Your favourite intern (don't read if you've not seen S3)

Discussion of TJ's most popular venture to date!
ThyneAlone
TJ Team Validator

Your favourite intern (don't read if you've not seen S3)

Post by ThyneAlone »

I keep finding all sorts of opinions on this on every Bones site that I visit, so, in view of the fact that it's actually quite pertinent to Hodgins (because of his much-missed relationship with Zack), I thought I'd ask the question here.

Which of the carousel of interns in season 4 have you preferred and are there any you hate? And why?

I like Vincent Nigel-Murray, despite his completely unrealistic and confusing name. He's enthusiastic and obsessive, in which he resembles Hodgins and me, and English, so I can identify with him. I know he drives a lot of people to distraction with his coping mechanism of spouting irrelevant facts (all of these people have, necessarily, one identifying feature to help us remember them), but this is also more or less a hobby in my family, so I'm used to it. Oh, and he's cute.

Of the others, I quite like Wendell except he looks like he just stepped out of a boy band. The Muslim guy was lovely and I hope we see more of him, and the older ex-car-salesman played really sympathetically with Hodgins. Fisher is interesting but a bit too emo for me, and Daisy Wick had me climbing the walls. Scraping-the-chalkboard voice! I await more facets from her when we see her as Sweets' other half. Clark is good, I liked him in Doctor In The Den, but I can't relate to him properly because he refuses to let his personal life into the lab.

Have you got a favourite, someone you might like to be permanent? Or could no-one at all ever replace Zack for you? Do you hate them all?

word count: 290
"We make our lives out of chaos and hope. And love." - Angela Montenegro

skftex
TJ Team Validator

Re: Your favourite intern (don't read if you've not seen S3)

Post by skftex »

Well I like Vincent Nigel-Murray the best I guess. Fisher can be funny but it could be that they gave Hodgins some funny stuff to say when Fisher is around that makes me like that pairing. I don't like Clark or Daisy Wick at all. Wendell is okay I guess, he doesn't drive me nuts or anything. LOL

But honestly, no I don't want any of them to be permanent because I STILL want Zack back! I don't think any of them have quite the same chemistry with the rest of the characters as Zack had, nor do they "fit" right to me. Could be just me hanging on to that but I don't think so. And Hodgins and Zack, well nothing will be like that again with any of those other interns.
word count: 139
Blessed are they who see beautiful things in humble places where other people see nothing.-Camille Pissarro

Lorenith
Fan

Post by Lorenith »

Honestly, I don't really "like" any of the interns enough to see them a part of the permanent cast. Nor do I really like them much as just characters. They represent to me in most cases weird idiosyncrasies that don't really strike me as funny, and exist souly to annoy Hodgins and Cam.

I mean, they're all fine and dandy, but they just don't really fit. More often then not I feel like they're just a wedge thrown in.

The only intern that seems to have fit in an okish way was Wendel, but he didn't seem to really bring anything to the table either, and the way he left after the perfect pieces in the purple pond makes it seem like he's not coming back anytime soon. If he were to return as a rotating intern I'd be pretty happy with that, if they expand better on him as a character and such.

I don't think Zack is never coming back as more than an occasional guest, and those episodes he is around I will squee happily knowing about it.

I honestly don't feel any internet really "fits" and that's on purpose, I doubt they'll ever settle on one (I hope they don't anyway). They'll just keep rotating for all eternity, because sticking with one, or stopping having them both will probably hurt the show more than help it. As far as the character interactions go.

I just hope some of the rotating interns in the future actually amuse me, instead of frustrating me to watch/listen to.
word count: 273

TJ4ever
King of the Lab

Post by TJ4ever »

Vincent was ok! I miss Zack, though!
Simone.
word count: 8
Angela: Well, what about love? What do you have to say about love?
Hodgins: It´s overrated-most of the time :-)

Dexter: They make it look so easy-connecting with another human being. It's like no one told them it's the hardest thing in the world.

ForensicMama
Fan

Post by ForensicMama »

I loved seeing Vincent tonight. He's cute with his random facts. Hodgins and he interact so well. I have a mild love for Wendell. He seems likable and kind. I also love Clark. He's just so serious. It's good to see the cast throw him off kilter with their 'drama'. xD

~Mama
word count: 55
Blogger, Temptress, & Miss America All In One Compact Little Package
http://bonesspoilers.blogspot.com

English Al
Fan

Post by English Al »

Mr Nigel-Murray (thought Nigel was his first name :lol: ) is definately the best. He also seems to be gelling with Hodgins and the team better as well. Plus he also add to the attraction for a UK audience I guess (no idea if he is a "hotty" though, man here!).

I think there is a future for his character in the show, but would they have to boot someone else out first, ala Zack's demise? If so...see ya Sweets* or Cam :whistle:

*Please note that I actually like Sweets, just going on a last in, first out basis.
word count: 100

ThyneAlone
TJ Team Validator

Post by ThyneAlone »

English Al wrote:(no idea if he is a "hotty" though, man here!)
He's quite a pretty little thing but it would just be creepy, like fancying a pupil.....!!!
word count: 30

begolden
Conspiracy Theorist

Post by begolden »

Yes, I have to admit that Vincent Nigel-Murray is growing on me...

I actually enjoy his strange little factoids, although this used to be Hodgins' thing in the past.
word count: 30
Fan of the Orgasmic Grilled Cheese Sandwich

sundy317
Fan

Post by sundy317 »

First of all,I liked the idea of having many interns coming and going,because I don't think it would be possible to replace Zack...
Now,Vincent Nigel-Murray (I thought his first name was Nigel too at first!) is my favourite by far...And I agree with Steph,he's cute...in a weird way.
From the rest,Clark is the one I prefer,though I don't like him so much as his interaction with the others (especially with Cam).
word count: 83
-Θα στο πω όσο πιο γρήγορα γίνεται,γιατί μπορεί να πάθω έμφραγμα και να μην προλάβω να στο πω και να μην το μάθεις ποτέ...

