Fan Mail

General TJ stuff
English Al
Fan

Re: Letters

Post by English Al »

Yeah they are pre-prints, but I'm not that bothered to be honest.

My wife has already earmarked David's for her bedside table :lol:
word count: 25

Tara
Fan

Post by Tara »

I sent TJ a fan letter via Facebook, but didn't expect a response. I figure he gets totally swamped at Facebook. Back when "Jake 2.0" was on the air, I sent the cast and writers fan mail (regular snail mail). I never heard back, but then a year later, got an autographed photo from Chris Gorham, asking me to watch his CBS sitcom (which was shortly thereafter cancelled).

Most of the time, I write fanmail to writers rather than actors (I'm a writing geek. Also, writers are underappreciated, and when I like something, I think it's important to let them know because they rarely get direct fan feedback). Usually via email or Facebook now, but for years, via snail mail. But I go to book signings, to meet authors and comics folk. The autographs are usually an excuse to meet face to face and shake their hands and tell them how much I enjoy their work. I've now almost all my Neil Gaiman books signed, after years and years of signings, but that's a very long story.

Lately, I've been geeking out online over "The Middleman." it's been my fave new series this summer, and everyone I've chatted with from the show has been super nice, and love it just as much as the fans. "Doctor Who" is also a really laid back, friendly fandom, and part of the fun of Gallifrey One is hanging out drinking and talking in the hotel lobby until dawn with the writers, and sitting on panels together. Most of the current writers were fans first, so there's a shared sense of camraderie.
word count: 278
In a world full of Uma Thurmans, everyone has an inner Janine Garafolo who needs to be taken out dancing every once in a while.

Daisy_A
Fan

Post by Daisy_A »

I find getting Doctor Who autographs pretty simple, I have two of John Barrowman, five Billie Piper (lon story), and one David Tennant
word count: 23

English Al
Fan

Post by English Al »

I've got a few autographs from the classic series of Doctor Who. I also have Jimmy Vee who played the Moxx of Balhoon and was in the latest Christmas Episode as Bannakaffalatta.

Hoping to get Emily Deschanel's soon as well.
word count: 42

TJ4ever
King of the Lab

Post by TJ4ever »

Daisy_A wrote:I find getting Doctor Who autographs pretty simple,..., and one David Tennant
Hey Rose,

to which address did you send your request for an autograph of David? I really like him, too, and would like to get an autograph of him.

Thanks in advance!
Simone
word count: 48
Angela: Well, what about love? What do you have to say about love?
Hodgins: It´s overrated-most of the time :-)

Dexter: They make it look so easy-connecting with another human being. It's like no one told them it's the hardest thing in the world.

IntempestaNox
Fan

Post by IntempestaNox »

English Al wrote:I've got a few autographs from the classic series of Doctor Who.
I remember going to a Dr Who convention back in the 80's with my dad. I was knee high to a grasshopper, but knew the characters well and stood right in line with dad for autographs. I forget which person it was, but we did get one guy's autograph whose name was the same as a friend of my dad's. *rolls eyes* :lol:

The only autographs I have are from Michael J Fox (got in person), Ray Park (aka Darth Maul of Star Wars, Episode I) and Gerard Butler. I think the last time I wrote someone I didn't ask for an autograph. I wrote a letter of praise, and sent along postage, asking for the actor to send along an autograph to whomever forgets to include postage. Figured it might put a smile on someone's face. :D
word count: 157
Jennifer
Intempesta Nox >> The Dead of Night
"Uh oh. You have but-face."

Ellen
Super Fan

Fan Mail.

Post by Ellen »

I was searching for an address to send Tj a letter, and i've found about 3 different ones. Could somebody maybe recommend just one for me please? If someone sent him mail and got a reply or something. :D
Let me know.
Thanks.
x
word count: 44
"What if it doesn't end like that? What if it doesn't go wrong?"-Dr Jack Hodgins

sofilps
Super Fan

Re: Fan Mail.

Post by sofilps »

I think that sending the letter to FOX's studios is the best.

T.J. Thyne
"Bones"
20th Century Fox Studios
10201 West Pico Boulevard
Building 80, Room 3
Los Angeles, CA 90035
USA

that's the address. ;)
word count: 38
~ s o f i

Ellen
Super Fan

Post by Ellen »

Thanks so much. :D
word count: 3
"What if it doesn't end like that? What if it doesn't go wrong?"-Dr Jack Hodgins

sofilps
Super Fan

Post by sofilps »

no problem ;)
word count: 2
~ s o f i

Daisy_A
Fan

Re: Fan Mail

Post by Daisy_A »

Eeeeep! I got my TJ things back after a year a and a half!!!!!!!!!!

