Bones 4.14 Hero in the Hold

Discussion of TJ's most popular venture to date!
Lauren :)
Fan

Re: Bones 4.14 Hero in the Hold

Post by Lauren :) »

Im easily pleased :)

The only thing i can say about the episode is why, why WHY let Brennan see Teddy?

I know its meant to be symbolic but still...

Its a little too much :P

But TJ was amazing, too bad the writers gave him "I hate her. I want to murder her line"

I thought TJ could have been blessed with a more hard hitting line :)

But hey, i liked it.

Sadly, i didnt like it quite as much as Aliens in a space ship :D
word count: 85

English Al
Fan

Post by English Al »

Without reading all the previous (don't have that much time, sorry) posts I thought this episode was a bit of a let down, compared to the original Grave Digger episode. It was all a bit strange, and unneeded apart from giving Booth some depth and having his brother repay some debt (and then get arrested - will Brendan Fehr ever become a regular in a show again?).

There didn't seem to be any real rush or drama to it. I think that's partly down to Tempe's character and a lack of showing little care and too much faith in Booth to get himself out of the situation. I'm also not sure what the whole stealing of evidence thing was supposed to be about either, surely Hodgins would have been sacked for that, no matter the outcome?
word count: 140

sundy317
Fan

Post by sundy317 »

First of all,I must confess I went through the previous posts,but I didn't manage to read the whole thread.Anyway,seeing so detailed posts,I'll keep mine quite simple.After all,most of the things I wanted to say are said,so I feel covered.
My friend watched this ep before me and she wasn't really pleased,which made me not exactly looking forward to see it myself.Surprisingly,I found out that on the whole I liked it,though it's not by far one of my favourites.

I liked Booth and Parker scenes,but I always like it when we learn about Booth's past.What I didn't like was the supernatural element.Booth seeing Parker and talking to him is one thing,the latter helping him get out of the boat quite another.And then Bones seeing him as well.I'd prefer it if it were a simple hallucination.
And this ep coming right after Fire in the Ice didn't help much,too many hallucinations...

It also seemed to me that there were inconsistencies (don't know if I wrote it right) in the story (I won't go into details,it's been a while since I watched it and my memory doesn't help)
Overall,I was disappointed,especially because Aliens in a Spaceship is one of my favourite eps and I expected something equal.

And though it doesn't make much of a difference really,why did they replace the actor who played Vega?
word count: 258
-Θα στο πω όσο πιο γρήγορα γίνεται,γιατί μπορεί να πάθω έμφραγμα και να μην προλάβω να στο πω και να μην το μάθεις ποτέ...

Sinkwriter72
King of the Lab

Post by Sinkwriter72 »

Hi, Sundy! Thanks so much for commenting (and making it through the detailed discussion posts *GRIN*).

As for the change in the Vega character, I don't know the actual reason, but I'm guessing it may have simply been a matter of the original actor not being available at the time they were scheduled to film the 'sequel' episode. Therefore, they probably tried to get another actor who looked similar to him in coloring, ethnicity, and age. That's my guess, anyway. :D
word count: 83

sundy317
Fan

Post by sundy317 »

Well,I admit it wasn't easy reading those posts,but it was worth it!Both yours and Stef's analysis (and I stick to these 2,because they were the looong ones) were really inspired...

As for Vega,I guess you're right,I thought something of the sort...It doesn't matter really,since he was killed early in the episode anyway,it just didn't feel right.
word count: 70
-Θα στο πω όσο πιο γρήγορα γίνεται,γιατί μπορεί να πάθω έμφραγμα και να μην προλάβω να στο πω και να μην το μάθεις ποτέ...