Nelbel
Fan

Post by Nelbel »

Vincent has always been my favorite intern especially in Science in the Pysicist. The experiment with hodgins was great, and them being grounded afterwards. I loved him in the finale too. That look fit him well.
word count: 36

nainaitok
Fan

Post by nainaitok »

the one intern that always make me laugh is Daisy...she can make anyone in the lab feeling distracted....
word count: 19

kayleigh_marie
Conspiracy Theorist

Post by kayleigh_marie »

I think my favorite intern is Fisher, and I don't know why. I really can't give an explanation, other than every time Fisher is in the episode, I perk up. I think that dark humor is missing in the show, and I enjoy it. (Did anyone see the episode where they go see Avatar? :lol: )
Then, next would be Clark. To me, he's an intern version of Brennan. How she would have been before she met Booth, and he 'humanized' her. Strictly business, and I mean come on. He found something on a bone that Zack missed. He's brilliant. There's also the clear tension between him and Angela, not in the way she and Hodgins have it, but it's there. She makes him uncomfortable, and though he tries to hide it, it allows for a bit of Clark to get into the workplace.
I dislike Daisy as an intern, though she is pretty great for Sweets. Haha.
word count: 162
Aha! Unidentified particulates. The two sweetest words I know.

boo
Fan

Post by boo »

None compare to Zach. I just want Zachy back. :cry: The others all seem to work for their particular episode roles, but I wouldn't want any of them as regulars. Possibly the English hottie. I agree with Nelbel about the episode where he and Hodgins get in trouble, Cam: What did I tell you? Hodgins: That we're not to be left alone .. unsupervised. (or something like that) :lol: Very cute. And he was adorable in that weird dream sequence finale with his little hat. :D So yeah, I can see potential with him, but I'd still prefer for them to bring Zacharoni back.
word count: 103
I demand another beetle. Jeff has a groin pull.

SmackyKennedy
Bug Guy

Post by SmackyKennedy »

I FINALLY got season 1 and 2 on DVD the other day and have watched through the "Man in the Bear Episode." Made me think about this sort of question.

First, there is no replacing Zach. How adorable he was with the Courier in that last one I watched??! I think the revolving interns is a great idea. Keeps it different. My favorite is Mr. Nigel-Murray. I am a sucker for a British accent though! My least favorite would probably be Wendell (too pretty boy), and Daisy would drive me nuts in about 2 minutes if I worked with her!!
word count: 101
"I live, I breathe, I let it rain on me. I sleep, I wake, I try hard not to break. I crave, I love, I've waited long enough." ~Not Pretty Enough/Kasey Chambers

Rachel O!
Fan

Post by Rachel O! »

I LOVE Fischer. The episode that he, Hodgins, and Sweets were geeking out over Avatar was actually the reason I saw that movie. I live in Germany so I hadn't seen any commercials. That episode made me laugh so hard. "I love that poem..." Ha.
I liked Wendell (and the fact that Booth likes him, too) until he went in for Angela and caused poor Hodgins so much turmoil... now it is my duty to dislike him. :D
word count: 78
I fell off the couch the first time I saw "The Man in the Fallout Shelter". wOw.

ThyneAlone
TJ Team Validator

Post by ThyneAlone »

Hi Rachel! Welcome to the boards. Read around and tell us about yourself. You'll make lots of friends!

Though Vincent is my personal favourite, I actually do like Fisher's personality and he does make me laugh. He certainly did in the ep you refer to, loved all that stuff in the queue!
word count: 54

MariaDiaper
Fan

Post by MariaDiaper »

Besides Zack obviously, my favourite is definitely Vincent Nigel Murrary. I think he's so cute with his hair & his eyes plus I love how he spurts out facts - I find it really interesting! I know this annoys people but I adore it! I cannot stand Daisy, she gets on my nerves so badly. Not a fan of Fisher or Clark either.

In order from best to worst:
1. Zack
2. Vincent
3. Finn
4. Aristoo
5. Wendell
6. Fisher
7. Daisy

Hope I haven't missed any..
word count: 88
Met TJ on 12/07/2014 at London Film & Comic Con.

ThyneAlone
TJ Team Validator

Post by ThyneAlone »

Well, there's that arrogant Wells tool who has just arrived, whom I loathe and despise, and the latest girl whose name I forget (Jessica?) but is coming across as another bighead, only this time one who gives out on a first date, but otherwise pretty complete!
word count: 47

MariaDiaper
Fan

Post by MariaDiaper »

Is he the one who eats string cheese? If so, he is at the bottom of the list along with that redhead girl (I think that's the one you mean!). Thanks for telling me who I missed!
word count: 38
Met TJ on 12/07/2014 at London Film & Comic Con.

skftex
TJ Team Validator

Post by skftex »

I liked Vincent, I guess my favorite now is Aristoo but A LOT of that has to do with the fact that Pej Vahdat seems to be a really nice guy.

I like Fisher because he's so morbid.

I don't care for Clark, and I was hoping Daisy was the intern that got killed (though I knew it would be Vincent because he had Alphas)

I hated the new girl, she's just Daisy 2.0. I don't like Wells much. And I will, never, ever, ever, ever like Wendell, he's a bad friend, and I don't forgive him (and TJ wouldn't forgive him either! I asked him! LOL)

Finn is okay. I guess he'd be above Daisy and Wendell (tied for last) and Clark and Wells and Daisy 2.0, so he'd be third I guess behind Vincent and Aristoo!
word count: 149
Blessed are they who see beautiful things in humble places where other people see nothing.-Camille Pissarro