I was really not expecting it to be from him as it had been ages...but there were 2 envelopes (seems like the one which I thought didn;t get through did) it had a whole heap of signed photos plus more for my best friend's birthday (I'll give them to her soon) and two noted redirecting me to the chatboards.

The signed photos are gorgeous as TJ added in an extra few for me and told me to carry on writing (I sent him some of my script which in a fantasy world I pictured him in) and he'd see me in Hollywood :dance:
I feel all warm and fuzzy inside :D
word count: 128

Lorenith
Fan

Post by Lorenith »

I'd write him a letter, but I don't have a mailbox for him to reply to if he did. :(

I dunno what I'd write anyway...he seems like an interesting person to get to talk to or hang out with though.

I guess I'll add him to the list of awesome people I'd like to meet someday but probably never will!
word count: 66

ThyneAlone
TJ Team Validator

Post by ThyneAlone »

TJ has just been catching up conscientiously with all the mail that somehow got left around (see Sweeping Out The Hallway thread elsewhere) during various rapid changes of site management. He's been really thorough. Hopefully anyone who was waiting will get their stuff soon now. This man is such a star. Love him to bits!
word count: 56
"We make our lives out of chaos and hope. And love." - Angela Montenegro

ThyneAlone
TJ Team Validator

Post by ThyneAlone »

I don't believe it!
This afternoon I received a package from TJ with photos and autographs and stuff. In his note he explained that he had found the first (extremely long) introductory letter I ever wrote him, when I became a mod in November 2007! So I got a package of goodies like everyone else was getting! Woooo. So pleased. That really has lifted me after a hard day, and behold, my 20-year-old son is actually impressed. Thank you TJ!
word count: 83
"We make our lives out of chaos and hope. And love." - Angela Montenegro

English Al
Fan

Post by English Al »

That sounds really great. I hope to have my autograph from TJ soon, although my email asking for one for rather short, but hay, he is King of the Show now! (the message is really dated).
word count: 36

Link
Fan

Post by Link »

Oh great for you ! That's really kind of him to do this ^^
word count: 13

SLITH
Fan

Post by SLITH »

I sent him a letter a while back, the actual sent and receieved dates are on my site. After I got the typed letter and autograph from him I sent him a thank you letter along with a picture of me holding both of them up.

Yesterday I got an all new autograph with a card telling me to come here and a 5x7 unsigned photo. I didn't expect another one after my thank you, it took from Nov. 18, 2007 till yesterday.

SLITH
word count: 85

skftex
TJ Team Validator

Post by skftex »

Yeah, he was a bit behind in those autographs. But he's doing A LOT better now, in fact some people that sent the requests through the contact form in February 2009 already have their autographs. Honestly the contact form is the quickest way to get an autograph now, because it goes through less channels (only goes to two people through the contact mail-and one is TJ). Wasn't necessarily the case before, but I can tell you it is the quickest way now! :wink: Of course, how fast he does things does depend on his schedule so can't say it'll always be that way.

word count: 107
Blessed are they who see beautiful things in humble places where other people see nothing.-Camille Pissarro

skftex
TJ Team Validator

Post by skftex »

English Al wrote:That sounds really great. I hope to have my autograph from TJ soon, although my email asking for one for rather short, but hay, he is King of the Show now! (the message is really dated).
Al, how long ago did you send an e-mail?

Steph! I was wondering about that letter since we knew he was going through them! How sweet. :mrgreen:
word count: 66
Blessed are they who see beautiful things in humble places where other people see nothing.-Camille Pissarro

skftex
TJ Team Validator

Post by skftex »

Lorenith wrote:I'd write him a letter, but I don't have a mailbox for him to reply to if he did. :(

I dunno what I'd write anyway...he seems like an interesting person to get to talk to or hang out with though.

I guess I'll add him to the list of awesome people I'd like to meet someday but probably never will!
Sorry I'm not reading enough of the posts before responding to others so just noticed this. Lore, use the CONTACT link at the top. Write as much or as little as you'd like. He'll read it. And he'll respond as long as you put a valid e-mail address on it! No real mail box required. Though you can't get autographs that way, you can get something. :)
word count: 140