, just a thought.

Jude x
word count: 141

skftex
TJ Team Validator

Post by skftex »

Jude you are definitely right about Brennan being an author, she'd probably get the science dead on but people don't read fiction for the accuracy of the science usually-it is the characters interactions that matter!

I was serious about maybe missing something during the lap dance scene though, sometimes I kind of half pay attention to some of the Booth/Brennan scenes when they start doing something I think is just a setup for a funny scene...so then I don't think it is funny because I wasn't paying attention! :?
word count: 95
Blessed are they who see beautiful things in humble places where other people see nothing.-Camille Pissarro

Geishawannab
Fan

Post by Geishawannab »

I enjoyed this show but was a little put-off by it at the same time.

There were a few things that bothered me, such as Angela. She says, with quite a bit of vain smarkiness, something like why doesn't anyone come to me for a miraculous solution? Maybe it's because at the beginning of the show she reacted to the decompsing body with "ooh, that's gross" like some 15 year-old junior high teenager.

Since when did she ever get to be so flippant about this kind of work? I don't understand what the writers are doing to her character. she used to be smart, introspective, sexy and whimsical. Now she's just irritating. This better change fast.

I wasn't convinced either about how she discovered the evidence to help find the murder weapon. I too would have loved to see the lab rats crack open that juicy sucker! tap tap tap...

The stripping scene wasn't as funny as I'd hoped it would be. The only thing I laughed at was when Booth couldn't get up for obvious reasons! well, obvious to everyone except Bones....

That's another thing that bothered me about this episode. Why are they suddenyl focusing on Bones' inability to read people and form bonds? This is not a new development. Move on with it already. when Angela remarked that Booth was good at playing stupid, it was news to Bones, but not the rest of us. It's almost as if there's this delayed reaction and it's getting old.

On the bright side, I really enjoyed the interraction between Vince, Cam and Hodgins. Vince is definitely growing on me, even his odd factual statements. It feels like he's becoming a part of the team; Cam finally understood why he shoots off weird and irrelevant facts, and did I.

And the King of the lab comment didn't make me feel sad at all, because Jack's face was full of satisfaction and glee, like it used to be. No one can replace Zach, don't get me wrong, but it's nice to see someone new fitting in. We'll see if Vince sticks or not...

Another positive was Sweets. The faces he pulled were too hilarious!

word count: 384

Sinkwriter72
King of the Lab

Post by Sinkwriter72 »

I'll be back to comment about this episode soon -- I've just spent way too much time on the computer today, answering emails, posting comments elsewhere, and continuing my never-ending job search.

Just wanted to say before I go... to Sharon... "Somewhere, in this building, is our talent." (Heee.) And you know what they used to say on West Wing, my man Toby always knew how to find the funny. (Which is ironic, given how cantankerous his character's personality was. Heh.)
word count: 84

skftex
TJ Team Validator

Post by skftex »

Ah Sherry I knew you wouldn't disappoint me. Yes, Toby could always find the funny, even when he wasn't trying to be funny!

Angela's bit about why no one asks her was odd to me as well. But mostly I was thinking well she came in and said it was gross and said she'd be back when it was less gross but when were those foaming bones ever going to be less gross?? So why would they search her out to get the hard candy shell off?
word count: 91

begolden
Conspiracy Theorist

Post by begolden »

I was rather disappointed that Angela showed up in the beginning to comment on how gross the bones were, and then only again toward the end to offer a solution to the hard shell. However, it was nice to see TJ again with a lot to in an episode. I loved the King-of-the-lab scene. Poor Hodgins is trying to recapture the camaraderie and competition he had with Zach. I thought it was a cute scene. I also still miss Zach...

Kudos, TJ--you did a fabulous job in this episode!
:clap:
word count: 93
Fan of the Orgasmic Grilled Cheese Sandwich

Lonia
Super Fan

Post by Lonia »

I haven't seen much of Vincent before, but I liked the scenes between him and Jack and Cam. But then I nearly don't understand "the science talk" in German, I absolutely have no clue what they are saying when I watch it in English. So I noticed that he - or even Jack when Cam asked him - talked about other facts and that at one point he explained to Cam why he's doing this. But all in all my brain was too slow to really understand a lot of the things he said.

I loved their facial expressions when the body turned into the "nut shell" and Hodgins comment: "the good news is... the bad news is". I also like a scene before when the body starts to burn and Vincent and Hodgins have to explain why - "there was a pop and a woosh".

I also don't think that the lapdancing scene was too funny. It wasn't too bad either. And like JTan wrote before, the "Have we gotten our $60 worth yet?" comment from Bones was great - at least in my opinion.
word count: 187

English Al
Fan

Re: Bones 4.16 The Bones That Foam

Post by English Al »

Very much loved this episode. Mr Nigel Murray is by far my favourite intern. The chemistry between him and Hodgins works now they've gotten to know each other and I think Hodgins is realising this too.

Nigel shows intellegence and an eagerness to learn, while being confident for the most part.

I too found the strip club scene hilarious to watch.
word count: 62