Offtopic Sofa Time

New arrivals, including the hello threads and the sofa.
TJ4ever
King of the Lab

Re: Offtopic Sofa Time

Post by TJ4ever »

Sharon, great new sig! I like it! :handgestures-thumbupright: :)

Bad day, today - as I have already told you in the chat box.
To make a long story short:

Answered a colleague's phone (I'll never do that again in the near future! :wink: ) because she was not at her desk. A customer who talked a lot didn't got to the point but I knew I couldn't help him so I asked him politely what's his point to connect him with the right person. Then he yelled at me and wanted to talk to my boss. He wasn't there so he wanted to talk to our CEO. I gave him his assistant and he told her a completely different story. That I was unpolite, etc.! So I told her and my boss the real story. And my boss was really cool about it. But his boss need to write the customer to answer his question and I have to talk to him about what happend tomorrow. So I hope he's cool about it, too.

So, this was the short version. It really ruined my day, because I'm not used to deal with such sort of people - and I hate it to justify myself when I think, from my point of view, I haven't done anything wrong!

Some days really suck! :( :x

It's great that I have a place to go to and talk to you all about such things! :romance-smileyheart: Really helped! Well, this and the ice cream, and David's new Video Diary and watching TJ in Bones! :wink:

Simone.
word count: 263
Angela: Well, what about love? What do you have to say about love?
Hodgins: It´s overrated-most of the time :-)

Dexter: They make it look so easy-connecting with another human being. It's like no one told them it's the hardest thing in the world.

Geishawannab
Fan

Post by Geishawannab »

Oh boy Simone can I ever relate to your problem! I work at the switchboard for a large R&D company and things can get quite nasty with some callers. Sometimes they don't even speak english or french!

Hang in there, at least your boss is cool with the situation. Hopefully his boss has half a brain as well and things will blow over.

mc
word count: 66

TJ4ever
King of the Lab

Post by TJ4ever »

I hope so, too, mc! Thanks! Let you know tomorrow!

Got to go to bed! It's late!

Good night!

Simone.
word count: 21

Dexter: They make it look so easy-connecting with another human being. It's like no one told them it's the hardest thing in the world.

TJ4ever
King of the Lab

Post by TJ4ever »

Everything's ok again. I told what happend and he believed me. Don't know what he wrote in the letter for this guy, but it's ok! Feeling much better today! Very relieved!
Thanks guys! :romance-smileyheart:
Good night!
Simone.
word count: 39

ThyneAlone
TJ Team Validator

Post by ThyneAlone »

Simone, so glad your horrible day turned out well in the end. It's good to know one has the trust and appreciation of the people one works with & for. The other day my immediate boss said to me "You do all this stuff, extra and in your own time, and never get any thanks for it. Well, I thank, appreciate and value you and I want you to know it." Validation! Went home feeling on top of the world, even though I was very tired!

PS And by the way, Simone - in case you didn't know it, you are loved and appreciated here!
word count: 105
"We make our lives out of chaos and hope. And love." - Angela Montenegro

ThyneAlone
TJ Team Validator

Post by ThyneAlone »

Son no.1 is home from uni.

:clap: :dance: :D :D
word count: 7

Sinkwriter72
King of the Lab

Post by Sinkwriter72 »

Is it Mother's Day weekend for you, Steph? *salutes you* I hope you have a wonderful time with your son home from uni. :D
word count: 24

ThyneAlone
TJ Team Validator

Post by ThyneAlone »

Yes, excellent bit of synchronicity that - we are all going out for lunch together tomorrow at one of our favourite Italian places. Thanks for the good wishes..hope you are having a good day!
word count: 34

TJ4ever
King of the Lab

Post by TJ4ever »

Have a great day, Steph! ...and THANK YOU! :)
Simone.
word count: 9

Sandy
Fan

Post by Sandy »

aww Steph i hope you had a very nice day!! :D
word count: 10

Jude40
Conspiracy Theorist

Post by Jude40 »

Hi All

Just a quick note to say this has been a very, very good weekend. For those of you who don't follow English football (soccer) this won't make much sense but humour me, Fulham 2 Man Utd 0, Spurs 1 Chelsea 0, LIVERPOOL 5 VILLA 0, Jude one very, very happy Red.

I also wanted to say, hope all to whom it applies had a good Mother's Day.

Think maybe I should get some sleep now, work tomorrow, oh joy!!!!

Jude x
word count: 86

skftex
TJ Team Validator

Post by skftex »

Yep Jude that means nothing to me other than I see that Man Utd lost and Liverpool won and apparently that makes you happy so I'll just be happy for you! :happy-wavemulticolor:

Sadly I have to go back to school tomorrow. And I still haven't finished my ethics paper and I'm failing Physics AGAIN but hoping there something I can do to bring my grade up in that in the next two months. I really really don't want to take it again. :oops:

But other than that I am good!! :mrgreen:

Simone I'm glad everything worked out you with your boss and his boss! Sounds like pretty understanding people you work for! :clap:

Steph I hope you had a good lunch out! How long is your son no. 1 going to be home??

Hi to everyone else too!

word count: 139
Blessed are they who see beautiful things in humble places where other people see nothing.-Camille Pissarro

English Al
Fan

Post by English Al »

Just typed out a long message, but the net crashed as I hit submit :doh:

I'll try again though...

Sorry I've not been on the forum lately. I'm hoping to do a mass posting on Bones eps though as I've just done a marathon of S4 eps.

Time has been short with the three kiddies growing up so fast, however here is a "Temperance" update for you all :dance:

She is now 8 months old and crawling everywhere. She is even trying to stand up now. She has started saying things like "Hiya Dadda" and "Mumma" and even her sisters name "Lille".

Finally, my footy team is doing quite well too (seeing as others are talking about Man Utd, Liverpool, etc). Gateshead are top of the Conference North with six matches to go :dance: :dance:

Others have games in hand but you never know, we might get a second promotion in a row :pray:
word count: 153

TJ4ever
King of the Lab

Post by TJ4ever »

Thanks, Sharon! Yeah, another crisis solved! :wink: It made me realize again that I let such things get to me too much! I should let them at work, but I can't do that. I think about such incidents days later! That's not good! You're right, my bosses are really cool! Hey, I print that out and send it to them. Maybe I'll get a raise! :wink: :lol:

I just watched the first episode of the new season 3 of PRIMEVAL. Sharon, did you watch it once on BBC America? It's so cool! Oh, I missed that series! Douglas Henshall is so great. Hey, another Scottish actor I like! Hm, I should visit Scotland.... :wink:

Hey Alan, great to hear from you! Thanks for the update concerning your daughter. She must be really cute!

Steph, how was your sunday? Did you have fun?

LOST is on now. Wanna watch a bit and then go to bed!

So, good night!

Simone.
word count: 160

Sinkwriter72
King of the Lab

Post by Sinkwriter72 »

Great to hear from you, Al! Little Temperance sounds adorable. I'm glad you're having so much fun with her.

And we'll look forward to your comments re: all those Bones episodes! :D
word count: 34

skftex
TJ Team Validator

Post by skftex »

Speaking of comments on Bones episodes, still waiting for yours on The Salt in the Woulds Sherry!! Hint hint...;) Of course I also have to go back to it but still... :lol:
word count: 31
Blessed are they who see beautiful things in humble places where other people see nothing.-Camille Pissarro

Sinkwriter72
King of the Lab

Post by Sinkwriter72 »

skftex wrote:Speaking of comments on Bones episodes, still waiting for yours on The Salt in the Woulds Sherry!! Hint hint...;) Of course I also have to go back to it but still... :lol:
:oops: :mrgreen:

Hee heee heee. I walked right into that one, didn't I, Sharon? ;) Oops.

You got me, I haven't written anything about that ep. I've already watched it, but I wanted to watch it again before typing up anything. I keep meaning to make the time, but I confess I've been consumed with watching another show lately, as recommended by a couple of my best friends -- they had me watch the first six episodes and now I'm hooked and have been pretty much mainlining the rest of the series, all four seasons of it over the past couple of months.

Anyway, I just finished working out (whoo! 3 miles on the treadmill -- probably a walk in the park for TJ, but it's a good start for me, and I've noticed that it's taking me less time to do those 3 miles than it used to, which seems to be a good sign of progress), so perhaps now that I'm finished with that for today, I will be able to make some time for rewatching that Bones episode and maybe writing something about it this afternoon. There's never enough time in the day, is there, Sharon?

Okay, here's a preview of my thoughts:

I liked the way they wrote Sweets in this one. :shock: I know! Can you believe it?!? That's phenomenal, right there.

More thoughts as I'm able, over in the Bones thread! :D
word count: 277

skftex
TJ Team Validator

Post by skftex »

Sinkwriter72 wrote: :oops: :mrgreen:

Hee heee heee. I walked right into that one, didn't I, Sharon? ;) Oops.
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Sinkwriter72 wrote:
You got me, I haven't written anything about that ep. I've already watched it, but I wanted to watch it again before typing up anything. I keep meaning to make the time, but I confess I've been consumed with watching another show lately, as recommended by a couple of my best friends -- they had me watch the first six episodes and now I'm hooked and have been pretty much mainlining the rest of the series, all four seasons of it over the past couple of months.
Oh, which show??
Sinkwriter72 wrote:
Anyway, I just finished working out (whoo! 3 miles on the treadmill -- probably a walk in the park for TJ, but it's a good start for me, and I've noticed that it's taking me less time to do those 3 miles than it used to, which seems to be a good sign of progress), so perhaps now that I'm finished with that for today, I will be able to make some time for rewatching that Bones episode and maybe writing something about it this afternoon. There's never enough time in the day, is there, Sharon?
OMG I think I'd die if I tried to do 3 miles on the treadmill. Though I walk A LOT, I just can't do it on a treadmill never mind running! Great job to you Sherry!! No there is never enough time to do the things I WANT to do if I do the things I SHOULD do. HA HA HA Big problem for me that. :shifty:
Sinkwriter72 wrote:
Okay, here's a preview of my thoughts:

I liked the way they wrote Sweets in this one. :shock: I know! Can you believe it?!? That's phenomenal, right there.

More thoughts as I'm able, over in the Bones thread! :D
Guess what? I think the world as we know it must be about to end :roll: because I liked Sweets in this one too! :shock: :shock:
word count: 346

ThyneAlone
TJ Team Validator

Post by ThyneAlone »

Yeah, more of a rounded human being and less of a precocious little boy shoehorned in for no apparent reason...
word count: 20

Lorenith
Fan

Post by Lorenith »

I have yet to figure out how to run any amount of distance without getting tired. Even when I was an active child that could do hundreds of jumping jacks or push ups, I could never run long distance.

I don't really understand where I had the endurance to do hundreds of jumping jacks, but could never even make it around a track once, much less 2-4 times.

Also, I like Sweets, even if he does have an annoying cocky giant red lipped smile of doom...maybe I'm biased cause my mom's a psychologist...

Or maybe, I'm just not as critical of what's going on as I could be I dunno. I watch Bones to escape life, I haven't watched tv in 6+ years then I started watching Bones so I dunno?

I of course also haven't owned a working TV in all that time either...I think once I do have one I'll turn into a TV junkie when I'm not obsessively playing video games, writing comics, or harassing my guy.
word count: 182